Lucifer
chad4401
Curtinho
futbol
jibers
Mr Nick09
11 posters

Go down

The problems of Real Madrid's midfield Empty The problems of Real Madrid's midfield

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:11 pm

We need a DM like Busquets hmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The problems of Real Madrid's midfield Empty Re: The problems of Real Madrid's midfield

Post by jibers Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:30 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:We need a DM like Busquets hmm

You need structure before throwing any names around. usquets would make little difference if he is always facing 3 players by himself Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

The problems of Real Madrid's midfield Empty Re: The problems of Real Madrid's midfield

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:42 pm

i would argue that the right players can also improve the structure you want to have. As in if you play kroos as mediocentro you are not exactly helping yourself...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:i would argue that the right players can also improve the structure you want to have. As in if you play kroos as mediocentro you are not exactly helping yourself...

Kroos did fine when he had Isco and Hames either side defending as well. I agree a better #6 would help but there is a far bigger problem. Busquets struggled a lot the season before when the Barcelona defensive structure suffered and people said he was in a rut.

Kroos and Modric double pivote dealt with most problems before Bale got back.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:00 pm

there are like 2-3 problems as far as shape for us
1-CR not playing his wing and being subpar in defending work
2-isco/james not being CMs but playing deep
3-Kroos not knowing how to defend and being a lousy transition defender

kroos-modric did fine for a few months and then crumbled, obviously we are talking about the top 5% in football here, and slight adjustment make a diff to me.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:04 pm

We could do with 2 Busquetses. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

The problems of Real Madrid's midfield Empty The problems of Real Madrid's midfield

Post by jibers Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:there are like 2-3 problems as far as shape for us
1-CR not playing his wing and being subpar in defending work
2-isco/james not being CMs but playing deep
3-Kroos not knowing how to defend and being a lousy transition defender

kroos-modric did fine for a few months and then crumbled, obviously we are talking about the top 5% in football here, and slight adjustment make a diff to me.

They crumbled because of the shape around them. When Carlo played the 442 when Bale was injured, Isco and Hames went back there to defend and the lines where compressed so they defended better, so much so that even Messi was completely shut out.

I agree Kroos can't defend and lacks the capacity to, but getting Busquets or Weigl in there or even getting prime Kean and Viera together won't do much if they are constantly facing 4 to 5 players by themselves.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:33 pm

If Madrid had kept Di Maria and sold Ronaldo instead and had a real holder/tempo controller ala Busquets or maybe a Mascherano or Matuidi or something they'd be set.

Benzema
Bale ---------------- Di Maria
Modric - James/Isco
DM

That would be pretty epic, IMO. I still think regardless of how they set up their midfield right now they will win most games but still have major issues as long as Ronaldo is still around. I really think his knees are shot and since he is no longer as dynamic it makes the whole team weaker because he's so selfish.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:53 pm

modric-kroos can handle themselves, if zidane can get the team to defend as a unit, and keep the shape, watch kroos dominate offensively and defensively Proud.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:14 pm

What midfield?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:30 pm

Please, he's far too young for Madrid. Madrid will never have the patience to stand by a developing player. He will struggle to adapt for a season and then be forever relegated to the bench as a new, shinier toy comes along.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:37 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Please, he's far too young for Madrid. Madrid will never have the patience to stand by a developing player. He will struggle to adapt for a season and then be forever relegated to the bench as a new, shinier toy comes along.

Barcelona have a system, BVB have s system, at Madrid he would be a sitting duck like Illaramendi.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:47 pm

jibers wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Barcelona have a system, BVB have s system, at Madrid he would be a sitting duck like Illaramendi.

THIS
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:05 pm

Madrid's midfield this season has to be one of the biggest jokes I've ever seen.

Spoiler:

FFS rofl

No player will be able to fix that midfield. It's up to the coach to implement a proper system.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:31 pm

i actually want a dm in the line up- namely casemiro, who's job it will be to kick scratch bite fight for every ball. but i wouldn't mind another (not a 50 million signing), to compete with him, and a better system with everyone contributing to the defensive effort. busquets on this team? we don't hold the ball as much, and not everyone marks, he'll be tormented all day
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:55 pm

Casciavit wrote:Madrid's midfield this season has to be one of the biggest jokes I've ever seen.

Spoiler:

FFS rofl

No player will be able to fix that midfield. It's up to the coach to implement a proper system.

Wtf is James doing in that last gif rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:12 am

Toulalan is the best fix for RM's midfield. He's got the right amount of brain and the brawn. Kroos is a much better attacker than defender. It's obvious. Everytime RM try to shut down the opposition at the midfield they always get run through because they don't field someone who can crunch the ball away from the opposition at midfield. I'm thinking Ramos or Pepe can do it but Ramos is kinda shaky when he tries to dribble forward. Zidane should try Pepe at DM if RM fail to obtain a DM.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:52 am

titosantill wrote:
jibers wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote: Please, he's far too young for Madrid. Madrid will never have the patience to stand by a developing player. He will struggle to adapt for a season and then be forever relegated to the bench as a new, shinier toy comes along.

THIS
I strongly refute that argument because Illarramendi got his chances and he crumbled like a deck of card
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum