farfan
FennecFox7
Lucifer
free_cat
Kaladin
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Leicester City appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Leicester City appreciation thread

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:04 pm

Knate's been getting tons of praise from the press so he isn't unsung, it's just easier for casuals to heap it on vardy and mahrez

IMO their most important players have been Mahrez, Kante, Vardy, Morgan and Okazaki in that order

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

The Leicester City appreciation thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Leicester City appreciation thread

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:05 pm

Kante is a beast though

could see him at arsenal next season Sad
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:26 pm

I can't be the only one who doesn't care about these underdog stories? No disrespect to LCFC, but this just highlights how sh!t the PL has gotten.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:41 pm

Tbh when I actually watch Leicester that's the impression I get. They don't seem to be very good, they just have really bad competition. Will be interesting to see them in the CL next season.

Having said that I do enjoy this underdog thing, its always fun to see a club that doesn't normal win compete for something, no matter how good they are.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:49 pm

It's nice to see, but it just exposes the league. I mean the PL clubs in Europe can barely get past the minnows there it's not complete shocker that these teams in the PL can beat them.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:53 pm

h8ers gonna h8

go cheer on City you heartless gloryhunting Pep fanboys
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:54 pm

if we can appreciate greece the euro 2004 winner

why not this leceister?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:17 pm

Cruijf wrote: Will be interesting to see them in the CL next season.

No it won't.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:21 pm

guest_07 wrote:if we can appreciate greece the euro 2004 winner

why not this leceister?

Does anyone really appreciate them though?

I only appreciate our underdog win in 92. Winning without qualifying Molenation
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Freeza wrote:
guest_07 wrote:if we can appreciate greece the euro 2004 winner

why not this leceister?

Does anyone really appreciate them though?

I only appreciate our underdog win in 92. Winning without qualifying Molenation

Very Happy Thumbs up denmark troll the euro 1992

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:38 pm

I rather watch the PL where teams are on an even keel and it's competitive and unpredictable,  where this season a  team like LCFC are defying all odds by being in contention to win it....

..than watch a league dominated by one team or two teams. Zzzz

I find it refreshing to see in a major league, and I think every football lover should appreciate it.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:20 am

just another butthurt PL h8ing Serie A fan..

Its all relative my friend - the fact that leicester are doing so well in a league with 15 or so teams who are expected to be better than them is awesome to see, even as an arsenal fan. Taking it away from them because you think "PL is n00b" is an unnecessary thing to say.

2 losses in 25 games in a top 3 league (PL, LL, Bund) in the world when 15 or so teams are supposed to be substantially better than you is an amazing achievement already.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:29 am

Come on guys, we probably haven't seen such a feat where an actual underdog won a major league since Super Depor and I'm wondering if they count since that squad would win a league now.

Yeah, the BPL isn't as strong as they used to be but winning the EPL is still hard regardless and for Leceister to still be top after 24 games where most of us thought they would have dropped by now is remarkable.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:46 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CakdpoFUsAAviWn.jpg
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:25 pm

When less heralded clubs used to put in a really good run in the Bundesliga, for example (remember Hoffenheim in, what was it, '09 or so? even Dortmund in 10/11), people used to point out that even though the German league had a lesser reputation at the time among casual fans, the competitiveness made for a more fun league.

They were right.

Leicester's phenomenal run this season is enjoyable in itself, and is not necessarily correlated to an argument that PL is crap. If it were a good argument in itself that the PL sucks, we'd presumably more Leicester situations than we do. Instead, it's exceedingly rare.

(If PL sucks, it does so for other reasons, such as recent struggles of English teams in Europe...)

Bracketing out my own Arsenal fandom, obviously, I'll be thrilled to see Leicester continue to do well, because it shakes things up a little, and because we can enjoy a team perform well as a real team - not a faceless unit, but a group of hard-working guys who try to play to one another's strengths. That's what Leicester are doing. If they get picked over by bigger clubs, if some of the journeymen in the squad have their form dip again, if they get clobbered by Real Madrid in CL group stages next season ... it doesn't take away from the joy of seeing them do what they're doing now. The combination of late bloomers, veterans having great seasons, and diamond-in-the-rough signings is really something.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:10 pm

5 point gap on PL Proud Hope they win it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:29 pm

What's also impressive, besides being first, is that they also have the most goals scored, on par with citeh. Both have scored 47 goals. If United beat Chelsea tonight they will close the gap between them and City to 4 points. It would be glorious if the latter missed the CL
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:52 am

Barcelona will this summer play friendlies against Liverpool, Leicester (both games presumably in England) and Celtic (in Dublin). [ara]

Leicester vs. Barca. Molenation

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:29 pm

Dem auditions :bow:

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:13 pm

You're right. Let's see if messi and Neymar are good enough for this Leicester side. I have my doubts.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:21 pm

Not the brightest bulb are we?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:22 pm

Leicester already behaving like a big team :bow:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:46 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:I can't be the only one who doesn't care about these underdog stories? No disrespect to LCFC, but this just highlights how sh!t the PL has gotten.

Um no, more parity is a GOOD thing. Competitiveness is what sport should be about.  The PL has become better if it continues on like this after this season. So what if their top clubs aren't as good anymore. No one wants to see the same teams winning over and over again.

Yes PL will most likely do worse in Europe because of it. But it's the other leagues who should try to increase parity or do would be rather see PSG win the title again by March. If all the other leagues in Europe had seasons from now on like the one PL is having this season, the CL and Europa would be much more interesting.

If things don't change, a Euro Super League will be made and that will the be worst thing for football ever. In saying that, I'm sceptical that PL will keep on having seasons like this in the future. Have a feeling Man City, United and Chelsea will clean up their acts and be only ones dominating again.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:12 pm

Do not understand how anyone can say that big teams struggling means that the league is shit, it means exactly the opposite Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:53 am

As Rocky i(Ray Hudson) implied this morning on the Football Show on Sirius, the EPL is at best the 4th league in Europe as far as quality of play and probably only fifth. Rocky is a former Newcastle midfielder, played and coached in the NASL and is an Englishman. A Geordie.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:18 am

Lucifer wrote:Not the brightest bulb are we?

Can't take a joke? :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next