Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by sportsczy Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:55 am

That's not what i'm saying...  

You can project that Iniesta would perform similarly in different circumstances but you don't know because it never happened.  For Zidane, you know because he did perform at legendary level in different circumstances.

You can't discount Iniesta for it.  But you can't give him credit for something he didn't achieve either.  For Zidane, you can give him credit because he did achieve it.

And the fact that Zidane was the top player on all his clubs other than a handful of months is undeniable.

As an analogy.... compare Zuckerberg v Jobs.  Jobs not only founded and brought Apple to what we know today, he also bought Pixar from Lucasfilm for $10 million in 1986 and sold it for $7.4 billion in 2005.  He made CGI animation into what it is today to go along with his Apple innovations.  So although you can't question Zuckerberg's brilliance and you can guess that his brilliance would transcend Facebook...  it hasn't yet and maybe never will.  Doesn't take away from Zuckerberg's brilliance and maybe he is equally as talented as jobs.  But you're just projecting that he is...  Jobs, on the other hand, is proven.  So in my mind at least, Jobs > Zuckerberg.

sportsczy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 19686
Join date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by jibers Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:22 am

@sportsczy wrote:That's not what i'm saying...  

You can project that Iniesta would perform similarly in different circumstances but you don't know because it never happened.  For Zidane, you know because he did perform at legendary level in different circumstances.

You can't discount Iniesta for it.  But you can't give him credit for something he didn't achieve either.  For Zidane, you can give him credit because he did achieve it.

And the fact that Zidane was the top player on all his clubs other than a handful of months is undeniable.

As an analogy.... compare Zuckerberg v Jobs.  Jobs not only founded and brought Apple to what we know today, he also bought Pixar from Lucasfilm for $10 million in 1986 and sold it for $7.4 billion in 2005.  He made CGI animation into what it is today to go along with his Apple innovations.  So although you can't question Zuckerberg's brilliance and you can guess that his brilliance would transcend Facebook...  it hasn't yet and maybe never will.  Doesn't take away from Zuckerberg's brilliance and maybe he is equally as talented as jobs.  But you're just projecting that he is...  Jobs, on the other hand, is proven.  So in my mind at least, Jobs > Zuckerberg.


Yea so legendary for Juve that when Del Piero got injured Zidane was anonymous. Legendary level for Madrid? What are you smoking sports?

This is the kind of hyperbole I'm talking about when Zidane is mentioned Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10215
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Valkyrja Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:33 am

Zidane is not a Madrid legend. Can't pronounce myself on his Juve stint though
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11179
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by futbol_bill Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:50 am

@Valkyrja wrote:Zidane is not a Madrid legend. Can't pronounce myself on his Juve stint though


??? Are you kidding me?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 5031
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Valkyrja Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:04 am

@futbol_bill wrote:
@Valkyrja wrote:Zidane is not a Madrid legend. Can't pronounce myself on his Juve stint though


??? Are you kidding me?


no. i don't consider him a madrid legend, probably due to the fact that his stint in madrid coincides with the worst madrid team I've ever seen and like the other galacticos he didn't do anything of note, except for that goal. his charisma propelled him to his current status.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11179
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by guest_07 Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:39 am

i just found out the video about zidane's skill that media always didn't show before


guest_07
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1846
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by titosantill Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:13 am

people have a lot of time on their hands...not sure what that's supposed to prove
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4523
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by guest_07 Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:08 am

@titosantill wrote:people have a lot of time on their hands...not sure what that's supposed to prove


its prove that zidane was not zero from silly mistake

in fact, its quite astonishing to have a compilation of 22 minutes of silly mistakes for player as famous as zidane who many rated him as top 10 best player in all time

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1846
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by titosantill Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:28 am

what's quite astonishing is the desperation of the vid creator terming it "rare skills", that wreaks of desperation and an agenda. there isn't a footballer above errors, and any jobless person with time on their hands can go out and start fishing for every footballers mistakes and find something. maybe gaizka mendieta with his few turnovers is now better than zidane....stick to the riquelme praises, this doesn't suit you.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4523
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by guest_07 Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:16 am

@titosantill wrote:what's quite astonishing is the desperation of the vid creator terming it "rare skills", that wreaks of desperation and an agenda. there isn't a footballer above errors, and any jobless person with time on their hands can go out and start fishing for every footballers mistakes and find something. maybe gaizka mendieta with his few turnovers is now better than zidane....stick to the riquelme praises, this doesn't suit you.


don't be too defensive

every player is not free from criticize

even legendary like casillas, people made fun of him because of silly mistakes

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1846
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:36 am

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Andres-Iniesta-Zinedine-Zidane-Comparison

Iniesta Ballon d'Or #2, Euro Best Player, Uefa Best Player
Zidane Ballon d'Or #1, World Cup Golden Ball, Euro Best Player, Uefa Best Player

Iniesta won more team titles, Zidane individual titles, both are overrated, although Iniesta less so. So Iniesta wins.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12894
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:41 am

Both are overrated? rofl

Iniesta win % in the finals tho Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4263
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:45 am

@Winter is Coming wrote:Both are overrated? rofl

Iniesta win % in the finals tho Proud
http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/world-soccer-awards-messi-leads-the-way-as-barcelona-sweep-the-board-366880


2015 Top 10

17.2 Messi
13.0 Cronaldo
12.5 Neymar
10.8 Suarez
8.3 Lewandowski
4.5 Müller
4.1 Iniesta
3.6 Ibrahimovic
2.5 Pobga
2.4 Neuer

When was the last time AM was included in Top 10 with 1+2 in the League the whole year? This has been the case with Iniesta some time now. Zidane's WC Golden Ball is also the worst of the kind, and his goals at the end of NT competitions has stolen some of the glory of his team performances.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12894
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by titosantill Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:51 am

win % in finals is dependent largely on the team. besides the first final 2nil win over utd, barcelona have been head and shoulders above the other teams they've met in ucl finals from 06 till last year against juve. whilst juve where probably stronger than us in 98, it wasn't as clear a gap....and no disrespect to iniesta, but that gulf in gap wasn't particularly due to him. same for spain n netherland. its what bothers me when one goes "suarez (great player btw) scored in a ucl final, and henry flopped in his with arsenal", henry was playing against a much better team than his, and even without suarez, messi would have run riot on juventus all day, even if they had replayed that game ten times
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4523
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Claudio84 Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Zidane was the leader in all of temas he played. Iniesta was a Top Player but the leader of the was/is someone else, although i think Zidane is more skillful than Iniesta imo anyways.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 208
Join date : 2015-08-27

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:01 pm

@Harmonica wrote:
@Winter is Coming wrote:Both are overrated? rofl

Iniesta win % in the finals tho Proud
http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/world-soccer-awards-messi-leads-the-way-as-barcelona-sweep-the-board-366880


2015 Top 10

17.2 Messi
13.0 Cronaldo
12.5 Neymar
10.8 Suarez
8.3 Lewandowski
4.5 Müller
4.1 Iniesta
3.6 Ibrahimovic
2.5 Pobga
2.4 Neuer

When was the last time AM was included in Top 10 with 1+2 in the League the whole year? This has been the case with Iniesta some time now. Zidane's WC Golden Ball is also the worst of the kind, and his goals at the end of NT competitions has stolen some of the glory of his team performances.


That's where legends are born though
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11179
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:37 pm

@Harmonica wrote:both are overrated, although Iniesta less so.

(:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14493
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Bankz Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:58 pm

What tito said.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2871
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:39 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:
@Harmonica wrote:
@Winter is Coming wrote:Both are overrated? rofl

Iniesta win % in the finals tho Proud
http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/world-soccer-awards-messi-leads-the-way-as-barcelona-sweep-the-board-366880


2015 Top 10

17.2 Messi
13.0 Cronaldo
12.5 Neymar
10.8 Suarez
8.3 Lewandowski
4.5 Müller
4.1 Iniesta
3.6 Ibrahimovic
2.5 Pobga
2.4 Neuer

When was the last time AM was included in Top 10 with 1+2 in the League the whole year? This has been the case with Iniesta some time now. Zidane's WC Golden Ball is also the worst of the kind, and his goals at the end of NT competitions has stolen some of the glory of his team performances.


That's where legends are born though
Or myths.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12894
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:41 pm

@Harmonica wrote:
@Valkyrja wrote:
@Harmonica wrote:
http://www.worldsoccer.com/features/world-soccer-awards-messi-leads-the-way-as-barcelona-sweep-the-board-366880


2015 Top 10

17.2 Messi
13.0 Cronaldo
12.5 Neymar
10.8 Suarez
8.3 Lewandowski
4.5 Müller
4.1 Iniesta
3.6 Ibrahimovic
2.5 Pobga
2.4 Neuer

When was the last time AM was included in Top 10 with 1+2 in the League the whole year? This has been the case with Iniesta some time now. Zidane's WC Golden Ball is also the worst of the kind, and his goals at the end of NT competitions has stolen some of the glory of his team performances.


That's where legends are born though
Or myths.


Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Messiphoto3

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Article-2414150-0EB8592A00000578-751_306x463
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11179
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:46 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:
@Harmonica wrote:
@Valkyrja wrote:

That's where legends are born though
Or myths.


Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Messiphoto3

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Article-2414150-0EB8592A00000578-751_306x463
Great example, Messi carried Argentina to the final and lost all the credit there, France carried Zidane to final where he stole all the credit.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12894
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:59 pm

Who cares? Even if that were true, winning trumps everything. Nobody remembers the losers
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11179
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Harmonica Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:05 pm

People with honesty, integrity and logic do. That's what matters, who cares what casual fans remember?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 12894
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by jibers Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Zidane is ovverated because he is put in the same league as Cruijff, Pele and Di Stefano and Messi. Anyone with sense and is unbiased can see he is not on that level. Does nothing for 10 games, traps the ball elegantly and people wax lyrical about it for 7 years.

Dat GOAT (:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10215
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:28 pm

@Harmonica wrote:People with honesty, integrity and logic do. That's what matters, who cares what casual fans remember?


It's a spectator sport
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11179
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by jibers Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:32 pm

@Valkyrja wrote:
@Harmonica wrote:People with honesty, integrity and logic do. That's what matters, who cares what casual fans remember?


It's a spectator sport


Remember when you used to claim CR was better than Messi, what changed your mind?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10215
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited) - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta vs Zidane (revisited)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum