Khaled
The Lizard King
The Franchise
windkick
billionmillion
36 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Iniesta is as good as Zidane? Empty Iniesta is as good as Zidane?

Post by billionmillion Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Same style, almost same stats. both scored in WC final, both scored 7-8 goals in a season, both very intelligent and technical players.
so what is difference between them? if you know let me know too :bball:
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Iniesta is as good as Zidane? Empty Re: Iniesta is as good as Zidane?

Post by windkick Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Zidane looks like a model and had better tricks/flare

Zidane played with lame Real Madrid and Iniesta is dominating the world with Barcelona Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:25 pm

Zidane is clearly better......

Zidane is Iniesta, just add size, strength, aerial ability and better shooting.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:42 am

Dead ball ability too.

It's not an insult to Iniesta that he's a lesser version of Zidane. But he is. But maybe in a few years time he'll be able to match up to Zizou's greatness..

Deadballs and aerial ability aside..he has what it takes..the neat flicks..the skillful first touches..the first touch to beat a defender..the vision..and he oozes class. Hopefully, in time, he can develop a killer headbutt too Razz

But for now. Zidane > Iniesta. No question
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:33 am

Thiago has some gd header, 2 of 3 goals he scored for Barca this season came from headers Twisted Evil just saying!!

anyway, Iniesta > Zidane Smile Twisted Evil
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:13 am

difference could be that Zidane at 34 took a underwhelming and aging france squad to the final. He was that good.

All bias aside, he isnt as good as zidane was. To be honest im having a hard time rating some of your players for the simple fact that there is an indecent amount of talent in your squad, and it's the talent of the many that is diluted to make you the team you are.

Only players that are truly standing out to me are Xavi and Messi. Still thining about how i rate xavi in comparison to other midifield greats tho.

But no, i dont think Iniesta is in that realm. Xavi maybe.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:40 am

No, Iniesta is not as good as Zidane and I don't think he will ever reach Zidane's level IMO.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:44 am

Not sure if serious.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:51 am

He will never reach his Level. Zidane is Zidane, nobody will surpass him. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:28 am

Xavi is better than Iniesta imo

Zidane is on another level over both
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:53 am

Dani summed it up pretty well, but I'll also add Zidane seemed to exert a little more influence over his team. Not quite like Xavi, but he was one of those players who could drive his team by himself regularly. Unless Xavi retires and Iniesta is able to take over that role of being the team's engine, he's still not too close to Zidane.

Zidane was an attacking midfielder unlike Xavi, but I would consider these two guys in the same class. 2 of the great midfielders of all time. Xavi will continue to cement this status.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:47 am

Zidane is the great lie of world football.

His trophy cabinet is good thanks to the WC and Eurocup won with France, but his club trophy cabinet is mediocre. People say hilarious things (like Yuri did in this thread), that he carried France to a WC and a WC final. Far from truth. France was the best team, with the likes of Henry, Trezeguet, Djorkaef, Deschamps, Thuram, Makelele and a long etc. And in 2006 WC, Zidane was more a liability than an asset the whole competition. He scores a couple of penalties and a late goal against Spain and he is suddenly carrying France. Be serious, he was already finished then.

He was never the force that it is said to be, and he was never better than some of his current time peers, such as Rivaldo, Figo, Ronaldo.

Where was the mighty Zidane in 1998 CL final against Real Madrid? And against Dortmund in the 97?

How some can name Zidane as one of history best players is beyond me. He is the most overated player in history.

Iniesta is more or less in Zidane level, maybe he hasn't reached that yet, but let's not forget that Zidane started to shine pretty late. Iniesta has been shining for some years already. He can definitely get on Zidane levels. The problem is that even if Iniesta reaches or surpassess Zidane levels, he will never get the credit, because he will always be outshadowed by the best player ever.

Unless he went to keep winning titles with Spain, where Iniesta could be the undisputed star, but I don't think that will happen (hopefully).

Last edited by free_cat on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:06 am

His trophy cabinet is good thanks to the WC and Eurocup won with France, but his club trophy cabinet is mediocre.

So Pedro > R9 . lol.

he was never better than some of his current time peers, such as Rivaldo, Figo, Ronaldo.

Im a Madrid fan. and you know Figo, Ronaldo and Zidane were together in Madrid for years.

Figo was on the pitch, Ronaldo was on the pitch, Beckham was on the pitch, Carlos was on the pitch, Raul was on the pitch........ but Zidane was a step above all of them.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:Zidane is clearly better......

Zidane is Iniesta, just add size, strength, aerial ability and better shooting.

Quite a nice way of putting it.

I would add that Zidane was more technically complete even though in terms of technique Iniesta is one of the best around today. Also the perennial argument comes in again that Iniesta has Xavi and Xavi has Iniesta. Not that Zidane played in a weak team but at least he ran the show from central midfield without any player of equivalent quality beside him.

Last season Xavi got a chance to show what he could do with Iniesta often out with injuries. He did very well on his own and played a huge role in everything Barcelona achieved but still people felt a certain something was missing. Iniesta on the other hand is yet to face top class opposition without Xavi by his side. At times I feel that only after Xavi is phased out will we get to know exactly how high Iniesta deserves to be placed in an all time world order.

Iniesta is not Zidane, a mini Zidane maybe. However I will say this much for him that he is the closest anyone has been to Zizou since the French legend retired.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:09 pm

The Lizard King wrote:Dead ball ability too.

It's not an insult to Iniesta that he's a lesser version of Zidane. But he is. But maybe in a few years time he'll be able to match up to Zizou's greatness..

Deadballs and aerial ability aside..he has what it takes..the neat flicks..the skillful first touches..the first touch to beat a defender..the vision..and he oozes class. Hopefully, in time, he can develop a killer headbutt too Razz

But for now. Zidane > Iniesta. No question

Very nice post man.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:19 pm

Mamad wrote:
His trophy cabinet is good thanks to the WC and Eurocup won with France, but his club trophy cabinet is mediocre.

So Pedro > R9 . lol.

he was never better than some of his current time peers, such as Rivaldo, Figo, Ronaldo.

Im a Madrid fan. and you know Figo, Ronaldo and Zidane were together in Madrid for years.

Figo was on the pitch, Ronaldo was on the pitch, Beckham was on the pitch, Carlos was on the pitch, Raul was on the pitch........ but Zidane was a step above all of them.

Nope, that's false. Zidane was only great for Madrid the first season in which he helped Real Madrid a lot to win the CL. In the second season, Ronaldo and Casillas gave Madrid the league, Zidane was worse than them both. The rest of the seasons Zidane was a liability to Madrid.

Plus, I wasn't talking about Zidane compared to those players when they where at Madrid, but comparing him at his peak to those players at his peak. All of them were on par to Zidane, Ronaldo arguably better.

The thing about PR>CR I don't answer because it's plain stupid.

Last edited by free_cat on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:03 pm

free_cat wrote:
Mamad wrote:

So Pedro > R9 . lol.

Nope, that's false. Zidane was only great for Madrid the first season in which he helped Real Madrid a lot to win the CL. In the second season, Ronaldo and Casillas gave Madrid the league, Zidane was worse than them both. The rest of the seasons Zidane was a liability to Madrid.

Plus, I wasn't talking about Zidane compared to those players when they were at Madrid, but comparing him at his peak to those players at his peak. All of them were on par to Zidane, Ronaldo arguably better.

but it's the same logic u used ? Neutral

and about your posts , you must be the biggest zidane hater I'v ever seen , my response to your posts was like :
Iniesta is as good as Zidane? 103tok7
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:14 pm

ali8775 wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Mamad wrote:

So Pedro > R9 . lol.

Plus, I wasn't talking about Zidane compared to those players when they were at Madrid, but comparing him at his peak to those players at his peak. All of them were on par to Zidane, Ronaldo arguably better.

but it's the same logic u used ? Neutral

and about your posts , you must be the biggest zidane hater I'v ever seen , my response to your posts was like :
Iniesta is as good as Zidane? 103tok7

No, it isn't the same logic. It is relevant to take into consideration the trophy cabinet when you are comparing legendary star players with similar individual quality. Players that are supposed to win the matches and titles for their teams with their quality. Pedro isn't one of them, and never will.

Zidane was, Ronaldinho was, Figo was, Messi is. See the logic?

I'm not a Zidane hater, I don't hate him at all. I actually like the guy and how he played. I am a Zidane realist: I place him where he belongs, amongst many other great players of his time like Ronaldo, Figo, Rivaldo, Henry, Maldini (probably others), and in the hall of fame of all time great footballers, but by no means in the top of it.

PS. Where was Zidane in the 97 and 98 CL finals?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:36 pm

The xcx wrote:
free_cat wrote:Zidane is the great lie of world football.

His trophy cabinet is good thanks to the WC and Eurocup won with France, but his club trophy cabinet is mediocre. People say hilarious things (like Yuri did in this thread), that he carried France to a WC and a WC final. Far from truth. France was the best team, with the likes of Henry, Trezeguet, Djorkaef, Deschamps, Thuram, Makelele and a long etc. And in 2006 WC, Zidane was more a liability than an asset the whole competition. He scores a couple of penalties and a late goal against Spain and he is suddenly carrying France. Be serious, he was already finished then.

He was never the force that it is said to be, and he was never better than some of his current time peers, such as Rivaldo, Figo, Ronaldo.

Where was the mighty Zidane in 1998 CL final against Real Madrid? And against Dortmund in the 97?

How some can name Zidane as one of history best players is beyond me. He is the most overated player in history.

Iniesta is more or less in Zidane level, maybe he hasn't reached that yet, but let's not forget that Zidane started to shine pretty late. Iniesta has been shining for some years already. He can definitely get on Zidane levels. The problem is that even if Iniesta reaches or surpassess Zidane levels, he will never get the credit, because he will always be outshadowed by the best player ever.

Unless he went to keep winning titles with Spain, where Iniesta could be the undisputed star, but I don't think that will happen (hopefully).
There hasnt been a single day without nonsence from barcelona fan, no please dont mind me, Carry On! Very Happy
Besides Zidanes greatness was known back in juve days and ofc the WC..Anyway who were Iniesta & Xavi before 2008?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:04 pm

The xcx wrote:

There hasnt been a single day without nonsence from barcelona fan, no please dont mind me, Carry On! Very Happy
Was there a need for this post? Please go back to your section if you want to post meaningless sentences that are only meant to rile someone up

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
The xcx wrote:

Was there a need for this post? Please go back to your section if you want to post meaningless sentences that are only meant to rile someone up
My apologies good sir. Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Iniesta is really a great player , I would like him to move to another team not because its barca but because I would like to see a team built around him.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MemoBarca Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:01 pm

4 me already better than Zidane, I may be biased but i think Andres is,
they both have gr8 talent, both are symbols is their countries, both have won WC, CL, UEFA NATIONS CUP, both scored in a WC final, 4 me Iniesta goal Against Chelsea was as important as Zidane's on Against Leverkusen.

Andres played 3 CL finals, and played a remarkable role in all of them.

note: sorry 4 my English Sad

MemoBarca
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:27 pm

MemoBarca wrote:4 me already better than Zidane, I may be biased but i think Andres is,
they both have gr8 talent, both are symbols is their countries, both have won WC, CL, UEFA NATIONS CUP, both scored in a WC final, 4 me Iniesta goal Against Chelsea was as important as Zidane's on Against Leverkusen.

Andres played 3 CL finals, and played a remarkable role in all of them.

note: sorry 4 my English Sad

no one would ever judge u for your english mate Smile
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Iniesta is better.
Achieved more at a younger age by playing a crucial role.
Both Xavi and Iniesta are better.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next