McAgger
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
RealGunner
104 posters

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 21 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by Bankz Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:15 pm

Laughing

Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 21 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:42 pm

It makes sense, congrats to him
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo signs new Real Madrid contract until 2021.

I know they are facing a transfer ban. But it's still a bad move from Real. Ronaldo has one or two good years ahead of him at best. He is on decline and will be the most overpaid sportsman in the world from 2018 to 2021.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:20 pm

Obviously no one thinks he's going to be very good all the way until 2021, but it was probably the only way to keep him happy.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:56 am

So he has officially signed a new contract keeping him with us for the next five years.

Pure marketing move if you ask me because, football-wise, he doesn't have much to offer anymore.

If he miraculously improves, I'll apologize and take back my words. But judging from his recent performances, I highly doubt he'll improve.

Against Leganés, he was utterly useless. His selfishness and obsession with goals are greatly hurting our game. He rarely ever passes the ball to his teammates even when they are unmarked in front of an open net. He doesn't take on players one-on-one. He doesn't drop back to help our midfielders or try to unlock defenses by himself or by combining with his teammates. He doesn't press nor defend.

Basically, all he does now is pass the ball back every time he gets it, and immediately runs to the opposition's box and wait for the ball to magically appear at his feet.

And the worst part is, the longer the goal drought is, the more selfish and indifferent he becomes. I watched him against Leganés literally walking while his teammates were killing themselves trying to win the ball back. Even when he loses the ball himself, he doesn't bother to win it back.

I don't know how could somebody be this indifferent and self-absorbed. To only focus on stats and completely ignore the fundamentals.

I feel really bad for our midfielders because they are the cream of the crop. Talent-wise, they're second to none. But they're not winning as much as they should because our forwards (excluding Bale) are lazy prima donnas who wouldn't lift a finger to save their own lives.

If they only defended like MSN, our performance would radically improve. But so far, only Bale is doing a decent job defending and creating. The other two: well, one is too busy getting injured and the other is only interested in scoring tap-ins and not helping at all, defensively or offensively.

This contract extension doesn't make any sense to me. Congrats for the shirt sales, Flo.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:05 am

Cristiano Ronaldo: "This not my last contract, because in 5 years I will be doing the same things"
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:05 am

rincon wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo: "This not my last contract, because in 5 years I will be doing the same things"

Laughing

rip Madrid fans. CR still starting at 40 years old
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:09 am

I am kinda surprised by this. I thought he would join PSG at some point or at least return to Man United.

Must say his love for Madrid is genuine.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:35 am

Why wouldn't he? Madrid/Perez has refs, judges, Uefa and media on their pocket, which inflates his perceived performances about 60-70% and protects him from everything, and he doesn't have to do anything.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:11 pm

It's not uncommon for a player to sign a contract then leave.

That being said, because of the transfer ban this is common procedure- pretty much everyone has signed a new contract this year

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:57 pm

Even as a Madrid and Ronaldo fan. I have to say, he has been absolute trash.

What's worse is he's what, 31, and he isn't mature enough to realize that he's lost a couple steps and continues to think he has the pace and physicality he used to have. He even dropped his weight to 176 from 184 which is a bone headed move. Shows his narcissistic side where he STILL thinks he can run fast and be a physical specimen no matter what and continue his selfish play.

Forget the goals and assists for a second. Because he's sucking there too, where as a second striker he should be getting loads.

He has been selfish, lazy and has looked like Ronney 2.0. Benz's injury issues seem to be pretty bad. I judged him wrong and I'm glad he's in the treatment room. Ronaldo has no excuse. And I hope he gets benched asap
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:01 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Even as a Madrid and Ronaldo fan. I have to say, he has been absolute trash.

What's worse is he's what, 31, and he isn't mature enough to realize that he's lost a couple steps and continues to think he has the pace and physicality he used to have. He even dropped his weight to 176 from 184 which is a bone headed move. Shows his narcissistic side where he STILL thinks he can run fast and be a physical specimen no matter what and continue his selfish play.

Forget the goals and assists for a second. Because he's sucking there too, where as a second striker he should be getting loads.

He has been selfish, lazy and has looked like Ronney 2.0. Benz's injury issues seem to be pretty bad. I judged him wrong and I'm glad he's in the treatment room. Ronaldo has no excuse. And I hope he gets benched asap

Based on his current form, I honestly think Jermain Defoe is more of an attacking threat Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:29 pm

It's unbelievable how fast he's deteriorating thimmy. And I honestly believe his selfishness and greed is making it way worse
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:15 am

FennecFox7 wrote:It's unbelievable how fast he's deteriorating thimmy. And I honestly believe his selfishness and greed is making it way worse

Yeah, poor form and aging is one thing, but the selfishness and seemingly indifferent attitude makes it even worse than it has to be. I believe I suggested 2 years ago that he should be sold sooner rather than later, despite him actually being in form at the time. Someone told me "that's no way to treat a club legend yada yada". Well, judging by his ego, I don't think he'll ever voluntarily leave the club, let alone resign from being a starter, regardless of his form or physical condition. Players like Raul, Xabi Alonso and even Casillas may have left wholly, or partly of their own free will, but I can't imagine CR7 doing the same.

Now, there's no doubt that Ronaldo has done a lot for the club. He's a fantastic player, and I think it's safe to say at this point that his purchase from Man United was the steal of the century. However, he doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would prioritize the club's best interests over his own, and therefore I don't see any reason why the club should prioritize his best interests over it's own. I don't think there's any Real Madrid supporter who doesn't respect him for his achievements as a club player, a club legend and as an athlete, but it seems to me that his ego will hurt the club in the long-term.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:45 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Even as a Madrid and Ronaldo fan. I have to say, he has been absolute trash.

Why do you think dropping his weight is wrong?

I'm so pumped by this move. I've always wanted Madrid to sell Ronaldo. Every season that there were rumours I secretely hoped he would be sold. But now it's clearly best for us that he stays and renews for a huge amount, just what happened. Couldn't be more happy.

We might have the same problem with Messi when he ages, but I can always see Messi adapting to a purely playmaking role, playing as a CM at his later ages 33+. Ronaldo when he loses a bit more of his pace, he won't be fit to play anywhere else. He could be a fantastic CB or FB at 33+, but obviously he will never want to play there...

2018-2021 will be golden years for Barça. We just need to keep Madrid at bay for 2 seasons and they'll implode.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:32 am

From Sport.es, he'll make 23.6 mill a year net. Damn thats a lot money.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:24 am

Cristiano Ronaldo has now scored 68 international goals, more than any other player currently playing international football.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:23 pm

free_cat wrote:

Why do you think dropping his weight is wrong?

I'm so pumped by this move. I've always wanted Madrid to sell Ronaldo. Every season that there were rumours I secretely hoped he would be sold. But now it's clearly best for us that he stays and renews for a huge amount, just what happened. Couldn't be more happy.

We might have the same problem with Messi when he ages, but I can always see Messi adapting to a purely playmaking role, playing as a CM at his later ages 33+. Ronaldo when he loses a bit more of his pace, he won't be fit to play anywhere else. He could be a fantastic CB or FB at 33+, but obviously he will never want to play there...

2018-2021 will be golden years for Barça. We just need to keep Madrid at bay for 2 seasons and they'll implode.

Where you lose out is reactions and stamina. Ideally more mass, in the right places is going to help someone like Cristiano who it looks like can only play with his physical attributes and not his brain
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:46 pm

Cr would be very good atm if he just stopped being selfish, but I can't blame him since he always got a free pass as long as he scored, I honestly feel if he makes the team implode this season, his minutes will definitely go down the following season, but of he wise up and actually try to be a team player, then a league is very possible still.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:19 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 21 Cxp44E8XEAArqnz

Damn right he is a legend
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:34 pm

When he passes and doesn't fire shots off from everywhere he is fantastic. His hold up play is very underrated.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:35 pm

Sexiest player of all time *insert kiss emoji*
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:39 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo has now scored 39 hat-tricks for Real Madrid in 8 seasons.

lmao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:19 pm

That's a monstrous number. The guy is truly one of the best players of his generation.

Having said that, I wish he had gone to Bale to hug him for his amazing assist instead of going the other way to celebrate.

He may have stolen the spotlight tonight, but there are other players who deserve as much credit as he does, or perhaps even more.

Bale played for the team tonight: he tracked back, he defended, he took the pressure off Marcelo and he unselfishly set up Ronaldo for his third goal.

Ronaldo needs to learn a thing or two from him (mainly on how to be a team player). Goals are not everything, you have to play for the shirt and sacrifice your own glory for the team.

Next time you score, don't run to celebrate by yourself. Instead, Turn back and thank your teammate for the assist and celebrate with them.

Great performance from him tonight. Thanks Ronaldo.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:33 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Congrats Barça for these precious three points.

Every time I watch their front three, I feel bad for my team. Our amazing midfielders deserve more, way more than Ronaldo and Benzema.

rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:34 pm

This forum at its best
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next