McAgger
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
RealGunner
104 posters

Page 15 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 15 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue May 10, 2016 5:39 am

Top kek tito.

Peeps keep getting strung up by comparisons these days.

I think Zidane and Redondo had equal influence on the team. though I think Zidane was more important.

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 15 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by M99 Tue May 10, 2016 5:48 am

When it comes down to a RM legends list, Zidane does not go over Raul. I doubt if he would go over Butragueno, Sanchez, Hierro and Casillas.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue May 10, 2016 6:01 am

titosantill wrote:@guest, he didn't make anybody look ordinary in that final. that final was evenly matched and both teams kept things a little stern on the defensive end. that wasn't even redondo's finest hour at madrid.....i'm hoping you're not bringing this riquelme grudge into this conversation as well. i'm becoming a little more aware of this forum and the patterns of members with regards players they like and who they consider rivals of such players. redondo and zidane never even played the same position/role for such comparison to be brought up

is riquelme relevant in this real madrid best player argument?

why brought his name?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue May 10, 2016 6:07 am

when you want to talk about best player for certain team, you can't avoid the comparison

let say we argue about who is the best (1 player only), meaning involve every position

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 10, 2016 6:11 am

I know of two seasons Redondo really stood out: 96-97 season and 99-2000 season. From my own viewing mixed with what more educated La Liga watchers told me, Redondo was always a sort of inconsistent player though Tito should know how he was. Interestingly, Zidane stood out the most (for me) in his first 3 seasons and then he started to wane season after season until his retirement but was still a delightful footballer even down to his final year. Sports would obviously disagree but I rank them both at the same level. More interestingly, they both won 1 La Liga title a piece with Redondo having just 1 more UCL win than Zizou.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 10, 2016 6:28 am

Zidane started fading after he turned 32... his fitness dropped and for a midfielder that's the story. Too bad he came to Madrid when he was 29. Madrid only got to see his late prime years. Juve saw his best play. 1996-2002 were his best years.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 10, 2016 6:36 am

sportsczy wrote:
guest_07 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:No he didn't...  when Flo destroyed the team and we weren't very good, Zidane kept us relevant just because people wanted to watch him.  Redondo was excellent but he didn't contribute more.
he lead the real team to 2 cl trophies was not good enough?
He didn't lead them.  He wasn't the star on the team. Those teams didn't have really huge stars.  We just had a lot of high character guys that willed us in cup competitions.  If anything, guys like Hierro, Chendo, Sanchis and Roberto Carlos were the headline grabbers.  The supposed big stars like Anelka and Suker flopped mostly.

Chendo was way past it when we won the 7th. He was retired already in 00.

@futbol bill

There is a differece between the best and greatest. Because r9 was definitely a better player than Raul but no way he should be ranked higher. Same with Zidane.

At GK we have Iker, at RB Chendo but Carvajal may change that in a few years. At CB Sanchis, Hierro maybe Ramos in a couple of years. At LB Marcelo is better than Carlos and Camacho were IMO. At DM Pirri, Redondo, Gallego...
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 10, 2016 6:37 am

M99 wrote:When it comes down to a RM legends list, Zidane does not go over Raul. I doubt if he would go over Butragueno, Sanchez, Hierro and Casillas.

He doesn't. He was a better player, but considering his quality and the expectations he underperformed badly
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 10, 2016 6:43 am

Guys who never saw Zidane play at Real Madrid kill me...  he got the adulation from the Madrid fans and the Bernabeu because he was obviously underachieving and average.  This is true because Madrid fans and the Bernabeu are renown for being understanding and patient with superstars who produce less than expected Laughing

Unbelievable.

This place is getting unbearable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 10, 2016 6:50 am

Valkyrja wrote:
M99 wrote:When it comes down to a RM legends list, Zidane does not go over Raul. I doubt if he would go over Butragueno, Sanchez, Hierro and Casillas.

He doesn't. He was a better player, but considering his quality and the expectations he underperformed badly

I don't think he underperformed either, I just think these guys are bigger "Real Madrid legends"

For example Zidane was better than Conte, but Conte is undoubtedly the bigger legend at Juventus (talking about playing career only).
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 10, 2016 7:00 am

sportsczy wrote:Guys who never saw Zidane play at Real Madrid kill me...  he got the adulation from the Madrid fans and the Bernabeu because he was obviously underachieving and average.  This is true because Madrid fans and the Bernabeu are renown for being understanding and patient with superstars who produce less than expected Laughing

Unbelievable.

This place is getting unbearable.

He wasn't average. I didn't say that. But he didn't reach the expectations he had. Years of being rekt by Barca, not getting past the R16 for years. Everyone expected more. He is obviously a legend and one of the most skillful players we've ever had. His goal against Leverkusen alone gives him that status.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 10, 2016 7:12 am

Zidane didn't under perform. He played as awesome (which he was) as he could possibly be given how terrible the team was set up due to a cancerous transfer policy that almost ruined an historic club. You don't get legendary status at this club due to being average or under performing. Hence why Guti would never be a legend no matter how many tweets he posts.

Maybe I could put Zidane in that 1st tier of legends in the club but at the same time, I feel I rate him just fine. As for the 98 and 2000 UCL wins, 98 was a full team effort after everyone's favourite former Bayern manager Jupp gave up on the team midway through the season (I think he told Sanz he know longer can coach these men or boys, memory is really lacking with this). Anyway, long story short, the more experienced guys basically managed the side all the way to the final where a half fit Mijatovic scored the winner against much superior Juventus.

2000 was also a team effort as midway through the season, another manager got fired, can't remember who and Don Vicente took over. However, Redondo's performances stood out a lot in this one as he really was inspired akin to Di Maria's performances in 2014.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue May 10, 2016 8:19 am

zidane was not under perform. he was not over perform either. he performed in here and there of matches. not as consistent as xavi

in term of consistent aspect, not much different with redondo

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 10, 2016 8:21 am

Can't wait to have the same conversation with Barca fans in 20 years about Iniesta...because anyone underrating Zidane sounds a bit like that tbh.

*NOT trying to get into a Zidane vs Iniesta conversation*
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue May 10, 2016 8:56 am

CBarca wrote:Can't wait to have the same conversation with Barca fans in 20 years about Iniesta...because anyone underrating Zidane sounds a bit like that tbh.

*NOT trying to get into a Zidane vs Iniesta conversation*

iniesta is overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

opssss...........sorry, wrong thread, Very Happy

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 10, 2016 10:17 am

I think this is the first time I've heard that Zidane underperformed. He was great for every team he played for and how highly regarded he is in the Bernabeu should say it all. Some people are best some people are arguing greatest, never gonna agree like that. Like M99 says, Vidal at peak was better than Marchisio, but Marchisio sure as hell is a greater Juve player than Vidal.

Madrid fans know best about their team but I also feel that Cristiano has just scored too many to not be up there. At some point the goals speak for themselves.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 10, 2016 11:45 am

Cristiano is up there with the best. I'd say one notch below Di Stefano, Raul and Bernabeu, probably on the same level with Puskas, Gento, Buitre, Kopa, Iker... Zidane? One notch below that, with the likes of Redondo, Hierro, Chendo, Hugo, Ramos
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue May 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Sports, I believe you are being trolled (or goated). Seems some of the same people that like to take a dig at Chad to get his predicable response are trying same thing with you!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 10, 2016 4:18 pm

wait we're still rating marcelo over carlos and camacho? i know, its opinionated, and we get caught up in the present sometimes, but i'm not sure marcelo has done much in the present to give him such props. he's a skillful wingback, that's about it....can't cross, extremely bad weaker foot, defending is very suspect, can be a bit of a play actor or do dumb things when things aren't going well. even marcelo would get upset at this comparison. carlos in his worst days was still a better lb than marcelo is today. very soon people will also say ramos is a better cb than hierro
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 10, 2016 4:29 pm

titosantill wrote:wait we're still rating marcelo over carlos and camacho? i know, its opinionated, and we get caught up in the present sometimes, but i'm not sure marcelo has done much in the present to give him such props. he's a skillful wingback, that's about it....can't cross, extremely bad weaker foot, defending is very suspect, can be a bit of a play actor or do dumb things when things aren't going well. even marcelo would get upset at this comparison. carlos in his worst days was still a better lb than marcelo is today. very soon people will also say ramos is a better cb than hierro

If Marcelo's defending is suspect what does that make Carlos' ? Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 10, 2016 5:05 pm

A better defender.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue May 10, 2016 5:09 pm

Doc wrote:A better defender.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 10, 2016 5:40 pm

carlos was a better defender. the rhetoric really changed after the socks thing with henry and makaay the next year. and that's what i find funny about football. carlos could mark his man, yes he could get dribbled and would make errors here and there, but he could mark his man, just ask beckham. obviously him being awarded with those uefa defender of the year awards was no fluke either.....and i consider those uefa season awards a lot more reputable than balon d'or, i wonder why they scrapped the whole thing, i always thought it as well balanced. true carlos attacking talents outweigh his defensive, but he wasn't a chump on the defensive end....could mark, could tackle, and was a bit shady at times when need be, i remember a slick (unnoticed) foul on eto'o before the ball got to him that would have been a certain goal. i'm pissed at myself for getting into a carlos vs marcelo debate, as i said, even marcelo will disapprove
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo's seasons scoring 50 goals or more:

2010/11: 53
2011/12: 60
2012/13: 55
2013/14: 51
2014/15: 61
2015/16: 50
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat May 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Hope he show's up in the upcoming CL final for once
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 29, 2016 12:07 am

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 15 13312818_1196510137048202_4531232008498563524_n

Proud Molenation Proud

haters gonna hate
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 32 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 32  Next