McAgger
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
RealGunner
104 posters

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 14 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by titosantill Mon May 09, 2016 4:15 pm

no he doesn't.....the present cannot undo what di stefano did for this club. however, if i'm to make a real madrid starting 11, based on players i've seen, ('seen' being operative), cristiano will feature on the left wing. that's because i didn't see gento, but an all time 11, (Seen or not) whoever wants to go in must get permission from gento, puskas and don alfredo

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 14 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by sportsczy Mon May 09, 2016 4:34 pm

It's hard to compare eras. I would separate the modern era from the period prior. You have Kopa-Gento-Di Stefano-Puskas in the old era. In the modern era, you have Zidane-CR-Sanchez-Raul.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 09, 2016 4:40 pm

Zidane ? Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Berbabeu, Di Stefano and Raul are the untouchables. the rest is debatable.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Di Stefano, in my own opinion, would always be Madrid's greatest player. Without him, Real Madrid would not have been anywhere close to the force they are now.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 09, 2016 5:10 pm

Faubert.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Does Ronaldo go down as the best player in the history of RM?

Top 5 easily
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 09, 2016 6:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Does Ronaldo go down as the best player in the history of RM?

Top 5 easily

Top 5 is possible. If he wins us the CL this year it's debatable. He's certainly higher in this top than Zidane for instance.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon May 09, 2016 6:26 pm

Stefano, Raul, puskas, Zidane, benzema and then Ronaldo should be top 5 imo
In descending order

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 09, 2016 6:45 pm

M99 wrote:Faubert.

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 14 Faubert
La Saeta knew who his true heir was hmm
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 09, 2016 7:15 pm

Lucifer wrote:Stefano, Raul, puskas, Zidane, benzema and then Ronaldo should be top 5 imo
In descending order

inb4 Chad
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 09, 2016 8:11 pm

No love for Drenthe?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon May 09, 2016 9:03 pm

rincon wrote:No love for Drenthe?

You mean this guy? :V

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 09, 2016 11:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Top 5 easily

The thing is that people only consider strikers...  but you have incredible players at other positions who were just as dominant... like Chendo, Camacho, Hierro, Ciriaco, Pirri, etc.

Pirri was insane btw.  He played defense, midfield and even bailed out when we needed a forward... mostly a sweeper though.  However, he scored over 170 goals in 16 years Laughing

Incredible player.

If I had to name a top 5...  Di Stefano, Zidane, Puskas, Gento and Pirri imo.  Also, CR is not a bigger legend than guys like Raul, Juanito, etc.

Club has too much history.  It's one thing to only win 1 La Liga and 1 CL... but you need to have been huge in big games even with the many failures then.  CR has been inconsistent at best in the big games for Real Madrid in his career.  It's not enough. He almost needs to have a defining game in this CL final to win his place among the Madrid elite.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 09, 2016 11:49 pm

Ronaldo will go down in history of Real Madrid as the greatest goal scorer (I believe that was the point he was making) and for that reason he will be called a legend. There will be no debate about difference in eras or quality of opposition, only that he got the most goals.

But that does not make him the best at Madrid. In fact no where close. In my mind I would take the original Ronaldo over him, but when you talk about best 5 or even best 11 (as is currently being done by defensa central), neither Ronaldo would make it.

I would think the only agreement you will get is that DiStefano and Puskas make any list. There are just too many legends over now a 100 years of excellence to have any consensus.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue May 10, 2016 1:36 am

redondo > zidane

he contributed more

he should be in the top 10-5 real madrid player in all time

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 10, 2016 2:11 am

No he didn't... when Flo destroyed the team and we weren't very good, Zidane kept us relevant just because people wanted to watch him. Redondo was excellent but he didn't contribute more.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue May 10, 2016 2:33 am

sportsczy wrote:No he didn't...  when Flo destroyed the team and we weren't very good, Zidane kept us relevant just because people wanted to watch him.  Redondo was excellent but he didn't contribute more.

he lead the real team to 2 cl trophies was not good enough?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 10, 2016 2:46 am

i don't like the idea of top 5, as sportsczy said, people only consider strikers. i usually prefer people doing a best according to line ups, so you choose a formation and make picks for every position. the same thing in nba, i hate when shows and sport programs pick a top 5 and its filled with only guards or scorers. go by position, and in the process, select a team.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue May 10, 2016 2:47 am

titosantill wrote:i don't like the idea of top 5, as sportsczy said, people only consider strikers. i usually prefer people doing a best according to line ups, so you choose a formation and make picks for every position. the same thing in nba, i hate when shows and sport programs pick a top 5 and its filled with only guards or scorers. go by position, and in the process, select a team.

So what's you're Ultimate Madrid XI then?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 10, 2016 2:49 am

btw an 11 of the best madrid players i watched, both zidane and redondo will make my team. they didn't play the same position anyways, zidane as attacking mid, and redondo central
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 10, 2016 3:25 am

@kick, tough question. some positions are definitely no brainers, at least for me. iker in goal, carlos lb, manolo and hierro, panucci at rb (poor salgado, not sure about this one) redondo and makele in the middle of the park, zidane in front of them, cristiano left. confused about right wing michel or figo on the right, (people have forgotten how good michel was cos of his coaching mishaps i think ). confused about cf, either hugo sanchez or raul. if we're going by the best players, ronaldo (the original) will be ahead of them. but i think prime raul would fit the line up better.

iker, manolo, hierro, panucci, carlos, redondo, makelele, cristiano, michel, (settled on michel over figo, i'm still upset at his juve penalty) zidane and raul.....ofcourse manolo as captain
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 10, 2016 3:44 am

guest_07 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:No he didn't...  when Flo destroyed the team and we weren't very good, Zidane kept us relevant just because people wanted to watch him.  Redondo was excellent but he didn't contribute more.
He didn't lead them.  He wasn't the star on the team. Those teams didn't have really huge stars.  We just had a lot of high character guys that willed us in cup competitions.  If anything, guys like Hierro, Chendo, Sanchis and Roberto Carlos were the headline grabbers.  The supposed big stars like Anelka and Suker flopped mostly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue May 10, 2016 3:55 am

sportsczy wrote:
guest_07 wrote:
He didn't lead them.  He wasn't the star on the team. Those teams didn't have really huge stars.  We just had a lot of high character guys that willed us in cup competitions.  If anything, guys like Hierro, Chendo, Sanchis and Roberto Carlos were the headline grabbers.  The supposed big stars like Anelka and Suker flopped mostly.

player like redondo was like a silent warrior

he made zidane look ordinary in the 1998 cl final, but mijatovic got the headline cause of his winner goal

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue May 10, 2016 4:32 am

@guest, he didn't make anybody look ordinary in that final. that final was evenly matched and both teams kept things a little stern on the defensive end. that wasn't even redondo's finest hour at madrid.....i'm hoping you're not bringing this riquelme grudge into this conversation as well. i'm becoming a little more aware of this forum and the patterns of members with regards players they like and who they consider rivals of such players. redondo and zidane never even played the same position/role for such comparison to be brought up
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 am

Top kek tito.

Peeps keep getting strung up by comparisons these days.

I think Zidane and Redondo had equal influence on the team. though I think Zidane was more important.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 32 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 32  Next