Post by Lucifer Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Stas- ronaldo
Legacy- messi hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 2 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by M99 Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:28 pm

Pretty sure Messi is ahead of Ronaldo in stats.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:This is exactly why Cristiano is over-rated..or certainly not underrated like that thread suggested a while back.

Comparing him to Messi Laughing

Taking your statement into consideration, what does this make Iniesta, who was compared to a much superior player in CR a few years ago ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:08 pm

M99 wrote:Pretty sure Messi is ahead of Ronaldo in stats.

100% sure Messi is ahead of Ronaldo in stats.

Because else harmonica would be a Ronaldo fanboy.

That's just logical hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
The Franchise wrote:This is exactly why Cristiano is over-rated..or certainly not underrated like that thread suggested a while back.

Taking your statement into consideration, what does this make Iniesta, who was compared to a much superior player in CR a few years ago ?

comparing a midfield with a forward?
people only ever compare ronaldo and messi together because they are the highest scorers in the game
and the stupid fans who don't really keep up with football or rarely watch think that is all that matters.
messi and iniesta give more to the team than ronaldo.
who is better? i don't know because its hard to compare a midfield with a forward but i know i'd take iniesta's career over ronaldos anyday
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:07 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

How do you compare a player who plays only for the team with someone who only plays for himself? Impossible.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

How do you compare a player who plays only for the team with someone who only plays for himself? Impossible.

Lack of arguments leads to metaphorical response. Classic.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:56 pm

My friend your asking me an incredibly stupid question. Your asking me to explain an argument I never made.

Iniesta at his best, I would take every day of the week instead of Cristiano. Simple as that. He plays for his team, Cristiano doesnt.

If Cristiano only played for himself and that lead to more victories and better football, then I would pick him. But it doesnt, so I dont.

I would never compare the two directly, so I dunno what you want from me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:52 pm

Is Ronaldo better than Iniesta? Just yes or no. Yes or no.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:59 pm

"Better"

What is this?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:09 pm

Are you trying to make the question seem more complicated than it actually is because Ronaldo is better?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:31 pm

The Franchise wrote:How do you compare a player who plays only for the team with someone who only plays for himself? Impossible.
Proud
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:51 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:Are you trying to make the question seem more complicated than it actually is because Ronaldo is better?
Imagine a team with 10 Iniestas or 10 CR7s as field players. Which one would work? And shouldn't that mean that the team player is the better player?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:56 pm

Ronaldo is way better than Iniesta, he also has had a greater carrier than Iniesta, he's been more consistent, he also has shined at two different teams.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Claudio84 wrote:Ronaldo is way better than Iniesta, he also has had a greater carrier than Iniesta, he's been more consistent, he also has shined at two different teams.

So did Iniesta. I'd take Iniesta's career myself. Club legend and World Cup matchwinner
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:03 pm

Ronaldo is a better individual player but Iniesta is a better team player. One elevates the play of those around him, and one demands that those around him be submissive to his play.

If Ronaldo played with a different mentality he could be one of the greatest players ever, and I mean I guess he still is, but he has the talent and physical ability to be viewed at a similar level to Messi. The problem is that is far too selfish and individualistic on the pitch to ever be considered on that level over a long period.

With that said if Ronaldo were less self-serving and driven to be the best possible version of himself (without regard to others) he may not have developed into the incredible player he is today in the first place.

At the end of the day Ronaldo is what he is. Messi is clearly superior and hypotheticals are just that...hypothetical.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:03 pm

rwo power wrote:
DuringTheWar wrote:Are you trying to make the question seem more complicated than it actually is because Ronaldo is better?
Imagine a team with 10 Iniestas or 10 CR7s as field players. Which one would work? And shouldn't that mean that the team player is the better player?

CBs spamming shots
Cms not passing
Fullbacks not tracking ball
At end of match everybody pissed with each other
That team Proud

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Freeza wrote:
Claudio84 wrote:Ronaldo is way better than Iniesta, he also has had a greater carrier than Iniesta, he's been more consistent, he also has shined at two different teams.

So did Iniesta. I'd take Iniesta's career myself. Club legend and World Cup matchwinner

I'd take Ronaldo, he's not at fault that Portugal sucks, i mean you can't compare the quality the Spain had/has with Portugal?, and at club level i think Ronaldo has been more consistent, best player in Manchester United CL campaing and top scorer of the CL when Madrid won it, he also gave a bunch of assists, we can compare Iniesta with Kaka or Zidane.

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:
rwo power wrote:

CBs spamming shots
Cms not passing
Fullbacks not tracking ball
At end of match everybody pissed with each other
That team Proud

Laughing dat squad fallout after one matchday.

Prime Iniesta over Ronaldo everday of the week. One of the best technically gifted and smartest players I have ever seen Iniesta is, Ronaldo only dreams of that level.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Claudio84 wrote:
Freeza wrote:

I'd take Ronaldo, he's not at fault that Portugal sucks, i mean you can't compare the quality the Spain had/has with Portugal?, and at club level i think Ronaldo has been more consistent, best player in Manchester United CL campaing and top scorer of the CL when Madrid won it, he also gave a bunch of assists, we can compare Iniesta with Kaka or Zidane.

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 2 NuqbncU

Fifa #4 team created the chance's to Cronaldo to get them out of group-phase in WC14 and he failed.

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 2 GhD3kry

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 2 CcyTqXQ

Portugal had to carry Cronaldo out of Euro12 group-phase after he failed two 1on1's against Denmark. Then he failed his penalty responsibility by not taking the most important penalty in semi-final. Failed to take any penalty at all. Why? Because he's missed twice in the CL SF and once in CL Final.

Last edited by Harmonica on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:30 pm; edited 6 times in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Dem primadona 11
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:29 pm

Dem primadona 11
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:14 pm

there is no debating who had a better career lol
---Iniesta------------------------Ronaldo
world cup winner -------------no world cup
2x euro winner----------------no euros
7 league titles-----------------4 league titles
4 champions leagues----------2 champions leagues

the argument about whose team is better is pointless in 30 years the trophies will stand people wont remember the teammates but who won more etc.
just like pele seemingly gets credit for his trophies despite having a stacked brazilian team.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Why don't u factor in ronaldos individual trophies. I reckon in 30 years, people will remember who won 3 balon d'ors, the real madrid top scorer in history, CL top scorer in history, la liga records and so on.. His name will always be mentioned all over all la liga and CL competitions for years to come, Nobody will remember wether he won the world cup or euros as he will readily be excused based on his nationality.. Afterall he's won all club titles there is to win..
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:23 pm

retarded logic..
so i guess ronaldo is better than a player like Maldini because he has more individual trophies? or because he only stayed in one league? lol
get out of here, midfielders and defenders have a huge and i mean HUGE disadvantage in individual awards, they'll almost always favor forwards who produce big numbers statistically.

football is a team sport, people will praise and talk highly of world cup winners, multiple champions league winners over a dumb award that half the fans think is a farce anyways.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:34 pm

Lol, and by your logic iniesta will be more remembered than the maldini himself, afterall he's won more titles than maldini or that iniesta will be more remembered than cruyff, R9 and Zico because he won more collective titles? or will torres and villa be more remembered than R9 because they won the CL, had more league titles to go along with the WC? Or that david villa will be remembered more than van basten because he won the world cup and van basten didn't?
Now, weather the award favours forwards or not is irrelevant to the argument because there are midfielders who've won it inspite of GOAT forwards in their time like zidane and figo
and defenders who've been nominated (or won) inspite of other great forwards in their time like canavaro, carlos and maldini himself amongst many others, hell, even keepers like kopke, kahn, and neuer have gotten their recognition too inspite of great forwards playing in their time.. So bringing up such arguments such as collective titles alone without factoring their individual performances is silly at best, moreso when the other player being talked about has won all the trophies there is to win in club football.
Saying that individual awards doesn't hold much weight in terms of ones career over time is downright ignorant to say the least. If u really think iniesta will be more remembered than ronaldo then I also bet gotze, villa, torres and will be remembered more than CR7, RC, baggio and I also guess pique will be more remembered than maldini and guys like platini too.
I haven't seeing or heard of any trully great player who has been referenced based on just his collective titles alone without factoring their individual dominance, but I can show u so many players who are greatly remembered despite them not winning much on the collective front.
When u hear names like zico, baggio, maldini, cruyff, gerd muller and even messi himself, I bet what comes to mind, first is their individual dominance (individual awards), records and capability not their CL wins or world cup wins.
But who knows, to you iniesta might even be more remembered than cruyff himself or perharps even the great R9.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next