Arquitecto
Cruijf
urbaNRoots
Casciavit
RealGunner
86 posters

Page 25 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker - Page 25 Empty Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by Sushi Master Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:11 am

breva wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
breva wrote:Suarez is not really a center forward:

So in your opinion, and in strange (Scottish?) accent guy's opinion, a center forward is a player who statically plays in the area? Like a poacher? Target man? Big ol' 9?

Having off the ball movement, knowing how to dribble and pass somehow eliminates you from the center forward club? And this is like, a single play analysis under a single game. Laughing

Bro, you're gonna have to brainwash me because I've probably done more analysis on Suarez myself than what is stated in that video.

While I respect your opinion, I think a professional's (BBC football analyst and former professional player) opinion carries more weight than yours. That it coincides with mine, is just a happy coincidence.
Very Happy

Well, as I said, "center forward" can be used to describe various roles. I'm guessing your opinion and BBC guys' opinion are on the limited role I described in my post. Fair enough, although I don't know how old you are, but just because he works for BBC does not mean it he automatically knows more than, say, some of the guys on this forum, who are extremely football knowledgeable. But let's agree to disagree.

As for my definition of a center forward, it's quite literal and is more positional than specific role-based, in my opinion: an usually centrally positioned player who's runs are forward/attacking based. So, a lot of players are center forwards, but this does not mean they cannot play somewhere else (say, Sturridge).

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker - Page 25 Empty Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by Sushi Master Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:15 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Yeah whilst nobody can deny up until this point Higuain has a bad rep in finals, at least he's actually in the finals.

There's no guarantee Lewandowski will light up any WC/Euro/CL finals especially with his erratic finishing.

Lewa is a consistently great league/cup/CHAMPION'S LEAGUE finisher.

NT wise, both are null. They have not won anything Laughing.

But considering Lewa at least gets to CL finals and consistently scores in the CL... I actually see it more favored to Lewa here.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:22 am

The BBC does a careful screening of experts in all the areas they cover. I would suspect that BBC analysts in any area are screened the same way, including football. You can have your own definition of a center forward, but it is only your's. A classic center forward, is Gerd Mueller, Gigi Riva, Batistuta, Klose, Nordahl, Drogba etc. Not Suarez.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:23 am

And how many major finals has Lewandowski scored in to prove that he's not a big game choker?

We'll see what Higuain can do at a stacked Juve team now. But using a big final choker argument in favour of Lewa is redundant until he actually finds himself in one of those finals to prove otherwise.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:55 am

I will never ever understand this obsession with higs being a top 3 cf, he is clearly not since he had his chances and failed hard af, more than any top cf out there, why his short comings are always not as bad as players who actually out performed him? Because he is passionate? What does that even mean?

Any other striker not name higs with his crappy cl record wouldn't even be mentioned much less discussed as a top cf, it like all the pre established rules always get bent for him.

he is a great cf just not top whatever let the myth die ffs.

I know for a fact if we switch higs Napoli career with benz right now, higs> for all the reasons that applied to Benz, would make him a lesser player, because these discussions are agenda driven and not actual debate like in the past.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:20 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:And how many major finals has Lewandowski scored in to prove that he's not a big game choker?

We'll see what Higuain can do at a stacked Juve team now. But using a big final choker argument in favour of Lewa is redundant until he actually finds himself in one of those finals to prove otherwise.

Lewandowski with Dortmund against Real Madrid in one tie, has done more than Higuain has in the Champions League

With that being said, it doesn't matter what his record was in the slightest if he gets it done this year for example, or if Juventus does well.

I mean, he can score a bunch of goals and Juventus can fail to win the competition or even make it to the semi finals -> doesn't matter

He can score a handful of definitive goals leading Juventus deep/to a trophy -> better than the first scenario and more significant

These goal scoring records are great and all, but they're really for the Ballon D'or and nothing but. In terms of a team's progression, it's the decisive goals that will win trophies, not stat padding.

I'd rate Lewa over Higuain for sure but Higuain, on form, is definitely a world class #9 and to deny this is living in your own convoluted opinionated blurred bubble.

Top 3, top 4, top 11, who gives a shit Laughing

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:32 am

Higuain is just more talented than Lewandoski. He controls the ball better, he is faster and thinks faster. It doesn't matter what happens in a game with Argentina or Poland respectively.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:58 am

breva wrote:Higuain is just more talented than Lewandoski.  He controls the ball better, he is faster and thinks faster.  It doesn't matter what happens in a game with Argentina or Poland respectively.

I would agree with that assessment 100%. Neither has won a major trophy or scored a decisive goal to win a major trophy, so they are both even in that regard.

Let's see what both do this year on two very stacked teams. I think this year will be decisive for both players and both will have an opportunity to write their history, good or bad.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 pm

No idea why Benz is being brought up here, this here is a thread about Higuain and elite strikers in general.

Now Benzemas sex tape distributing skills are arguably second to none, and his midfield tomfoolery is a cut above the rest. But that is where it ends.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:03 pm

breva wrote:Higuain is far more talented than Lewandoski. There is no comparison.

BS
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:27 pm

breva wrote:Higuain is just more talented than Lewandoski. He controls the ball better, he is faster and thinks faster. It doesn't matter what happens in a game with Argentina or Poland respectively.

This post couldn't be more innacurate
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:46 pm

breva wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Pat Nevin and professional opinion in the same sentence Laughing

Pat Niven is far more knowledgeable about football than a random GL poster.  He actually played in the EPL, has any GL poster played in the EPL?  He is a professional.

I did. I am Yaya Touré tbh, this is why i always hang around the forum these days.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:13 pm

@Heff
prove it. if u were asked to chose between a tight blonde and Cake, what would you prefer?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:16 pm

i'd take a birthday cake over Nasri any day of the year mate
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
breva wrote:Higuain is far more talented than Lewandoski. There is no comparison.

BS

Crap.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:23 pm

Carlo Ancelotti: Higuain is the best striker in the world alongside Suarez and Lewandowski. I did not want him to leave when I was with Real Madrid but there was nothing I could do about it.

Shots fired Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:47 pm

How long before Chad reacts to this? Very Happy
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:49 pm

Way to stick it to Fakenaldo. :bow:
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Benzema sacrificed his career for Ronaldo, it is a shame because instead of doing what Suarez did, which is pushing Messi and extending the way Messi can be relevant, he turned into some introverted scrub. Suarez is playing with Messi scoring 50 goals, Benzema is playing with CR and could barely achieve that.

It's pretty damning for Ancelotti to say that, a pretty violent slap in the face
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:35 pm

Chad is on suicide watch atm.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Yawn nice try group think carlo always plays nice so whatever he is saying is irrelevant.

Secondly higuain is choker and no amount of praise can erase all that choking.

You guys been on suicide watch since benz is now a 2 time cl winner.

Keep pretending the benz hate has nothing to do with chokeguain.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:19 pm

Lmao so quick to rewrite history every time chokeguain ain't missing them clear cut 1v1 in every big game ever rofl

chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:23 pm

LMAO

Ancelotti :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:24 pm

It's rather shots fired towards Uncle Flo than towards Benzema
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Hans no need for logic in a higuain circle jerk, benz hating and "chad" taunting.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:40 pm

chad4401 wrote:Hans no need for logic in a higuain circle jerk, benz hating and "chad" taunting.

Isn't that hypocritical coming from you, who still leads the "Higuain is a choker" circle jerk-- nearly 4 years after Higuain left Real Madrid?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next