Arquitecto
Cruijf
urbaNRoots
Casciavit
RealGunner
86 posters

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker - Page 22 Empty Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by halamadrid2 Sun May 15, 2016 7:54 am

Come home you beast. Imagine how much he'd score now with Bale, Carvajal and Marcelo putting in endless crosses. Best striker in the world no doubt

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker - Page 22 Empty Re: It's time we accept Higuain is an elite striker

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 15, 2016 8:12 am

We offloaded him for Slowzema Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun May 15, 2016 3:53 pm

when people talk about the 30 goal mark, i believe they're looking at the league alone, not all competitions. i don't think cavani hit the 30 goal mark in serie a...he did in all comps added together. as far as technique, that term is very broad. when a player can do certain things, then from my understanding, they're at least alright technically. for me technique isn't based only on first touch. haven't followed pipa since he left madrid, juve is the only team i get to watch in serie a these days, and i don't do that often. but even at madrid, bar his first 2 years i never thought him poor technically. not great, but definitely not poor, nor close to being poor even. his technique was alright/good

he seems to have ended up with a good season for himself, i doubt he'll replicate it again....at napoli, some clubs with aspirations could make a move for him. btw, so napoli get back to ucl after the clown rafa goes.....interesting @BarrileteCosmico, that first goal you posted, the control and volley, was beautiful to watch
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 15, 2016 4:12 pm

His technique is good, he was a complete striker this season, did everything right.

I don't understand how what Higuain is doing must undermine Cavani though. Cavani didn't score 30 in the league but he passed 30 in all competitions 3 times. This is Higuain's first time, the last 2 seasons he was good but not like this. If he stays I think he'll do great again and then we can safely say he was better all around for the club. For some reason people are comparing PSG-Cavani to Napoli-Higuain when the talk is about both at Napoli.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Blanco Madridista Sun May 15, 2016 4:49 pm

rincon wrote:His technique is good, he was a complete striker this season, did everything right.

I don't understand how what Higuain is doing must undermine Cavani though. Cavani didn't score 30 in the league but he passed 30 in all competitions 3 times. This is Higuain's first time, the last 2 seasons he was good but not like this. If he stays I think he'll do great again and then we can safely say he was better all around for the club. For some reason people are comparing PSG-Cavani to Napoli-Higuain when the talk is about both at Napoli.
Higuain has shown tremendous consistency this season, the matter is whether he will keep this up in the following seasons.

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Blanco Madridista Sun May 15, 2016 4:51 pm

Don't call me James wrote:LMAO please stahp Sportz.

Cavani can't even score 20 league goals in UnLigue. He also never cracked the 30 goal barrier in Serie A.

Pipita just set the all time record. :bow:
We haven't seen Cavani play as CF since 3 years ago.

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun May 15, 2016 5:11 pm

This goal was incredible
Spoiler:
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun May 15, 2016 8:09 pm

The downtalking of Madrid fans against Higuaín is incredible rofl

Stick with monkey man, brahs :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun May 15, 2016 8:47 pm

danyjr wrote:The downtalking of Madrid fans against Higuaín is incredible rofl

It's just Sportsczy and chad, our residual DMzema fans.

Pretty sure most Madrid fans are proud of him and would like to see him come back one day.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon May 16, 2016 3:51 am

Pedram wrote:

Pretty sure most Madrid fans are proud of him and would like to see him come back one day.
Not me. Not by a long shot. I do not favor chokers. Not now. Not ever.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 28, 2016 1:14 am

https://streamable.com/g59v

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat May 28, 2016 1:21 am

He just keeps beasting. Hope he stays at Napoli.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 28, 2016 1:29 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
Pedram wrote:

Not me. Not by a long shot. I do not favor chokers. Not now. Not ever.

Actually Pedam, there was one more to add to your list of residual DMzema fans!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 28, 2016 1:31 am

Great goal...  but that defender isn't even a pro for Honduras.  Half those guys are amateur footballers.  They had scoreless draws in the last 2 games against Guatemala and Nicaragua Laughing

I should know...  we played them in the WC.  They were hacks.  Mostly afraid they would injure someone by accident and they almost did tbh.  Concacaf is a bit of a joke.

For you Europeans... that's like playing San Marino or Luxembourg.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 28, 2016 1:33 am

IIRC Costa Rica wrecked half of western europe in the WC so CONCACAF can't be that bad hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 28, 2016 1:40 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:IIRC Costa Rica wrecked half of western europe in the WC so CONCACAF can't be that bad hmm

They actually have players in top leagues in Europe...  and a great keeper in Navas.  Borges plays for Deportivo, Ruiz was with Fulham, Campbell is with Arsenal, Oviedo is with Everton, Gonzalez with Palermo, etc.  Most of the rest of them are in MLS too.

Honduras literally has nobody who plays in any league...  at least that was the case in WC 2014.  Not sure now but i can't imagine it's changed much.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat May 28, 2016 7:44 am

What a goal ffs :bow: the Man is going from strength to strength. Keep it up pipita you deserve every recognition you get
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 28, 2016 8:26 am

What a goal :bow:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 28, 2016 8:38 am

Batigol's heir :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat May 28, 2016 10:32 am

Pipita Proud
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Blanco Madridista Sat May 28, 2016 1:09 pm

Great goal but he needs to keep this up in CA2016.

El Blanco Madridista
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 28, 2016 7:01 pm

Doubt he will with Messi ruining team chemistry
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:02 am

https://streamable.com/8mvi
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:03 am

Elite

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Witty Futty Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:13 pm

Higuain is known to score goals like this, he is a goal poacher. The downside is, that he is awesome at missing key chances in the most important matches.

I think that Juve paid way over the odds for a 29 year old poacher, and I also don't think that he is an elite player!
Witty Futty
Witty Futty
Prospect
Prospect

http://wittyfutty.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:07 pm

How is he not elite ? He's a choker because he loses confidence in the big moments but his career is not over. He can turn it around just like Robben at some point. Clearly a top 10 striker in the world. If he's not elite then there are 3-5 elites strikers at best.

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next