Milantildeath
GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo
Juventino89
Cassius
11 posters

Go down

The Defense Empty The Defense

Post by Cassius Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Being a Juve fan for the past couple of years has been seriously frustrating, watching games week in week out, missing social events and even getting stick off the missus for telling her to sling it because the footballs on only for juve's slim 1-0 lead, win and more importantly precious 3 points to be stolen in the last 10 minuits of a game from a complete defensive lapse of concentration from one(all) of the back line.

It used to wind me up so much. I hated when we'd be 1-0 up because we usually conceded if we couldnt score again. This horrible curse has lasted for 4 years untill last season when we finally brought in decent, not world class, defenders, only to be surprised how great many of them turned out to be and for most of the players theire sparkling form spllied out to the European Championships aswell, such as Barzagli and Lichtstiener and to a lesser extent a reborn Bonucci who has improved tremendously.

Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres, Chiellini, Lichtstiener, Lucio, De Ceglie and Isla (as RWB) but also with the Possibility of signing either Kolorov or Balzaretti too how would this rank in world football for depth and quality?

If we can sign one of Kolorov or Balzaretti i think the defence would be complete (depending on De Ceglie's form and injuries).

Lucio's status in football speaks for itself. I am glad he's only been offered a 2 year contract as he is 34 after all and will more than likely be finished by the time he is 36. also shirt sales lads, being the captain of Brazil isnt just a thing you can get hold of on a whim! must be loads of Brazilians wanting to buy the champions of Itay's jersey with Lucio on the back.. (looking at you Ganso Twisted Evil )

I would rather have Balzaretti at Juventus because he's ex-juventino and how well he played in an italy defence with many Juve players so i think it would be easy for him to settle in especially after such a good euro, getting to the final must have brought all the playes closer together. Although i wouldnt be too upset if Kolorov joined the squad either.

And a bit off topic the same applies to Balo, he could come back to italy too if City can replace him and i feel juve might be a possibility one day.

Your thoughts?
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The Defense Empty Re: The Defense

Post by Juventino89 Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm just so happy our defense is finally as strong as it should be. I would sign Kolarov cause he is only 26 and balzaretti is 30, but I would welcome both of them.

We should never sign balotelli, because our team was so strong last year because their were no superstars. no player thought he was better than an other. everybody was willing to work for eachother. I think balotelli would ruin this special thing in our team. that's why we need somebody like suarez, falcao or cavani. Al 3 of them work hard and don's showoff. If we get van persie or balotelli they would probably think that they''re the best player oft the team and without them the team would be nowhere and that would ruin the team spirit.

ps still hoping for higuain Smile
Juventino89
Juventino89
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Marotta screwed up; Lucio was once a world-class CB, he was burned for pace countless times last season and that will only cause problems if paired with the utterly useless Chiellini. However, a back 3 of Barzagli-Lucio-Caceres has greatness written all over it. Balzaretti would be welcome w/ open arms (Kolarov is garbage)

I think that Marotta needs to give up on G Ramirez and make a 4-5m euro bid for Dzagoev (pending expiring contract) and use the funds towards a CF like Dzeko.

Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:53 pm

GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo wrote:Marotta screwed up; Lucio was once a world-class CB, he was burned for pace countless times last season and that will only cause problems if paired with the utterly useless Chiellini. However, a back 3 of Barzagli-Lucio-Caceres has greatness written all over it. Balzaretti would be welcome w/ open arms (Kolarov is garbage)

I think that Marotta needs to give up on G Ramirez and make a 4-5m euro bid for Dzagoev (pending expiring contract) and use the funds towards a CF like Dzeko.

Finally a Juventus fan that agrees with me about Chiellini
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Milantildeath wrote:
GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo wrote:Marotta screwed up; Lucio was once a world-class CB, he was burned for pace countless times last season and that will only cause problems if paired with the utterly useless Chiellini. However, a back 3 of Barzagli-Lucio-Caceres has greatness written all over it. Balzaretti would be welcome w/ open arms (Kolarov is garbage)

I'd hardly call him a Juventus fan, all he does is bitch about everything hmm

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:54 pm

To answer your first question, our defense already showed where it ranked it last season, as the best in Europe. We have a CB who is arguably the best/2nd best in Serie A and one of the best in Europe (Chiellini), and we have 2 other excellent CBs in Barzagli and Bonucci. And of course, our full-backs are great also.

Milantildeath wrote:

Nah he's just delusional :coffee:
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Milantildeath wrote:

No. It is not a Juventus fan who agrees with you, it is the weed or crack or whatever Giacomela is on 24/7 that agrees with you.
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Nah he's just delusional :coffee:[/quote]

delusional would be you, sir. I'm not gonna continue with the Chiellini topic as it would be pointless; you continue playing mind-games with yourself by believing he's great, i will be realistic

How's this, Chiellini is the reason the earth rotates, the reason sun rises in the morning, and Chiellini is GOD....that's delusion at its finest

Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:46 pm

Giacomela, sir, you really need to take a break from whatever you get yourself high with.

Drug abuse can kill :coffee:

Last edited by Nomad on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nomad
Nomad
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:04 pm

get out cassisu,the only day i would buy a juve jersey would be if Ganso played for you guys
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:11 pm

GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo wrote:Nah he's just delusional :coffee:

delusional would be you, sir. I'm not gonna continue with the Chiellini topic as it would be pointless; you continue playing mind-games with yourself by believing he's great, i will be realistic

How's this, Chiellini is the reason the earth rotates, the reason sun rises in the morning, and Chiellini is GOD....that's delusion at its finest[/quote]

I can assure you, Chiellini's power is much more than that
Dr. Giorgio >>>>>>>>>>>>

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:28 am

GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo wrote:Nah he's just delusional :coffee:

How's this, Chiellini is the reason the earth rotates, the reason sun rises in the morning, and Chiellini is GOD....that's delusion at its finest[/quote]

seriously..have you watched how weak our defense is, when chiellini does not play???
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by vanharouva Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:48 pm

I havent logged in to write here in a looooong time. Now i just had to.. Laughing

I see goallegacy has found another funny characters again. Who is this GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo?

He is hysterical! A good reason to read here when bored.

About Chiellini. He is the only defender the past few years that Juve has been able to rely on 100%.

Always there with a good performace.

Always there a quality tackle.

Always there with his winning mentality.

To be honest, anyone who thinks he is a bad defender probably has not been watching the last few years. Probably a new "fan" created by the new successful Juve?

Oh, one more thing, despite Juves weak performances in the league since Farsopoli, Chiellini has managed to win "Serie A defender of the year" 3 times since 2008.

That should say something about his quality.

Unless you are completely clueless......
vanharouva
vanharouva
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Balzertti plz!

Kolarov isn't better than Ziegler in my opinion, not even at freekicks...
Balzeretti is a class or 2 above both of them...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down