Jay29
MJ
Vlad the Impaler
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
45 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:07 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Manchester City are out there looking to sign Otamendi/De Bruyne

There's no actual reliable sources who say that's true though.

Otamendi signed. de Bruyne next.

Never doubt my sources :coffee:

I'm the new Jeinny Lizarazo, only sexier.

Tbh, Paulista is as good as Otamendi just the price tag makes the headlines.Very Happy

The thing pisses me off is that, we get linked with players for years while others sign the player in matter of hours. rofl
Wenger has been after Benzema since he was in diapers and still nothing. Laughing

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Don't care about Otamendi/de Bruyne.

Point is, City are already in a better position than us and are still adding to their squad to ensure a serious title challenge while we're being half arsed about it having signed 1 of our 3 targets before the transfer window started.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:14 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Don't care about Otamendi/de Bruyne.

Point is, City are already in a better position than us and are still adding to their squad to ensure a serious title challenge while we're being half arsed about it having signed 1 of our 3 targets before the transfer window started.

I know what you mean, and I agree. It has been story of our life's. Always a player or 2 away from winning major trophies and never gamble instead gamble on what we have.
Both Chelsea and City were tittle contenders and their signings makes them even stronger contenders.

I wish the transfer window closed today so we can move on. eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:21 pm

This is the worst transfer window ever
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:41 pm

Almost as bad as that one window where we only signed Vermaelen, or that other window where we signed Squillaci and Chamakh, or that other window we signed Andre Santos, Park Ju-Young and Gervinho.

No signings > crap signings.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Chamakh was decent imo

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:01 pm

RealGunner wrote:Chamakh was decent imo

He scored like 11 goals and Wenger benched him for RIP and never the same. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:29 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:I could be wrong, but wasn't he the guy who said Draxler was pretty much a done dealio a couple of seasons back?

Yes. He's an idiot.

Besides Draxler, I'm not too familiar with his track record. What is it that's gotten him a bad rap?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:01 am

He has never gotten anything right in his life iirc
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:27 am

I still remain my thought since the beginning of the window, two signings, Cech and very late one, and it won't be Benz.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:34 am

Yea agreed.

I hope we just don't take too long.

Wonder if PSG are willing to sell Cavani?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:30 am

no chance.  Ibra is gone next season (last year of his contract) and there are no top CFs to be had...  Motta, who is far less necessary, wanted out and got blocked.  Cavani won't be moved.

Only players that move from PSG are the ones they are ready to part with.  So far, Rabiot, Motta, Silva, Ibra and Verratti all asked out at some point over the last 2 seasons and they were all told no....  not saying it won't happen at some point.  But there will have to be a clear backup option for PSG to allow it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:39 am

If anything, last ditch bids for Illarra or Krycho (because Sevilla can't say no, which would be kind of evil to leave them so unprepared).

It's CM/DM I'm worried about going into the season without reinforcements for. At least up front we can claim to have a number of half useful options should Giroud be out.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:11 pm

At the end of a week in which Manchester City and Chelsea have bolstered their squad, with pressure on Arsenal to buy reinforcements of their own, Arsène Wenger has outlined the “big problem” caused by the imbalanced transfer market. The Arsenal manager believes the number of wealthy clubs far outstrips the amount of sought talent, which leaves gaps that are immensely tricky to fill.

“It is difficult because there’s more money in football, more clubs with big resources, and less players available,” said Wenger. “The funds are there more than the players who could strengthen the squad. That is a big problem. People know that you have the resources and they want you to buy players from clubs who do not need your resources, and who are not necessarily prepared to sell.”

“It is simple. For any deal, when you want to buy something you go to see the owner and if he doesn’t want to sell, he doesn’t want to sell. You cannot buy. In our job it is exactly like that. In Europe you have maybe 15 clubs with a huge financial resource,” Wenger added.

Having only bought in goalkeeper Petr Cech so far this summer while other Premier League rivals have been purchasing more heavily, Wenger maintains the belief that flurries of signings are not necessarily the answer. Arsenal remain on the hunt for the high calibre signings that can make the difference, with a centre forward still high on the agenda.

“I was asked this question two years ago when some clubs bought 10 players and people said, ‘how do you feel, you have no chance now’. What you want is to focus on your own strengths and make sure that you develop your team. The cohesion, the style of play that everybody knows are important qualities.

“We live in a society that is hungry for news and news is good, I can understand that. But you have to absolutely be convinced that it strengthens your team.”

Wenger added that Arsenal are doing all they can to strengthen the squad.

“What is our target every day, every morning from morning to night, we try to be as good as we can in every single department of our club. I expect [a signing] but we are not close,” said Wenger.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/21/arsenal-arsene-wenger-bemoans-transfer-market?CMP=share_btn_tw

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:57 pm

He's kinda right but but didnt say how to rectify that.

1. Less talents mean clubs better prepared to bring war to the market. Be aggressive and pay over the odd, it's inflated market, what u gonna do? Overpay as long as it doesnt reach stupid level. We could have Morgan, Kongdi, Kyro, Lars by now ( excuse my spelling) if he really went out of the way for those target.

Or

2. He really believes those players wont strengthen our squad like he said which is hard to believe for any football fan.

I would not blame him for not signing forward, that's tough one but for number of defensive midfielders already moved this summer and ones still available, and come December, we improvised Ramsey- jack midfield to fill in for Le Coq.

Wengers also stressed multiple times about the importance of pre season so pretty strange he leaves it to last min.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:00 pm

No doubt he is right that there is a lack of options in the market for strikers, he's been banging about this for years but other teams keep signing them :whistle:

I believe this has been the exact same topic last year when Arsenal fans (and Wenger) decided that Diego Costa is not good enough (for £35m :facepalm:) and the year before that Higuain (for £35m :facepalm:). I've predicted this happening and I'm only a fan and not a football manager like Arsene Wenger.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:40 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:No doubt he is right that there is a lack of options in the market for strikers, he's been banging about this for years but other teams keep signing them :whistle:

I believe this has been the exact same topic last year when Arsenal fans (and Wenger) decided that Diego Costa is not good enough (for £35m :facepalm:) and the year before that Higuain (for £35m :facepalm:). I've predicted this happening and I'm only a fan and not a football manager like Arsene Wenger.

We all know Costa's hamstring would have exploded if he played for us.

In all seriousness, and I say this in hindsight, but had we signed Higuain/Costa, I don't think we could have afforded Ozil as well. So while we missed out on that forward, we did get Ozil instead and that's not a bad trade.

I don't believe Costa would have chosen us over Chelsea anyway.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:17 pm

The issues we having now, has been like this for 5 years at least. Wenger does have some valid points, but also a lot of same excuses, typical of Wenger. When the window closes and problems come up, Wenger will come out and say well the window is closed we cant sign anyone now.

We wont win the league with Giroud, and still hoping for a big surprise at the end of the window.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:08 pm

DYING LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/Memz_Dogi/status/634815038482739200
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:43 pm

RealGunner wrote:DYING LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://twitter.com/Memz_Dogi/status/634815038482739200

GOAT. TWEET. LMAO.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:48 pm

Gets better

https://twitter.com/Memz_Dogi/status/634846154505723904

rofl rofl

Even Jeinny herself laughed at it rofl

https://twitter.com/Jeinnylizarazo/status/634819125248946176
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:40 pm

wtf

I finally get my ass out from behind the Great Firewall and this is it?

Wenger out.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Arsene should dare to Zlatan
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:36 pm

Karim Benzema@Benzema
For all those clowns who want to make believe things at my fans. Here this is my home ! #HalaMadridYNadaMas

https://twitter.com/Benzema/status/635844916896264193

rofl

Charlie Austin pls respond
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:40 pm

Lmao, Benzema talking sh** as usual. Unreliable clown. Can't wait to see what Jenny has to say about this.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:43 pm

He called an entire Arsenal fanbase clowns rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next