RealGunner
Tomwin Lannister
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Kaladin
84 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:18 pm

pogfeelings rofl rofl rofl

what an absolute clown

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:18 pm

lmfao

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Hash freaking tag pogfeelings rofl rofl

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Got damn. #PogFeelings would’ve been a great moniker

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:59 pm

‘This is the most average group of players I have ever seen at Manchester United’, blasts Graeme Souness

https://talksport.com/football/412802/graeme-souness-manchester-united-average/
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:01 pm

I'd disagree (unsurprisingly, Souness is one of the biggest numpties in British football punditry) there's no way you can say that when looking at some of the teams Fergie had. No way. That's not to say that a lot of them are bang average. Honestly, our transfer moves in the last few years have been utterly shambolic. We definitely need a switchup in staff.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Even ex footballers simply don't understand how football teams win and get better lol.

Despite how good they were before hand, Guardiola has made the majority of City's players better. Klopp makes Liverpool's players better, Pochettino has done the same for Spurs and i suspect Sarri is going to do the same for Chelsea.

Everyone under Mourinho has regressed, this is not a coincidence. Hell look at Fergies teams, the large majority of players he had were made better by him it was very rare he had a team of superstars.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Mainstream media hasn't yet clocked on that Mourinho is a big part of the problem, just as they took about five years to realise that Wenger was a big problem at Arsenal. Always the the fault of the players and recruitment, never the fault of the coaching or set-up.

It's actually quite funny how many parallels there are. No real shape or identity to how they want to play, several players stagnating or just not improving under his coaching, and looking outdated by other managers... it's practically the same thing we went through for a good couple of years before it all went to shit. If not for Mourinho's superior record in big games I think people would have picked up on this sooner.

They've played Leicester and Brighton and managed just 17 shots in both games. That's not the players' fault. A team with Pogba, Sanchez, Rashford, Lingard, Lukaku etc. should be able to generate more shots than that against average opposition.

imo it comes from poor ball circulation, which is more to do with the structure of the team and their positioning on the pitch than with individuals. For example, it's tough to keep and use the ball well when you're defending on the edge of your own penalty area at home to Leicester to protect a 1-0 lead.

It's not surprising though, since one of Mourinho's core principles is to wait for the opponent to make a mistake rather than force one like a lot of other teams are doing now.

Imagine how the players feel when they're encouraged to not take risks against average teams.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:25 pm

When I hear people say ManU doesn’t have talent, you really have to ask (which I suspect board may be asking), ‘what did they get for all that money spent over the past 5 years?’ Only PSG, City and Barca have spent anywhere close to that combined amount.

What the hell is Mourinho talking about when he makes his players sound like amateurs, scrubs.

After all the purchases under Mourinho and Van Gaal, you really have to ask, is our recruiting so bad or is it the coaches?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:52 pm

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 21 NAYhu7A

8 United players around, but Pogba goes it alone and he attempts to do a fancy dribble to get out of the Brighton high-press Proud Football IQ Proud

Not going to bother with Fred until January. Even though he was a lot worse than Pogba who was the least of the midfield problem for United. Will give Fred time to get accumulated with the pace of the PL. Huge step going from Poverty East European league to Brexit League.

Video (Pic is at 1:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:40 pm

Not an excuse to say Man U doesnt have good enough players or transfers. As many said above, Mou is a big part of it, now the third year, and still blame it on transfers? Pfft. U bought Sanchez, Pogba, Matic, these were all proven, top players, not to mention Lukaku, Martial, countless defenders, etc. in De Gea u got one of the best GKs if not many say the best GK.

Blaming it on players quality or transfers cannot be accepted, its Mou.

Never thought he would do this bad though. Thought he might fail, and he did get them to second, but somehow hes just losing it again, probably becuase he brings so much negativity and drama and it just doesnt suit.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:49 pm

You guys do understand that Manchester United finished second last season, yes, they were a century away from Manchester City who put together the best season in premier league history (or close enough to it)?

So, either their squad is good, or Mourinho is good, or good at getting results rather.

Performance wise, they are easily one of the worst teams I've seen play in my entire life. Squad wise they are much better than everyone is suggesting, but still not better than their second place finish. Nonetheless, you expect them to be a top four team in the most competitive league out there.

In short, the problem is Mourinho, the problem is the players, the problem is Manchester City and Liverpool. The problem is also Manchester United. You cannot play a game like they did on the weekend and look that shit but this is a massive kneejerk reaction for even goallegacy's standards. I think it has to do with Mourinho becoming unhinged. Everyone is preparing for a glorious meltdown of Mourinho proportions and day by day he's becoming that much more delusional.

I'm all for it btw. Mourinho got me in my #pogfeelings

Manchester United Part V/Ole Sack Watch - Page 21 Tenor

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:38 pm

futbol_bill wrote:When I hear people say ManU doesn’t have talent, you really have to ask (which I suspect board may be asking), ‘what did they get for all that money spent over the past 5 years?’ Only PSG, City and Barca have spent anywhere close to that combined amount.

What the hell is Mourinho talking about when he makes his players sound like amateurs, scrubs.

After all the purchases under Mourinho and Van Gaal, you really have to ask, is our recruiting so bad or is it the coaches?
since fergie retired manure have spent £700mil. and thats a real number not me trolling. tbh i didnt know it was that much until i saw gary neville talk about it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:43 pm

something like 650m in half a decade

you just spent 170m this summer

PL teams spend, what else is new

we have been buying decent players just not always what we need but also I'd say half of that money was spent on shite

it's a mixure of poor signings from the board but also Mourinho has to take the majority of the blame because everyone regresses under him and that cant be a coincidence
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:50 pm

Firenze wrote:something like 650m in half a decade

you just spent 170m this summer

PL teams spend, what else is new

we have been buying decent players just not always what we need but also I'd say half of that money was spent on shite

it's a mixure of poor signings from the board but also Mourinho has to take the majority of the blame because everyone regresses under him and that cant be a coincidence
klopp net spend £121.9m. mourinho net spend £307.25m.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:52 pm

ah so now we're shifting to net spend eh

forgot about that coutinho money, if only we were a selling club, I'd love to win the net spend trophy Sad
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:55 pm

Firenze wrote:ah so now we're shifting to net spend eh

forgot about that coutinho money, if only we were a selling club, I'd love to win the net spend trophy Sad

You did sell when you actually had quality players, to be fair. De Gea was halfway out the door when fax machine happened. Pogba woke up this morning and realised that he has Barca DNA.

Last edited by Thimmy on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:56 pm

that is kind of my point. man u have not lost any major players its mostly incomings. so it seems like the more players you buy the worst you get. for years liverpool have been taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back but still managed to end up with a better team than man u.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:01 pm

well last season was our highest league finish post Ferguson so I imagine it's actually quite the opposite of the more we spend the worse we get hmm

and since we also finished above you last season and were unbeaten against you in the league..well

I kinda don't think you have a point
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:04 pm

the story is not really about net spend. We need to sell to buy. That is what it means. We are still catching up with other teams in EPL in terms of earnings without selling key players.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:10 pm

Helmer wrote:

the story is not really about net spend. We need to sell to buy. That is what it means. We are still catching up with other teams in EPL in terms of earnings without selling key players.
this
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:37 pm

The good old days

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:48 pm

That was around the time they slowly started to decline i think

Atleast their European decline started with getting dumped out by Basel in the group stages
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:50 pm

man's talking about this is the worst United team they've ever seen and you have Fergie starting Tom Cleverley and making him look like Iniesta :facepalm:

OUT

Had Darron *bleep* Gibson scoring screamers against Bayern in the CL knockouts and want to talk about this being the worst collection of United players ever

90% on Mou
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:00 pm

Tbf SAF is one of a kind.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:04 pm

he is but like Jay said the Media are taking far too long, the mainstream media that is, in calling Mou to account for things
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next