Robespierre
RED
El Gunner
Glory
Kick
60 posters

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down

Barclays Premier League 15-16 Discussion-v1 - Page 23 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 15-16 Discussion-v1

Post by RED Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:42 pm

City are such an overrated team. Old team with a sub par defense and crap midfield. Aguero and Silva, that's it. Maybe Sterling will turn out to be great for them too.

They will be battling for 3rd/4th with United.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Barclays Premier League 15-16 Discussion-v1 - Page 23 Empty Re: Barclays Premier League 15-16 Discussion-v1

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:44 pm

Helmer wrote:Jokes apart, if Arsenal make Walcott as their starting striker , they will win the league imo.

I thought jokes apart
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:51 pm

RED wrote:City are such an overrated team. Old team with a sub par defense and crap midfield. Aguero and Silva, that's it. Maybe Sterling will turn out to be great for them too.

They are underrated if anything, they have finish 1st or 2nd for like 4 straight years and nobody gives them a chance Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:53 pm

Chelsea will be fine as long as we can keep both Hazard and Cesc fit. It's the Champions League we have no chance in. We still need 3 new starters (LB, CB & RW) and a really good depth option in CM for big away games when Mourinho inevitably parks the bus. A player like Witsel would be ideal considering his versatility & the tactical flexibility he would give the team.

In the Premier League there are no teams on the level of Madrid, Barca, Bayern & arguably even PSG. I would definitely be worried about Arsenal if they miraculously sign Benzema or City if they complete the KDB deal otherwise, Hazard & Mourinho should walk the League again.

I mean apart from Liverpool who else has significantly improved this window with their signings? City have still only signed Sterling, Arsenal only brought in Cech & United lost their best player.

Last edited by Gil on Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RED wrote:City are such an overrated team. Old team with a sub par defense and crap midfield. Aguero and Silva, that's it. Maybe Sterling will turn out to be great for them too.

They are underrated if anything, they have finish 1st or 2nd for like 4 straight years and nobody gives them a chance Laughing

Sterling was a very good signing but they have a worse squad this season, Kompany continues to look like complete shit & Yaya Toure is another year older.

They still need 3/4 new signings imo.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:04 pm

Yaya's age is overstated IMO, also he was nowhere near as bad as people made out last year not to mention they were *bleep* awful without him.

Agree on Kompany but meh, they have won league titles like that so i don't consider it an issue. If they signed 3 or 4 quality players they would walk it IMO.

As of right now i think they can win it if players are available for more than 30 games like Aguero, quite frankly i don't think any of the contenders are really far removed from the other.

Last year was an anomaly because Arsenal didn't do shit until the new year and City didn't either really. It might still end up being lifted by Terry in May but i'm pretty confident in saying it won't be anything like last year where Costa took the second half of the year off Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:06 pm

If Aguero stays fit for any decent period of time then City will be up there challenging as usual. Even with a dubious backline their scoring potential will see them beat most teams.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:16 pm

Well, City will need Silva, Aguero and Toure to stay fit. Toure is coming off his first summer off in years, and Aguero is always a question mark. I think Silva will be fine. Adding Sterling to the rotation will help take some offensive pressure off the others though. Mangala can't really be as bad as he was last year either.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Curtinho's optimism isn't limited to Liverpool :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Chelsea-City ......Arsenal. the season's long and with injuries you never know but imo here is the top 3. title between Chelsea and city.

Arsenal : they have all the tools to succeed but having Coquelin as the only real quality DM for a whole season might be a mistake. They are the main outsider.

Chelsea : A real challenge for Mourinho here. Let's see how he'll use Cuadrado and Falcao. Favoourites imo.

City : Sterling is a great addition. They were 2nd last season in spite of all their '' problems '' .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Gil wrote:
I mean apart from Liverpool who else has significantly improved this window with their signings?

Very arguable, Depends how BR ends up using these players.

Clyne is an upgrade.
Firmino is Sterling's level or maybe lower until he gets used to the PL.
Benteke is a gamble. Balotelli, Lambert, Carroll all failed to settle in Liverpool's fast paced football. Ings meh
Bogdan is irrelevant.
Gomez might put in a few good shifts. He's only 18.
Milner is better than 31+ Gerrard outfield but he's not Gerrard.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:35 pm

Is it just me or have these same arguments been going around indefinitely, while the market is stagnant?

I am bored of reading the same things - maybe we should just wait for the season proper to kick off, or the next sensational transfer, or both, before we start this discussion all over again. Rolling Eyes

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:38 pm

I'm with Gil. I think Liverpool have significantly improved.

I'm on board with Benteke fitting in well. Even if he's not going to be scoring a lot himself, which I think he will, he will create a lot of space for guys like Firmino, Ibe, Lallana, Coutinho, Milner and Henderson to penetrate the box and score as well. Our set-pieces will undoubtedly be better. Clyne and Milner will come as a massive upgrade to what Johnson/Manquillo and Gerrard (Sad) provided last season. If Firmino can carry over what he was doing in the BuLi he won't just be better than Sterling (especially an unmotivated, sulking Sterling) he'll probably be our best player.

Again there's room for this not to work out, but I think that the right areas have been addressed for Rodgers and Liverpool to have success this season. I think top 4 is a very realistic goal.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:41 pm

Is it just me or have these same arguments been going around indefinitely, while the market is stagnant?

I am bored of reading the same things - maybe we should just wait for the season proper to kick off, or the next sensational transfer, or both, before we start this discussion all over again.

Circular discussions are a staple of every forum, though hmm

Anyway, now's the time to get all our optimistic predictions in before cruel reality sets in in a couple of months time.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:43 pm

srigooner wrote:Is it just me or have these same arguments been going around indefinitely, while the market is stagnant?

I am bored of reading the same things - maybe we should just wait for the season proper to kick off, or the next sensational transfer, or both, before we start this discussion all over again. Rolling Eyes

I got bored of it ages ago, which is why i have been responding with very short and sarcastic responses Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:44 pm

For the last 5 years I've seen very good Bundesliga players not making it in the PL so expecting firmino to be your best player for all the season might be a little too much imo.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:46 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

I am bored of reading the same things - maybe we should just wait for the season proper to kick off, or the next sensational transfer, or both, before we start this discussion all over again.

Anyway, now's the time to get all our optimistic predictions in before cruel reality sets in in a couple of months time.

Even i'm optimistic atm Laughing Although that will probably change when the team news of the first game drops hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:52 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Even i'm optimistic atm Laughing Although that will probably change when the team news of the first game drops hmm

#MolecastleTop4

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:54 pm

srigooner wrote:Is it just me or have these same arguments been going around indefinitely, while the market is stagnant?

I got bored of it ages ago, which is why i have been responding with very short and sarcastic responses Laughing

So you still have faith in this lot yet? That they will rise to your jabs and sarcasm and respond with intellectually stimulating debates and discussiongs? hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:54 pm

I'm happy if i see a gradual improvement in how we play through out the year and development of individual players.

Position in the table is a complete and utter after thought to me.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:54 pm

LeBéninois wrote:For the last 5 years I've seen very good Bundesliga players not making it in the PL so expecting firmino to be your best player for all the season might be a little too much imo.

Like I said 'if he can carry over his form'. I'm not expecting it; moreso I'm hoping for it. Still, even without that the team has improved and Firmino will certainly have an impact if his first run out with Swindon was any indication (opposition aside).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Surprised how many ppl put off United (justly so), though i think they can surprise ppl provided they get their defender+forward
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:58 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Surprised how many ppl put off United (justly so), though i think they can surprise ppl provided they get their defender+forward

Maybe but they won't . There is no great defender/forward available now.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:55 pm

Well there is Harry Kane, which I think could be a good signing for United. As for a defender. I have no idea.

On the City debate, I am more on the side that they have a shit team mostly. You can really only talk about 3/4 players there that are true class, but seeing them constantly in the top 2 in the last 4 years as Mole mentioned, quite frankly says a lot more about the English game/PL than anything else.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:58 pm

El Gunner wrote:Well there is Harry Kane, which I think could be a good signing for United. As for a defender. I have no idea.

On the City debate, I am more on the side that they have a shit team mostly. You can really only talk about 3/4 players there that are true class, but seeing them constantly in the top 2 in the last 4 years as Mole mentioned, quite frankly says a lot more about the English game/PL than anything else.

So shit that you still couldn't finish above them Laughing

Gonna be funny when they finish above Arsenal and Yanited AGAIN.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:00 pm

There's Lacazette if there ready to pay up 60 mil

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 42  Next