Twoism
McAgger
Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Doubt we are selling Monreal. Not when had such an amazing season

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:58 pm

"club x is monitoring star y" is my favourite kind of transfer rumour rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Mach Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:23 pm

What's with the stupid linkups with LB's?It's not like Monreal is as old as Freidel.I thought Marca were starting this tosh as they do every week to link Spanish clubs to Nacho.

They need to understand Nacho managed to bench Gibbs this season which has been his best season in an Arsenal shirt.Why would AW want to fix something that ain't broken?

AW is already busy trying to get free agent Lassana Diara as a backup to Coq.
T-Mach
T-Mach
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:48 pm

Why on earth would Bayern ever dream of selling Alaba lol. Not happening.

And if he were available, I don't really care what kind of season Monreal had, David Alaba is miles and miles ahead of him and Gibbs and incredibly versatile. Also brb Arsenal fan.

Schneiderlin is frustrating because if we're not bringing anyone else in you have to wonder what Wenger's thought process is and why Flamini is part of it.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:03 pm

Alaba? rofl

Monreal did enough to guarantee his place in the starting line up. All I want is a DM and striker, prefer a striker though.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by T-Mach Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:26 pm

The problem isn't about Alaba being better to Monreal or not.We all know he is.

The problem is that why would AW spend around 30 mio on a player whose position is already filled by two solid players(one of which has had his best season),instead of looking for Coq's replacement.

BTW,I believe AW stacks only AM's even when they can themselves form a team and for other positions we'll always remain short or just about there.

We had Armand Traore playing LB for Arsenal.
T-Mach
T-Mach
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:32 pm

if/when we sign Alaba, it will be for CM imo

------------------Cech------------------------
Bellerin------Mertesacker---Koscielny----Monreal
------------Alaba----------Ramsey-----------
Walcott------------Ozil------------------Sanchez
-----------------------Giroud-------------------

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:11 pm

Carl Jenkinson has signed a new five (!) year contract with us and will go on loan to West Ham next season, according to John Cross.

The length of that deal suggests he's still very much in Wenger's thinking.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:39 pm

I think one of Benzema or Lacazette will come.
Having Alaba in the team would be a dream , but lets be real, it aint happening.

A backup DM , and a big money striker is all we need to take on the league.

Coquelin can and will hold his own for the whole season.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:01 pm

RealGunner wrote:if/when we sign Alaba, it will be for CM imo

------------------Cech------------------------
Bellerin------Mertesacker---Koscielny----Monreal
------------Alaba----------Ramsey-----------
Walcott------------Ozil------------------Sanchez
-----------------------Giroud-------------------

I laugh everytime Proud
brb gotta do this line-up to put things into perspective and show off my tactical intelligence
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:06 pm

Interesting Sport Witness piece on our supposed interest in 17 year Brazillian DeeEM Renan:

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manager-confirms-arsenal-on-right-track-to-sign-his-young-star

Sounds like another potential work permit nightmare. Five years later when the kid is bossing midfields for Madrid or something, Wenger will say he could have had him at 17.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:27 pm

TBH the work permit regulations for England are horrible!
Crushed my dreams of becoming a pro footballer Sad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:36 pm

With yanited strengthing what is arsrenal doing ? 2014 was the excuse date give by Wenger and other arsenal fans for the stadium loan issue . Arsenal still haven't won the league for 10 years .

With this same squad arsenal is not going to win anything.They must buy

sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 pm

United signing two good midfielders and a young winger isn't enough to instill any fear or worry.

Arsenal are waiting for a few dominoes to fall into place, in all likelihood. They're searching a shallow market for a couple of players that will really improve the team.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:48 pm

Wouldn't be against selling Debuchy and have Jenko as his replacement.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Our favorite Spanish EyeTK Kike Marin says: "@Arsenal Wenger has spoken with Benzema and #Arsenal will try to sign him if Karim doesn´t play with Rafa Benítez... "
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:02 pm

Some quotes from Wenger while on tour:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11735904/Arsenal-news-Mesut-Ozil-not-for-sale-says-Arsene-Wenger.html

Says that Ozil is going nowhere (as if there was any doubt) and that they weren't seriously after Sterling because we've already got a crap-ton of wide attackers.

Also referred to Schneiderlin as a "top class" player yet still didn't sign him. Oh well.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:27 pm

Bayern to sign Bellerin before Arsenal sign Alaba - 1 month avatar
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:31 pm

Wenger even called Clattermole top class once. He doesn't like to disrespect players

In reality

"Schneiderlin? He is ok at best. RG told me how he is ineffective on fifa so I stopped by pursuit"

MJ wrote:Our favorite Spanish EyeTK Kike Marin says: "@Arsenal Wenger has spoken with Benzema and #Arsenal will try to sign him if Karim doesn´t play with Rafa Benítez... "

Kike needs to retire

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:35 pm

If Arsenal sign Benzema...

I will pay a season ticket and travel every possible weekend from Zürich to London to watch the new Invisbles.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:59 pm

If Arsenal sign Benzema I will buy everyone here a doner kebab from my own personal kebab master.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:00 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Carl Jenkinson has signed a new five (!) year contract with us and will go on loan to West Ham next season, according to John Cross.

The length of that deal suggests he's still very much in Wenger's thinking.

I can't possibly be the opnly one who is happy to see this. Well done, Jenko - come back soon and step it up son!

Highburied wrote:If Arsenal sign Benzema...

I will pay a season ticket and travel every possible weekend from Zürich to London to watch the new Invisbles.

I shall join you at Zürich for said trips. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:45 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:If Arsenal sign Benzema I will buy everyone here a doner kebab from my own personal kebab master.
 The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 31 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdJSxm00_1yKynlv3LWp4G4NZYZhIGsApM3v20lk31Mh0Do7CbsbPElp9R
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:48 am

Read that fine? Arsenal is not planning on buying a striker but reinforcing midfield and defence?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:33 am

We have a pretty settled squad with resonable quality in each position. The list of players who would realistically push us further is quite small. Since we aren't in the habit of blowing up silly money on players who aren't otherwise available (i.e. on the market), we would just wait for the right opportunities.

Spoiler:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:44 am

Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next