Twoism
McAgger
Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by silver Thu May 14, 2015 8:06 am

He got subbed because he just returned from injury. No other reason.

silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Thu May 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Twoism wrote:So with the Benz sub today, should I say we have our little chance or the Frenchman ?

pls
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu May 14, 2015 9:09 pm

Wonder if some PL clubs would pay good money for Szczensy
10-12M would be nice
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 14, 2015 9:16 pm

He will haunt us for the rest of our lives lmao

Hope he goes to Germany.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu May 14, 2015 9:19 pm

Hope he goes to Madrid :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri May 15, 2015 11:21 am

Wenger being typically evasive about Cech rumours:

Asked if he might splash the cash on the four-time Premier League winner, Wenger said:

“I don’t deal with the ‘if’. We have world-class goalkeepers, we’ve got three [Ospina, Szczesny & Martinez].

Asked if he’d sell Cech if he were Mourinho, the boss continued: “That’s a very tricky question because we are not interested in anybody at the moment.”

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/05/wenger-ch-cech-is-out/

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sat May 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Chumlum wrote:Plus Milner can play on the flank.

I don't understand what the vitriol is against a player like him. It's one thing to say "not what we need, no thanks imo." It's another to go on like he's crap or something. Versatile workhorses who can put in many years in a top team aren't exactly a dime a dozen. Park, Kuyt ... it's good to have a player or two like that in the squad.

I agree, Khedira is comparable in that he'd be an experienced, high-wage free agent who isn't quite "what we need." But I don't think that Khedira would be an overwhelmingly better choice.

Are we really going to build a team to challenge for the EPL or CL out of top 4 rejects. If they are so good why are they free agents.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat May 16, 2015 8:43 pm

6unner wrote:

I don't understand what the vitriol is against a player like him. It's one thing to say "not what we need, no thanks imo." It's another to go on like he's crap or something. Versatile workhorses who can put in many years in a top team aren't exactly a dime a dozen. Park, Kuyt ... it's good to have a player or two like that in the squad.

I agree, Khedira is comparable in that he'd be an experienced, high-wage free agent who isn't quite "what we need." But I don't think that Khedira would be an overwhelmingly better choice.

Are we really going to build a team to challenge for the EPL or CL out of top 4 rejects. If they are so good why are they free agents.

Milner isn't a reject. Man City want to keep him. Reports indicate Milner wants a bigger squad role, and knows that another decent club will take him if he just walks away on a free.

As for the "free agents" thing ... trolling a little? hmm

Spoiler:
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Sat May 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Millner is over-rated
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun May 17, 2015 12:39 am

6unner wrote:

How could you even say that a player can't be worth signing if they're available for free? lol

Sol Campbell to Arsenal, Cambiasso to Inter, McManaman to Real, Klose to Lazio, Ballack to Chelsea, Roberto Baggio etc.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Sun May 17, 2015 8:45 am

MJ wrote:
6unner wrote:

How could you even say that a player can't be worth signing if they're available for free? lol

Sol Campbell to Arsenal, Cambiasso to Inter, McManaman to Real, Klose to Lazio, Ballack to Chelsea, Roberto Baggio etc.

Milner is not in the class of players that you listed, and the point wold be that it seems lazy on Arse's part to just get Milner cause he is free, not to mention the lack of trying to win the title next year with lackluster signings. This move just feels like a pre-Ozil transfer in that it literally does nothing beneficial for the club.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sun May 17, 2015 12:18 pm

It doesn't matter if Milner is in the same class or not, the point was simply that free players can be worthwhile signings.

Nobody is even saying Milner is some world-class superstar.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Sun May 17, 2015 6:56 pm

Chumlum wrote:
6unner wrote:

Milner isn't a reject. Man City want to keep him. Reports indicate Milner wants a bigger squad role, and knows that another decent club will take him if he just walks away on a free.

As for the "free agents" thing ... trolling a little? hmm

Spoiler:

The 2 sentences that I wrote were meant to be read as a single thought. Not separate statements and independent of each other.
I would like to think that I may be missing something but out of all those players that you mentioned which one could not longer cut it for their top 4 team as anything other than an occasional sub and was being pushed farther down the bench?

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon May 18, 2015 11:13 am

My only issue with Milner is he is clearly leaving City because he doesn't get enough game time. Do we really want him playing for us more than he is currently playing for City now? We already barely play Rosicky, Arteta, Flamini. If Milner comes in to replace them, and taking their playing time, he'd still be playing less than he would be at City.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon May 18, 2015 11:29 am

why the *bleep* are we still talking about milner? everyone just stfu about him and move on to another rumour pls, wenger isnt getting him, end of.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 18, 2015 10:10 pm

Hate to re-open a can of worms, but:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32789389

How much would you guys be willing to spend on Sterling?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 18, 2015 10:43 pm

£30M Max

===============

Arsenal seal deal for Yassin Fortune, according to France Football

Arsenal have won the race to sign RC Lens’s 16 year old midfielder Yassin Fortune, according to France Football.

RC Lens will receive an indemnity as the player has yet to sign a professional contract, which is expected to be around €1.2m.

Manchester United were also very interested in the U16 French youth international, who has agreed to join Arsenal on a three year contract.

http://t.co/JrZfByjMj7
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 18, 2015 11:07 pm

We don't need him :coffee:

I kid, I kid. Somewhere in between £30m-40m seems reasonable enough since he'd likely be our only signing in attack.

That kind of money should be spent on a striker instead though but if Wenger is happy with his options, then a winger to replace Walcott seems like a good trade. However, we have to look at what other wingers might be available: the Reus', Götze's would certainly be better options than Sterling.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 18, 2015 11:53 pm

We don't really need him.

But £25-£30m

If he wasn't english his price would be £20-£30m.

Can see him go to City. They need english players and wingers.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 18, 2015 11:57 pm

Has no one picked up on the fact he's shite as a winger? Success for both club and country behind the striker.

Although City would suit him as they don't really use wingers in a traditional sense.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 19, 2015 9:41 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Hate to re-open a can of worms, but:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32789389

How much would you guys be willing to spend on Sterling?

If we convince Walcott to sign da ting? Not a ting.

In other news, Czech press (Daily Sport) quote Petr Cech's agent as saying: "Arsenal, United or PSG are all top clubs. And Petr would like to join one of them - definitely."

While Jose Mourinho admits his transfer is 'out of his hands'.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 19, 2015 12:54 pm

Wenger very coy on Raheem Sterling questions, says our transfer period begins after the FA Cup and wouldn't be drawn into saying absolute because he 'does not like to lie.'

Meanwhile, he says '29 is not too old' when asked about Milner.

So seems like we have at least enough interest in them for Wenger not to rule either out.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 19, 2015 1:55 pm

#TransferMarketBingo

Come on, now. That was easy.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 19, 2015 3:56 pm

MJ wrote:Wenger very coy on Raheem Sterling questions, says our transfer period begins after the FA Cup and wouldn't be drawn into saying absolute because he 'does not like to lie.'

Meanwhile, he says '29 is not too old' when asked about Milner.

So seems like we have at least enough interest in them for Wenger not to rule either out.

He also said that we have enough players in the position he wants to play so can we please stop talking about signing this overpaid/average footballer?

I would rather give Rosicky +£135k/week, who is twice the player Milner is even now, atleast he'd deserve it for his longetivity.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue May 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Here is the thing with Sterling that makes me feel a bit uneasy. Should we take him on, whats to say he will not pull this shi* on us? You have to ask yourself whether OX, Ramsey, Gibbs or Wilshere would have done to us what Sterling is doing to Liverpool.

We have been through what Liverpool is dealing with right now and I really do feel sorry for them. They should just get rid of him and extort teams for as much as they can.

NOW ON THE FLIP SIDE .... We get Sterling as an investment property... make the most out of his services for few years and sell him for more than what we initially paid (when he inevitably moves out for a bigger pay check).
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue May 19, 2015 6:47 pm

If the development of Gnabry was at a better stage at the moment I would absolutely say no to Sterling, but Serge hasn't come through yet like I hoped he would, and I personally am a fan of Sterling, lol, the guy is only 20 and he has basically played half-hearted for Liverpool this season and arguably has been their best/go to player after Henderson and Coutinho.

If we can get him in a good place and let him focus on his football, and PROTECT HIM FROM THE MEDIA Very Happy I think we can get a good few years out of him if he does happen to have this BS again with us.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next