Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

+51
Thimmy
terrance511
jibers
Lord Hades
mr-r34
Kick
Myesyats
Pedram
nasir6371
breva
Viru
M99
titosantill
Based Bonera
RealGunner
Unique
windkick
BarrileteCosmico
B-Mac
sportsczy
Lord Spencer
Nivash
chad4401
Helmer
FilthyLuca
Harmonica
fatman123
Art Morte
The Demon of Carthage
free_cat
Nishankly
Red Alert
futbol
Hapless_Hans
missjb
Freeza
The Franchise
McAgger
Pseudo
Kaladin
Mr Nick09
Onyx
Lex
Donuts
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
Robespierre
DeletedUser#1
RED
Valkyrja
S
55 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by chad4401 Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:16 pm

if that the line up the team is going with, we ain't winning  crap next season

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4620
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:18 pm

We won crap last season with benzema n9 whats the difference?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by futbol Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:19 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Fuss those are wild speculations, i would not trust him for that, but i would welcome him trying


Dunno. Maybe. Probably. But tbh it appears to me uncle Flo sacked Carlo mainly because he couldn't get the best out of Bale. A lot of talk about Benitez promising Flo to make Bale the "main man" lately from Madrid sources.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11254
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by chad4401 Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:20 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:We won crap last season with benzema n9 whats the difference?


yeah keep pretending benzema is the issue
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4620
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by terrance511 Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:22 pm

well, he's our manager now. and he will have my support from now on.

it's not fair to give him the 'inferior replacement' tag right now.

it's kind of exciting to see what he will do actually.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1299
Join date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by windkick Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:mourinho wasnt sacked because he played badly, what are you talking about?

as if we dont sit deep and counter already vs barca.... not even mou was parking the bus in his last games vs barca

are you guys for reals? inventing arguments as it suits you?


Did I say he got sacked? I was insinuating your peeps/board hated his counter/defensive style first because everything at your club has to be "royal/attacking/exciting". You asked why Unai would be better, and I answered why you

Good luck at the Camp Nou, can't wait for the fat waiter to play us.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6251
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by chad4401 Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:24 pm

windkick wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:mourinho wasnt sacked because he played badly, what are you talking about?

as if we dont sit deep and counter already vs barca.... not even mou was parking the bus in his last games vs barca

are you guys for reals? inventing arguments as it suits you?


Did I say he got sacked? I was insinuating your peeps/board hated his counter/defensive style first because everything at your club has to be "royal/attacking/exciting". You asked why Unai would be better, and I answered why you

Good luck at the Camp Nou, can't wait for the fat waiter to play us.  


smh get off your high horse already, you barely beat us when the team was struggling rafa or not, the gap between the teams are small
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4620
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:24 pm

Fußball wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Fuss those are wild speculations, i would not trust him for that, but i would welcome him trying


Dunno. Maybe. Probably. But tbh it appears to me uncle Flo sacked Carlo mainly because he couldn't get the best out of Bale. A lot of talk about Benitez promising Flo to make Bale the "main man" lately from Madrid sources.
those were english sources saying bale would be the centerpiece,not madrid ones.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:26 pm

chad4401 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:We won crap last season with benzema n9 whats the difference?


yeah keep pretending benzema is the issue
i did not say that but him playing number 9 doesnt guarantee us winning more than anything else. Hey maybe scoring more in la liga wouldnhelp but what do i know
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by Thimmy Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:28 pm

jibers wrote:@Nick you're wasting your energy. People are making it seem like Rafa is some scrub coach. Ancelotti made exactly the same mistake he has made all his career and flopped another league title. The man was about to be fired before Ramos saved him now people are acting like he is coach of the century. Give me a break.



I think most people who watch RM play regularly are aware of Ancelotti's flaws. I, for one, would like for the club to actually keep their coach over an extended period of time, though. I can't remember the last time we had some stability in the managerial role. It definitely doesn't hurt that Ancelotti is a classy manager and I like to think that, despite his obvious and increasingly predictable flaws and insistence on not rotating/resting players, he is more capable than most other coaches out there. I dream of the day when Flo is no longer the president of Real Madrid. I imagine the sensation of seeing him leave will feel as satisfying as getting rid of testicle cancer, without actually losing any testicles.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13228
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:29 pm

we'll have to wait till late in the summer to know what the line up will be and who will or won't be in benitez' plans. most coaches have a general idea of what they want to do, but transfers tend to change all that. i doubt any media personnel knows what rafa's plans will be for the season, considering he hasn't even run a training session with the team just yet. when we make signings, he runs a few drills, and plays some friendlies we will have an idea on what the team would look like. its best to be patient; media personnel just want to sell papers or get hits online, its normal that they make inferences based on rafa's previous work, or squeeze out a general statement from him, which is bound to change as the season starts or progresses.

besides the de gea deal and return of casemiro, i think the copa america would have ended first before we get an idea of what rafa's team and transfer dealings would look like.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by chad4401 Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:32 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
chad4401 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:We won crap last season with benzema n9 whats the difference?


yeah keep pretending benzema is the issue
i did not say that but him playing number 9 doesnt guarantee us winning more than anything else. Hey maybe scoring more in la liga wouldnhelp but what do i know


you know cr sucks as a 9, building the team around bale is clearly a mistake, and i guarantee if we sell benz now, he will need to be replaced by january when cr goals go down and he wants to go back to the left

benzema would score more just like anybody else, if he gets to take more shots, than helping cr to win more solo trophies
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4620
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:35 pm

@thimmy, be careful what you wish for....we wanted flo out back in 2006, it seemed like the grass was greener when calderon came in....but the dude constituted to being a nuisance and an embarrassment in that position...and mind you, it wasn't like calderon was a dummy btw, he's a reasonably reputable lawyer, who has lectured at harvard, but even with those, he still did a lot of dumb stuff and we lacked clout in the transfer marker
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by futbol Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:39 pm

titosantill wrote:we'll have to wait till late in the summer to know what the line up will be and who will or won't be in benitez' plans. most coaches have a general idea of what they want to do, but transfers tend to change all that. i doubt any media personnel knows what rafa's plans will be for the season, considering he hasn't even run a training session with the team just yet. when we make signings, he runs a few drills, and plays some friendlies we will have an idea on what the team would look like. its best to be patient; media personnel just want to sell papers or get hits online, its normal that they make inferences based on rafa's previous work, or squeeze out a general statement from him, which is bound to change as the season starts or progresses.

besides the de gea deal and return of casemiro, i think the copa america would have ended first before we get an idea of what rafa's team and transfer dealings would look like.


If it's on Perez' insistance and order to the coach to make Bale the central figure we don't need to wait for Benitez' training sessions as it won't actually be Benitez' decision. That's certainly the vibe I'm getting from the media in recent weeks but I don't have a clue who is reliable or not regarding Madrid. Just the stuff I'm reading on Madrid related Twitter accounts.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11254
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by jibers Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:41 pm

titosantill wrote:@thimmy, be careful what you wish for....we wanted flo out back in 2006, it seemed like the grass was greener when calderon came in....but the dude constituted to being a nuisance and an embarrassment in that position...and mind you, it wasn't like calderon was a dummy btw, he's a reasonably reputable lawyer, who has lectured at harvard, but even with those, he still did a lot of dumb stuff and we lacked clout in the transfer marker


Well he had enough clout to sign CRonaldo though. Ronaldo is not a Perez galacticos and according to some people he is Madrds greatest ever player.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10246
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by Thimmy Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:51 pm

titosantill wrote:@thimmy, be careful what you wish for....we wanted flo out back in 2006, it seemed like the grass was greener when calderon came in....but the dude constituted to being a nuisance and an embarrassment in that position...and mind you, it wasn't like calderon was a dummy btw, he's a reasonably reputable lawyer, who has lectured at harvard, but even with those, he still did a lot of dumb stuff and we lacked clout in the transfer marker


Calderon's stint at the club may not have been a success, and I didn't particularly like him either, but I definitely would've preferred him over Florentino Perez. I'm sick and tired of his politics being a bottleneck for the club. Purchasing the most expensive, high-profile players on the market is all well and good, but you know just as well as I do that he prioritizes sales over performance, which is why he insists on dictating everything that goes on in the club. He's made a fair share of positive contributions to the club, but I am beyond fed up with his ways. Now, watch Benitez magically turn Bale into an intelligent, productive player, just for Flopoke to sell him while he's still young. Flo is the enemy of stability.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13228
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:57 pm

jibers wrote:
titosantill wrote:@thimmy, be careful what you wish for....we wanted flo out back in 2006, it seemed like the grass was greener when calderon came in....but the dude constituted to being a nuisance and an embarrassment in that position...and mind you, it wasn't like calderon was a dummy btw, he's a reasonably reputable lawyer, who has lectured at harvard, but even with those, he still did a lot of dumb stuff and we lacked clout in the transfer marker


Well he had enough clout to sign CRonaldo though. Ronaldo is not a Perez galacticos and according to some people he is Madrds greatest ever player.


He is in top 10... When it comes to ability easily top 5
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:07 pm

jibers wrote:
titosantill wrote:@thimmy, be careful what you wish for....we wanted flo out back in 2006, it seemed like the grass was greener when calderon came in....but the dude constituted to being a nuisance and an embarrassment in that position...and mind you, it wasn't like calderon was a dummy btw, he's a reasonably reputable lawyer, who has lectured at harvard, but even with those, he still did a lot of dumb stuff and we lacked clout in the transfer marker


Well he had enough clout to sign CRonaldo though. Ronaldo is not a Perez galacticos and according to some people he is Madrds greatest ever player.


Ronaldo is a Perez signing. Fergie rejected that pos Calderon in 2008.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by jibers Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:11 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
jibers wrote:
titosantill wrote:@thimmy, be careful what you wish for....we wanted flo out back in 2006, it seemed like the grass was greener when calderon came in....but the dude constituted to being a nuisance and an embarrassment in that position...and mind you, it wasn't like calderon was a dummy btw, he's a reasonably reputable lawyer, who has lectured at harvard, but even with those, he still did a lot of dumb stuff and we lacked clout in the transfer marker


Well he had enough clout to sign CRonaldo though. Ronaldo is not a Perez galacticos and according to some people he is Madrds greatest ever player.


Ronaldo is a Perez signing. Fergie rejected that pos Calderon in 2008.


No he isn't. The deal was done before Perez took over. Calderon is the one that signed him. Perez had very little to do with it. In fact soe people believe that is why he will never sell Bale because that is HIS galacticos.

SAF said that to save face. Even in his autobiography he revealed that CR was leaving for Madrid and the fee had been agreed in December 2008 IIRC. He said he wanted CR to stay one more year and CR told Calderon he couldn't leave.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10246
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:15 pm

@jibbers, i seriously doubt calderon signed cristiano....he'll say he signed him on revista because he knows florentino will never address him or give him time of day. balague will agree with him because its not every day he gets an interview with the madrid president...but look deeper into that whole saga left the office in the middle of the season, just after the christmas break. between january 2009 till may 09, there was a different president, so in that space, calderon could not have negotiated on behalf of the club with respect to signings

prior to that, we tried to get cristiano after the 06 (06/07) world cup, ferguson said no. we tried again at the end of the 07/08 season, fergie said no, then calderon officially said we would not sign cristiano anymore (opting to sign robben, sneider, drenthe, heinze, pepe and dudek that summer) and called ferguson senile....upon which ferguson made the "i won't sell them a virus rant"

calderon's next obsession was kaka in the 08/09 summer, and he failed in that regard. it isn't possible that calderon could have agreed wages, a price tag and fees with cristiano, his agent and utd based on that timeline. the guy's a liar, (florentino probably is too) but he's not even tactical about it. and even fergie acknowledges it was florentino that signed cristiano, after him and florentino mended the relationship between the two clubs
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by jibers Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:17 pm

titosantill wrote:@jibbers, i seriously doubt calderon signed cristiano....he'll say he signed him on revista because he knows florentino will never address him or give him time of day. balague will agree with him because its not every day he gets an interview with the madrid president...but look deeper into that whole saga left the office in the middle of the season, just after the christmas break. between january 2009 till may 09, there was a different president, so in that space, calderon could not have negotiated on behalf of the club with respect to signings

prior to that, we tried to get cristiano after the 06 (06/07) world cup, ferguson said no. we tried again at the end of the 07/08 season, fergie said no, then calderon officially said we would not sign cristiano anymore (opting to sign robben, sneider, drenthe, heinze, pepe and dudek that summer) and called ferguson senile....upon which ferguson made the "i won't sell them a virus rant"

calderon's next obsession was kaka in the 08/09 summer, and he failed in that regard. it isn't possible that calderon could have agreed wages, a price tag and fees with cristiano, his agent and utd based on that timeline. the guy's a liar, (florentino probably is too) but he's not even tactical about it. and even fergie acknowledges it was florentino that signed cristiano, after him and florentino mended the relationship between the two clubs



SAF has confirmed in his book that CR was leaving the season after and the fee was agreed in december 2008. Calderon was the one who negotiated it. These are what SAF wrote. He said he didn't want to sell CR straight away because it would make us look weak so he told Madrid they could have him in 1 year. It was already agreed upon.

Either way, Perez needs to change his Galacticos policy tbh. Looking like De Gea will be Madrids new #1 next season. I wonder what Iker will do now Laughing

Never could stand that prick.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10246
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:21 pm

btw calderon's last official act as madrid president was forwarding the bernabeau as the venue for the 2010 champions league final something i feel he did on purpose, the clown knew we weren't ready, but probably did it to spite florentino, who was favorite for the bernabeu hot seat after election malpractice had kicked ramon out

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:29 pm

i don't believe that ...https://books.google.ca/books?id=CXRZAgAAQBAJ&pg=PT91&dq=alex+ferguson+ramon+calderon&hl=en&sa=X&ei=c2JvVbKNNIekyQTn54OYBg&ved=0CBwQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=alex%20ferguson%20ramon%20calderon&f=false

he didn't say any of that based on this info in his book
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 5023
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by chad4401 Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:05 pm

calderon signed cr not perez jibers is right, calderon said so himself i remember that stories from when flo returned
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 4620
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by breva Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:40 pm

Based on his performance at Napoli, with a relatively good level of players, does not bode well for Madrid. Napoli is worse today than when he took it over. There is a theory going around that Perez wants to avoid having a manager whose popularity might rival his authority. This theory was expressed by Charlie Stilitano the founder of the Football FC channel on Sirius. He also mingles with Ferguson, Mou, Ancelotti and brings teams from Europe to the U.S. and elsewhere for friendlies in the summer.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1941
Join date : 2015-03-04

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:43 pm

Micromanager Rafa Proud

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 107

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 8 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum