Robespierre
DeletedUser#1
RED
Valkyrja
S
55 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 6 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by sportsczy Sat May 23, 2015 1:38 am

The Franchise wrote:I understand, but they won the CL with Bale..I am sure he thought he could win with (in spite?) og Bale again.
I would say that we won despite Bale. Bale did everything in his power to give the games away... everyone talks about his 2 goals but forget to mention the 184732 opportunities he squandered.

Di Maria was the biggest reason we overcame the issues and a lot of luck tbh. But you need luck to win cups.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 6 Empty Re: Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid

Post by breva Sat May 23, 2015 3:13 am

If Carlo "showed some backbone" and complained about losing players like Di Maria, played tactically (unexciting football) in the way he knows when the injuries came and had won the league, he would have been fired anyway, like Capello was. So why not, go with the flow reduce stress and get fired.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 23, 2015 11:45 am

Seems like it's a done deal
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat May 23, 2015 11:49 am

Very curious to see how Benitez will adapt to our players. He has to adapt, playing his 4231 is a waste of time with this squad.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 23, 2015 12:07 pm

is there any chance that benitez will play 4-4-2 ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat May 23, 2015 12:59 pm

breva wrote:If Carlo "showed some backbone" and complained about losing players like Di Maria, played tactically (unexciting football) in the way he knows when the injuries came and had won the league, he would have been fired anyway, like Capello was. So why not, go with the flow reduce stress and get fired.

capello's firing was more complicated than that. they had made the decision to get rid of capello by the xmas break when the team was like 5th or 6th on the table. somehow the guy managed to motivate the team to win the title but a deal had already been hashed with schuster before then.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 31, 2015 7:08 pm

AS say he'll be announced as Madrid coach on June 3

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/benitez-real-madrid-the-vice-president-confirmsstarting-next-week-hell-be-best-coach-in-the-world/
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sun May 31, 2015 8:40 pm

Getting blown out at home. Rafa Molenation
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:49 am

Rafa Benitez has broken his silence on his imminent move to Real Madrid, revealing he “can’t wait to be there".

The 55-year-old left Napoli this morning and headed to the Spanish capital to finalise his appointment as Carlo Ancelotti’s successor at the Bernabeu.

Benitez is scheduled to arrive in Madrid at 12:30 CET, via a private jet sent by the club, when he will sign his contract before being officially presented to the media on Wednesday.

“I am ready,” Benitez told AS as he left for Spain. "I can't wait to be there."

The 55-year-old's stay at Napoli came to a disappointing end on Sunday night after a home defeat to Lazio ended their hopes of Champions League qualification.

Benitez joined the Partenopei in 2013, leading them to the Coppa Italia and a third-placed finish in his first season in charge.

The former Liverpool boss spent most of his playing career with Real Madrid's B team before going on to coach at every level of the club, excluding the first team.

Madrid vice-president Eduardo Fernandez de Blas revealed the club's intention to appoint Benitez as coach, calling him one of the best in the world on Sunday.

A man on a mission Proud
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:58 am

S wrote:
Rafa Benitez has broken his silence on his imminent move to Real Madrid, revealing he “can’t wait to be there".

The 55-year-old left Napoli this morning and headed to the Spanish capital to finalise his appointment as Carlo Ancelotti’s successor at the Bernabeu.

Benitez is scheduled to arrive in Madrid at 12:30 CET, via a private jet sent by the club, when he will sign his contract before being officially presented to the media on Wednesday.

“I am ready,” Benitez told AS as he left for Spain. "I can't wait to be there."

The 55-year-old's stay at Napoli came to a disappointing end on Sunday night after a home defeat to Lazio ended their hopes of Champions League qualification.

Benitez joined the Partenopei in 2013, leading them to the Coppa Italia and a third-placed finish in his first season in charge.

The former Liverpool boss spent most of his playing career with Real Madrid's B team before going on to coach at every level of the club, excluding the first team.

Madrid vice-president Eduardo Fernandez de Blas revealed the club's intention to appoint Benitez as coach, calling him one of the best in the world on Sunday.

A man on a mission Proud

On a mission to destroy what's left of Madrid.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:00 am

Wait... did Perez just replace Ancelotti with Benitez? Laughing What a man ffs.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:07 am

Vidal,Verratti and Sterling are his top targets apparently hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:18 pm

It's official.

Rafael Benitez returns to Real Madrid - Page 6 CGj4pIUUAAAImu2

http://twitter.com/realmadrid/status/606007618394562561

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:20 pm

Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:23 pm

Kick wrote:Laughing

Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:25 pm

As someone who has had both Carlo and Rafa as a manager of my club, I would be extremely disappointed. Rafa is a decent manager, but he isn't as good as Carlo, imo.

He also isn't going to fix Madrid's problems.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:31 pm

While Benitez surely is a good coach, I still can't help but feel that there is something profoundly silly about this appointment, and switching Ancelotti for him.

I can't help the hilarious feeling it will be a monumental disaster.

Kind of excited. Can't wait. bounce
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:41 pm

Potential to be a bump thread in a year.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:47 pm

I had my doubts about him, but now with the GL jinx in full swing I think he will win the treble
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:47 pm

As someone said on this thread all great managers have fairly obvious flaws whether it be Carlo , Jose or Guardiola. Regardless, what Madrid needs most is stability and sacking a guy who won us la decima in addition to being universally popular among players, fans, boardroom( after the anarchy of mourinho era) isn't the best way to go about it .Yes he had his flaws , in particular the rotation issue as well as the alleged laxity of his training sessions(in terms of fitnesss) , yes he has never been a great league manager and we had the league in our grasp last two seasons before we choked, but we couldve done much much worse than let him go .

However now that we have let Carlo leave ,out of the available pool of managers Benitez is a pretty decent choice even though he underwhelmed with Napoli. Experienced, knows the club inside out, commands respect, tactical nous etc etc.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:55 pm

i am glad Benitez is joining us, very good coach, i have long championed his appointment and now he gets to coach us.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:55 pm

I think he will do an Allegri.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:56 pm

S wrote:I think he will do an Allegri.

He will knock Madrid out of the CL?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:59 pm

let's close the thread and switch to the 'sack watch' one
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:02 pm

S wrote:I think he will do an Allegri.

I think so too, maybe not to the same success but I reckon a lot of people will do a 180 on him come the end of the season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:03 pm

it's funny how thiese things work though, some Bayern fans have Pep, the best coach in recent times, and they cant wait for him to go...hmm

except for fergie, no coach is unanimous in his club unless he wins the double liga+cl every season
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next