Nishankly
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Helmer
Sri
Art Morte
68 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9

Post by M99 Sun May 03, 2015 1:42 am

No one is telling you to stop SUPPORTING them when they lost to Hull and West Brom. Liverpool fans and neutrals who don't like Man Utd are FRUSTRATED and INFURIATED at them for losing games that they easily could have won. Showing frustration and being angry at your team is part of being a fan. To be a fan you support teams at their bad times but you should also not accept them for being bad in the first place...that's how you settle for mediocrity.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 20 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9

Post by Unique Sun May 03, 2015 1:53 am

M99 wrote:No one is telling you to stop SUPPORTING them when they lost to Hull and West Brom. Liverpool fans and neutrals who don't like Man Utd are FRUSTRATED and INFURIATED at them for losing games that they easily could have won. Showing frustration and being angry at your team is part of being a fan. To be a fan you support teams at their bad times but you should also not accept them for being bad in the first place...that's how you settle for mediocrity.
but why say Liverpool are a disgrace for losing to lesser teams. when every team in the lge have lost to lesser teams. Liverpool beat man city. man u lost to leicester city 5-2 after going 2-0 up. we drew with west brom. man u lost to them. Chelsea got smashed by spurs. the season is over 38 games. not just 2 results. its easy to look back at results and say had we won that game or this game we would be here or there. its not how football works is it. but if Liverpool still had sturridge and suarez fit and playing this season then it would be a different lge table.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 03, 2015 2:02 am

Why bring up Suarez? If Man Utd had Cristiano Ronaldo they would have won the league Rolling Eyes This is not how football works. What happened happened, it's up to Brendan "A team that spends 100 million and does not win the league is a disgrace" Rodgers to fix it. He thought it was a good idea to replace his best player with Balotelli and a bunch of Southampton players and it backfired. It's also not his fault for bringing backup players capable to cover for Sturridge when he gets injured.

Calling the team a disgrace for losing easily winnable games in the business end of the season is not outrageous at all. The stakes were high, the matches were easy and they blew it. That frankly is disgraceful for fans and anti Man Utd neutrals.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 03, 2015 2:07 am

M99 wrote:Why bring up Suarez? If Man Utd had Cristiano Ronaldo they would have won the league Rolling Eyes This is not how football works. What happened happened, it's up to Brendan "A team that spends 100 million and does not win the league is a disgrace" Rodgers to fix it. He thought it was a good idea to replace his best player with Balotelli and a bunch of Southampton players and it backfired. It's also not his fault for bringing backup players capable to cover for Sturridge when he gets injured.

Calling the team a disgrace for losing easily winnable games in the business end of the season is not outrageous at all. The stakes were high, the matches were easy and they blew it. That frankly is disgraceful for fans and anti Man Utd neutrals.
so 60 mil on rodriguez. 80mil on Ronaldo. 100mil on bale. if barca wipe your ass in the title race id say that's far more of a disgrace. wouldent you.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 03, 2015 2:44 am

MR BOND wrote:
M99 wrote:Why bring up Suarez? If Man Utd had Cristiano Ronaldo they would have won the league Rolling Eyes This is not how football works. What happened happened, it's up to Brendan "A team that spends 100 million and does not win the league is a disgrace" Rodgers to fix it. He thought it was a good idea to replace his best player with Balotelli and a bunch of Southampton players and it backfired. It's also not his fault for bringing backup players capable to cover for Sturridge when he gets injured.

so 60 mil on rodriguez. 80mil on Ronaldo. 100mil on bale. if barca wipe your ass in the title race id say that's far more of a disgrace. wouldent you.

First of I am not a Madrid fan. It's a joke.

Second of you can say it is a disgrace if Madrid lost to Cordoba and Eibar in the final stages of the season when winning those games could have won them the league. Yes that would be fine and most Madrid fans would agree with you.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 03, 2015 3:05 am

NEXT YEAR IS OUR YEAR SO SETTLE DOWN GUYS RELAX

BRENDAN WILL COME GOOD, HAVE FAITH IN EUJO
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 03, 2015 3:37 am

Hala would break his fingers typing the most damning reports if we blow the title against the equivalent of Hull and WBA which is, I suppose, Eibar and Cordoba. I wouldn't call him less of a fan for calling Real Madrid "a disgrace" because it would honestly be damn right disgraceful.

But take into consideration RM fans are ridiculously and hilariously demanding so it may not be the best example. Still, Liverpool really should have won those matches. I don't necessarily agree it was "disgraceful" but shameful is probably the more PC term I would have used.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 03, 2015 4:36 am

are there any real fans on this forum. not just glory hunters.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 03, 2015 6:24 am

MR BOND wrote:are there any real fans on this forum. not just glory hunters.

So your definition of glory hunters are fans who are angry with their team for losing to low level teams and think it's shameful :facepalm:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun May 03, 2015 6:38 am

So I guess as Milan fan, I should be happy that our team is in mid-table, that we consistently sacrifice our legends, and that many of our players simply don't give a shit.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun May 03, 2015 8:16 am

MR BOND wrote:are there any real fans on this forum. not just glory hunters.

It is quite admirable to stand up for your side and I agree with you that there is an overwhelming multitude of 'fairweather'/'glory hunter'/'plastic' fans now than there were before social media kicked off.

That, however, doesn't make everyone on GL fall into that category by default. I have seen these guys post for years, some even from the days of goal.com and earlier. And they are as true and loyal to their clubs as you are, if not more.

Coming to the topic of Liverpool: You guys managed your death run in February/March so well, and made up a lot of ground after the start you had to the season. But you have to admit that you guys lost the plot and dropped a lot since your game against United. While United, City, Southampton and Tottenham dropped points, you could easily have made it into the top 3 by now. And after managing that death run with so many points, it is very fair to criticise the points dropped against much weaker opposition!

Maybe 'disgrace' is too strong a word for your liking. Liverpool, as a club, is anything but a disgrace - far from it in fact. Everyone knows this. You guys have the history and prestige behind you, all worthy of much respect. However, putting that and your last season in context, this season has been very poor for most parts. And I, personally, think that it opens you up for criticism.

Oh, and it is also a very valid point regarding how many neutrals have been rooting for you guys to make it into the top 4. Heck, I haven't seen this kind of bonhomie between Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool fans in years! (Okay basically many guys who wanted to see United stumble a bit more, but still, you get my point). These weren't glory hunters or fairweather fans either, but these are definitely people who feel a tad disappointed. Not being Liverpool fans, they are under no obligation to defend the club and have the right to express their disappointment and criticism. That is not meant as a disrespect to Liverpool, especially since most of the criticisms are quite valid.

I hope I am not antagonizing you further, it is not my intention. But I do hope that you see things from the point of view of the people who are feeling a bit disappointed.
(Btw, that doesn't include the guys who want to take the mickey out of you for the way you have dropped off).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun May 03, 2015 8:47 am

Don't feed the trolls.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun May 03, 2015 10:22 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Mr Bond, you don't understand.
Most reasonable people hate Utd, and were rooting for Liverpool.
Top 4 was handed to you on a silver platter.

You let us down. That's inexcusable.

Apologies from the whole set of Liverpool fans...at least from my side. We let down the football game this time, we really did Sad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 03, 2015 10:27 am

It's not the fans fault.
I haven't given up hope completely tbh, can well see Utd losing against Palace and Arsenal, but with you having to play Chelsea away it's a very, very tough ask and I fear it's too late Sad
West Brom and Hull ffs. It's a TRAGEDY. No
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun May 03, 2015 10:32 am

Hans no worries mate, we will finish in top 4 next season. Then we will draw in the same group as Bayern and we will watch together the game at Allianz Arena with a groß Paulaner in our hands Sad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun May 03, 2015 10:33 am

Honestly even if we at least beat hull *bleep* city, it would be 1 point, *bleep* sakes.

we have let everyone down, can't even blame anyone, we had such a bloody awful start to the season and clawed our way back to screw it all up against bottom half teams.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 03, 2015 10:43 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It's an absolute miracle we are still in the league btw Laughing

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V9 - Page 20 PqQTCOh

The thing is, unlike Sir Alan, Carver doesn't even have a decent first half season to mitigate the stats.
Guy comes in and LOSES 70% of the games, 8 defeats IN A ROW now.
Caretaker manager or not, how is he not fired? How can it be worse no matter who takes over for the short term?
Get Rowan Atkinson to stand on the sideline for a month, I bet the players will win a game just for the lulz.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 03, 2015 10:47 am

Well unlike Carver, Pardew is professionally qualified Laughing despite the fact I consider him at the bottom of the barrel.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun May 03, 2015 11:02 am

I feel a bit sorry for Carver, because the players obviously have no desire to play for him, they know he's not going to be there next season. "You're not my real dad" and all that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 03, 2015 11:04 am

With good reason, the bloke is clueless and considering he's a *bleep* too I have no sympathy at all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun May 03, 2015 11:13 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Hans no worries mate, we will finish in top 4 next season. Then we will draw in the same group as Bayern and we will watch together the game at Allianz Arena with a groß Paulaner in our hands Sad

You would travel from Brazil for that? Laughing

So much lou for Hans though Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun May 03, 2015 11:59 am

I returned to Germany...just few days back :coffee: !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun May 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Chavs 1-0 up from a dive by Hazard. Won the league already but still can't help themselves to cheat.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun May 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Chelsea Champions :bow:
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Sun May 03, 2015 3:25 pm

izzy wrote:Chelsea Champions :bow:

bounce banana banana banana banana
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun May 03, 2015 3:27 pm

Been the best team this season, so fair play. Deserved champions.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next