halamadrid2
RealGunner
El Gunner
Nishankly
McAgger
73 posters

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5 Empty Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:52 pm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t36317-barclay-s-premier-league-14-15-discussion-v1
http://www.goallegacy.net/t36399-barclay-s-premier-league-14-15-discussion-v2
http://www.goallegacy.net/t36649-barclay-s-premier-league-14-15-discussion-v3
http://www.goallegacy.net/t36921-barclay-s-premier-league-14-15-discussion-v4

Actually give some credit to Rodgers because he's changed the tactics to 3-4-2-1 and for the last 3 games we've created a log of chances and played some of our better football. Something finally has gone his way. It has nothing to do with us raising any game against bigger sides. The intensity has been similar all season. It's just that now there's some actual idea behind what we're doing as opposed to the last 4-5 months.

Still though, defense has gotten worst than its ever been under his charge and his absolutely no idea how to make changes with substitutions. Just throwing every forward you have on the bench and hoping they do something is not the answer to coming back form a goal down.

Last edited by Don't call me James on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:52 pm

RealGunner wrote:Scott Dan?

Still better than Skrtel, Toure and Lovren.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:54 pm

Can't wait for Stone Cold Charlie Austin to stunt on Mertesacker on boxing day.
Dem Stone Cold Stunners.
#Pray4Per
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Rodgers: "We were better in this game than the 5-1 of last year."

Rodgers on Anfield: 'The pitch is awful here'

scratch
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:05 pm

RealGunner wrote:Rodgers: "We were better in this game than the 5-1 of last year."

Rodgers on Anfield: 'The pitch is awful here'

scratch

Guy is deluded rofl

Btw, did anyone else see Jesus in the crowd at the end of the match? Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:06 pm

This guy?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5ZKJnCCAAA3mF_.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:07 pm

rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:07 pm

rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Actually give some credit to Rodgers because he's changed the tactics to 3-4-2-1 and for the last 3 games we've created a log of chances and played some of our better football. Something finally has gone his way. It has nothing to do with us raising any game against bigger sides. The intensity has been similar all season. It's just that now there's some actual idea behind what we're doing as opposed to the last 4-5 months.

Still though, defense has gotten worst than its ever been under his charge and his absolutely no idea how to make changes with substitutions. Just throwing every forward you have on the bench and hoping they do something is not the answer to coming back form a goal down.

I dont want to be too much of a spoilsport, but that 2nd win in between the 2 league games came against a championship side, am I right ? eventhough a high flying championship side but they got affected by stage fright, which made things somewhat easy for you.

Lets see how much this 'working system' will work against a rigid and well drilled side, or someone quite simply who wont play with fear when they face you.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:10 pm

Lmao...
Brendan staying at Pool forever then. His divine right! :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5 B5ZiPm9CQAAeV3a

Spoiler:

Treating the ball as though it's a grenade rofl
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:24 pm

rofl

:bow: RED

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:25 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Actually give some credit to Rodgers because he's changed the tactics to 3-4-2-1 and for the last 3 games we've created a log of chances and played some of our better football. Something finally has gone his way. It has nothing to do with us raising any game against bigger sides. The intensity has been similar all season. It's just that now there's some actual idea behind what we're doing as opposed to the last 4-5 months.

I dont want to be too much of a spoilsport, but that 2nd win in between the 2 league games came against a championship side, am I right ? eventhough a high flying championship side but they got affected by stage fright, which made things somewhat easy for you.

Lets see how much this 'working system' will work against a rigid and well drilled side, or someone quite simply who wont play with fear when they face you.

I think you have your own team's worries mate. You couldn't beat Villa when playing with 12 men against 10. the fluky winning run has well and truly ended. I'm still waiting to see this "philosophy" of LVG. It's exactly like last season but with DDG in much better form.

If anyone is to praise for your league position it must be your new goalkeeping coach :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:31 pm

Natalie is back Proud

And is insecure about United's position in the table as ever. Proud
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:32 pm

Sepp Proud
RED Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Is that Vladimir Ilich Ulianov in your avatar? Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:37 pm

We're playing our best football of the season right now, but I just feel we lost this game in the summer. And that's the thing that despairs me the most about Rodgers still. His transfers. If we just had a goal-scorer on the pitch, we should have won. But no, our best option was to start with a 20-year-old winger/AM as the striker... because we failed to bring anyone worthwhile in in the summer.

I don't know, a draw isn't an awful result, but the table is looking pretty horrible for us.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Is that Vladimir Ilich Ulianov in your avatar? Proud

Lenin Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:39 pm

Yes my good sir.

Reading his biography by Robert Service as my festive book. 500 pages, I'm 70 pages in. Fascinating stuff. also bought a USSR flag from Ebay which should arrive for christmas eve Proud

@ RED: Not insecure...it's a false position just like Hull's position in 08-09 season was false in November. the system that routinely relies on a keeper making 10 saves a game isn't sustainable. the same way LFC's system of "let's outscore opponents" last season wasn't sustainable in the long-run. p.s. LVG's teams are always known for turning into shite in second halves of seasons Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Don't call me James wrote:

Lenin Proud

His friends call him Vladimir Ilich :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:42 pm

Art Morte wrote:We're playing our best football of the season right now, but I just feel we lost this game in the summer. And that's the thing that despairs me the most about Rodgers still. His transfers. If we just had a goal-scorer on the pitch, we should have won. But no, our best option was to start with a 20-year-old winger/AM as the striker... because we failed to bring anyone worthwhile in in the summer.

I don't know, a draw isn't an awful result, but the table is looking pretty horrible for us.

Balotelli is the black Ian Rush they said Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:43 pm

the books I'll be reading by the end of January Proud

DAT RUSSIAN KNOWLEDGE :bow:

already looking for tix to see Russia this summer. I'M COMING HOME, COMING HOME !!!

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V5 30vydjd

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
Reading his biography by Robert Service as my festive book. 500 pages, I'm 70 pages in.

Don't know about the Lenin book, but Service's biography of Trotzky was heavily critizised. Guy is not only hostile to the politics, which is unsurprising, but apparently lets that influence his character portayals.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:
Reading his biography by Robert Service as my festive book. 500 pages, I'm 70 pages in.  

Don't know about the Lenin book, but Service's biography of Trotzky was heavily critizised. Guy is not only hostile to the politics, which is unsurprising, but apparently lets that influence his character portayals.

I looked for online reviews before purchasing them, and it appears all biographies of those leaders are biased one way or another. I haven't read the Trotsky one, but interesting point you're making. will look into it.

In the intro section of Lenin book, Service heavily criticizes other biographies written about him from both end, either painting him as a revolutionary saint, or a bloodthirsty tyrant. I'm interested to see how he ends up portraying him by the end of this book. So far 70 pages in, it's very balanced. It's hard, because the books accessible to us are all in English, and we never get a fair chance to compare it to proper Russian books and portrayals unless you know both languages. Have you read a German outlook on Lenin?

fantastic background into Lenin's family (from his great grandfathers down) and the whole Russian society in the 1800s. sets it up nicely. I'm just at the stage where Ilya (The father) dies, and then Alexander (older brother) is hanged after attempting to assassinate the emperor.

Hans, you're so knowledgable about everything, we need more of people like you around mate !

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:00 pm

My knowledge is strictly superficial and designed to come across deep on a football forum though
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next