izzy
REWB
Raptorgunner
Wilson37
Jay29
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stoke 3 - 2 Arsenal: Another terrible trip to Mordor - Page 2 Empty Re: Stoke 3 - 2 Arsenal: Another terrible trip to Mordor

Post by RealGunner Sun 07 Dec 2014, 01:54

Yep agreed.

I don't think we will ever win away to stoke under Arsene. I don't think we will beat a big team under Arsene. Or United. Some of these things, you just know will never happen anymore. Arsene is still a top manager. But it's all rinse and repeat with him. Like you, I want to see how a different manager will bring changes.

Of course it can go bad like it happened with United and Liverpool. But it can also turn good. But above all, it will bring difference. We haven't played fluid football consistently in ages. At times we play great. but that only lasts for about 30 odd minutes. Next match we are as lethargic as ever.

We have said this for the last 3-4 years now. I can't wait for this season to end. And we are in december...

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Stoke 3 - 2 Arsenal: Another terrible trip to Mordor - Page 2 Empty Re: Stoke 3 - 2 Arsenal: Another terrible trip to Mordor

Post by Peccadillo Sun 07 Dec 2014, 02:41

GoonerJay29 wrote:At least in that 11/12 season we had a rubbish squad as an excuse for the crap start. This season we don't even have that excuse. That makes it worse, imo.

The big thing for me is that it's all becoming monotonous. Year on year things don't get better or worse in the end; we just move sideways all the time. I mean, we could have a really good second half of the season, but that'd make this season no different to 11/12 or 12/13. Then in the transfer window we'll buy players but won't address our most pressing needs. Then we'll hope for good season and that'll hope will disappear before too long and we're left discussing Wenger's future.

All the while we play this passing game that has a reputation for being so great but only lives up to that reputation a couple of times per season while every other game just bores me.

My number one reason for wanting a new manager now is actually so we have someone different, whatever that manager brings to the table.

probably the most sensible WOB argument I've ever heard.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 07 Dec 2014, 09:51

RealGunner wrote:Anyone else getting sick of football?

Can't quit.
Has become life.
Too much of a formality.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 07 Dec 2014, 10:15

Peccadillo wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:At least in that 11/12 season we had a rubbish squad as an excuse for the crap start. This season we don't even have that excuse. That makes it worse, imo.

The big thing for me is that it's all becoming monotonous. Year on year things don't get better or worse in the end; we just move sideways all the time. I mean, we could have a really good second half of the season, but that'd make this season no different to 11/12 or 12/13. Then in the transfer window we'll buy players but won't address our most pressing needs. Then we'll hope for good season and that'll hope will disappear before too long and we're left discussing Wenger's future.

All the while we play this passing game that has a reputation for being so great but only lives up to that reputation a couple of times per season while every other game just bores me.

My number one reason for wanting a new manager now is actually so we have someone different, whatever that manager brings to the table.

probably the most sensible WOB argument I've ever heard.

+1
monotonous
That's the word.

And like Jay and RG said seeing something different (whether it be for better or worse) it would at least be refreshing to see something else. For eg, Other problems than the current ones.

It was Karl Marx that said, “The first time it's a tragedy, the second time it's a farce.”
And what we must grasp now is that we're in this endless loop of farcicality. This is becoming a pattern now. A pattern that repeats itself. And this pattern goes on and on and on and on and on. And it is important for us to break out of this cycle. To explore new territory, so that we can find out more - so that we can ... evolve.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 07 Dec 2014, 12:35

Jay nailed it, feel the same way. Only Sevilla are actually doing quite well unlike Dortmund which doesn't help Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by FRANTIC Sun 07 Dec 2014, 13:10

No excuse for it really Wenger knew what type of game this was going to be and he left key players on the bench.

He let us down
FRANTIC
FRANTIC
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon 08 Dec 2014, 17:11

The Gunners attempted more crosses than Stoke – 27 against the home side's 23.  Laughing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2865223/10-THINGS-LEARNED-Arsenal-opted-long-ball-game-Stoke.html#ixzz3LK6K7YBL
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon 08 Dec 2014, 17:27

Another gutless, spineless, coward display at Stoke. Every time we play Stoke away our players turn into fairies that are scared of crosses and 50-50 tackles. We must be the only team in the league who are genuinely scared of Stoke, what an embarrassment. Disappointed with Mert and Gibbs during this game, the young lads ( Martinez, Chambers and Bellerin) needed a bit of guidance but Mert went into friendly giant mode and shat himself whilst Gibbs spent the majority of the game getting merked by Walters and Bardsley.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon 08 Dec 2014, 17:38

Sina wrote:few years ago i would feel more depressed after such defeats
now i don't know if just used to it or just age factor. whatever

crazy thing is in offensive sense it wasn't typical stoke away fixture with absolute No space and 10 opp players behind the ball
for large part we were afforded lots of space and just Not efficient sigh

better not comment about defending

same feelings Neutral
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon 08 Dec 2014, 19:44

Everything that needs to be said has already been said.

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon 08 Dec 2014, 20:45

Neville on Arsenal:

"They've got no respect for each other. If your teammate is struggling it's your duty to help. It's terrible to watch."

Carragher ripped into Mertesacker, too. I'll see if I can dig up some quotes.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 08 Dec 2014, 20:52

Basically echoing our thoughts for Per this season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2