Helmer
Art Morte
iftikhar
19 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Winter is Coming - Page 4 Empty Re: Winter is Coming

Post by rwo power Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:32 pm

Possibly. He's a bright talent. The only problem is that he will not join a team where he isn't guaranteed a starting spot, and thus he might actually extend at Mainz as there he is guaranteed playing time so that he can properly develop.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:40 pm

rwo power wrote:Possibly. He's a bright talent. The only problem is that he will not join a team where he isn't guaranteed a starting spot, and thus he might actually extend at Mainz as there he is guaranteed playing time so that he can properly develop.

That's smart. More players should do that. Too many young talents warming benches at big clubs where they will get little experience and few starts at best.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:01 am

With that said...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11272081/Liverpool-transfer-news-Norway-teenager-Martin-Odegaard-sparks-rumours-of-Anfield-move.html

Come home Norwegian Messi. Proud

Honestly this winter would be perfect with a buy of A keeper (Leno, Karius, Neto, etc.) as long as it's the right one and Lacazette. Boom. Get'r done Rog.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:08 pm

Follow the Odegaard thread in GS
http://www.goallegacy.net/t36690p36-martin-degaard

He's actually trained with us and apparently impressed a lot.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:48 pm

shouldn't Odegaard be discussed in the Youth & Reserves thread? scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:56 pm

Well actually no. Both he and his dad have already said, Odegaard will only join to come straight into the first team squad. He's not gonna move to an academy.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:24 pm

Well I think what will most likely happen is he signs with Liverpool and then is loaned out to another European team that guarantees first team football (maybe like Ajax or something).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Look, impressing in the Norwegian league and playing a few games for the Norway national team is a far shout from getting into our first team. I'd be delighted to sign a prospect like him, but no way I'd be thinking this kid would get into our first team before the 2016-17 season.

However, I'd be happy if we could sign a hot prospect like him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:51 pm

Have to agree on this with Art, can't see a 15 (soon to be 16) year old even warrant a regular training time in Melwood let alone the playing for the 1st team scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:20 pm

I dont understand why scratch if Rossiter is allowed to play in a senior cup game, Martin has every right to at least be given a chance if he can do something on the training ground against our defenders. And if he is doing more than the likes Markovic or anyone else for that matter, why cant he be given some rare appearances in the first team. Off course, it should be managed accordingly to manage his development properly. If Sterling played for us at the age of 17, he can be given a chance at least. All I am saying is a chance to prove himself :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:29 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I dont understand why scratch if Rossiter is allowed to play in a senior cup game, Martin has every right to at least be given a chance if he can do something on the training ground against our defenders. And if he is doing more than the likes Markovic or anyone else for that matter, why cant he be given some rare appearances in the first team. Off course, it should be managed accordingly to manage his development properly. If Sterling played for us at the age of 17, he can be given a chance at least. All I am saying is a chance to prove himself :coffee:
Unless a kid is out of the world superb he is unlikely to get more than 5-6 games (in terms of total playing minutes) with our senior squad and that will inhibit his development. He is likely to develop if he is playing 20+ competitive games and that's possible with a club 1-2 tire below us.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:38 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I dont understand why scratch if Rossiter is allowed to play in a senior cup game, Martin has every right to at least be given a chance if he can do something on the training ground against our defenders. And if he is doing more than the likes Markovic or anyone else for that matter, why cant he be given some rare appearances in the first team. Off course, it should be managed accordingly to manage his development properly. If Sterling played for us at the age of 17, he can be given a chance at least. All I am saying is a chance to prove himself :coffee:

Playing a cup game against lower league opposition is a one-off, Rossiter isn't anywhere near playing for us regularly. Besides, he's almost two years older than this Norwegian kid.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:09 pm

well I was not saying that he should start regularly for us, was just saying that we he can be given few appearacnes based on how he does in those games.

Anyways, if we manage to sell Borini to someone, should we buy Martinez of Porto? Whenever I have seen Porto's highlights in CL, it seems he scores in every game for them.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:39 pm

Martinez of Porto is like already 30 years old almost and he's more similar to Benteke/Bony than he is to Sturrige/Suarez.

I personally don't want him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:35 pm

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/mailonline-liverpool-target-stopper

Liverpool target Timo Horn says he intends to sign a new deal with Cologne.

The Germany U21 international has emerged as a potential signing for Liverpool as they look to increase competition for Simon Mignolet.

Liverpool have also scouted Loris Karius at Mainz and Norberto Neto of Fiorentina while Stoke's Asmir Begovic and Petr Cech of Chelsea have also been considered.

Cech will most likely not come here. Begovic perhaps, and would be a solid buy. Definitely better than Mignolet. Haven't watched enough of Karius, Neto or Horn to comment though they all seem to be highly rated. At this point I almost feel like Jones would be an upgrade on how poor Mignolet has become.

Also read that we're in on Daley Sinkgraven. He doesn't solve anything immediately, and will likely be loaned back out, but if that buy goes through I'd be over the moon. He's a future Dutch great, extremely talented and versatile. Unfortunately apparently United is also in on him and could easily outbid us, and have an upper hand with the Dutch at the moment...sigh.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:02 am

:coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:20 am

Better than Lambert and Borini.

But still, no thanks. I don't have any sympathy for him, in fact I gladly dine each night on his demise, this *bleep* of mercenary.

Sign one of Lacazette or Firmino in the winter and let's just get Sturridge back and have a crack at the 3 cups and get some trophies.

Write off the league campaign.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:05 am

Almost every f*cking player in the world is a "mercenary" ffs.

Torres for 6 months would cost 1.5m.

He'd help in the Europa.

He's way better than Lambert and Borini can't seem to get a game under Rodgers. Sturridge won't stay fit. Mario doesn't work as a lone forward...

He'd get along with Gerrard still, loves playing at Anfield, and most importantly, Rafa knows how to use him. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:08 am

I would be frigging mad if we signed Torres, luckily that will never happen. I'm sure he'd be better than Lambert, but I just don't want to sign ex-players who asked to leave the club previously.

A striker in the January window would be welcome, though. Might be difficult to get anyone like Lacazette because clubs don't want to sell their important players in January.

I tell you one signing I'd like to see in January, though. Hyypiä. For assistant manager and/or defensive coach. He's about to get sacked by Brighton where it's gone all wrong for him, with the club selling their best players and rest of the squads good cycle from the last few years coming to an end with players aging or losing motivation. As far as I know we haven't got a defensive coach and our assistant manager, Pascoe, well, as far as I know his resume includes only assisting Brendan at Swansea and then at Liverpool. I think Hyypiä could make for a better number two than him or definitely could be used as a defensive coach, if he's just willing to join. Not that I think we're thinking of doing that, but one can dream.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:06 am

Do it ffs. Make Art happy!
Sign Hyypiä as assistant coach and Kati Outinen as Liverpool brand ambassador Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:40 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Do it ffs. Make Art happy!
Sign Hyypiä as assistant coach and Kati Outinen as Liverpool brand ambassador Proud

Ffs, how do you know Kati Outinen and I had to google who she is xD
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:54 am

because in every Finnish film I ever saw she was the female lead Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:24 pm

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-12-16/liverpool-agree-3m-fee-for-guillermo-ochoa-reports/

No idea if this is the original source or not.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:02 pm

I don't know if Malaga's 2nd choice keeper is the answer. He did all right at the World Cup, though. Let's see if this has any truth behind it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:10 pm

I liked him at the WC but he's not even a starter right now. Though this might be indicative of some thrifty stop gaps this winter before potential big buys in the summer? Torres for free and Ochoa for 3m? Wouldn't surprise me.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:54 am

Torres rofl Ochoa :facepalm:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite