Art Morte
iftikhar
19 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Winter is Coming - Page 11 Empty Re: Winter is Coming

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:56 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Lucas does his job all right. The thing that bothers me about him is that when we need that little bit of extra from everyone, you just know you aren't getting it from Lucas. Sure he looks okay against a team like Sunderland, who have a CM combo of Bridcutt and Larsson testing him. But ultimately I'm left hoping for a defensively-capable CM that actually can get something done when we're dominating games like we did big time against Sunderland today.

wrong time and game to judge Lucas. The whole team played with a different mentality, not that I am saying Lucas offers something more going forward but he he was doing his job good. Also I think Allen is a better player to play in such games when we are dominating the midfield, specially when opposition is down to 10 men.

Allen's not a good shout, man, he doesn't contribute much anything in attack, either. He's just an average player through and through, at least Lucas has showcased over the years that in our own half of the pitch he can be more than average.

If instead of Lucas we had a CM/DM like Matic, Schneiderlin, Song, Fernandinho or even Ki, I think overall we would perform better than with Lucas.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:33 am

No, you are underrating Allens passing. He wont thread a ball to Sturridge or Sterling with the ball, but he plays the right ball to the right player which helps to keep the ball and dominate. The most important thing is he keeps the ball under pressure really well. Also the way he blocks the opposition passing and wins the ball back without fouling player like Lucas does.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:09 am

El Cujo wrote:A lot of overreaction here. Weren't people calling Lucas done a few months ago? Now he's our beat midfielder? Hendo and Can are both better. I'm not advocating selling him it wouldn't bother me though if it allowed us to address a need elsewhere.

I think Lucas is good but not great.

No

Hendo arguably. Can just no. Maybe in the future but I doubt it.

He's a need now. Why get rid of him if we're just going to have holes in midfield later? Exactly what's wrong with the management over the past 5 years.

El Jefe?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:14 am

Art Morte wrote:Lucas does his job all right. The thing that bothers me about him is that when we need that little bit of extra from everyone, you just know you aren't getting it from Lucas. Sure he looks okay against a team like Sunderland, who have a CM combo of Bridcutt and Larsson testing him. But ultimately I'm left hoping for a defensively-capable CM that actually can get something done when we're dominating games like we did big time against Sunderland today.

You want that "little bit extra" from someone in the final third.

Lucas is fine.

And he's not just looked "okay" against Sunderland ffs. He's been our best player in the last 10 games or so.

Also, did anyone see after the game how Gerrard was congratulating everyone at the end of the game by slapping them on the heads when they walked passed him in the tunnel, then Skrtel/Lucas/Mignolet came and he hugged them all smiling and all. GL's scapegoats getting all the love. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:02 am

Lucas has been our best player for the last 10 games? rofl

No one is saying Lucas isn't fine. But yes, Can is pretty clearly better in the few games he's played for Liverpool than Lucas. Is he really a need right now? I think Allen and Can could both do his job better though Allen seems to lack confidence of late, when played in a deeper role he's actually quite good.

If selling Lucas allowed funds for a real keeper or striker, or could create a swap of something like that I would be for it. I don't think it's a needed move to get rid of Lucas or anything like that, but again, I wouldn't be upset about it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:32 am

Are you trying to say he hasn't been? Laughing

Are you f*cking kidding me? Can only looks good because we've had Lovren playing in defence lmao. He's not that great. Not yet anyway. He's been solid enough, but Can isn't good enough to be a guaranteed starter. Not in midfield, or defence. But given the players in our disposal as of right now, he can make that RCB his until the end of the season and we get actual quality in.

Is Lucas really a need? Yeah, nah I agree. Let's just put Coutinho there. He showed last season he can do a tackle in midfield and can pass it forward. Rolling Eyes

"Real keeper" son please. There's nothing wrong with Mignolet. He's having the same problem most foreign keepers have in the league. Both Reina and De Gay both had problems from set pieces and with their passing (Reina was somewhat good enough but was terribly inconsistent in his first season) but both managed to turn out great. I don't know, I want to guess coaching must of played a part in there somewhere but given Rodgers comments that "defending is easy" Mig should just be able to adapt, eh.

Of course you wouldn't be upset about it. You're so far up Rodgers backside you can't see the bigger picture. Open your eyes lmao. We've gotten rid of Agger, Suarez, Lucas potentially and Reina all in the last year. That's A LOT of experience and leadership in the dressing room. I don't even want to talk about their replacements. We could of finished 10th and we would of been able to sign every single player we signed in the summer. And then he wonders why no big player wants to come to the club. You get rid of every key player / players that you want to build upon to actually win silverware just to rebuild. And his "for the future" signings have been terrible too. He's got rid of 2 our better players that came from the academy in Jonjo and Suso. Bought a whole lot of youth that's not good enough / he's trying to get rid of in Allen / Borini. I really don't want to go on. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:50 am

Red Alert wrote:

You want that "little bit extra" from someone in the final third.

Lucas is fine.

And he's not just looked "okay" against Sunderland ffs. He's been our best player in the last 10 games or so.

Also, did anyone see after the game how Gerrard was congratulating everyone at the end of the game by slapping them on the heads when they walked passed him in the tunnel, then Skrtel/Lucas/Mignolet came and he hugged them all smiling and all. GL's scapegoats getting all the love. rofl

If we were playing with a three-man midfield with Lucas the lone holding-midfielder, I probably would have no issue with him. However, we're now playing with two "equal" CMs, who have three CBs behind them, you'd expect both of them to be able to push forward and contribute something in the final third. Not all the time, but pop up every once in a while. Like Henderson, for instance, does; a very nice run by him yesterday when he got clean through from Cou's pass and hit the post, although was wrongly judged to have handled the ball.

Almost every top team have a player for the Lucas role who can from time to time contribute something in attack. Even many mid-table sides have their deep-lying CMs (and especially CMs playing in a pair) occasionally contributing in attack.

And I don't know are you really serious saying he's been our best player in the last 10 games. I just think you give him way too much credit for apparently doing something mind-blowing off the ball, because he certainly isn't doing much anything with it.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:55 am

To be honest I think you've watched Rodgers for far too long you've realized what role a defensive midfielder is supposed to be.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:12 am

But in the current system we're not even supposed to have a defensive midfielder...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:16 am

The current system is stupid...

and you sort of do for balance.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:26 pm

With system in the view, I agree with Art that in the current system, both the midfielders are supposed to contribute more than what Lucas and Hendo offer. Lucas just doesnt do that, there is no doubt about it. But it is also true that he is doing his job defensively well. That is all that is required when we are winning our games 1-0.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:41 pm

If only we could acquire Lacazette Mad bounce ...

Imagine our front line being lead by Sturridge-Lacazette :wank:
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:47 pm

We should push for Keylor Navas loan move !! hmm
He's way too good to be a back up.

But then again I know we ain't signing no one this window Clubber
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:09 pm

I agree with both of Buster's comments above.

Lacazette and Navas would be superb.

But in all honesty we ain't getting anyone this window, probably Origi back.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:34 pm

Red Alert wrote:The current system is stupid...

The system that has made us (along Saints) the FORM team in the league.

Honestly, you're better off supporting Napoli or the team Rafa will take over after summer.

You clearly hate Rodgers...which means you clearly want Liverpool FC to keep losing. that's not acceptable.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:36 pm

I think we're getting a keeper, Rodgers has said we're looking for one and keepers are perhaps the easiest players to get. Whether we are able to get someone actually good in, that's another matter.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:30 am

who had mentioned Witsel few days back. It seems like Milan are after him, only for 20m. I think we should be all over it hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:03 am

I mentioned Witsel but was told he is shit like the rest of our team. smoking
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:26 am

Witsel is shit. And we should not be all over him. kthxbai
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:02 am

So now we need a GK, CB, CM and an ST

Assuming Origi is that ST and Danny stays fit foreverrrr, That's sorted.

But so many holes after spending so much ffs.

Witsel is overrated imho. Navas would be good.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:49 am

Natalie Portman wrote:

Honestly, you're better off supporting Napoli or the team Rafa will take over after summer.

You clearly hate Rodgers...which means you clearly want Liverpool FC to keep losing. that's not acceptable.

Funny how you're back when our results look decent. Laughing

Performances are still shit.

And I support Liverpool. "Hate" isn't the right word here. Rodgers isn't the right man for the job. Hence I'm calling for his head. When have I ever said I wanted Liverpool to lose? The shit you come with it ffs. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:38 am

Red Alert wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:

Funny how you're back when our results look decent. Laughing

Performances are still shit.

And I support Liverpool. "Hate" isn't the right word here. Rodgers isn't the right man for the job. Hence I'm calling for his head. When have I ever said I wanted Liverpool to lose? The shit you come with it ffs. Laughing

P.S i want us to lose

:coffee:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:32 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Witsel is shit. And we should not be all over him. kthxbai

Witsel is shit yet has won everywhere he's gone (including MotM performances in championship games), has put in strong performances in Europe, is first choice for a stacked Belgian NT (and plays really well for them) and will probably not be sold for less than 30m. He is probably better than any midfielder we have and that includes Henderson whom I love.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:45 pm

El Cujo wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:Witsel is shit. And we should not be all over him. kthxbai

Witsel is shit yet has won everywhere he's gone (including MotM performances in championship games), has put in strong performances in Europe, is first choice for a stacked Belgian NT (and plays really well for them) and will probably not be sold for less than 30m. He is probably better than any midfielder we have and that includes Henderson whom I love.
No man, I think you got a blind spot for this guy. He is definitely not better than Henderson and Henderson hasn't been last-season-awesome yet. I have watched him (Witsel) only handful of times and he looked just-decent.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:56 pm

iftikhar wrote:
El Cujo wrote:

No man, I think you got a blind spot for this guy. He is definitely not better than Henderson and Henderson hasn't been last-season-awesome yet. I have watched him (Witsel) only handful of times and he looked just-decent.

I dunno, he is not dissimilar to Henderson but more physical and a bit better composure. Henderson is my favourite player but a midfield duo of Witsel and Henderson (if we're keeping Can at CB or WB) would be great IMO. Both great in keeping possession, both very industrious with an eye for passing. Witsel is a bit more incisive and lethal in the final third and looks to push the play forward a bit more than Hendo does though.

Meh, to each their own. Even if you don't think that he'd be better than all of our midfielders (again, I don't necessarily think he's better than Henderson) he's definitely not shit and would be a good addition for us.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:21 pm

Players linked with us during this window:

Shaqiri, Berahino, Romero, Higuain, Gray, Neto, Reid, Schneiderlin, Dijk, Stegen, Traore, Clyne, Delph, Milner, Vietto, Coentrao, Martinez, Lacazette, Ochoa, Lavezzi
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next