Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 18 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 18 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Kaladin Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:48 pm

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 18 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by M99 Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:17 pm

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 18 Screen-Shot-2015-10-15-at-5.58.29-PM
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:06 am

M99 wrote:Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 18 Screen-Shot-2015-10-15-at-5.58.29-PM

He signed during (or just after) Oktoberfest. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:12 am

Is Klopp a fraud? I woud urge people making this question to give the guy more time and consider his team is kinda poor, but yes. Razz
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:19 pm

so people said give klopp time to bring in his own players. defence is bad klopp signs steven caulker. keeper is rubbish klopp gives him a new long term contract. not scoring goals and klopp bids 8 mil for shane long. rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:41 pm

I like Klopp, I think he's a good coach and I also think that he's a very infectious personality which I think can be very influential in terms of getting players to fit into your philosophy.

With that said, he deserves time and since the beginning of the season we always knew this season was a 'carte blanche' so to speak. Hopefully we can do well in cup competitions and fight hard in the league, but judgment has to be reserved for when he gets to bring in his own players (offload some as well) and have a full pre-season with them.

Since he's come in our schedule has really been quite tough in terms of the amount of fixtures, injuries and time he's gotten to spend with the players. Just like I said with Rodgers I will say the same with Klopp -- have patience and temper your expectations. Don't be so entitled. We don't deserve to win anything just because we're Liverpool.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:18 pm

Curtinho wrote:I like Klopp, I think he's a good coach and I also think that he's a very infectious personality which I think can be very influential in terms of getting players to fit into your philosophy.

With that said, he deserves time and since the beginning of the season we always knew this season was a 'carte blanche' so to speak. Hopefully we can do well in cup competitions and fight hard in the league, but judgment has to be reserved for when he gets to bring in his own players (offload some as well) and have a full pre-season with them.

Since he's come in our schedule has really been quite tough in terms of the amount of fixtures, injuries and time he's gotten to spend with the players. Just like I said with Rodgers I will say the same with Klopp -- have patience and temper your expectations. Don't be so entitled. We don't deserve to win anything just because we're Liverpool.
I'm not sure how shane long is the kind of player to kick start us to better things
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Why are we even discussing Shane Long?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:41 pm

Curtinho wrote:Why are we even discussing Shane Long?
I'm seeing reports that we have bid 8mil for him. could be crap though.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:56 pm

People love to talk about how Pep is tactically inflexible but why has no one leveled the same accusation at Klopp? He's trying to play a fast paced high pressure game with players like James Milner, Jon Flanagan, and Jordan Henderson Laughing

I'll admit I haven't watched Liverpool much this season so maybe someone who does can correct me, but watching them now against Stoke is so bizarre. They're trying to play a high tempo game with players whose technical ability is very low and it's showing, they can't hold onto the ball for more than five seconds it seems.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:07 pm

His team selection issues and lack of pragmatism have been on show this season yes.

This game is maybe the best example of it.

Starting Flanagan and Moreno then also having a midfield/attack of Milner/Can/Henderson/Lucas/Lallana means there is no width at all to our attack and then you have Firmino who drops into space from the striker position further clogging up the middle that Stoke is trying to pack anyway.

Benteke, Ibe, Allen and Smith should have started. You would think he would really like Smith and Allen especially given that they are perfect for his fast-paced, up-tempo style and Allen is one of the best cyclers of the ball with a lot of energy and tactical nous.

It's very frustrating.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:19 pm

4 months. That's all it took for the true colors to show rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:55 am

I'm not sure what you mean. Being frustrated with some aspects of how Klopp has managed the team? Bound to happen with most managers I'd imagine. I've already put my full support behind him, and given a carte blanche. I'm not flip-flopping on him as you do on most things (not sure if you were in some way comparing this to your love/hate relationship with Rodgers, in which case I have at least another 16 months, right?)
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:00 am

Don't call me James wrote:4 months. That's all it took for the true colors to show rofl

Hahahahahh he mad.

Took Rodgers 3+ years + 250m+ pounds spent for no final / silverware and literally defending every thing he did calling him a success............

Took Klopp 4-5 months getting Caulkner on loan to appear in a final, yet he's "not a fan" / criticism week in week out. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:45 am

Laughing

You and James try way too hard to make things up about me, and never back it up. I think Klopp is great; that doesn't mean he's getting the best of what's available to him at the moment.

Though I probably shouldn't even respond to such blatant trolling.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:00 pm

You taking on James? I think he has changed his mind on so much things so far, one of them is with your former manager Brendan. From being absolutely love to he could die a death by being molested with spoons.

As long as it is a justifyable, nothing is inherently wrong with criticizing your team's manager. Though I must admit, not sure what exactly Klopp can do with this current team that would warrant high expectations.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:13 pm

Doc wrote:As long as it is a justifyable, nothing is inherently wrong with criticizing your team's manager. Though I must admit, not sure what exactly Klopp can do with this current team that would warrant high expectations.

Well just as people were calling for with Rodgers when he was playing some of his 'favourites' over players that they liked it should be the same with any manager, no? Players should play on merit. Guys like Can, Milner, Lucas and much more noticeably Moreno have been pretty poor for long stretches now and then guys like Allen and Smith have looked great whenever they've been given any time on the pitch.

On top of it Stoke was always going to pack up the midfield and box and look to lump the ball in since we've had a really hard time with it all season. So naturally you'd think having some kind of width (Ibe, Smith) and in the box presence would be nice (Benteke). At the end of the day we made it (more due to Stoke's failure than our success) but we set up really poorly for this game.

Aside from not playing Allen (over any number of midfielders) and Smith over Moreno I have no problems with Klopp. Some of the games have made me nervous but like I said when he was hired...he has a free pass for this season from me regardless of how things go. These aren't the players he bought (though he knew what he was getting into, and supposedly likes a lot of them) and he's had to deal with quite a few injuries. His real test is going to be after he gets a chance to buy a few players and offload some that are here. Even if I don't agree or disagree with some of his choices with our current players at the end of the day he's the manager and has a track record of success -- and in reality I want him to bring success to Liverpool so he has my support.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:37 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:4 months. That's all it took for the true colors to show rofl

Hahahahahh he mad.

Took Rodgers 3+ years + 250m+ pounds spent for no final / silverware and literally defending every thing he did calling him a success............  

Took Klopp 4-5 months getting Caulkner on loan to appear in a final, yet he's "not a fan" / criticism week in week out. Proud
its funny how you blame Rodgers for buying shit players when klopp loses a game then put it all down to klopp now we are in a final. Tbh mate your a joke.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:18 am

Unique wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

Hahahahahh he mad.

its funny how you blame Rodgers for buying shit players when klopp loses a game then put it all down to klopp now we are in a final. Tbh mate your a joke.

Are you still drunk? Where did I put it ALL on Klopp? We were lucky we went through, but never underestimate Liverpool in penalty's. Laughing

"You and James try way too hard to make things up about me, and never back it up. "
Way too hard how? Is there a point in arguing with you? Almost everything you say in the Liverpool section is wrong and is just ignorant. Hell, even in this topic / thread you have no idea what you're on about. What's the point? You're not open minded, everything you read / know about the game are from articles / "stats".  
"I was never a fan of the Rodgers sacking. I think he's a good coach and tactically he is quite good."
Implies you wanted Rodgers to stay, yes? Because he was so succesful yes? Because everything was so rosy and sunshine with him in charge? Because the future of the club was so great?
Then there's.....
"Klopp is doing no better with the team than what Rodgers was doing. The previous managers, including Rafa, were doing no better.

One thing that Klopp might bring is that he takes the cup competitions more seriously and in that sense we may get some silverware earlier, but again he has a bit of a better and deeper squad to do it with."
You again talking shit to make yourself look like you're aware what's going on.
I mean, I know you've stated you've just become a Liverpool fan in 2012 or whatever the *bleep* it was, but educate yourself PLEASE.
And no shit Klopp is doing no better than what Rodgers is doing. The team Rodgers ASSEMBLED is AVERAGE. Hell, the 2010 SQUAD under Roy Hodgson was SUPERIOR. The team Rodgers inherited was stronger than after he left. How long was he here again? How much did he spend? Or are you going to believe your cute chubby hubby and blame it all on the committee? You know the same way almost EVERY SINGLE CLUB IN THE WORLD operates?
As for your Rafa debate, you are aware in 2010 we, as a club, almost went into administration, yes? You are also aware that the competition was stronger in 2010, yes? Now, he did underachieve finishing 7th, but at the end of the day, he was fighting to keep the club ALIVE. He only had one eye on the pitch.

End of the day, Rodgers was shit and had to get sacked. Klopp has just came in. Give him at least a preseason before you PMS every *bleep* game. You're becoming boring.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:48 am

Oh come on James. You of all people ought to know you're in no position to make this comment Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 am

CBarca wrote:

Oh come on James. You of all people ought to know you're in no position to make this comment Laughing

I genuinely don't understand this comment.

Are you implying I didn't give Rodgers enough time? 2.5 years of me backing him 100% is ample time in my opinion.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:17 am

No, just that claiming that it's only taken 4 months for his true colors to show when one of your most noted features is your ability to flip flop on just about everything

Sorry m8, bustin chops today
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:51 am

Rodgers got deservedly sacked and so far Klopp hasn't got better results nor better performances - the latter annoyes me more - so it's understandable there's some frustration and disappointment among our fans.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:49 am

Red Alert wrote:
"Klopp is doing no better with the team than what Rodgers was doing. The previous managers, including Rafa, were doing no better.

One thing that Klopp might bring is that he takes the cup competitions more seriously and in that sense we may get some silverware earlier, but again he has a bit of a better and deeper squad to do it with."
You again talking shit to make yourself look like you're aware what's going on.
I mean, I know you've stated you've just become a Liverpool fan in 2012 or whatever the *bleep* it was, but educate yourself PLEASE.
And no shit Klopp is doing no better than what Rodgers is doing. The team Rodgers ASSEMBLED is AVERAGE. Hell, the 2010 SQUAD under Roy Hodgson was SUPERIOR. The team Rodgers inherited was stronger than after he left. How long was he here again? How much did he spend? Or are you going to believe your cute chubby hubby and blame it all on the committee? You know the same way almost EVERY SINGLE CLUB IN THE WORLD operates?

Same old tired stuff from you. I didn't say I became a Liverpool fan in 2012 (in fact I never said when I became a fan, but I've referenced watching the 2005 CL as well as having a Torres kit, now I'm not sure you can actually do the math on this but ok).

Pretty sure I pointed out Rodgers' talent evaluation and transfer issues as his major flaw and downfall at the club. But even if every club operated with a transfer committee that doesn't mean that ours is doing a good job, you dunce.

But again, this goes back your inability to understand what you are reading as I said Rodgers is not a bad coach tactically and pointed out Klopp was doing no better with his squad. I then went on to point out that Klopp's time here was going to hinge more on how he fared in the transfer market. All of which is true. You can try to twist that however you like, though.

As for your Rafa debate, you are aware in 2010 we, as a club, almost went into administration, yes? You are also aware that the competition was stronger in 2010, yes? Now, he did underachieve finishing 7th, but at the end of the day, he was fighting to keep the club ALIVE. He only had one eye on the pitch.

Because Rodgers didn't face any issues while he was at the club? Being forced to sell Suarez (almost twice), the brat Sterling undermining him for a paycheque, Gerrard's retirement and loss of form not to mention his own personal issues including a divorce, his son getting charged with sexual assault and his parents passing from cancer. The competition was not stronger in 2010 though.

Realistically you'll make excuses for managers you like and jump on managers you don't. You never thought Rodgers was big enough for Liverpool and that's fine, he's not here anymore. But at least stick to facts when making arguments instead of making shit up all the time.

End of the day, Rodgers was shit and had to get sacked. Klopp has just came in. Give him at least a preseason before you PMS every *bleep* game. You're becoming boring.  

When do I PMS every game? Again, you're doing the opposite of what you did with Rodgers. You ignored my criticism of Rodgers and went on and on about blind faith. Now you ignore my praise of Klopp (when I give it) and act like all I do is rag on him. Laughing You're sadly predictable. You obviously have some issues you need to deal with but I can't help you so this will be our last discussion.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:52 am

Cruijf wrote:People love to talk about how Pep is tactically inflexible but why has no one leveled the same accusation at Klopp? He's trying to play a fast paced high pressure game with players like James Milner, Jon Flanagan, and Jordan Henderson Laughing

I'll admit I haven't watched Liverpool much this season so maybe someone who does can correct me, but watching them now against Stoke is so bizarre. They're trying to play a high tempo game with players whose technical ability is very low and it's showing, they can't hold onto the ball for more than five seconds it seems.

The only playing style suitable for afore mentioned players is taking ball in hand an running through opposition defence but am Not sure that's legal. Hence klopp making them learn his style is more feasible option imo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:50 pm

rofl
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next