Tomwin Lannister
Cotes
salmano9
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Juventus VS Atletico Madrid Empty Juventus VS Atletico Madrid

Post by salmano9 Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Max Allegri reveals Alvaro Morata could start for Juventus against an Atletico Madrid side “reflects Diego Simeone’s character.”

The Bianconeri boss spoke at a Press conference ahead of tomorrow night’s Champions League clash at the Vicente Calderon.

“We must put in a great performance and try to come home with a positive result. It’s going to be a difficult game, as Atletico Madrid make sporting aggression and set plays their biggest strengths.

“I expect it to be a very technical match. This team reflects Simeone’s character with incredible mental strength, unity and pressing for 95 minutes.

“Let’s not forget Simeone led this team to victory in La Liga, losing the Champions League Final by just one minute.”

Curiously, Allegri was supposed to face Atletico Madrid in February, but Milan fired him before the games could be played and so Clarence Seedorf was on the bench.

“The draw has given me the opportunity to take on Atletico Madrid after all,” smiled the Coach.

Andrea Pirlo, Andrea Barzagli and Romulo are out of action, but Allegri is keeping fans guessing on who will partner Carlos Tevez.

“I will decide between Llorente and Morata in attack. Morata did well coming off the bench on Saturday against Atalanta, scored his first goal and I was very happy with that.

“Caceres could come back into the line-up. This will be a particularly good test for our defenders against very physical strikers like Mandzukic.”

Allegri was asked what his target was in this Champions League season, but would not be drawn into making statements.

“We should not set ourselves objectives, but simply do our best. The absolute minimum is to get through to the next round, then we’ll see how far we can go.”
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Juventus VS Atletico Madrid Empty Re: Juventus VS Atletico Madrid

Post by Cotes Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:37 am

idk...but I want Pereyra playing this game...
Aswell as Coman & Giovinco coming on as substitutes...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:06 am

Hopefully we see Morata & Tevez up front, Llorente looks a bit out of form these days.

If we can get 1 point here, I'll be satisfied. Huge week for Allegri.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:21 pm

We might play Llorente because it's an away game and he can help alleviate some pressure, our defence will be ran ragged especially with *Shudders* *bleep* Mario Mandzukic, so having the option to punt it in the general direction of a striker and actually retain possession is a plus point.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:00 pm

I'd honestly go with Morata over Llo for this one for his speed and benefit on the counter, Atl will pin us back hard in this game....

if we happen to take the lead and wanna preserve it then llo can come in at say 75th min and just hold up play.....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:18 pm

I could not care less with this game as i would gladly take a 10-0 loss if it meant we beat romerda the same on sunday.

But i dont see us losing this one and hope we wont take the field looking for a draw out of respect for what has been done at Atletico.

Of course i want CL progression but with the result obtained against Malmø i think this is a new era and i def think we have nothing to fear in europe this year.

Sundays game is whats on my mind so lets hope the guys get their confidence high after tonight. My prediction for tonight is 0-1 4ZA JUVE !!!
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:48 pm

[quote="BoBo"]I could not care less with this game as i would gladly take a 10-0 loss if it meant we beat romerda the same on sunday.

But i dont see us losing this one and hope we wont take the field looking for a draw out of respect for what has been done at Atletico.

Of course i want CL progression but with the result obtained against Malmø i think this is a new era and i def think we have nothing to fear in europe this year.

Sundays game is whats on my mind so lets hope the guys get their confidence high after tonight. My prediction for tonight is 0-1 4ZA JUVE !!![/quote]
WTF O.o

We don't need Morat ain this game, we need Llorente who can battle with Godin
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Juventus VS Atletico Madrid 1010488_731264606947916_5087198373024308931_n

Our third Jersey for today's game
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:57 pm

I know scratch just cant wait for sundays game to be WON and its hard to work when im crossing my fingers, legs and arms for Juve to get a win over ASS Roma.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:59 pm

BoBo wrote: I know scratch just cant wait for sundays game to be WON and its hard to work when im crossing my fingers, legs and arms for Juve to get a win over ASS Roma.

UCL > Serie A

btw ' In Italy hated, in Europe respected."

Juventus VS Atletico Madrid 10310607_792071144182729_6161969995335521946_n
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:16 pm

btw ' In Italy hated, in Europe respected."

True dat but i see Cl and Serie A as equally important.
Theese days CL is only for clubs not complying with finacial fair play except maybe for bayern.
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Atletico Madrid: Moya; Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Ansaldi; Koke, Tiago, Arda Turan; Saul; Raul Garcia; Mandzukic

Atletico Madrid bench: Oblak, Siqueira, Gimenez, Mario Suarez, Cerci, Griezmann, Raul Jimenez

Juventus: Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Marchisio, Pogba, Evra; Llorente, Tevez

Juventus bench: Storari, Ogbonna, Padoin, Asamoah, Pereyra, Morata, Giovinco
====
WOW, Coman not even on the bench!?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:33 pm

salmano9 wrote:Atletico Madrid: Moya; Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Ansaldi; Koke, Tiago, Arda Turan; Saul; Raul Garcia; Mandzukic

Atletico Madrid bench: Oblak, Siqueira, Gimenez, Mario Suarez, Cerci, Griezmann, Raul Jimenez

Juventus: Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Marchisio, Pogba, Evra; Llorente, Tevez

====

It's not that shocking. You can only have six players on the bench in CL. That means you're taking at least one GK, defender, two midfielders, and a couple of strikers. It would basically be between Giovinco, Pereyra, or Coman for the last two spots. Allegri probably wanted to go with proven experience. I don't love Padoin, but our CM and defensive midfielders are a bit thin at the moment.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:37 pm

Juventude wrote:
salmano9 wrote:Atletico Madrid: Moya; Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Ansaldi; Koke, Tiago, Arda Turan; Saul; Raul Garcia; Mandzukic

====

It's not that shocking. You can only have six players on the bench in CL. That means you're taking at least one GK, defender, two midfielders, and a couple of strikers. It would basically be between Giovinco, Pereyra, or Coman for the last two spots. Allegri probably wanted to go with proven experience. I don't love Padoin, but our CM and defensive midfielders are a bit thin at the moment.

Oh, I see then..
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:49 pm

salmano9 wrote:
Juventude wrote:

====

Oh, I see then..

Serie A has ridiculous 12 man benches.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:35 pm

First thing to do in second half? Change formation.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Juventude wrote:
salmano9 wrote:
Juventude wrote:

Oh, I see then..

Serie A has ridiculous 12 man benches.

Lol, yep, "to give chances to younger players"
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Does anyone have a good stream?
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:44 pm

I hate the way Atletico play. They just keep defending and score once, and go back to defending and wasting time. I couldn't watch the full game because it kept lagging and the streams kept going down. How do you guys think we did? From what I saw I thought we played well, but needed to create more chances. Llorente isn't playing very well nowadays, and he's really only good for holding up. He needs to start taking more shots. Vidal played well, but made a dangerous pass and couldn't shoot. Now I'm hoping we can beat Roma this weekend. I hope this loss doesn't bring our confidence down. Btw, how good are Olympiacos? I hope we beat them in two weeks.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Also, maybe we need a different formation against bigger teams. I also think we got too many yellow cards this game, some of them maybe could've been avoided.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:48 pm

We didn't play too and we got WAY too many yellow cards... And yeah, I hate the way they played too in the end...
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:49 pm

I think Llorente did well against 5 defenders on him at all times, the problem is that there are not any wingers to support him. Tevez and Lolrente against 10 defenders? Dont think so...

Roma is the only team with a chance, build like a CL team and even with noob CBs compared to Juve
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:06 pm

pls the ref was a joke. Atl.Madrid crushed our players in every duel they even kicked few of our players. The goal was avoidable.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:08 pm

Eivindo wrote:I think Llorente did well against 5 defenders on him at all times, the problem is that there are not any wingers to support him. Tevez and Lolrente against 10 defenders? Dont think so...

Roma is the only team with a chance, build like a CL team and even with noob CBs compared to Juve

We have a good team for the Champions League, it's just that we need a formation change against certain teams. For example, when we switched our formation vs Real Madrid last year we actually played pretty well in my opinion.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:15 pm

Llorente will never perform if he is played to as how Caparrós did in Athletic without any pace on the wings and in an advanced position with 0 freedom to drop deep which essentially makes him another target man.

Juventus were actually good tonight and dominated Atletico throughout most of the match.

Problem is, when you let Atleti off-the-ball so much you need to understand that they are content with that cause and need only their 1-2 chances to clinically end the game and brush the opposition off; Juve on the other hand not clinical enough.

Best player of the game Marchisio for Juventus despite the team defending well as a whole.

Not a bad result per say, if not unlucky as this was by far the most difficult fixture in the group.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next