Players that you never understood the hype

+52
julias
BORUSSIA!!
Mr Nick09
sportsczy
Dnmac4
Harmonica
chad4401
UnitedInRed
Donuts
Busby Babe
M99
Zealous
Abramovich
windkick
Nishankly
lszanto
FilthyLuca
zenmaster
farfan
sree999
nadinkrah
vivabarca38
BarrileteCosmico
CBarca
BusterLfc
Ganso
Collblanc
Onyx
Tomwin Lannister
Gil
Kaladin
The Franchise
Valkyrja
rwo power
terrance511
McLewis
futbol
Kick
Hapless_Hans
halamadrid2
LeSwagg James
LeBéninois
guest_07
Art Morte
Lex
nasir6371
httredskins47
Dutti
ExtremistEnigma
Lord Awesome
B-Mac
Robespierre
56 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Players that you never understood the hype

Post by Robespierre Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:57 am

Names ? hmm
Former and current players ...

I remind when all mentioned Palombo for Itaian NT. Always rated as a mediocre player

if I must say some important names, I say Lavezzi and Chiellini hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17064
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by B-Mac Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:09 am

Hazard

come at me Gil
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 8830
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:15 am

Bendtner?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 5994
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:24 am

David de Gea
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2535
Join date : 2013-02-27

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by Dutti Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:43 am

David Luiz - I've always questioned his level of defensive qualities since his Benfica days.

James Rodriguez - a great player, but does he deserve the #10 jersey at Madrid?
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 953
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by httredskins47 Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:47 am

Wilshere

httredskins47
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 40
Join date : 2013-08-16

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by nasir6371 Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:03 am

B-Mac wrote:Hazard

come at me Gil


I get the hype, Just that people are going over the top with it. Believing he is the best player in the PL and how is he a top 10 rated player on Fifa 15.

My issue with him: Too often he goes missing in big games and tends to disappear for portion of the season.Every time he played against us I wasn't impressed and was didn't effect the game as a player of his caliber/hype should


Wilshere
Claudio Marchisio
Origi


@Lord Awesome: Bendtner hype is a running joke.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 2167
Join date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by Lex Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:39 am

Nobody hyped Bendtner ffs rofl

Still waiting to be wowed by Rafael and Phil Jones, the best right back and defensive mid/defender/midfielder in the league, respectively
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15097
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:22 am

Jesus Navas

Luke Shaw
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18235
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by guest_07 Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:03 am

almost all star players nowadays

cause of lack of consistency, in other word, super inconsistency

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1893
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by LeBéninois Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:10 am

number 1 : Giovinco

Cleverly , phil jones , smalling Laughing I actually believed the hype.
Wilshere ( that game against Barca was terrific but he isn't Xavi or something ) , Andy Caroll, Banega, Ogbonna, Gourcuff

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4027
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by B-Mac Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:04 am

Lex wrote:Nobody hyped Bendtner ffs rofl

Still waiting to be wowed by Rafael and Phil Jones, the best right back and defensive mid/defender/midfielder in the league, respectively


Phil Jones is currently our best CB....if that's any consolation lol injuries have been his downfall so far, his form isn't the problem
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 8830
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by B-Mac Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:07 am

nasir6371 wrote:
B-Mac wrote:Hazard

come at me Gil


I get the hype, Just that people are going over the top with it. Believing he is the best player in the PL and how is he a top 10 rated player on Fifa 15.

My issue with him: Too often he goes missing in big games and tends to disappear for portion of the season.Every time he played against us I wasn't impressed and was didn't effect the game as a player of his caliber/hype should


Wilshere
Claudio Marchisio
Origi


@Lord Awesome: Bendtner hype is a running joke.


he is hyped to be reaching Messi/Ronaldo levels of goat

but in reality he will just be another very good player
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 8830
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:17 am

Biscuits
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:37 am

Wilshere
Busquets
James Rodriguez
Hazard
Vidal
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24028
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:03 am

Kroos
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34025
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by Kick Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:08 am

B-Mac wrote:
nasir6371 wrote:
B-Mac wrote:Hazard

come at me Gil


I get the hype, Just that people are going over the top with it. Believing he is the best player in the PL and how is he a top 10 rated player on Fifa 15.

My issue with him: Too often he goes missing in big games and tends to disappear for portion of the season.Every time he played against us I wasn't impressed and was didn't effect the game as a player of his caliber/hype should


Wilshere
Claudio Marchisio
Origi


@Lord Awesome: Bendtner hype is a running joke.


he is hyped to be reaching Messi/Ronaldo levels of goat

but in reality he will just be another very good player


He lacks consistancy, watch his goal (or Coleman's OG) against Everton, how many players can do that, let alone 10+ times a season?

Give him a couple years and he'll be one of the best in the world.

Anyway, my pick goes to Origi.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by futbol Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:53 am

Hames: self-explanatory, not a € 80M player

Cristiano Ronaldo: quite the 1-dimensional volume shooter, compared to Messi all the time which justifies his inclusion in this discussion

Bale: very very poor man's Ronaldo

Thiago Alcantara: played about 2 meaningful games in the past 3 years

Ribery: Ballon d'Or top 3 in a season where Robben was the main man. At least the tide has turned now after Robben's World Cup and he gets some recognition.

Neuer: best goalkeeper in the world for sure but top 3 in the European Player Of The Year Award ahead of the likes of Messi and Suarez based on some sweeping against Algeria? smh

Lahm: one of those players who no one watches in Bundesliga except 1 or 2 Bundesliga fans and thus is exempt from any scrutiny based on a handful international games. I've been hearing that he's the best RB in the world for almost 10 years now, even in seasons where he played LB or DM.

Victor Valdes: gets advertised as the "best GK in Barca history" when it should be "luckiest". His records will get exposed when Claudio Bravo and 20 year old ter Stegen will concede less than him this season. The defensive numbers of Barcelona in recent years were hugely down to the dominance of the field players, not Valdes. Bravo has yet to make a save after 2 games and Valdes has actually played in an even more dominant Barca sides. Just another Barthez or Dida.

Pique: clown

Juan Mata: He deceived almost everyone except Betty and me when he was stat-pad-poaching some goals and assists in the Europa League and lesser Cup competitions for Chelsea.

Özil: advertised as the "best #10 in the world". Since his move to Arsenal can't keep up his main asset (topping the assist charts) and even costs Arsenal a few goals with defensive indiscipline. Barely a level above Cazorla let alone David Silva. Fabregas and Di Maria will also outperform him this season.

Alexis Sanchez: has some nice actions here and there but his overall game is very flawed, far from consistent and he has tremendous confidence issues.

Thiago Silva since 13/14: advertised as the best defender in the world. Has been declining badly after his first season in France.

Wilshere: Still living off the hype from that 1 Barca game where he did some great defensive work 4 years ago. Hasn't shown anything extraordinary ever since.

Juventus' entire team except Pirlo.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11243
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:59 am

Oh I forgot Alexis lol

Lol at your Lahm explanation it's actually true you know, oh and I also feel Neuer gets overrated because of his sweeping but fact is a lot of those sweeps have gone straight to an opposition player, great goalie but I feel he gets very overrated and is not the best in the world
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24028
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by McLewis Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:10 am

Alessio Cerci

Forget that he's a Roma youth product. He's a good player, but goodness me....he's leagues away from being the "Italian Henry".

There can be only one Henry.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 13043
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by guest_07 Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:10 am

Fußball wrote:Hames: self-explanatory, not a € 80M player

Cristiano Ronaldo: quite the 1-dimensional volume shooter, compared to Messi all the time which justifies his inclusion in this discussion

Bale: very very poor man's Ronaldo

Thiago Alcantara: played about 2 meaningful games in the past 3 years

Ribery: Ballon d'Or top 3 in a season where Robben was the main man. At least the tide has turned now after Robben's World Cup and he gets some recognition.

Neuer: best goalkeeper in the world for sure but top 3 in the European Player Of The Year Award ahead of the likes of Messi and Suarez based on some sweeping against Algeria? smh

Lahm: one of those players who no one watches in Bundesliga except 1 or 2 Bundesliga fans and thus is exempt from any scrutiny based on a handful international games. I've been hearing that he's the best RB in the world for almost 10 years now, even in seasons where he played LB or DM.

Victor Valdes: gets advertised as the "best GK in Barca history" when it should be "luckiest". His records will get exposed when Claudio Bravo and 20 year old ter Stegen will concede less than him this season. The defensive numbers of Barcelona in recent years were hugely down to the dominance of the field players, not Valdes. Bravo has yet to make a save after 2 games and Valdes has actually played in an even more dominant Barca sides. Just another Barthez or Dida.

Pique: clown

Juan Mata: He deceived almost everyone except Betty and me when he was stat-pad-poaching some goals and assists in the Europa League and lesser Cup competitions for Chelsea.

Özil: advertised as the "best #10 in the world". Since his move to Arsenal can't keep up his main asset (topping the assist charts) and even costs Arsenal a few goals with defensive indiscipline. Barely a level above Cazorla let alone David Silva. Fabregas and Di Maria will also outperform him this season.

Alexis Sanchez: has some nice actions here and there but his overall game is very flawed, far from consistent and he has tremendous confidence issues.

Thiago Silva since 13/14: advertised as the best defender in the world. Has been declining badly after his first season in France.

Wilshere: Still living off the hype from that 1 Barca game where he did some great defensive work 4 years ago. Hasn't shown anything extraordinary ever since.

Juventus' entire team except Pirlo.


good explanation, well done

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1893
Join date : 2013-10-16

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by terrance511 Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:24 am

pique
ramos
busquest
illarra
bale
walcott
oscar
sturidge
also, 70m pogba? lol
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1296
Join date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:38 am

Fußball wrote:Neuer: best goalkeeper in the world for sure but top 3 in the European Player Of The Year Award ahead of the likes of Messi and Suarez based on some sweeping against Algeria? smh
Manuel Neuer is the best GK in the world based on his performances over many years so far. He was stellar at Schalke already, set up a new record of clean sheets at Bayern, had 86.2 save percentage in the 2013/14 season, he managed a series of 1147 consecutive minutes without conceding a goal over all club competitions (in that he is only behind all-time leaders Edwin van der Sar, Abel Resino Gomez and Vitor Baia) etc pp
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by Valkyrja Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:41 am

Neuer. Wasn't the best GK last year by no way and also not the best at the WC. Still, his best ever season was his last at Schalke. He has never reached that heights at Bayern or with the NT.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11266
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by Robespierre Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:07 am

guest_07 wrote:

good explanation, well done


Agreed Thumbs up
Ah I think   same thing  of Fussball about Valdes , forgot to mention it
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17064
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Players that you never understood the hype Empty Re: Players that you never understood the hype

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum