Tomwin Lannister
Juventude
Andrew
MMM
Juveman17
S
10 posters

Go down

What do you feel about this yr's mercato ?

Rate our mercato Vote_lcap67%Rate our mercato Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 6 ]
Rate our mercato Vote_lcap0%Rate our mercato Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Rate our mercato Vote_lcap11%Rate our mercato Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Rate our mercato Vote_lcap22%Rate our mercato Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Rate our mercato Empty Rate our mercato

Post by S Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:40 am

IN :

Alvaro Morata-€20m
Stefano Sturaro-€5.5m
Romulo-€1m loan(+ €6m option to buy)
Roberto Pereyra-€1.5m loan(+€14m obligation to buy + €1.5 m in bonuses valid until 2020)
Patrice Evra-~€2m
Kingsley Coman-Free
Luca Marrone-€5m
Mauricio Isla-€4.5m(for redeeming the other half)
Cristian Pasquato-€1.5m

Total : €40.5m

OUT :
Simone Zaza-€7.5m
Ciro Immobile-€8m
Federico Peluso-€4.5m
Mirko Vucinic-€6.3m
Fabio Quagliarella-€3.5m
Mauricio Isla-€1.2m Loan(+ €10m option to buy)

Total : €31m

Net Expenditure : €10.5m

I'll post my thoughts later.

Last edited by S on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Rate our mercato Empty Re: Rate our mercato

Post by Juveman17 Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:33 am

Definitely satisfied but not ecstatic.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:21 am

Last season we had a great starting 11 and a weak bench. we were predictable an fragile with any possible injuries. this year we have wisely strengthened the weakness with that ridiculous amount of money, in an inflated market, and offload many unnecessary players. we could reinforce the defence as our defenders are old and slow, but apparently we decided to give ogbonna and co another chance. Caceres is turning to a Juve starting level player gradually and that's relieving.
I don't believe we need another striker and our midfield is complete.
my only concern is the money we paid for isla, I don't see that as a good investment since we may never be able to find a good buyer. we could sign Rabiot with that money, but we will never know what happened between the clubs.
in overall, Well done Marotta, even though we were just lucky on many occasions.
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:29 pm

If we sold either Pogba or Vidal early on the transfer window then everything would be different, but since we chose not to sell and our budget was as limited as it always is then I can say that I'm pretty satisfied.

In a world where Italian teams cannot even dream to compete economically with other top European clubs, we did well. We've kept our best players, got rid of a lot of deadwood and brought in some new promising players.

Perhaps we could have done better on the striker department though.

For example, wasn't Mandzukic available for the same amount we gave for Morata ? From what I've read Atheltico signed Mandzukic for €22m and we gave €20 for Morata.

The kid might be promising but Mandzukic is already a top striker and at a good age.

Anyway, as I said above I'm pretty satisfied.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:38 pm

I'm undecided. I need to see how players like Pereyra and Romulo perform. After adding Morata, I felt that we really needed quality wide attacking players and I'm not really convinced that we addressed that position. However, maybe Pereyra and Coman can help address that need. If players don't step up at the wide attacking positions, I think we will lack the ability to be flexible in our formations and we may struggle again in UCL.

I'll reserve my judgment on the market when I see how some of these additions fit in to our tactics.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:08 pm

Juventude wrote:I'm undecided. I need to see how players like Pereyra and Romulo perform. After adding Morata, I felt that we really needed quality wide attacking players and I'm not really convinced that we addressed that position. However, maybe Pereyra and Coman can help address that need. If players don't step up at the wide attacking positions, I think we will lack the ability to be flexible in our formations and we may struggle again in UCL.

I'll reserve my judgment on the market when I see how some of these additions fit in to our tactics.

This is how i exactly feel about the mercato although i definitely believe we'll do better than last season in the CL for sure regardless of the needed quality we lack offensively.Imo to be fair,apart from a string of poor performances,bad luck also contributed to our demise in the CL so i dont see another bad season as far as Europe is concerned,at worst we'll make round of 16 which can be considered an ok-ish/mediocre result.
Like you said,a quality wide attacking player would've been of great help for us if we are to make an impact in Europe.The jury's still out on signings like Pereyra and Morata.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:13 pm

Long story short is was solid however now our bench is pretty young and we're 2 deep in every position and then some... we have no excuse not to get 1 high profile player next Summer

This was an acceptable Summer, especially after taking a hit in CL revenue but next Summer with a lot more CL money, new deals and no need to buy depth we NEED to make ONE proper signing. If not, then our club should quite simply be sold to somebody who will invest in us properly, and not expect us to do everything ourselves whilst dropping hundreds of millions on a cricket team.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:38 pm

4.5/10, could change if Coman and Morata explode to say 7/10

disappointing mercato apart from adding Coman and Morata, should have got Iturbe or Shaqiri........

Pereyra was unneeded and am not sold on him and never will, 17m forced purchase for someone who will have a fringe role in our team :facepalm:, with Coman's rise and if he plays to his PSG abilities, I can already see Pereyra has already been relegated to the bench and gladly so.....

it will be retarded of Allegri if he doesn't field Coman alongside Tevez behind Llorente with Morata as Llo back up.....

going with the skillset for the wide role, Giovinco is clearly second behind Coman, so that makes the Pereyra purchase really useless, hopefully we can get Udinese to lower it to say 9m or we can tell them to gtfo ad take him back to Udinese.... (of course not damaging our friendship with them though)

good thing we kept Arturo and Pogba also.....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:10 pm

Not quite ecstatic, but more than satisfied. We broufht in all the depth we needed, got rid of the unneeded, and kept hold of the big stars. Keeping hold of Vidal feels like a signing in itself. Still, wouldve been nice to have gotten one of Shaqiri, Podolski, etc.  But now we have some serious depth that shouldnt be overlooked. Also looks like were headed towards a 4-3-3.

--Buffon/Storari--
--Lichsteiner/Caceres-- --Barzagli/Bonucci-- --Chiellini/Ogbonna-- --Evra/Asamoah--
--Vidal/Romulo-- --Pirlo/Marrone/Sturaro-- --Marchisio/Pogba--
--Coman/Pereyra-- --Llorente/Morata-- --Tevez/Giovinco--

Thats a very strong, very deep team right there.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:07 am

It was clear that we were not going to sign any top player this season,not without selling one of our best players first.However I think we did good,we missed some depth in our team,other seasons we were forced to play our best midfielders almost any match.Now we have Pereyra,Romulo and Marrone good enough to play against Serie A weaker teams and give our top players a rest for CL.We added Morata and Coman in attack very good talents for the future and sold Quaglia and Vuci both over 30.
I know all fans want to see Juve sign top players again but this season adding depth was more important and keeping our best players is a top signing itself.
I would rate our mercato 7/10
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:11 am

Next summer I think we mostly need a top defender.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:59 am

juvealbanian wrote:It was clear that we were not going to sign any top player this season,not without selling one of our best players first.However I think we did good,we missed some depth in our team,other seasons we were forced to play our best midfielders almost any match.Now we have Pereyra,Romulo and Marrone good enough to play against Serie A weaker teams and give our top players a rest for CL.We added Morata and Coman in attack very good talents for the future and sold Quaglia and Vuci both over 30.
I know all fans want to see Juve sign top players again but this season adding depth was more important and keeping our best players is a top signing itself.
I would rate our mercato 7/10
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down