RealGunner
Onyx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
24 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

PES 15 - Page 4 Empty Re: PES 15

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:48 pm

I just played 10 games on the demo; I think this is the most well rounded football game to date.

•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Konami's unsurprising *bleep* up for the release of the demo aside, I played 10 minutes on PS4 and I can't believe this will be out as a new generation game. The graphics look awfully dated, especially after playing it right after the FIFA demo. You wonder a few times you're playing on PS3 but it is actually PS4. The anti-aliasing is poor, the lighting system looks dull and the skins look low resolution. Also player models look fat compared to the Gamescom videos.

All I can say no way in hell I'm going to dish out €55 on the new generation release when PC version is €20.

I'll play a few matches and let you know how it plays. But I can already tell lots of people will be disappointed with the visual straight away and refrain from buying it.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:30 pm

Really not seeing the visual issues tbh.

It looks every bit as good graphically in terms of stadiums, player models, pitches etc as Fifa does.( well when it comes to side by side licenced ones anyway can't really compare fake stadiums lol)

Of course Fifa does the presentation in terms of licenses and menus better and probably always will.

I haven't played the game though and likely won't for a long time but everyone else can as it's out in America tomorrow and Europe on Wednesday.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Not seeing the visuals probably cause you haven't played it  Razz

FIFA simply looks better on a different level. Animations aside (I suspect FIFA have as many as 4 times the number of animations as PES), PES plays at a lower resolution to FIFA, for example from a distance, the models looks awfully grainy and blurred when you have them side by side with FIFA. Moreover you get FPS issues (on PS4 at least) when zoomed out on the stadium but that is just during the initial presentation and doesn't affect the gameplay itself. I'm also convinced they have changed player models from Gamescom, the all look stocky now. Someone like Neymar looks skinny in real life but he looks blatantly waist heavy in PES. And don't get me started on the pitch itself, it just looks like carpet I'm not sure because of the low resolution/lack of detail or the lighting system. Whatever it is it looks quite poor.

Don't get me wrong the gameplay on PES is not bad, save for a few nuisances we've got used to with PES (such as manual 'super cancel') but it simply isn't enough to scare EA off at all. It is a better game than PES 2014 which isn't quite an achievement and it is quite fun so I will buy it for PC but nothing like 'the king is back' or other crap PES fan sites try to make you believe. It is just an okay game after a disastrous previous release.

Demo out in Europe tomorrow so you'll get to play it for yourself. Well, if Konami don't screw up last minute again that is.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:20 pm

On the contrary most of the people I have seen praising it are not even PES sites and it's mostly Fifa players ( not sure what that means though)

In fact PES sites are doing the opposite to the extent of pure paranoia lol.

I have watched gameplay of both games and graphical wise I don't see much of a jump between the two. They both do certain things better than the other but as far as the overall package goes I'm not seeing the difference you describe.

Neither is anyone else from what I have seen so far most seem to state the difference in visuals is very small and they both do better certain things better than the other.

I won't talk about gameplay as I haven't played it and won't do for a long time but it's been pretty much praised universely for that and not just on pes sites like you claim, pretty much everyone is including Fifa youtubers lol.

Unless they *bleep* it up which is entirely possible but the praise for its gameplay is pretty much universal, I have not seen a single person say a negative thing about how it plays.

Well until you anyway Razz

Anyway back to the visuals you don't really need to play the game to see if it's shit or not, even if it was worse than Fifa it's definitely not shit enough to effect sales but other things might do that granted.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:34 pm

I will give you the pitches though, Fifa's are noticeably better and the added bonus of they actually wear and tear.

I was saying in general though, overall I don't see a massive difference in visuals tbh like for example the player models in PES are definitely better.

That's me though, my eye might be bad I was never one to notice the fine details like some can.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:29 pm

The hype is real imo, just been playing 360 demo and the gameplay is outstanding.

Haven't enjoyed playing a football game like this since PES 6 on the *bleep* PS2.

Pass assist on one bar is dream like, never felt such control over passing on my life.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:15 pm

Just played the demo on the PS3 and PS4.

I see what what Danyjr is saying about the visuals, they barely look any different on the console, does look like it has taken a step-back from what they have shown at Gamescon.

However, the gameplay on both systems feel a lot more crisp, more rewarding and responsive. I actually feel like I finally have control of the players completely and the moves I make on the pitch feel a lot more controlled than they did in PES 2014.

I will say this, I get the same feeling as when I play COD on Current Gen and Next -Gen. No actual difference at all really. Same could be said for Fifa to an extent.

Nice to see the Fifa community actually playing the PES demo and liking it though.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:16 pm

What's the difference in gameplay features on the PS4? Out of interest.

Gameplay is really great IMO, it has the fun factor that the old PES games did and how each goal felt really rewarding and different.

I already said that the passing on one bar support is absolutely fantastic, feels completely free and in complete control.

Done some absolutely wonderful passing moves due to it, the other thing that I really like is the player ID as each player likeness as in how they play. Everything from how they run, pass and shoot and dribble etc.

Which was always a key thing of why I liked PES on PS2, the other thing I really like is how deep the tactics are and specifically the fluid formations part. Each team has a system for when you start the game, when you are in possession and when you defend.

Makes each game feel unique as playing Madrid is drastically different to playing Barca or Juventus.

I like it anyway and the majority of feedback from what I have read seems overwhelmingly positive, but we haven't seen the modes and the netcode yet. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:51 pm

Having played both FIFA and PES for a good 5-6 hours each I'm going to have a comparison between FIFA (online) and PES (offline).

First of all FIFA is just more fast paced. I feel it is more fun than last year's instalment and you can definitely score in more variety than any previous FIFA title. Despite the added fun factor, what I don't like about FIFA 15 is how it is geared towards the attackers. Unless I don't know how to defend or tackle, it seems the physicality is gone and the attackers always have an advantage. Cut-ins from wide are overpowered and abused (by myself too) and passing is just artificially accurate to the point that you find yourself holding down the pass button regardless of how pressed you are because you can make an accurate pass from defence to attack in fractions of the second by simply holding down the pass button. I feel not only this is unrealistic, it promotes abusive behaviour. This is due to a poor defensive AI in closing down passes as well as assisted passing setting being too easy to pull off. Also FIFA's lightning system is actually not that great on consoles, gives a bit of a zombie feeling in some faces, like PES 2012.

Regarding PES I maintain that it is visually sub-par. Animations, lighting, resolution, anti-aliasing, you name it, visually speaking FIFA wins at every category. But PES makes up for these by bringing back player individuality. Konami have done some good work on getting player stats work again and there are some player-specific animations which are brilliantly crafted. But I feel this is limited to a handful of top players.

Regarding tactics both games lack variety but PES even more so than before. For example I don't understand why there are only two tactical options (all-out attacking or all-out defending) which are not even that effective. And where is the middle ground?

Comparing PES 2014 and PES 2015, the latter is improved a lot. Passing just feels good, goalkeepers behave much better, the game is more responsive (save for a few consistently annoying but not game-breaking bugs), switching system is finally getting there and overall it is a fun game that you are willing to ignore its nuisances for those good moments. Is it enough to justify spending an extra €25 or so on it for new generation consoles where there are minimal improvements? As far as I can tell from the demo, certainly not.

As much as PES has improved, it still leaves a bitter taste in your mouth thinking this game would have been great two years ago but not now. Konami need to do more and I hope having an extra month will have them develop the game further.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:11 pm

Seriously? Tactical side is probably the best and most deepest thing about the game.

All the options plus the new Fluid formations feature which really is a gamechanger for me. Plus minimal improvements is unfair IMO at least on the gameplay side as it's clearly the best it's been since the PS2 era. PES 2014 wasn't even fun.

As I said earlier the way the game plays is like the old PES where the individualism of the players was instantly noticeable, goals scored were rewarding and unique and overall it was just fun.

What PES can you say that about since PES 6? None really.

I would go into a more in depth analysis of it but I can only judge the gameplay as it's a demo and that part truly is what it was.

Is the rest of it not good enough to take out FIFA? Probably not but I know nothing about the other stuff comment.

I just vastly disagree on the tactical side, it's more important than ever and the gameplay is much better than previous ps3/360 iterations.

Out of curiosity what nuisances are you talking about? I have one which is very frustrating but I'm hoping that will be fixed for launch.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:22 pm

FYI I'M not saying it's the best football game ever or perfect or anything.

But it's vastly improved in every facet and is actually fun to play again, even if that's all it is that's a massive step in the right direction IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Konami should hire this guy :bow:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:33 pm

I think he got hired by Konami France.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:41 pm

Oh Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:08 pm

The game looks good :bow:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:37 pm

#PES2015 Live Updates - weekly revisions for player stats, starting line-ups, transfers, team tactics, and more - will arrive every Thursday

Knew about stats but not the line ups and tactics part hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:03 pm

Out in Nov right?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:18 pm

Yeah.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:29 pm

FIFA gonna be a 1 month rental at this rate Laughing

Everything I seen leads me to believe the same thing. FIFA gone full out arcade-fun while PES trying to actually do this realistic football thing. I think ill appreciate the effort.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Will the PS4 version be moddable like the PS3 version? (ala official badges and teams etc)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:33 pm

One week for me Laughing

Doubt I'll play it much once 2K15 comes out, but my copy of FIFA came as part of my PS4 bundle so I'm ok with it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:37 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Will the PS4 version be moddable like the PS3 version? (ala official badges and teams etc)

Don't see why not, at least I haven't heard anything that suggests it won't.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:One week for me Laughing

Doubt I'll play it much once 2K15 comes out, but my copy of FIFA came as part of my PS4 bundle so I'm ok with it.

Oh shame, forgot NBA is just next week. I got the same bundle as you, we in the same boat Laughing

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:55 pm

Gonna get PES this year. Only thing I'll play on FIFA is clubs.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Im not sure exactly the reason, but in FIFA you can get from winning the ball in defence to getting 1 v 1 in 2-4 passes WAY too often.

Think about a real match, how often do players counter attack so effectively? Maybe 3-4 times a game at best?

Maybe its because the passing over distance is too accurate, perhaps because you can play 1-2 touch football with too many ease, maybe because the defence are out of position too easily..I dunno the reason but it seems too often.

To me, PES looks like it requires alot more thought.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum: