windkick
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Winter is Coming
The Franchise
34 posters

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by Donuts Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:26 am

I think they are definitely much weaker then compared to last season, no di maria, no more xabi getting away with red card tackles and hopefully less hunger after winning the champions league.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:09 am

windkick wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Man Utd not started well...Van Gaal predicted a slow start but still.

1-0 to MK Dons as we speak.

3 clubs I absolutely LOVE to watch lose, and they Utd, R. Madrid and Chelsea.

So, needless to say I am getting a major kick out of Utd's run of form since Moyes took over Smile

Watching United lose is great. Isn't the same thrill I get with Madrid and Chelsea though. Watching Madrid and Chelsea lose makes my week.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:10 am

Yeah, Madrid dont worry me. They can sign who they like, the team hasnt got balance.

Gustavo would be a good signing for them, he would actually give them some. Him, Kroos and Modric would be a very good midfield. Trouble is, they going to want to fit James in also which means at some points not playing Gustavo.

They are going to create a team which is weaker than the sum of its parts at this rate.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:49 pm

yea on top of that, they seem to play with less confidence without Ronaldo than we do with ought Messi. Maybe it's because our players are drilled into a system of play, while they don't really have that identity we have. And Ronaldo has been injured allot since a few months before the season ended last year, so who knows if he drops again once the season starts rolling. The World Cup didn't really give the guy a proper summer to rehab his injuries. Plus they will probably keep using Iker in the important games like they did last year lol Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Real Madrid star Ronaldo claimed the FIFA Ballon d'Or for 2013 to end Lionel Messi's run of successes for the award but the Portuguese insists the perception he is involved in a personal battle with the Barcelona forward is wide of the mark.

"The rivalry is formed by the press," he told TVI, according to AS. "I have no rivalry with Messi. We face each other professionally and have a normal relationship."

Asked about those who believe Messi is superior, he replied: "You cannot please everyone, it is normal. I have to respect all opinions -- my life does not depend on what people think."

He remained diplomatic when pressed as to who he believed was the better player but was confident he is the world's best.

"Nobody is better or worse," he said. "Everyone does their job and tries to give the best for their team or country. Both of us want to be the best. I believe that in my profession I am the best and I work hard for that. In my head, I always think I'm better."

this dude
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:44 pm

What did you guys make of the CL draw for the other teams?

Always fun to see Madrid players drawing the balls for the 148th year in a row.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:10 pm

Dortmund V Arsenal and Bayern V City

Are overplayed for me. Tho Roma in the Bayern and City group will make it lively perhaps Pep most difficult group stage opponents and with the injuries will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Atlético and Juventus will be an interesting contest.

Chelsea as usually easy group. RM only contest is Pool, which shouldn't be that difficult.

Group C (Benfica,  Bayer, Monaco, Zenit) and Group H (Bilbao, Porto, BATE, Shakhtar) will be probably most evenly matched groups were all teams have the possibility of progressing with the exception of perhaps BATE.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:16 pm

The Franchise wrote:What did you guys make of the CL draw for the other teams?

Always fun to see Madrid players drawing the balls for the 148th year in a row.

They might as well rename the ceremony the Real Madrid drawing
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:16 pm

Real Madrid and Chelsea getting easy groups as usual :facepalm:

I'm not happy with our group...
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:37 pm

Im not happy but not worried. Ajax try and play football, and now we arent playing Martinohoofball we should dominate them in possession and that always leads to defeat for Ajax.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:07 pm

CBarca wrote:Real Madrid and Chelsea getting easy groups as usual :facepalm:

I'm not happy with our group...

As usual ? Sorry that I post in the Barca section but this guy is :facepalm: . Please tell me in what season did u have a harder group than us ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:52 pm

Real Madrid losing 4-2 against Sociedad Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:56 pm

that unbalanced midfield, just as I said a few pages back.

Hope this doesn't prompt Flo to panic buy an entire new team tomorrow, though.

And not long before Iker gets benched for good
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:21 pm

windkick wrote:And not long before Iker gets benched for good

For Barcelona's good or Madrid's? hmm
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:24 am

If it was up to me, they would keep him in goal for the next 5 years and beyond. He is a blessing Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:26 am

Arsenal sign Welbeck. Thoughts?

For me, I feel it puts a downer on what looked like a promising window.

Debuchy and Alexis were great moves. Chambers looks a talent.

They needed a 3rd choice CB, but at the very least a real holding midfielder and prolific striker. Got none of them.

I dont know what Wenger is playing at. Maybe I was just decieved into thinking he finally "got it" when he signed Alexis and Ozil. They fell right into his lap when Madrid and Barca signed Suarez and Bale...without those moves, who knows what would have happened?

Very disappointed. Arsenal finding a way to cap themselves every season, if its not injuries its signings.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:47 pm

I could end up eating my words, but Welbeck is a terrible signing.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:08 pm

The Franchise wrote:Arsenal sign Welbeck. Thoughts?

They needed a 3rd choice CB, but at the very least a real holding midfielder and prolific striker. Got none of them.

I dont know what Wenger is playing at. Maybe I was just decieved into thinking he finally "got it" when he signed Alexis and Ozil. They fell right into his lap when Madrid and Barca signed Suarez and Bale...without those moves, who knows what would have happened?

Very disappointed. Arsenal finding a way to cap themselves every season, if its not injuries its signings.

I agree with you but it's better than relying on Sonogo as a 3rd/2nd choice striker no? Welbeck is a decent player. Better than Sonogo for sure.

Really this is a signing I expected earlier on in the summer, not in the crucial days where Arsenal needed players in the positions you mention.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:16 pm

I mentioned in the General forum Welbeck is a player I like a lot but I haven't found a position where he would excel and blossom into a top player nor I think he is what Arsenal really needed.

I mean looking at their squad they have Sanogo, Sánchez, Podolski, Giroud, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Campbell and Cazorla, players who can play as either winger/side striker or striker. So adding Welbeck doesn't really make sense to an overcrowded attacking line. Yet Arsenal's midfield is relatively underwhelming and I'm not really too sure about Debuchy. He is a step down from Sagna in my opinion but he was declining any way so it may end up becoming an okay move.

I think Arsenal have what it takes to challenge for EPL but they have to be lucky with injuries especially in midfield and defence.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:22 am

Wenger really annoys me. Apparently was only like 3-5M off the asking price for that Carvahlo kid, and he goes back to cheapskate mode. It's a area that needed to be strengthened and he does nothing.

As far as Welbeck; I'm not sold on the guy but maybe he blossoms the way Sturridge did after he left Chelsea. What other realistic options did he have out there to get? Plus while I don't think Welbeck is the answer they needed up front, I can say he's atleast more ready to play than Sonogbo. Had he landed Carvahlo and Welbeck then you could of said they had a succesful window, but per the norm for Wenger, got everyone excited and fell just short of doing something great
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:38 am

It's interesting, really. Did Arsenal have a good window or not?

They made some great transfers and improved the team, yet Wenger has continued to ignore the most crucial areas of the squad that truly need improving.

Sounds a bit like us in a way, tbh. They needed a prolific striker and got Welbeck just like we needed a world class CB and got Mathieu and Verm instead. Meanwhile they got a class player in Alexis while we got one in Suarez, but both teams probably could have done without them, really- even if they improve the squad.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:28 am

Yea, we are very similar i agree.

I think with Wenger its his tight ass money approach, while with us its our ignorance that we believe everything is fine
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:22 am

CBarca wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Arsenal sign Welbeck. Thoughts?

I agree with you but it's better than relying on Sonogo as a 3rd/2nd choice striker no? Welbeck is a decent player. Better than Sonogo for sure.

Really this is a signing I expected earlier on in the summer, not in the crucial days where Arsenal needed players in the positions you mention.

No question, better than Sonogo and at 23 maybe Welbeck can improve. But if im an Arsenal fan, im just dissapointed.

Chelsea have Drogba, Costa and Remy....Utd, Falcao, RVP and Rooney....City, Aguero, Jovetic, Dzeko...Pool, Sturridge, Balo, Lambert....Sanago and Welbeck just feels so much of a step down.

If im an Arsenal fan, I would have liked to see guys like Bacca, Bony, Paco, Cavani (perhaps too costly), Jackson Martinez and the likes.

Why even wait last minute, could of gone earlier for Manzukic or someone like that.

Its not even just Welbeck's level, its a strage fit isnt it? Yes they will get goals from midfield (Ramsey, Alexis and returning Walcott) but surely they need a guy who can give them around 20 goals? I dont see Welbeck doing that THIS SEASON, if at all. Welbeck has other things in his arsenal, some of them very impressive, but goals arent one. He doesnt seem like he is hungry to score them.

Last edited by The Franchise on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:24 am

windkick wrote:Wenger really annoys me. Apparently was only like 3-5M off the asking price for that Carvahlo kid, and he goes back to cheapskate mode. It's a area that needed to be strengthened and he does nothing.

As far as Welbeck; I'm not sold on the guy but maybe he blossoms the way Sturridge did after he left Chelsea. What other realistic options did he have out there to get? Plus while I don't think Welbeck is the answer they needed up front, I can say he's atleast more ready to play than Sonogbo. Had he landed Carvahlo and Welbeck then you could of said they had a succesful window, but per the norm for Wenger, got everyone excited and fell just short of doing something great

I dont think he can blossom like Sturridge to be frank. I've heard this comparison a few times since it went down. I dont see it because Sturridge ALWAYS seemed talented. Welbeck isnt devoid of talent by any means but I dont see explosive talent like Sturridge has.

As for other options, I think there were quite a few. See above.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Options if Wenger wanted to spend, which he doesnt. So landing players like Cavani and Alexis in the same window would probably keep Wenger up at night. He refuses to budge on his philosophy. As mentioned, he was only 3-5M off the asking price for Carvalho and he walked away.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:41 pm

Which is what disappointed me greatly. I thought Wenger had finally realised, or accepted the challenge of really going for the title.

Still, Welbeck didnt cost that much less than Mandzukic did he?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 21  Next