windkick
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Winter is Coming
The Franchise
34 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:10 pm

United lose 5-3 lol

Should Pep and Bayern Munich gone for Di Maria? He's just simply amazing and too good for that mediocre United side. I feel him being Robben successor would've been a massive for them. I also feel he's Pep type of player.

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Rest of the Football World Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Rest of the Football World Thread

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:06 pm

Any team in the world would improve with Di Maria, I do know that.

Man Utd are on the edge of turning it around despite today though. They had the game under control untill the ref screwed them, then they mentally crumbled. That mental part comes from all the difficulties they have had post Sir Alex but they arent far away from being a good team.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:02 pm

First time I have ever felt bad for Chelsea fans.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:40 pm

Such a horrible performance. Didnt even try and play.

All their key forward players (Cesc, Costa, Hazard) were woeful.

Luis rotting on the bench.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:02 pm

For once in this football world we are not the laughing stock of the defence... Laughing
Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Man U, Liverpool and many more don't stop conceding goals against scrubs
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:First time I have ever felt bad for Chelsea fans.

I have zero sympathy for them. they dug there own grave.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Why do people ignore City? They did just win the league.

It is quite funny, it does mostly come from what I'd call " casual" PL watchers though.

They have the best squad, the most firepower and they won the league last season while never really getting out of 3rd gear for most of the season.

They have significantly improved their depth since then and unlike last year they have actually won away from home before Christmas lol.

Which won't happen again, imo they'll win it again and if they don't they'll be the team to beat.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Bankz wrote:Doubt liverpool can mount any challenge with baLoLtelli..chelsea are runaway favourites followed by man u.

Utd won't finish top 4. Plenty of other teams with better chemistry with good enough squads to finish high above. Utd is about as thrown together as you get can, and tried to cover up the weaknesses with band aids, but still have a long way to go before getting the chemistry down. Look at how crap they have looked and have only played the promoted teams or teams that were fighting relegation last year. Can't wait to see how they do when they actually face the big boys
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:First time I have ever felt bad for Chelsea fans.

Why?

They support the type of football that was on show against Man City and the manager in charge of it. The fact that Lampard came on and then scored a late equalizer is karma.

I was laughing my ass off. I had spit on my screen from bursting out laughing.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:32 am

“We had the best team in the world, for sure. But we failed to win the Champions League because of bad decisions from someone. But it’s like that. It’s nothing to complain about today. You have to forget it because I had great moments at Barcelona.”

Ibra taking a dig at Pep...again.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:34 am

well.. the year before he came we won..
the year he left we won...
but sure it's peps fault Laughing
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:33 am

One of those bad decisions was playing Ibra in the first leg vs Inter to be honest. And I like Ibra.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:45 pm

I told my friend when the draws were done, that Liverpool werent getting out of the groups. I still stand by that (not saying I don't want them to get out)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:04 pm

lol BC called it yesterday 5-0 for Real Madrid rofl

Wenger has officially expired, Arsenal need to get rid and sign Klopp. He's ruining Sanchez and Ozil. He's doing worse to Sanchez then what we did ffs.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:15 pm

I have always enjoyed Arsenal, but Wenger has to be the most aggravating/frustrating person to support EVER.

It's like he likes to assemble teams half assed. ignores areas he needs to strengthen, like the DM spot...and allows for Chelsea to land Cesc (i know he didnt need him...but Wilshire and Ramsey are always injured plus now look at the form Chelsea are in). Then he sells RVP to Utd. Needs a striker, and signs a winger. I mean i could go on and on. Wenger helps Arsenal but holds them back at the same time.

It's time for fresh ideas at the Emirates.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:55 pm

I have enjoyed Wenger's work over the years, for years, but even I have come to the conclusion that he is finished now.

Tactically, he is nearly always off the mark these days. Especially in important games.

And his signings are no longer top notch like they used to be. He still has a tremendous eye for talents (Chambers, Koscienly and many others still look better at this level than expected of them) but his building of a team is terrible because he is too loyal and believes in his players just that bit too much.

So tactically, he is off. Therefore not an effective coach.

His signings are off, therefore not an effective sporting director.

You need to be great at both to be a "manager", with him being the last of his kind..he is great at neither any more.

He is too good to be a scout or a youth team trainer (he remains great at developing players)...so I dont know what role he actually suits any more.

All that being said, at least with him they will remain in the top 4. Mark my words, the second he is no longer in charge they drop out.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:09 pm

I agree with Franchise 2-3 years back if you'd ask me I'd say Arsenal should keep faith in him, as of now I believe its better for them to part ways, as far as Arsenal finishing outside the top 4 I think it'll depend on who takes over. If I was them I'd do everything to bring Klopp in.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:27 pm

I would imagine Arsenal getting a new coach would be something like how they get players.

They would have to settle for the young/unproven/experimental kind unless a big fish lands in their lap because he isnt wanted elsewhere.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:34 am

True enough.

Say Arsenal board came to you looking for Wenger successor, who would you want to appoint to take them forward?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:43 am

Winter is Coming wrote:True enough.

Say Arsenal board came to you looking for Wenger successor, who would you want to appoint to take them forward?
moyes. Heard he's ready to come back. *coffee*

Last edited by Bankz on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:44 am

moyes. Heard he's ready to come back.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:49 am

The Franchise wrote:I would imagine Arsenal getting a new coach would be something like how they get players.

They would have to settle for the young/unproven/experimental kind unless a big fish lands in their lap because he isnt wanted elsewhere.
lol
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Klopp I guess, but the chances of getting him seem really low.

An interesting name is Bergkamp who is gaining experience at Ajax. But I dont really know what his ideas are or anything like that.

Another name I still like is Slaven Bilic who to me did a great job when he first entered on the scene for the Croatia NT. I havent followed up and I read he didnt do so well in Russia, but still.

I'd settle on trying out Martinez if you want me to narrow it down to one realistic and most suitable target. But by the time Wenger leaves, alot can change.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Maybe Pep will go there after Wenger retires hmm

I wouldn't mind at all him extending his contract and staying with us for much longer but I wouldn't bet on him doing that..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Klopp I guess, but the chances of getting him seem really low.

An interesting name is Bergkamp who is gaining experience at Ajax. But I dont really know what his ideas are or anything like that.

Another name I still like is Slaven Bilic who to me did a great job when he first entered on the scene for the Croatia NT. I havent followed up and I read he didnt do so well in Russia, but still.

I'd settle on trying out Martinez if you want me to narrow it down to one realistic and most suitable target. But by the time Wenger leaves, alot can change.

Perhaps getting Klopp may seem low, but with Reus who wants out and seeing Dortmund pretty low in the table (which obviously they will bounce back), if they offer him the contract and tell him what he wants to hear I think he could be a potential candidate.

Martinez could be a great choice, haven't seen much of Bilic, so can't say much, but he's gotten some good reviews.

What about Bielsa? Koeman? Laudrup? García? I'm also liking Montella work with Fiorentina. I think Bergkamp should be assistant manager for the next manager of Arsenal and then works his way from there, or start off managing a club in the Dutch league.

Perhaps many of those guys won't want to leave their project anytime soon, but as you said if Wenger leaves in the next year or 2 a lot can change even for them.

@Hans

I don't think Pep will be leaving Bayern anytime soon perhaps another year or 2 and Bayern board are showing him a lot of respect and letting him do what he wants, so he could stay longer then expected. For some reason I'd like to see Pep go to Milan after Bayern, try to match Saachi legacy Twisted Evil
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:46 pm

yeah sure, I sure hope so, he's got a 5 year contract and it would be great if he fulfills it, but Wenger too has another 3 years hmm
That's what I mean, the timing might just about work then if Pep has enough after 4 years.

I'd hate it, I hope Pep stays longer, as I can see what Pep leaving has done to you, what a miserable and profoundly unhappy bunch you've become Razz
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next