LeVersacci
Ganso
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Ganso post WC reaction  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Ganso post WC reaction

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Fußball wrote:
People often forget that Scolari got relegated 2 years ago (because it didn't happen in Europe), playing the most fraudulent brand of football you'll see with 3 DMs. Basically like his Brazil team but without talent like Silva and Nerman and a big home crowd carrying his ass. The thuggery he promotes is obviously another reason why this Brazil team is loathed.

Yes that makes sense. I remember some angry comments from former Brazilian players when he was appointed mentioning this relegation and that Scolari had done nothing of note in the last few years.

That Diego Costa thing was just ridiculous - another of those happenings in football which didn't do any good for anyone.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:46 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
Ganso wrote:best WC ever

Some may say that but I would say the complete opposite. Yes there were lots of goals. Yes there were some individual moments of brilliance. However there wasn't the top level competition that for me matters most of all. My feelings are best summed up by what Carlo Garganese said last night.

"Has there ever been a world cup in which top teams were so poor? It's embarrassing."

He also said - "This generation of Germans deserve a world cup."

that depends on the perspective of every fan, I personally like how we dont have 1 amazing team ripping everyone apart and how most matches are so open.Algeria vs Germany being the biggest example for me.also about top level competition, this is the first time in decades that we have 4 teams with prestige on semi-finals.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:33 pm

Devastated. Heartbroken. Whatever. I can't find words. Completely ruined the World Cup for me, one I was enjoying immensely. No result ever broke me like this one. Congrats to Hapless, rwo, viva, urban and everyone and hope you go on to win the trophy. As for what's next for Brazil, I don't even want to talk about it. Just thinking about them hurts me. Once again congrats to the Germans.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:23 pm

There is one and just one good thing for Brazil after the semi final humiliation.

Finally the people associated with 1950 can have their peace. They have been victimized for too long, largely unfairly. If Brazil people need something to collectively grieve about big time in football they no longer need look any further than the calamity of Tuesday 8th July 2014.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:27 pm

Ganso wrote:this is the first time in decades that we have 4 teams with prestige on semi-finals.

Yes we did which is something I also like although WC 2006 had Portugal which was a reasonably prestigious team but not quite as much a giant as Netherlands.

However what did we get out of it. Tuesday's game belonged in a circus act while Wednesday's to the lay man was a sleeping pill and for a more serious observer just a little bit better. Unless the final is something special this will only reiterate that all that glitters is not gold.

Overall though I understand that we should agree to disagree on how good or bad this world cup was. It's mainly a matter of individual perspective.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:12 am

I dont really agree the WC has been not at a high level. Some of the top teams have under performed yes, but also some have performed better than expected.

Generally speaking I think its getting closer the big teams vs some of the smaller teams mainly due to the smaller teams learning their trade and improving. Teams like USA, Ghana, Algeria, Costa Rica, Nigeria, etc. had really pushed the big teams all the way or very hard. Bar a few teams like S. Korea and Cameroon, there were really an easy teams for any of the big teams to rape like it happened in many of the past WCs.

Pre tournament I also worried about negative football being the trend, but even so, teams scored and attacked a lot, the knock out stages are understandably more tight though.

We still have 2 more matches to go and they can define tournament further.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4