matpol
Zealous
LeSwagg James
RealGunner
59 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Who will go through to the Semi final?

Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 12 Vote_lcap58%Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 12 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 25 ]
Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 12 Vote_lcap42%Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 12 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 43

Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 12 Empty Re: Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany

Post by Zealous Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:03 pm

Insoucious wrote:
farfan wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
But the personality in big games missed again to France.

i don't buy this argument on bit.

germany are just better in almost every department.

french team is still in the making.

But most of GL members don't get it, they thought France was going to win the Cup by smashing all the opponents 4-0, they seem to forget 8 months ago we did not even know if France was going to play the World Cup.
France did great progress in this World Cup, I'm prouf of this team.
But you know GL members are so f*cking versatile:
After an easy win of France -> "France is favourite to title, they're so great/impressive/amazing etc.."
France after a defeat -> " LOL FRANCE U NOOB, get eliminated, what a shame, what a flop team"

For France, their WC is won because they recovered French supporters love.

No one is saying France has to win 4-0 but when Mexico, Costa Rica and Algeria play with ten thousand times more heart and determination than you do despite the huge gap in talent then you deserve criticism.

I see no leaders on this France team. Lots of talented players but no real character and stuff like that may be the coach's fault but you also have to wonder why none of the players really gave it a go after the 70th minute facing elimination.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany - Page 12 Empty Re: Quarter-Final: France Vs Germany

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:03 pm

farfan wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:Don't really see anything special in Pogba tbh.

then you probably never watched juventus in the last 2 years.

kid is 21, in a world cup quarter final against germany. what are you expecting him to do ?

...and what has Juve done in Europe? Juve are just a small fish in a very small pond.

Anyway, for someone who has a price tag of 60 million, I expect lots.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:03 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
farfan wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Which begs the question, why didn't Sakho mark him?

because varane's better in the air.

one is stronger but often gets beaten too easily in aerial challenges. ( sakho )
one is weaker , better in the air, but still shit at marking.

that mangala-kos i suggested before the world cup doesn't sound too bad now , eh ? :coffee:

Sakho has his issues but he rarely ever gets beaten in the air.

his timing was always messed up at PSG.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:06 pm

Germany shut the game down after going 1-0 up. Algeria played with no fear because everyone expected them to do anything. They can lose 6-0 or 4-0. It never mattered. France were never going all out attack under Deschamps.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:Germany shut the game down after going 1-0 up. Algeria played with no fear because everyone expected them to do anything. They can lose 6-0 or 4-0. It never mattered. France were never going all out attack under Deschamps.

lol even when facing elimination? That's disgraceful tbh.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:Germany shut the game down after going 1-0 up. Algeria played with no fear because everyone expected them to do anything. They can lose 6-0 or 4-0. It never mattered. France were never going all out attack under Deschamps.

no kidding ?

GL armchair coaches told me you should  throw caution to the wind and go  all out attack after conceding a goal in the the 12th minute in a KO match .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:09 pm

That's Deschamps. Like I said before, he is the French Moyes but a bit better. Most often his teams carry him.

But I still expect better in Euro16 though.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Playing games at noon is so bad i couldn't see anything cuz of the sun.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:12 pm

France did what was expected of them, and nothing more. decent tourney, but given where they come from as a group, it was huge.

They found this equilibrium as a team against Ukraine, not so long ago. There is just too much growing to do for them as a team to be able to take out germany in world cup, when you know they are been working since the last WC, Euros, and then CL every year.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:16 pm

farfan wrote:

no kidding ?

GL armchair coaches told me you should  throw caution to the wind and go  all out attack after conceding a goal in the the 12th minute in a KO match .

LOL show me one comment saying France should have done this.

France played like it was a friendly, they already "preformed as expected" apparently so they can go  back to France as heroes now after only losing 1-0 to Germany Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Zealous wrote:
farfan wrote:

no kidding ?

LOL show me one comment saying France should have done this.

France played like it was a friendly, they already "preformed as expected" apparently so they can go  back to France as heroes now after only losing 1-0 to Germany Laughing

that was not directed a you zeal Laughing

france played cautiously against a MUCH superior opponent .
the 2 or 3 times france  overcommitted on an  attack, they got caught flat footed and had to rely on Lloris and misses from the german attackers.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:30 pm

Playing cautiously with ten minutes left is not how you win games. But I guess from the comments of the French contingent here that winning the world cup was never a goal for France.

Costa Rica beat Uruguay, Italy and held England to a draw. Mexico made Croatia look like a second rate team. Superior opponent or not if you're not really convinced you can win then you won't.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:39 pm

Ganso wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Here we come Colombia banana

there are so many jinxes planted on GL that I think we are already through
there comes another one Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:48 pm

'Dautschlaaand.........Deutschlaaand' banana
back to party now banana

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:That's Deschamps. Like I said before, he is the French Moyes but a bit better. Most often his teams carry him.

But I still expect better in Euro16 though.

I agree. France was going also to be knocked out against Ukraine for some his nonsense choice in first leg match . then corrected in return

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:00 pm

farfan wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
But the personality in big games missed again to France.

Germany is better than France , but I I don't think there is this great difference ( then Germany was better in 2010 and 2012 imo ) and I expected more from France
Even Algeria was a hardest opponent than France , despite the great difference between 2  teams
I agree basically with RG about Deschamps tbh

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Zealous wrote:
Insoucious wrote:
farfan wrote:

But most of GL members don't get it, they thought France was going to win the Cup by smashing all the opponents 4-0, they seem to forget 8 months ago we did not even know if France was going to play the World Cup.
France did great progress in this World Cup, I'm prouf of this team.
But you know GL members are so f*cking versatile:
After an easy win of France -> "France is favourite to title, they're so great/impressive/amazing etc.."
France after a defeat -> " LOL FRANCE U NOOB, get eliminated, what a shame, what a flop team"

For France, their WC is won because they recovered French supporters love.

No one is saying France has to win 4-0 but when Mexico, Costa Rica and Algeria play with ten thousand times more heart and determination than you do despite the huge gap in talent then you deserve criticism.

I see no leaders on this France team. Lots of talented players but no real character and stuff like that may be the coach's fault but you also have to wonder why none of the players really gave it a go after the 70th minute facing elimination.

I agree.

I said this on chat when France was destroying Switzerland and so much hype on France

Gil agreed with me.
We were right :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Gutless performance by the French today, I'm disappointed

They still have a bright future though
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Gil agreed with me.
We were right

Gil also said that france was gonna exit in the first round before the world cup Laughing

dude still butthurt his girlfriend samira didn't make it to the world cup.

you and GIL predicted that germany would beat france , you deserve a medal for greatest prediciton of all time Laughing

france went as far as any rational football fan predicted when the draw was announced : quarter final elimination against germany .

it's hilarious to see some of the retards who picked france to go in the first round ,then to finish second and then go against argentina in the second round, taking credit for picking germany against france and telling us how right they were . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:24 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Am I the only one who thought France played well and not mich besides Neuer saw us trough?

Yep. apart from the beginning we weren't that great and allowed them lots of chances.
Not only Neuer saw us through though, also their attacking players terrible first touches.
Valbuena and Griezmann should try a few hours a week training how to control a ball lol.

Still a deserved win though, as France wasn't really better.

Did what we had to do, Brazil will be an interim snack on the way to the final.

Will our team, which has a lot to prove and did not really convince etc pp, THEN at last be found out facing a real top team? hmm Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:28 pm

hans , so far according to GL , NO TEAM is a top team Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:34 pm

I think players are pretty exhausted too.
So maybe that's also why you get the feeling the games are not real top quality.
'Ran' around like in slow motion for parts of the game. Özil was especially inert. passes not reaching him because he was not capable of moving 20 cms.
Müller though worked hard until the end.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:43 pm

indeed Germany is probably the NT to have battled with hardest opponents so far. Not even the group was so easy , if compared to others.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:52 pm

calma farfan you are better than this :facepalm:
I don't criticize the elimination of France (and  it would be easy to do it as Italian , we Italians rate the France as our main rival , probably we don't like France more than French don't like Italy, I've this sensation Very Happy ) but I criticize the way about how it maturated.
It is also normal that many waited a different attitude in pitch considering the group stage played , considering the potential , considering the players.
Probably it would be worse if many rate this match as normal , because it 'd mean to not have a good consideraiton about France.
The quarter of finals as result is another thing, it's not bad but it is not that the point
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Insoucious Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:22 am

Robespierre wrote:calma farfan you are better than this :facepalm:
I don't criticize the elimination of France (and  it would be easy to do it as Italian , we Italians rate the France as our main rival , probably we don't like France more than French don't like Italy, I've this sensation Very Happy ) but I criticize the way about how it maturated.
It is also normal that many waited a different attitude in pitch considering the group stage played , considering the potential , considering the players.
Probably it would be worse if many rate this match as normal , because it 'd mean to not have a good consideraiton about France.
The quarter of finals as result is another thing, it's not bad but it is not that the point

Indeed, maybe the (lost) final of 2006 enhanced this sensation.

Insoucious
Insoucious
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:26 am

When Pique grows up he wants to become Mats Hummels. Hummels. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next