M99
CBarca
Casciavit
sportsczy
McAgger
68 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Golden Ball and other WC Awards - Page 6 Empty Re: Golden Ball and other WC Awards

Post by Ganso Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:03 pm

7 goals were enough lol

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Golden Ball and other WC Awards - Page 6 Empty Re: Golden Ball and other WC Awards

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:08 pm

Well, Germany didn't ship that many goals (only 4 goals in 6 matches so far) :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Two of the goals in matches that were already won, too.

Anyhow, 86% tackle success is insanely good.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:12 pm

FIFA not giving neuer a shot at the golden ball is just as ridiculous as people saying James should be anywhere near the top 3 tbh. James is definitely a good player, but please stop the b**t licking already. smh!
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Nah not even close :coffee:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:53 pm

RealGunner wrote:The @AFP team of the World Cup: Neuer; Lahm, Thiago Silva, Hummels, Höwedes; Kroos, Mascherano; Robben, Rodriguez, Müller; Messi.

AFP = Agence France-Presse

Can't argue with majority of that, think i'd have Garay over Silva though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:56 pm

Probably written before today's red-card challenge by TS today.

Demichellis has been superior to Garay imo.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:10 am

I won't dispute that BC, he's only played twice though. Hard to put someone whose played two games lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:58 am

messixaviesta wrote:
neuro11 wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:

I think it's debatable. The fairest solution that I can think of is to have both Neuer and Navas in the golden ball shortlist instead of Lahm and Di Maria. Garay is also a possibility for inclusion.

cant disagree with exclusion of Lahm and Di maria. but not sure of how much Garay deserve though....

Thanks. I am not insisting on Garay though I appreciate his consistent efforts. Since we agree on taking out these two which two would you add instead? I suggest Neuer and Navas. What are your thoughts?

JD, i was thinking whom should i add instesd but could not find any. its shame you cant find more than one player from the other two semifinalists. So yes, if needed to add 2 more i probably would also go with Navas and Neuer

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:59 pm

RealGunner wrote:The @AFP team of the World Cup: Neuer; Lahm, Thiago Silva, Hummels, Höwedes; Kroos, Mascherano; Robben, Rodriguez, Müller; Messi.

AFP = Agence France-Presse

I just made slight alterations to it in another thread. Decrease one defender. Add Neymar. Remove Howedes. Remove Lahm. For the three defenders Hummels is definite and the other two can be chosen from T.Silva, Garay, De Vriz and Vlaar.

We will end up with something like : Neuer; Hummels, Garay, De Vrij; Kroos, Mascherano; Robben, Rodriguez; Neymar, Messi, Muller.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:01 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Demichellis has been superior to Garay imo.

Hasn't played that many games to be considered. Let's pick De Vrij or Vlaar then.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:06 pm

My quick thoughts on Messi vs. Robben.

I have read several opinions of posters here as well as some journalists and former players and it seems that people are backing Robben more for player of the tournament than Messi. Let's analyse why. First let's leave aside last night's game because Messi still has a game to play. Without that I think they were both about equally decisive but maybe Robben tried more over 90 minutes per match than Messi which could be one reason for people favouring him more. Then if we bring last night's match into the equation Robben had another man of the match performance. So does that mean unless Messi or one of the Germans such as Muller and Kroos have a mind blowing performance tonight then the golden ball goes to Robben or maybe even James?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Probably written before today's red-card challenge by TS today.

Demichellis has been superior to Garay imo.

you serious???? I thought he had few mistimed tackle on Robben vs Netherland. you sure missed those....no way his performance was top notch vs Netherland. Garay overall was more solid, consistent and ofcourse played all mins along with Mashcherano. I am not sure but may be T.Silva got him included with his performance+name(50-50). some other players surely deserve the place over him. Garay probabaly one of them.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:48 pm

messixaviesta wrote:My quick thoughts on Messi vs. Robben.

I have read several opinions of posters here as well as some journalists and former players and it seems that people are backing Robben more for player of the tournament than Messi. Let's analyse why. First let's leave aside last night's game because Messi still has a game to play. Without that I think they were both about equally decisive but maybe Robben tried more over 90 minutes per match than Messi which could be one reason for people favouring him more. Then if we bring last night's match into the equation Robben had another man of the match performance. So does that mean unless Messi or one of the Germans such as Muller and Kroos have a mind blowing performance tonight then the golden ball goes to Robben or maybe even James?

First of all, i still think many people bringing James name just for fun, trolling, overhyping etc. Surely the lad was fantastic but come on he left in quarter final. as someone already mentioned, he was great but not decisive enough to carry his team to semi where the decisions are made atleast. I cant see him winning to be honest.
Then comes Robben,Messi,Muller and i understand why people considering Robben over others. part of it you already explained. Messi was not as decisive (directly ofcourse, indirectly i beleive Argentina could have suffered same massacre as Brazil without him.....) in the last two matches where we could see more moments of flashes from Robben overall.
Muller could be unlucky because Germany have a quite a few decisive players who all can be considered. In a line, Muller alone can not be considered as decisive for Germany as Messi for Argentina or Robben for Netherland.
So yeah, i think unless Messi or Muller has some brillinat momnents in final, there is a high possibility for Robben to win it. To be honest, i would not mind much him winning it, as long as Messi has Championship.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:25 pm

neuro, yes you need to reach at least the semi finals to be valued at a world cup. I have been saying so for many years now. That is the reason why people forget how well Messi had actually played at WC 2010. So I also don't think James will win the award but given the kind of impact he's made he could finish in the top three which in itself is huge.

Also I completely agree that while Messi's impact on the pitch has declined the psychological lift that his presence gives the team cannot be underestimated. Without Messi's magical presence and Sabella's tactical nous we couldn't have reached the final because let's face it as a whole we have an above average team at most.

Also agree that Muller's credit is being partially lost because he is part of such a good team where several players are standing out. It's a bit like Spain from WC 2010 where long after the tournament we kept debating who was the best out of four or so players.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:44 pm

JAMES RODRIGUEZ  :bow: 
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Neuer wins Golden Glove.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Messi :facepalm:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Messi rofl should have been Hames
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:57 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

rofl rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:57 pm

messi wins golden ball
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:57 pm

Messi won it? o_O
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:57 pm

wtf fifa :facepalm:
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:57 pm

WTF

Godammit

I thought James won the Golden "Ball", not Boot

Messi  :facepalm: :facepalm: 
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:58 pm

Messi gets a pity award.. No way he is the best payer at world cup.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:58 pm

WTF is this Laughing Pls gtfo Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next