Glory
B-Mac
cyberman
18 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ander Herrera - Page 4 Empty Re: Ander Herrera

Post by B-Mac Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:28 pm

fracture is better then broken so his recovery is likely 2-3 weeks as i have had the injury before, then getting fitness back

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedInRed Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:58 pm

From a statistical standpoint, yeah he'll be missed.
He had a 7.2 rating against WHU and had 91% pass accuracy.
I hope he's not going to turn out as one of those guys who has massive potential and always gets hurt though.
UnitedInRed
UnitedInRed
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:58 am

Daily Mail say he is targeting his return for two weeks, which would make him match fit for the West Brom game since he'd be back a week earier.

United offered him the opportunity to have a break while he recovers, but the Spaniard has made it clear that he can be fit to play again in two weeks after the forthcoming international break.

That dedication.

They also reiterate Jones is close to coming back and so is Carrick. Sounds like they won't make it for Sunday, though. I guess we'll know more on Jones in van Gaal's presser, with Carrick it seems very unlikely.

Fellaini is close to full fitness too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2777208/Manchester-United-injury-boost-Marouane-Fellaini-training-Ander-Herrera-targeting-return-two-weeks.html

EDIT: The Guardian also say less than 3 weeks for Herrera

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/01/marouane-fellaini-manchester-united-fitness-everton?CMP=twt_gu
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:54 am

In the games he played he was easily our 2nd best player behind Di Maria, arguably best in some of them. Van Gaal rushes him back from injury, plays poorly and is getting punished for it. Seems very unfair. LvG needs to drop RvP, all players should be equal in his eyes. Herrera deserves to play next match.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:22 am

Busby Babe wrote:In the games he played he was easily our 2nd best player behind Di Maria, arguably best in some of them. Van Gaal rushes him back from injury, plays poorly and is getting punished for it. Seems very unfair. LvG needs to drop RvP, all players should be equal in his eyes. Herrera deserves to play next match.

whats with all those ridiculous stories going around which says we are looking to sell him and shit. I mean what the fff.. Barely has played for us and whenever he played he was supreme.
Why do we want to sell him now.

Cant believe LvG is preferring Carrick over him and Fellaini who all of a sudden has become a key member of the first team. Rolling Eyes He should get back into the side ffs. He is better than both of them.
And seeing Shaw's foot right now its looking like the 3-5-2 is here to stay for a while. So a 2 man midfield is looking obvious for the near future and in that case it will be sucha  shame if he cant get games over those 2.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:21 pm

Tbf, Fellaini has took his chance well and looks to have that mf role covered due to form. Herrera has got to bide his time.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:05 pm

RED wrote:Tbf, Fellaini has took his chance well and looks to have that mf role covered due to form. Herrera has got to bide his time.

They can all play together if he drops you know who. Anyway, no offense to Fellaini but do you enjoy how we play when he's in the team? It's literally hoof, £150 mil in the summer and we were hoofing. Also, like I said before Fellaini is a player for these type of games, but when it comes to teams that sit back, like the Crystal Palaces then his lack of creativity really hurts us.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:21 pm

You're spot on. I made that post with RVP being undroppable in my mind.

And I hate the football Fellaini being in the team encourages, nothing but hoofball for him to knock down.

But I do feel it's a bit harsh for him to be dropped for that reason alone, that all boils down to the manager. But I do agree with you that when it comes to the smaller teams sitting back, such as the Palace game, we need Herrera to start instead.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:28 pm

Also what is with the constant sudden rumours that we're ready to let Herrera go. Madness.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:32 pm

It's harsh on both, Herrera has been in good form too. I think this is the part of van Gaal having to be more ruthless, he needs to do what's the best for the team not worry who gets hurt. Like you said in the RvP thread, this could end up being his downfall. Do you remember how angry we all were at half-time? If we lost, he would have had nothing to fall back on because the performance was terrible. We couldn't keep the ball apart of that was the midfield, like I said in the match day thread it would have been Herrera for RvP for me not Fellaini this time though. Also would like to add another thing if we had a striker that could hold up the ball, we wouldn't need to push Fellaini to win our headers. RvP is so useless getting physically overpowered by Mikel freaking Arteta
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:40 pm

RED wrote:Also what is with the constant sudden rumours that we're ready to let Herrera go. Madness.
Idk, he did rush him back for West Brom, so he does rate him. It's not like Mata who is competing with the captain and you know he has little chance.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:30 pm

He's playing for the reserves today, which means he's very, very unfit. I guess that explains it. Van Gaal has done the same with Carrick and Shaw. Jonny Evans is also with the reserves today.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:56 pm

yea heard he scored a goal in a rout. How was his performance overall BB ? Did you watch the match ?

And all these stories that come under the funny caption like  Herrera-the man in the shadows or we are interested in swapping Herrera for Xhedran ROFL Shaqiri because this is the funny part "Pep is inerested in his services THERE" and all. Proud rofl floating in the media is cringe-worthily funny and insane.

Not being match fit is the only reason why he isnt getting a look in right now. LvG know he bent that rule slightly by making him play with a chest protection last time. So this time he want to be absolutely sure that he returns to full fitness before deploying him again.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:21 pm

Can't say for sure, I only watched the first half, because the second half overlapped with the CL. From the first half, he misplaced one or two passes within the first 10 mins or so. After that, he started to get into the flow of the game, linked up well, played some nice passes and scored a good goal. The goal was a bit too easy, but that's what you expect at that level. I didn't watch the second half so I don't know if his performance dropped due to fitness.

On match fitness, yeah, I remember Shaw was on the bench vs Leicester, and Rojo was getting ripped apart, but van Gaal said he didn't bring Shaw on because he was unfit/injured. So I guess van Gaal only puts unfit players on the bench for emergencies like Young vs Arsenal, or Carrick vs Man City. I think LvG is going to be extra cautious, with injured players now. I won't be surprised if Herrera and Falcao only get minutes off the bench in the next game.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:48 pm

this guy has to start every week.Its not at all surprising we have played our best football this season when he is on the pitch. Class player. Scholes-eque!! and Forget Strootman. Herrera is our midfield general. :bow: Should build the team around him imo.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:58 pm

He plays football on fast forward
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:05 pm

yea its like watching Shinji all over again. Kagawa + defensive attributes = Herrera I guess. He is the kind of player we have craved for all these years. A proper midfielder who can create, pass, hold as well as tackle. Keep it coming champ!! Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:17 pm

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ander-herrera-man-united-midfielder-8292788#ICID=sharebar_twitter

He's in alleged match-fixing case, and been named by the judge specifically. If he really did accept money, then it looks bad for him.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:07 pm

doesn't make sense....why would herrera accept money for his team to win?....it would be the losing team whose players received money to throw the game
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:41 pm

frig sake, hope it's bs. That's defo not a good look. Could never trust a player involved in that type of ish. Really hope it's not true.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:24 pm

B-Mac wrote:doesn't make sense....why would herrera accept money for his team to win?....it would be the losing team whose players received money to throw the game

The board gave the money to the the Real Zaragoza players to give to the Levante players. I'm not sure why it had it be that way and not directly to them. He doesn't really benefit from Real Zaragoza staying up, he already decided to leave for Bilbao, in February, that year.

And United man Herrera is among those specifically named by prosecutor Luzón as allegedly having received the funds to pass on to Levante players.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/man-uniteds-ander-herrera-could-4816060
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:50 pm

right from the time i first heard about this, i dreaded. Was relieved a little as this stuff was quiet for some time. But now seems as if its resurfacing. pale

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:55 pm

Busby Babe wrote:
B-Mac wrote:doesn't make sense....why would herrera accept money for his team to win?....it would be the losing team whose players received money to throw the game

The board gave the money to the the Real Zaragoza players to give to the Levante players. I'm not sure why it had it be that way and not directly to them. He doesn't really benefit from Real Zaragoza staying up, he already decided to leave for Bilbao, in February, that year.

well he was a Zaragoza fan growing up and came through the academy there meaning they hold a place in his heart, he still wished them well at the beginning of the season if i recall on twitter.

honestly wouldn't be surprised if somehow his name gets swept under the rug seeing as he is a United player now...it's not right but that is just how the football world works
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:34 pm

That's true, I really don't know the ins and outs of the case to give a proper opinion it. It's also something that happened 3 years ago, people change.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:16 pm

also it says that they took the money out of the accounts and gave it to the levante players in cash

pretty hard to prove an exchange of cash was made as there is no paper trail
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Ander Herrera - Page 4 B4-iHUUCIAAkhjD
Busby Babe
Busby Babe