Curtinho
Hapless_Hans
Nishankly
Glory
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho

Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho Vote_lcap18%Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho Vote_lcap0%Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho Vote_lcap82%Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho Vote_rcap 82% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 11

Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho Empty Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho

Post by Glory Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:29 am

I think this is a fair comparison.
All the 3 have been playing interestingly deep lying midfield roles for their respective PL clubs this season when normally it is not a role they are well versed in.
Both Ander and Jordan are forward thinking players who have played attacking midfield roles in the past. Fernandinho on the other hand has always been your typical quiet cm who do the job without any fuss and have been doing the job in fact for some time compared to the other 2. And thats why may be at this point he could be edging?

All 3 have great coaches who truly believe in them too it seems (Jose loves Ander for example). Who will emerge as the better deep lying holder/controller come the end of the season. And for a fan of other clubs which of these players will you take in your teams ?
Anyway cast your votes.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho Empty Re: Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho

Post by Nishankly Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:32 am

Fernandinho and its not even close.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho Empty Re: Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho

Post by Glory Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:39 am

How is it not even close ? Its obviously close. I agree he is leading at this point tho.
City's performing really well this season collectively but does that mean scrubs such as Kolarov and Clichy are legit ? Fernandinho's obviously benefiting from having a marauding team in front of him and Pep's system to play in. He is doing his job well.
He was nothing special until this season anyway. Just a decent cm. thats all. Its only this season his stock has gone up.

Anyway Lets' see. Will keep on updating this thread and we will find out by season end. Thumbs up

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:37 pm

A bit late but heck ya. A bloody BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!
Wiped the floor with Jordan Hardon-son yesterday. Proud

He is comfortably better than Fernandinho too. Imagine swapping the 2 players. Herrera will look at home in that city side, doing everything Dinho does and more where as I am not sure Fernandinho will be as effective as Ander in United set up. Herrera does far more than breaking up play in fact. His general play is much much quicker than Dinho.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:42 pm

Jesus. The guy was on the bench for years now, if he played he played as a 8.
Suddenly he's got a couple good games at 6 and he's better than anybody?

Calm down.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:48 pm

When did I say he is better than anybody or everybody for that matter ? Recommend you re-read what I posted. This is strictly a 3 player comparison thread and he has been better this season than those 2 players.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:10 pm

Na, Herrera needs to start every game first, He's played what 400 odd minutes?

United suits him, He's coming from smaller teams in Spain that thrive on a draw against Barcelona and Real by sitting back hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:12 pm

Henderson stomps both of these guys.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:14 pm

Personally I would definitively prefer Fernandinho.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:51 pm

Henderson is the worst of the 3.

Can't wait until he's benched or gone for good. One of the biggest weaknesses in the current team.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:10 pm

Fernandinho for me too
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Henderson has been great for us this season. But it's no surprise his contributions are marginalized when people prefer someone who's flashy and can dribble an entire team. His mistakes are overly magnified and all the good things he does just get ignored. It's absolutely hilarious how he's continuously grown and stepped up to every challenge while bellends like you hate on him from day 1.

I imagine he'll continue to be one of the more underrated players in the world until he moves on from Liverpool, because he runs funny or something. Or they'll look at a game like Liverpool/United where the entire team underperformed and Henderson was actually one of the better players overall on the night.

Herrera vs Henderson vs Fernandinho Henferher
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:05 pm

lmao stats don't mean shit when in the 90th minute you are trying to get a goal and you have a complete open throughball to Emre Can available but you send the ball all the way back to your goalkeeper from the oppositions final 3rd Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:21 pm

Yeah because a football game is made up of 90 minutes worth of moments. What a ridiculous argument.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Henderson is not great but his stats are never as bad as people think.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Nishankly wrote:

United suits him, He's coming from smaller teams in Spain that thrive on a draw against Barcelona and Real by sitting back hmm

You do know this is the 1st season he is deployed as a DM/deep lying CM right ? At Bilbao he was either a 8 or 10. Even when played as an 8 he had Iturraspe and Javi Martinez behind him to cover. Here he has essentially no one and is doing the defensive duties on his own (when fellaini is not playing).

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:53 pm

Curtinho and McAgger take your petty quarrel somewhere else. This thread albeit under the false guise is primarily created with the agenda of fapping about Ander. :coffee:

Also Lol at Curti for stacking stats to back his opinion. Stats after a certain stage tells nothing. Herrera essentially has been playing in the last line of our play this season to the extent when we were attacking he was even slotting in as a defender alongside our CBs. Key passes and chances created? Sorry, for the role he is given in the team by Mourinho even those numbers are fairly decent.
Now I know Henderson too is playing in deeper role this term (the  prime reason for this thread to be even created), but the way we play and the way you play is entirely different. We are incoherent and apprehensive in attack where as you guys are the most fluent team in the league going forward.
Tackling success for both players are more or less same. But then look at his interception numbers. That for an attack minded midfielder is insane.

Anyway, as I said stats are misleading. The biggest comparison you could have found between the 2 was the match itself when both of them were pitting against each other, Ander was basically running the show where as Henderson was somewhere hiding in the shadows playing second fiddle to Can.

Last edited by Glory on Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:58 pm

@Hans BTW when I think about now, I agree I was going a bit overboard with my reaction. I take it back therefore. Dont want to be a source of the jinx. Moreover as you said its too early to come to a conclusion now. Let him keep on flying under the radar. We will meet when the season's over for the final verdict. Smile Thumbs up

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Herrera was running the show in a game where his team had 35% of the ball. Good to know. Laughing
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:21 pm

yes he played well because the other team even though had 65% possession were unable to score because he didn't let any meaningful attack develop through middle.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Yeah I've seen Lee Clattermole do that before too when defending with 10 players.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:21 am

Continue living in delusion and believing liverpool players are the best in the league in every department mate. Its so funny because other than you theres no pool fans saying these things so constantly are tirelessly. (Well, there is Hames McAgg but his comments come across mostly as in lighter vein and he says things for harmless banter. You on the other hand takes these things far too seriously it seems going by your posts) Got to give it you for your optimism and determination tho.

Have already said what I had to say. Will propagate no more hype now in fear of a possible jinx.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Why is it when people are wrong or have a different opinion they always make things up? Where have I said that any Liverpool player is the best in the league in any department? Not only do I often criticize some players on the team, but when I do prop a player up I provide evidence with actually having watched them play over extended periods, and statistics. Most of you just **** on players you've seen once or twice, or maybe 5 - 10 times over a few years and focus on single moments or passages of play.

I'm taking it too seriously but you're getting upset and saying I'm 'living in delusion' and having nothing of actual note to add so you're leaving the conversation.

Still, whatever floats your boat mate. Wink
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:22 am

I wasnt implying explicitly to you bigging up players. Its your general attitude I am talking about. Every time someone says some player is better than one of your guys, you go defensive and come up with stats to prove them wrong. Its like you take those remarks personally and react to it.

Otherwise how can one say Herrera wasnt good in that game despite you watching it from start to finish. Whatever be the tactic Mourinho put on the field, do you honestly believe herrera's display was comparable to lee frkin Clattermole. It is both sad and shocking at the same time if thats the case.
It was so commanding a display that it is even touted as the greatest performance by a Untied midfielder in some time.
I agree your hate for united supersedes giving honest opinions about one of our players. But does it have to be the case everytime. I mean come on man.

Many fans on this forum including myself has no problem to admit if a rival player performs admirably in a game.

And regarding we not watching Henderson or for that case any pool players, yea it does play a part, but at least we watched him on monday right. He wasnt doing anything. Even someone as  technically limited as fellaini was outperforming him in the game irrespective of what some meaningless numbers say. You honestly believe, stats > seeing things for real ?? Because thats what we get from reading your comments.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Huh? When did I ever say that he had a bad game? I was just saying having one great game doesn't make a player better than another. The Clattermole thing was a joke aimed at that point.

I don't agree with your initial statement either. There are certain players I feel on Liverpool that are undervalued, but I've also talked down a lot of players on our team and talked up a lot of players on other teams.

I also think you need to re-watch the game if you think Fellaini was outperforming Henderson.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next