RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:04 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Lets hope Theo is 100% fit for the start of next season. I dont know what Wenger is doing in Brasil he should be at home working on our squad.

maybe looking out for new member's of our squad...? Especially when most of our starters are in Brazil too anyway so...

Hapless_Hans wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:Mandzukic is giroud 1.5

Better.. But not really all that much.

don't forget that Mandzu is also a defensive beast, incredibly hard worker, and vastly superior in the air.

Giroud >>> as a defender and in the air, hands down.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:07 am

MJGunner wrote:+

you're kidding, right?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:34 am

Don't really know about the defense or whatever...never really payed attention to him in that area.. Their speed seems the same But I feel like Mandzukic is better at scoring with his feet. Where as giroud sometimes plays like he is a new born calf
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:01 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
MJGunner wrote:+

you're kidding, right?

I thought you were.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:32 am

Welp this is awkward
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:32 am

Mandzukic is a better header of the ball.. In terms of aerial battles, I don't know the answer.
Both have a very high work rate. Agree that Mand is Giroud v1.5, whoever said that.

Anyone who would be upset about us getting Balotelli this summer really needs a head examination.

Balo, Gustavo, Aurier - make it happen Wenger. Saw the comparison with Coleman on Arseblog too Sina, interesting - made Sagna look average - have to remember that Auriers stats come from Ligue 1 - but hes still only 21 and I think he can handle the EPL.

Something tells me wenger wll go Aurier over Coleman.. mostly because he represents much better value for money. Just hope the money saved goes into someone worthwhile, like Gustavo - even for 20mil.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:52 am

I agree that Mandzukic is much better in the air, Giroud for a big guy has been disappointing in that part of the game but it must be said that Mandzukic also receives more quality crosses at Bayern than Giroud does at Arsenal.

On the other hand, Mandzukic lacks the intelligent movement and rarely runs behind a defensive line, less than Giroud for sure and Giroud links up better with his team mates. Both are not very clinical in front of goal and both are slow for our counter attacks. As I said before when everyone wanted Mandzukic, he's not much better than Giroud, certainly not €25-30m more.

As for Balotelli, even if we completely ignore his antics, you guys must know that he's someone like Podolski who must be partnered by another striker making the runs and opening up space for him otherwise he's completely useless. We can go with 2 strikers but that means playing Özil out of position or playing without wingers... in the Premier League Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:49 am

As Urban said, Mandzukic might be a more accurate header of the ball (better crosses maybe, who knows) but Giroud is stronger in the air, plain and simple. And Giroud is much more effective at defending especially from set pieces.

He actually works his ass off to harass opponents on the ball and is better at that than Mandzukic. Even if Giroud lets down in a lot of areas, those two are probably his bread and butter and he comes away superior to Mandzu in them. Like I said, maybe not accuracy but definitely in aerial duels.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:04 am

Tuttosport claim Milan want £28m for Balotelli and will only lower their asking price if Arsenal bring Joel Campbell into negotiations.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 am

What Giroud tends to lack when it comes to aerial battles is aggression. He doesn't always want to fight for the ball, so even though he's bigger and stronger than most defenders, he does lose his fair share of aerial duals. Maybe Mandzukic is different in that he relishes that side of the game more; I've not seen him a lot so I wouldn't know.

In any case, Arsenal aren't a team that like to cross or play the long direct ball up top too often, so does it really matter who's better in the air? Things like finishing ability and link-up play are much more important and I don't see much difference between the two, and even if Mandzukic is better I don't think he's the type of striker we need. We need a bit more pace than he offers.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:34 am

tbh, Arsenal needs a good striker as a main starter or backup... any striker ffs. So if Wenger got Mandzukic and paired him with Giroud, fine. They can rotate. Nothing wrong with that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:29 pm

Getting another striker would be useful if its different from what we have. To me giroud and manduzkic are quite similar. Ideally I would like to have a suarez type player but he is not available. So I think we should go for any of benz morrata balloteli REMY they bring something which we not have.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:53 pm

"According to reports in Italy. Its been reported that Balotelli has been sold. But Arsenal waiting for the Puma official announcement. Laughing  Laughing 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:"According to reports in Italy. Its been reported that Balotelli has been sold. But Arsenal waiting for the Puma official announcement. Laughing  Laughing 

If thats true its more bigger than a signings chelsea have made this season. Exactly the type of player arsenal need.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:26 pm

MJGunner wrote:Tuttosport claim Milan want £28m for Balotelli and will only lower their asking price if Arsenal bring Joel Campbell into negotiations.

Jeez, they're trying to get us for Campbell? Smart bunch at Milan. I'd do the deal if it's a Campbell loan.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:01 pm

they can pick up Bendtner for free tbh :coffee:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:51 pm

Bendtner is a Serie A winner after all.  :whistle: 
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:16 pm

We still have Bendtner?
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:20 pm

No, he's a free agent.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:24 pm

Come to MLS Bendy  :bow: 
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:14 pm

My Pecking order if we were to buy a defender from Everton
1)John Stones
2)Coleman

3)Jagz!

4)Baines

unlikely we spend that much for defence but would like either of Stones/Coleman
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:43 pm

For all rumor lovers out there, Sport now is in English also.

http://www.sport-english.com/en/
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:51 pm

and first thing i went to check from that site was this Very Happy

PEDRO AND ALEXIS UNCERTAIN

The cases of Pedro Rodriguez and Alexis Sanchez are different to the other six players. Enrique has confidence in the players' qualities, however the club will not shut the door on a possible exit this window if they receive an offer deemed to good to turn down. Another way one of these two may leave the club would be in an exchange deal, if it could facilitate the arrivals of someone like Koke (Atletico Madrid) or Gonzalo Higuain (Napoli).
http://www.sport-english.com/en/noticias/barca/and-six-more-players-are-set-leave-barcelona-3316180
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:57 pm

“I’m concentrating on the national team and the World Cup,” Balotelli told reporters.
“What comes later, we will see. I know nothing.”

Read more: http://goonertalk.com/2014/06/19/well-see-comes-later-says-rumoured-arsenal-target-mario-balotelli/#ixzz357nb3u9R

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Also this one

Balotelli agent travels to meet Milan as Arsenal go into serious Balotelli negotiations
http://t.co/VUnsyx0NkD
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:05 pm

If you indeed got Balotelli that would be pretty cool.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next