vivabarca38
urbaNRoots
Shed
22 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Diego Costa - Page 18 Empty Re: Diego Costa

Post by RedOranje Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:00 pm

If none of the strikers are performing could it not be an issue with tactics and/or supporting players failing to supply the goal-scorers with adequate chances? It's hugely rare for a forward to maintain a regular vein of scoring form if the team behind him is struggling, as he simply doesn't get real opportunities. Costa has never been one to create his own chances on anything approaching a regular basis, so with both Mourinho and the likes of Hazard, Cesc, Oscar, et al out of sorts perhaps his own poor form is as much a symptom as it is an ailment itself.

Of course, this is mostly speculation on my part, as I haven't paid close enough attention on a regular basis to have any real insight into the matter directly.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:02 pm

Art Morte wrote:Lukaku > Costa Smile
 vardy>Costa hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:56 am

RedOranje wrote:If none of the strikers are performing could it not be an issue with tactics and/or supporting players failing to supply the goal-scorers with adequate chances? It's hugely rare for a forward to maintain a regular vein of scoring form if the team behind him is struggling, as he simply doesn't get real opportunities. Costa has never been one to create his own chances on anything approaching a regular basis, so with both Mourinho and the likes of Hazard, Cesc, Oscar, et al out of sorts perhaps his own poor form is as much a symptom as it is an ailment itself.

Of course, this is mostly speculation on my part, as I haven't paid close enough attention on a regular basis to have any real insight into the matter directly.

I'd agree with Red.

Throughout the Liverpool game, Costa didn't have any service at all forcing him to try to dribble (and fail) to go past players.

Of course there are far better striker options we could consider but to say he's a few season wonder is a stretch too far
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:00 pm

His problem is he tracks back a lot and he doesn't have the technical skills to drive past two players. His dribbling skills are above average for a poacher, hence he can be very efficient inside the box and occasionally outside it. But once he cuts off the supply from others then he becomes a Cesc Fabregas who fails to participate in attack as in defense.

Needless to say, his drop in form is a result of a drop in form of the other suppliers but he is also choking Chelsea's chances by tracking back, taking the supply from others and driving forward, only to lose the ball and result in unnecessary turnovers.

He's another trouble maker which Mourinho has to suck it up and deal with at the moment. He cant afford to lose the support of the Spanish Armada as well.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Soul wrote:
RedOranje wrote:If none of the strikers are performing could it not be an issue with tactics and/or supporting players failing to supply the goal-scorers with adequate chances? It's hugely rare for a forward to maintain a regular vein of scoring form if the team behind him is struggling, as he simply doesn't get real opportunities. Costa has never been one to create his own chances on anything approaching a regular basis, so with both Mourinho and the likes of Hazard, Cesc, Oscar, et al out of sorts perhaps his own poor form is as much a symptom as it is an ailment itself.

I'd agree with Red.

Throughout the Liverpool game, Costa didn't have any service at all forcing him to try to dribble (and fail) to go past players.

Of course there are far better striker options we could consider but to say he's a few season wonder is a stretch too far

You need more than poachers in your team if you were to compete against teams which play different systems.

All Chelsea has is poachers.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:42 pm

Shed wrote:I think we're fast approaching the point we have to admit to ourselves that Costa just is not a top-class striker.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:30 pm

Shed wrote:
Shed wrote:I think we're fast approaching the point we have to admit to ourselves that Costa just is not a top-class striker.

When Mous system if working at 100% it makes Costa a top class striker (see Atleti and Chelsea last season for proof). I think the real issue is that Costa is incredibly one dimensional, he doesnt give half the tactical options that a top PL forwards like Aguero do. This isnt always an issue though, the same could be very much said of Drogba for example who only really offered one approach, the question is; do we build our entire system around Costa?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:34 pm

Shed wrote:

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous now. I admit his shtick was entertaining and endearing in a tribalistic sort of way when he first joined, but his antics have become so horribly tired and tedious, and are really nothing more than a distraction and a hindrance to the side as a whole. He spends infinitely more time trying to rile up and pick petty fights with opposition players than actually trying to play football. And all his nonsense does is rally and galvanize the home support and makes their side doubly as motivated to beat us. Not to mentoin the lengthy and growing cumulative ban-time he's racking up. Aside from that, you people can bang on about systems and tactics all you want, but when his movement is nonexistent, his passing is poor, his dribbling is pointless and dead-end, and his increasingly frequent drifting out wide leaves us with a big black hole in the box on just about every attack, it's hard not to look at him lately and see Torres 2.0.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:01 pm

I agree.. he needs to go.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:23 pm

The only man to blame is Mourinho... He encourages this shit behavior from Costa.

I have a hard time criticizing any player; when good players like Cesc, Matic, Oscar, Hazard and Costa all have turned crap.

They are good players... The problem is Mou.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:45 pm

Well said, Blue.

Cannot blame Costa when only Willian is playing well.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:51 pm

Blue wrote:The only man to blame is Mourinho... He encourages this shit behavior from Costa.

I have a hard time criticizing any player; when good players like Cesc, Matic, Oscar, Hazard and Costa all have turned crap.

Wasn't he the solution 3 months ago ? Last time Chelsea went through such a bad spell, you guys won the CL. The players have to show what they are made of , the manager as well.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:37 pm

LeBéninois wrote:
Blue wrote:The only man to blame is Mourinho... He encourages this shit behavior from Costa.

Wasn't he the solution 3 months ago ? Last time Chelsea went through such a bad spell, you guys won the CL. The players have to show what they are made of , the manager as well.

For me Mouyes was never the solution. I felt the wheels would come off eventually, the way we have been playing it was just not sustainable. Awful performances since December 2014, grinding out victory on a constant basis was not going to last. Hazard Great individual performances and good defense was the only difference from now.

I have expressed my concern about Mouyes since he got here, I could go into detail of the issues but I would only depress myself further.

He is staying until the end of the season or he resigns unfortunataly.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Shed wrote:
Shed wrote:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:04 pm

Called it a month ago and most agreed with me. Now becoming more blatantly obvious and less plausibly deniable by the match. The guy is just pants. Torres without the looks, and with half the effort.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:56 pm

https://twitter.com/BPLZone/status/670963631027306496

Petulant child gonna petulant child
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Imagine the reaction if it landed on mous head Laughing
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Very poor attitude.
i dont know about you, but I want this donkey out.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:20 pm

fatman123 wrote:Imagine the reaction if it landed on mous head Laughing

He already reacted by calling on Loftus to play instead; mourinho was aware of what happened when it happened.

Game over for Costa? I sure hope so.

Remy under the current circumstances will provide a better alternative.

Dont under-estimate mourinho; it might be his plan all along, to send an indirect message to the Chelsea board that you need to get me a striker in the next window even though he is publicly saying that he doesnt have the right to ask for one.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:26 pm

Atleti President has said now they have sold Hackson Martinez, they intend to try to bring back Costa.

Could get interesting if Costa wants to go back.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:56 am

If he wants to.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:07 am

I honestly don't know his stance on the matter, I hope he prefers Chelsea, but we shall see.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Broke his nose in training yesterday, may not play against Newcastle.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:00 am

Shame if he can't play, his form was really top notch lately. Without him and Hazard still benched I wouldn't be surprised if we drraw again.

Inb4 Pato hattrick
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:07 am

Shed wrote:Seriously, this is getting ridiculous now. I admit his shtick was entertaining and endearing in a tribalistic sort of way when he first joined, but his antics have become so horribly tired and tedious, and are really nothing more than a distraction and a hindrance to the side as a whole. He spends infinitely more time trying to rile up and pick petty fights with opposition players than actually trying to play football. And all his nonsense does is rally and galvanize the home support and makes their side doubly as motivated to beat us. Not to mentoin the lengthy and growing cumulative ban-time he's racking up. Aside from that, you people can bang on about systems and tactics all you want, but when his movement is nonexistent, his passing is poor, his dribbling is pointless and dead-end, and his increasingly frequent drifting out wide leaves us with a big black hole in the box on just about every attack, it's hard not to look at him lately and see Torres 2.0.

Soul wrote:I agree.. he needs to go.
Well.....

Kick wrote:Well said, Blue.

Cannot blame Costa when only Willian is playing well.

Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next