Mr Nick09
Kick
titosantill
halamadrid2
Onyx
54 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 24 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by titosantill Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:19 pm

chad4401 wrote:
titosantill wrote:florentino likes zizou, but he looks out for number 1, if we lost to barcelona, then got knocked out by wolfsburg, and a high profile coach was available on the market, flo won't hesitate to give zizou the boot; only difference is he might grant him his castilla post back. flo's a business man, i don't think his like and respect for anyone trumps business

nah flo wouldn't fire zidane regardless, idk how its gonna take for you guys to understand him, he doesn't like firing or getting rid of people who he really likes looks at kaka or mou no matter how bad it got he would drag his feet until things got really bad, just because you want zidane to get fired doesn't mean you gotta make up fantasy scenarios to prove a point just saying.

i don't want zidane to get fired. i'm not exactly sure how you came up with that analogy from what i posted. two, based on his record, flo can hire or fire anyone whether or not he likes them; not sure kaka and mou are good examples, there was never any major offer from any club for kaka, psg where the closest link but could not agree on a fee, so he stayed. mourinho despite how much he liked him, at the end of the season with not title, the same thing that happened with queiroz and pellegrini happened to him....the fact he fell out with the bulk of the squad imo made his exit easier.

for the sake of consistency, the fact i liked him as a player and the fact i support the team, i want zidane to succeed (i wanted rafa to succeed too, though i was never a fan), but to assume florentino can't let anyone go because he "likes" them is far-fetched, and zidane probably knows this more than anyone else. if a 100 million pound offer had come for kaka, or even 60, flo would have sold him in an instant, no room for "like" in business....if he liked the guy so much he'd have given him an extension (which would have been foolish) instead of having him ply his trade in the US

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 24 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:05 pm

It's not a question of "like". It more about profit/loss in terms of political equity. He had a lot of political equity invested in Kaka and Mou so he stuck with them longer... it's the same with Zidane. With Rafa, Pelle, etc., he had very little political equity invested so he could move on far more quickly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:45 am

exactly the point i'm making....the word "like" with respect to flo and zidane is being thrown around loosely. flo knows why he hired zidane; yes he respects him, but he also knows how much fans hold him (zidane) in high esteem; its a political move, one which so far has gone very well- the flo out chants have cooled, and zidane is getting results as well as respect from the players. if things go back to how they were (which hopefully they don't), nobody including zidane is bullet proof to flo's decisions.

btw, after kaka's second season if a bid was made for him, a bigger bid, flo would have sold. him and higauin were near to an exit after the la liga win, mou didn't want higuain out cos he liked the depth (i don't know what mou's stance on kaka was), and psg pulled out from the move, cos they felt flo wanted too much. all this is business.

and just to clarify, before people make assertions on my post. i hope real madrid and zidane succeed; another coach looking to start all over again is the last thing we need right now, i want consistency, not another coaching merry go-round
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:26 am

How did this conversation turn into Flo possibly firing Zidane. Before this conversation got derailed, we were talking about if Flo would listen to ZIdane in making signings. There is no way Zidane won't be back this year. he has earned the right to have the term interim removed. I know most posters have extremely high standards with regards to coach, but Zidane had to stop the derailed horrendous season we were having and he has easily done that.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:43 am

sportsczy wrote:@fennec... James defended really hard (covered Fabinho) at Monaco and was a dribbling maniac. Not sure what happened to him at Madrid. Ranieiri is very demanding and he benched him in September until he got it. He really took off after that and did all the hard work. He ended up with 10 goals and 12 assists in 32 starts in his one season at Monaco.

Moutinho was handling the advance CM role too so he had to say wide right and cut in.

The issue with James at Madrid is the same as Isco: They bought him and immediately asked him to change positions to CM. How dumb can you be. Buy a dude to play out of position. It messed both players up.

Really? well to an extent my point still stands, Mahrez has pace, and he's incredibly gifted as a dribbler. I don't think james in any point in his career was better in that regard. Mahrez in my opinion is basically Isco with an end product and speed. offload both isco and james along with kroos and get Mahrez and pogba in the summer.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:59 am

futbol_bill wrote:How did this conversation turn into Flo possibly firing Zidane. Before this conversation got derailed, we were talking about if Flo would listen to ZIdane in making signings. There is no way Zidane won't be back this year. he has earned the right to have the term interim removed. I know most posters have extremely high standards with regards to coach, but Zidane had to stop the derailed horrendous season we were having and he has easily done that.

agreed
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by maxyz Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Recall Morata for 30 M and rotate him and Benzema up-top.
Sell Kroos and James for a combined fee of 120-30 M.
Buy Pogba for 90-100 M. So it's basically a trade of 2 for 2.
Buy Wendell from Leverkusen to be a back-up for Marcelo. Cheap and really willing to come .
Get a starting CB. Buy Hummels for 30 M,he has 1 year left on his contract and I think Dortmund would rather sell to us than to Bayern. If we don't get Hummels then get a promising young CB like Rugani/Romagnoli/Mustafi/Tah or we can spend big on Gimenez.
Starting XI:
Navas/DDG
Carvaj-Varane(Hummels)-Ramos(Gimenez)/Marcelo
Modric-Casemiro-Pogba
Bale-Benzema(Morata)-CR7
Reserve XI:
Casilla
Danilo-Varane/Pepe-Nacho-Wendell
Asensio-Kovacic-Isco
Vasquez-Morata(or other backup CF)-Jese .
I think the middlefield of Modric,Casemiro and Pogba would do wonders. Great defensively,much better dribbling and super strong with the exception of Modric.
Pepe is 33,he's going to stay for 1 more year at most before going to Portugal,USA or something. There are plenty of defensive options on the market. Hummels is up for a bargain,Gimenez is a high risk but could be really worth it. Also options like Tah and Mustafi.
maxyz
maxyz
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:13 pm

welcome to fifa manager mode.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:38 pm

No way Navas or DDG Would settle with being subs, I like DDG better because he is spaniard, but Keylor has proved his worth and we need to address other positions first, a backup LB a DM, a LCM and a backup CF

LB= Ricardo Rodriguez
DM= Kante
LCM= Pogba
Backup CF= Morata if he's willing to rotate with Benzema

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:00 pm

taking into consideration the transfer ban we'll most likely invest big this summer. DM, CM, backup LB, CF to replace Benzema most probably. James will certainly leave, one of Isco or Kroos too.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by maxyz Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:01 pm

Valkyrja wrote:welcome to fifa manager mode.

I didn't even suggest anything unrealistic. James getting sold is 90 % and Kroos getting sold for a profit wouldn't be a shocker. Recalling Morata is easy because it's already in the contract. If we offer 90-100 M for Pogba they probably won't reject. Wendell already said that he'd like to join RM and he wouldn't even be expensive. It's a summer of big changes,you do realize we have a transfer ban pending?
maxyz
maxyz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:30 pm

maxyz wrote:

I didn't even suggest anything unrealistic. James getting sold is 90 % and Kroos getting sold for a profit wouldn't be a shocker. Recalling Morata is easy because it's already in the contract. If we offer 90-100 M for Pogba they probably won't reject. Wendell already said that he'd like to join RM and he wouldn't even be expensive. It's a summer of big changes,you do realize we have a transfer ban pending?

there is no way hummels or gimenez come to us to backup or rotate with ramos and varane. vallejo is also on loan and is expected to come back when pepe's contract ends in 2017.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Question, if transfer ban is definitely coming, what do you do about Ronaldo. He can definitely play next year, but it's a big stretch to expect him to be effective in 3 years time.

Same goes for Navas and thus the reason I think de Gea is coming.

Others- Pepe - he is most likely #3 and when he is done we can recall either Llorente or Vallejo, both of whom are on loan and can be recalled under transfer ban, plus both are looking promising (one of them together with Nacho is likely enough).

Ramos - I think he is still young enough, for a CB to last 3 more years.

Modric- we supposedly have his successor in Kovacic, but a lot depends on what they do about strengthening midfield, plus whether or not they can somehow make use of AMs or converted AMs (James, Isco and Asensio)
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:42 pm

I really don't understand why there's still this obsession with De Gea when there's a WC goalkeeper already wearing the white of Madrid. Out of the many positions we need to improve on, the goalkeeper should be the the last one on the list.

Also, I find it ironic that you believe Ramos, with all his flaws and shortcomings, still has at least three years left in him, but Navas doesn't. Could it be because Navas isn't Spanish?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudio84 Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:56 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I really don't understand why there's still this obsession with De Gea when there's a WC goalkeeper already wearing the white of Madrid. Out of the many positions we need to improve on, the goalkeeper should be the the last one on the list.

Also, I find it ironic that you believe Ramos, with all his flaws and shortcomings, still has at least three years left in him, but Navas doesn't. Could it be because Navas isn't Spanish?

You're right and a keeper usually does less effort than other positons

Claudio84
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by maxyz Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
maxyz wrote:

there is no way hummels or gimenez come to us to backup or rotate with ramos and varane. vallejo is also on loan and is expected to come back when pepe's contract ends in 2017.

I never said that Hummels or Gimenez would rotate with them lol. It's obvious that they would be undisputed starters.
maxyz
maxyz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:12 pm

There are two different issues with regards to this summer signings.

The first one is what are the squad deficiencies and who to sign to improve team and hopefully resolve the deficiencies. i think we all agree that  those needs are improving midfield, backups for CF and LB as well as resolving what to do about AMs.

The second is, if the ban is going to be a reality, how do you stock pile or change team to be competitive during the 3 year period.

To that note, I'll stick to my opinions of Ramos and De Gea, thank you, but do you realize Navas is older than Ramos by I believe 2 years and about 6 than De Gea.

In any even never mind about that, the bigger question is what to do about Ronaldo. I suspect they may want to keep Ronaldo, but try to sign  a replacement this summer before the ban (if they don't believe they already have a replacement already on squad). Issue will be how do they keep replacement engaged enough waiting for Ronaldo to slow down!

I believe you guys begging for Navas to stay do not understand the implications of a 2 year ban. look what Barca did as an example. They stockpiled in their their last summer of signings and then they future signed 3 players in the year that the ban was going to be lifted.

the first thing that has to be taken care of is the players that will be long in tooth before the 3 years are up. YOu do that by either letting them go now with a replacement signing or you sign replacements that can either be out on loan or if on squad, you can give them enough action to keep them involved and interested or you plan on making future signings such as Suarez aka Barca.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:30 pm

It's a 1 year ban. We would only miss the winter mercato and the next summer one.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Wasn't Barca's two years?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Ok Sports, I looked it up, two tranfer windows i.e. Winter and summer. You're right, I appologize!

Then we need to look to winter market of 2018 as next opportunity after this summer. However there usually isn't much available in winter markets so that means replacements ( if needed) to be sought in summer of 2018. Further that means questions about long in tooth are for next two seasons not three as I earlier had thought.

And my opinion is we are probably ok with both Navas and Ronaldo.

I realize I have gone off on an unnecessary tangent and for that I am sorry.

So besides the "resolve team deficiencies", I referred to earlier, the question then will be what really is Perez's opinion of squad and will he make a shakeup or make his "marketing" signing.

I still believe if Flo's appeal(s) re transfer ban are unsucessful, he may be forced to resign!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:26 pm

I don't think so. He won't be forced to do anything. Bartomeu survived that and the Neymar contract fiasco... i don't see any reason why Flo would leave for this.

As far as stocking up... i don't think we'll get a bonafide star to come and accept playing backup to Ronaldo and Bale. Same for a CF coming to backup Benz. So you're going to have to look at up-and-comers. My wish list is:
- Pogba or Kante
- Morata
- Ousmane Dembele or Mahrez
- Raphael Guerreiro (portuguese young left back. He's going to be a star)
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:37 pm

Wishlist ? Pogba, Gaya, Matic, Dybala/CF
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:I don't think so. He won't be forced to do anything. Bartomeu survived that and the Neymar contract fiasco... i don't see any reason why Flo would leave for this.

As far as stocking up... i don't think we'll get a bonafide star to come and accept playing backup to Ronaldo and Bale. Same for a CF coming to backup Benz. So you're going to have to look at up-and-comers. My wish list is:
- Pogba or Kante
- Morata
- Ousmane Dembele or Mahrez
- Raphael Guerreiro (portuguese young left back. He's going to be a star)

First time ever you have ever indicated any acceptance of Morata!!! There is hope for you afterall!

Re Perez, there is (was) a lot of heat on him re copa fiasco, Rafa and then signing ban. Perhaps Ziadane has not only salvaged season, but Flo as well!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:11 am

Morata is not good enough. I do not understand why we don't give Mayoral a chance.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:09 am

Ibra is free this summer... as crazy as it sounds, why not. He's still extremely good.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon May 02, 2016 5:42 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:Morata is not good enough. I do not understand why we don't give Mayoral a chance.

Morata isn't good enough, but Mayoral is?

I don't see the hype behind Mayoral, because he is a Spanish youth?

What about Mariano? Isnt he the top scorer for real madrid castilla? and best player bar none.

Oh, he isn't Spanish.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next