Mr Nick09
Kick
titosantill
halamadrid2
Onyx
54 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 40 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Adit Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:38 pm

Morata can back up both cr and Benzema. Cr plays all the time so a specific back up for him is pointless. I think selling jese and buying back Morata will be a sensible decision. Is there a better back up than morata available?

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 40 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:16 pm

Morata as back up is just fine.

As far as attacking back up, i think we still need an actual winger off the bench, better than casquez, who is proficient in 1v1. It's something we NEED. It would be to be an extremely valuable signing to make due to how often bale gets injured.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:18 pm

They are not selling Jese. They want him to develop more by playing regularly. They want to ensure the loan give him starter play.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:25 pm

That still could be in the cards Nick. As it stands now there is only Lucas and Morata (I suppose there also maybe Isco and / or Asensio). Certainly there is room with the numbers.

However first off they have to sell James. He should have been first choice for Bale last year, but Lucas beat him out. Actually if you look back Lucas was first choice not only over james but Jese as well.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:25 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Morata as back up is just fine.

So why were you giving me such a hard time!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:42 pm

Asensio is not good enough to be a back up, the kid should spend another year learning in a team like espanyol. And Isco is not a forward. Having just Vasquez and Morata as actual forwards is ok, but imo we could use a better winger
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:54 pm

I don't disagree. Just that we haven't heard the club say nay to Asensio yet and Isco has been the #12 man on squad for 2 years now and does occasionally get sub in for one of BBC.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by phenom Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:52 am

Any news on James ?

To man utd perhaps?
phenom
phenom
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galactico 10 Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:38 pm

From all the transfer news, I am not particularly happy with us going for Pogba especially if he is going to cost what is being reported, it would be a ridiculous decision to buy him at those prices. He is talented yes but he is not a supreme talent that fetches at most even 80mil, his passing is very average, decision making is ordinary, defensive game is average, the only thing he has of superior quality is breaking at pace and arguably long range shooting at goal.
And to make matters worse everyone seems to think it is logical to dump Kroos for Pogba but this is the worst mistake we will have made because Kroos may not be as gritty defensively and swift breaking at pace but he is one of the best ball passing midfielders in the world this is a fact just look at his stats. He this past season had a 100% pass completion rate when we played a 1 all draw with Valencia just before Rafa got sacked and on average his pass rate is 94% and Pogba's is 83% why the heck would you discard Kroos over him. Kroos for me is a key figure for our midfield and also taking age into the mix Modric has an average pass rate of 87% and he is 30 going on 31 and keep him and let go a 26 year old with a superior pass rate to accommodate a guy with 83% pass rate, to me it does not make any sense.

I do not mind if we get Pogba or not, but I will be extremely mad if we ever let Kroos go for anyone unless if a Xavi-esque passing type of midfielder is to replace otherwise hands off the Kroos-machine.
A very useful player that we need is a DM with decent passing ability, Kante for me is vital because he is one of the best DM's on the market right now, Pogba for me is not necessary, he would be a valuable addition but we can live without him that a proper competent DM to rotate with Casemiro.

The Galactico 10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:22 pm

The Galactico 10 wrote:From all the transfer news, I am not particularly happy with us going for Pogba especially if he is going to cost what is being reported, it would be a ridiculous decision to buy him at those prices. He is talented yes but he is not a supreme talent that fetches at most even 80mil, his passing is very average, decision making is ordinary, defensive game is average, the only thing he has of superior quality is breaking at pace and arguably long range shooting at goal.
And to make matters worse everyone seems to think it is logical to dump Kroos for Pogba but this is the worst mistake we will have made because Kroos may not be as gritty defensively and swift breaking at pace but he is one of the best ball passing midfielders in the world this is a fact just look at his stats. He this past season had a 100% pass completion rate when we played a 1 all draw with Valencia just before Rafa got sacked and on average his pass rate is 94% and Pogba's is 83% why the heck would you discard Kroos over him. Kroos for me is a key figure for our midfield and also taking age into the mix Modric has an average pass rate of 87% and he is 30 going on 31 and keep him and let go a 26 year old with a superior pass rate to accommodate a guy with 83% pass rate, to me it does not make any sense.

I do not mind if we get Pogba or not, but I will be extremely mad if we ever let Kroos go for anyone unless if a Xavi-esque passing type of midfielder is to replace otherwise hands off the Kroos-machine.
A very useful player that we need is a DM with decent passing ability, Kante for me is vital because he is one of the best DM's on the market right now, Pogba for me is not necessary, he would be a valuable addition but we can live without him that a proper competent DM to rotate with Casemiro.

I would like you to print this message and send it by post to the Real Madrid HQ. Wouldn't change a word.

And welcome to Goal Legacy Smile
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:50 pm

So now we are rating players and midfielders by their passing percentage? lol

one can argue that per his position and style, Kroos does not take a lot of risks with his passes, lots of sideways passes to modric and casemiro to recycle possession, nice spread left or right to the wings backs etc... but where are the through balls, defense splitting passes? are forwards running into space immediately after Kroos receives a pass because they know he will find them in space?

There are way too many factor that influence that useless stat, i respect his quality as someone taking care of the ball and not generating turn overs seeing how deep he is playing, but start rating players on completion percentage? can we also stop watching games and just wait for the stat sheet to decide who was the best player around the pitch?

Pogba is not the passer Kroos is, will never be, but it's easy to understand why they have different stats in that aspect. 1) they play completely different roles, Pogba does not seek to recycle the possession like Kroos, which means he is not attempting as many passes as Kroos per game. So lower amount of safe passes = greater statistical decrease if there is a misplaced pass. i.e. Kroos can miss one through ball but then will play 9 5-yards passes to the guys around him, which brings him back to 90% completion rate lol, that's how useless that statistic is; 2) Pogba is a lot more attacking than Kroos meaning that he attempts difficult through balls more often as well. Passes with more difficulty that will not necessarily break the lock.

You are comparing two different types of midfielder with a metric that is hardly relevant and does not accurately translate to their playing style. We need a box to box midfielder just as much as we need a DM to back up Casemiro.

I personally would be looking to add 4 more players this summer:
- 1 box to box,
- 1 DM (you can potentially get both B2B and DM in someone like Kante so i understand his value, although he is not a good attacking player at all),
- 1 LB
- 1 Winger
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:26 pm

What he's basically saying is that selling a player like Kroos only to replace him with a player like Pogba wouldn't be a good idea...and that buying Kante would actually make more sense for Real Madrid.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:37 pm

But you are talking about two different needs then.

You dont want Pogba to come because you are afraid he will push Kroos out of rotation but it's ok to sign Kante because he wont and he can play DM so too bad for casemiro right?

At the end of the day, fans here defend who they like the most, Kroos fans are no exception. This whole argument is just about saving the soldier Kroos, no love for Casemiro, Kante can come in and take his place no problem, he has no fans here to defend him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:47 pm

@nick

While Kante is an upgrade on Casemiro, Pogba doesn't hold a candle to Kroos as far as i'm concerned. Kroos is simply a phenom in that more advanced role
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:49 pm

What makes you think Kante is an upgrade on Casemiro? because he runs around a lot? can he even play long balls, with two feet like Casemiro?

He doesnt hold a candle to casemiro as far as im concerned. I have seen Casemiro destroying the likes of PSG, Ateltico or Bayern. CL winning DM, came in and imposed himself as a starter within a season. He is a star in the making.

Kante has no vision and plays too complicated in a position that requires intelligence and thinking ahead of the play. He has none of that

am i doing this right?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:54 pm

Come on Nick, I think you've known me enough on GL to realize that I don't have a favorite player. I couldn't care less who plays as long as we're playing well and winning.

I just think that Pogba wouldn't thrive playing for this Real Madrid. He's a talented player, not denying that, but he's not suited for our system. Playing him would mean playing other players out of position, and I think we've enough of those as it is.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Lets cut to the chase and just say it as is, signing Pogba forces you into making a short term decision between Kroos and Modric because all three won start a CL finals together. This is really all there is.

-------

http://www.goallegacy.net/viewtopic.forum?t=39571
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40