elm_baraja_shaman
DeviAngel
Robespierre
Tomwin Lannister
Juveman17
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The 2013/2014 Season is No Doubt a Failure Empty The 2013/2014 Season is No Doubt a Failure

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 01, 2014 10:05 pm

There is no excuse. We are about to become Champions of Italy for the third time in a row. We have had three long years to build a squad together. We've added all the pieces, fixed our offensive line, and this was SUPPOSED to be the year we made noise. Instead, we flop in the CL, collapse at home in the EL. It's a failure. It's a disgrace. This season is a waste. No amount of Serie A titles can get me to believe that this season was a waste.

From Conte's tactical inflexibility to Tevez and the front lines inability to score in Europe, to our flopping in key moments. What a disgrace.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

The 2013/2014 Season is No Doubt a Failure Empty Re: The 2013/2014 Season is No Doubt a Failure

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 01, 2014 10:13 pm

Yep.

Domestically we've dominated, but domestically we're by far and away the best team

We've been together the longest. Coach, players, backroom staff.

Our starting XI is vastly superior. Our bench would mostly walk into other 'top' serie A sides bar Roma.

Choked in the CL, and failed to perform in the EL when it mattered. This, is unnaceptable for Juve. I don't want to hear shit about our 'budget' because between installments and other deals we spend well over 50M euros per seasons usually, and we left ourselves with no midfield depth, no left back and most importantly no Wingers.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The 2013/2014 Season is No Doubt a Failure Empty Re: The 2013/2014 Season is No Doubt a Failure

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 10:13 pm

Lol don't exagerrate mate
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 01, 2014 10:15 pm

This is no exaggeration. When we get knocked out of the Coppa, CL group stages, and EL semi's when we are hosting the final is no doubt a failure. The Serie A title isnt enough anymore to be considered successful.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu May 01, 2014 10:17 pm

we were the better team by far in the two matches against Benfica, plain and simple.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 01, 2014 10:21 pm

If we won the Prem, or La Liga this might be a small overreaction

Looking at our resources, compared to the rest of the league we must win it short of an injury crisis. We've done as expected

So if you do one thing you're expected to do, but fail in 3 other cups then yeah it's a failure

Coppa - I couldn't give two shits about. But it did happen, we prioritised easy Serie A games over it.

CL - No point going into further detail about what we all know was a dreadful campaign compounded by our defensive slip ups and toothless attack. 5 goals from open play in 6 games

EL - Brushed aside an awful team in Trabz (Who looked dangerous in our own back yard :facepalm: )

Scraped past a Fiorentina team with their best player missing and an already vastly inferior squad.

Beat Lyon, who had about half of their team out and an average of like 23. So, an upper mid-table L1 team with reserves basically.

Failed hard against Benfica, with defensive slip ups in the `1st leg and a shit attack thanks to Llorente who can't actually move to save his life and Tevez who had too much to do on his own. We need a system change above all else.

Note, Llorente is a very good player when you provide him with the service he needs, in between two winners. But 3-5-2 Llorente is not much more than a league upgrade and hasn't elevated us at all in Europe. 1 tap in and 1 header from 2 yards against RM doesn't change that.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu May 01, 2014 10:22 pm

being the sh*ttest team and winning is all that matters, you can *bleep* rape your opponent in the a** all you want but if you don't score you *bleep* did nothing, can't believe people are still saying we are the better team songs....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 01, 2014 10:25 pm

It isn't good enough for our team. It isnt good enough for the fans. WE are JUVE for crying out loud. We are supposed the represent the nation of Italy in Europe and do the league justice. Instead, we flopped when it matters most.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu May 01, 2014 10:58 pm

DeviAngel wrote:we were the better team by far in the two matches against Benfica, plain and simple.
That doesn't matter. Play ugly and win ugly is what matters. Thats how Benfica did it. Win first match, and rest the second.

We had the advantage with that away goal, and i can't believe that we couldn't score just one goal at home. :sigh:  :facepalm: :facepalm: 

Tom and Juveman are right. This season is a complete utter failure. We keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again... Conte hasn't understood that this 352 is taking him nowhere.

And where is this squad depth he is talking about? Where was padoin, peluso, osvaldo, giovinco, quagliarella, storari vs Sassuolo? Is it enough to rest 1 or 2 players only?  :facepalm: 

TBH, we really should consider changing coach if conte is going to use this fked up system next season. No excuses. Oh, did the rain prevent us from qualifying this time? Or was it the referee? Nope, no more excuses. In Champions league we screwed up against kopenhaven away and gala home. Same happens here vs Benfica...

Next season we should see Alexis sanchez and other world class signings. Tevez is not enough. One player will not win us the champions league... Stupid marrota keeps talking about revenue and shit and he really needs to open his eyes if he wants juve to be influential in europe.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 01, 2014 11:01 pm

As posted in general chat:

Conte: “The team that least deserved it went through.”
“What didn’t work was that we didn’t get that incident going our way. It’s a shame, as these games are right on the limit, Benfica obstructed us at every turn and the referee allowed them to do it.

“He gave six minutes of stoppages when we were already three in without playing, so it took us for a ride,” said Conte of English referee Mark Clattenburg.

“It’s a shame, as with two shots on target over two legs Benfica went through. Over the two games Juventus certainly deserved to go through.

“I think Juventus gave all they had. It is an exciting, but also very exhausting season, because for the first time we’ve reached the final stages of European competition.

“I don’t think we saw a team struggling to stay on its feet tonight. They ran from the first to the 95th minute. It was a strong performance, we didn’t get the lucky moment we needed to change the game, so in that sense Benfica were more fortunate.

“It was a real pity, as in the first leg there was a red card and penalty for the elbow on Chiellini, while tonight there was an obvious penalty not given. The team that least deserved it went through.

“You just have to look at the statistics. Benfica had two shots on target over two legs. That was it. They have international experience and showed it tonight, as down to 10 men they stopped us playing and I am truly disappointed the referee allowed them to get away with that.

What a whine baby. Conte is a little girl at the park complaining to his mom that he didnt get the toy he wanted. Absolute disgrace Conte. You *bleep* up, your team *bleep* up. Take the blame and move on ffs :facepalm:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 01, 2014 11:02 pm

I'll postpone my final judgement on Conte until he has some wide attacking players to work with

But, if he still shows the same stubbornness and dogmatic thinking then yeah we have a problem

I'll repeat, Winning Serie A is fantastic, it's part of our history but it's also only 1/2 of the season and it's the half that we are 100% completely favourites to succeed in.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu May 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Juveman17 wrote:As posted in general chat:

Conte: “The team that least deserved it went through.”
“What didn’t work was that we didn’t get that incident going our way. It’s a shame, as these games are right on the limit, Benfica obstructed us at every turn and the referee allowed them to do it.

“He gave six minutes of stoppages when we were already three in without playing, so it took us for a ride,” said Conte of English referee Mark Clattenburg.

“It’s a shame, as with two shots on target over two legs Benfica went through. Over the two games Juventus certainly deserved to go through.

“I think Juventus gave all they had. It is an exciting, but also very exhausting season, because for the first time we’ve reached the final stages of European competition.

“I don’t think we saw a team struggling to stay on its feet tonight. They ran from the first to the 95th minute. It was a strong performance, we didn’t get the lucky moment we needed to change the game, so in that sense Benfica were more fortunate.

“It was a real pity, as in the first leg there was a red card and penalty for the elbow on Chiellini, while tonight there was an obvious penalty not given. The team that least deserved it went through.

“You just have to look at the statistics. Benfica had two shots on target over two legs. That was it. They have international experience and showed it tonight, as down to 10 men they stopped us playing and I am truly disappointed the referee allowed them to get away with that.

What a whine baby. Conte is a little girl at the park complaining to his mom that he didnt get the toy he wanted. Absolute disgrace Conte. You *bleep* up, your team *bleep* up. Take the blame and move on ffs :facepalm:
He never and will never admit that he lost the match...
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Thu May 01, 2014 11:17 pm

Well, Llorente did score twice vs Madrid in a 4-3-3. I think you guys are over exaggerating a bit. It was and alright season, the last game vs Gala was bad conditions. I don't want you guys saying we shouldn't have left it till the last game, even though I agree, it sometimes happens, and it might've been different had the refs canceled it again. Gala lost like 4-0 to some Turkish team at home recently. I want us to sign a good RW, preferably Sanchez, Cuadrado or Cerci. And maybe also a good LB. Sell Vucinic who's wanted by many teams, meaning we could get a good 10 million or more. Quags who's also wanted by several teams, maybe 4-6 million, and also sell Padoin, Peluso, give back Osvaldo and we should have a bit under 20 million plus our transfer budget. I'm really hoping we don't get the group of death next year/ a very good group. BTW, I heard Portugal is taking the 4th place in Coefficient rankings for UEFA. And where will we be placed in the Pots, if it's the 2nd I think there could be a group with a first pot team, ex. Bayern, Barca, Madrid Etc. and I'm not sure what good non-Italian team will be in the 3rd pot, and in the 4th I think Liverpool might be there, so there could be a deadly group of death. Notice how Roma have a pretty could formation for Europe, we also need to use the 4-3-3 for Europe and maybe Serie A too. Also, would you guys sell Isla, loan him or keep him another season?
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu May 01, 2014 11:17 pm

Jorge Jesus insists Benfica “reached the Europa League Final because we played better than Juventus in both legs.”

The 2-1 first leg victory proved decisive, as it ended 0-0 in Turin and sent them through to face Sevilla on May 14.

“Benfica earned the Final because we played better in both legs, better than Juve in Lisbon and Turin. Juve are a good team, but defensively Benfica played very well,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.
“We had the advantage from the first leg and controlled all their movements in the second leg. We deserved to reach the Final because we were better than Juve.”

Benfica went down to 10 men at the 67th minute when Enzo Perez was sent off, then Nicolas Garay was stretchered away in stoppages.

“I thought it wasn’t easy to make up for these situations with Juve attacking, but we knew that we had to stay calm and our players maintained their heads. I think Benfica gave a masterclass on how to defend and it’s not easy with nine men on the field against Osvaldo, Tevez and Llorente.”

Antonio Conte claimed there was a clear penalty for a handling offence on Fernando Llorente’s header.

“I don’t think it was a penalty. In Lisbon they complained about the referee there too.”
====
That's true...
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 01, 2014 11:21 pm

He's wrong that Benfica played better than Juve IMO. We played well but couldn't finish when it mattered.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu May 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Juveman17 wrote:He's wrong that Benfica played better than Juve IMO. We played well but couldn't finish when it mattered.

You know why they played better? Cuz they managed to block our attacks well. We really did not have really close chances to score apart from the headers. They controlled they way we played and were able to stop us. Thats what he meant.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Fri May 02, 2014 12:15 am

salmano9 wrote:
Juveman17 wrote:He's wrong that Benfica played better than Juve IMO. We played well but couldn't finish when it mattered.

You know why they played better? Cuz they managed to block our attacks well. We really did not have really close chances to score apart from the headers. They controlled they way we played and were able to stop us. Thats what he meant.
Good point
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Fri May 02, 2014 2:01 am

But they weren't better, and they aren't better. I'm just really hoping for Sanchez to come in for RW. Also a good LB, and we'll see how the 3-5-2 works. Maybe bring Immobile back/a good striker to challenge Llorente, not Osvaldo. Does anyone know how much money we can spend this transfer window? Also, how would you like our team to look next year, no CR7 or Messi please, realistically.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Legend Fri May 02, 2014 6:57 am

The blame solely lies with Conte. No one else. His naive and stupid stubbornness, lack of tactical flexibility and pathetic attitude is what is dragging Juve down.

He sees this awful 3-5-2 sytem is not working in Europe but doesn't want to change it. Idiotic stubbornness.

When he joined us 3 seasons ago, he flouted the idea of playing 4-2-4 but soon realized that is insane and changed to 4-3-3. It worked wonders. Won the league undefeated and reached the Quarters in CL in our first season back to Europe. Though we had a below bar front line at the time, but nevertheless we had the right system and it clicked.

After that and one more Serie A title, Conte suddeny grew too big in the head and filled himself with unmerited and empty  sense of superiority. His attitude has changed. He suddenly sees himself as the reincarnated version of Lippi + Trappatoni + Ancelotti put together when the truth is he has won nothing compared to these legendary figures.

The way he refuses to accept his mistakes and correct is appalling. Instead, he goes on whining and bitching about everything else but his mistakes.

I pray to God we some somehow fail to win this season's Scudetto. This will serves as wake up call for Conte. It will be a slap in his face and hopefully he will come into his senses. I hope Roma somehow sneak in and clinch the league instead of us.

This 3-5-2 Craze in Italy has to stop.

Last edited by The Legend on Fri May 02, 2014 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Legend
The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Fri May 02, 2014 12:09 pm

The Legend wrote:The blame solely lies with Conte. No one else. His naive and stupid stubbornness, lack of tactical flexibility and pathetic attitude is what is dragging Juve down.

He sees this awful 3-5-2 sytem is not working in Europe but doesn't want to change it. Idiotic stubbornness.

When he joined us 3 seasons ago, he flouted the idea of playing 4-2-4, but soon realized that is insane and changed to 4-3-3. It worked wonders. Won the league undefeated and reached the Quarters in CL in our first season back to Europe. Though we had a below bar front line at the time, but nevertheless we had the right system and it clicked.

After that and one more Serie A title, Conte suddeny grew too big in the head and filled himself with unmerited and empty  sense of superiority. His attitude has changed. He suddenly saw himself the reincarnated version of Lippi + Trappatoni + Ancelotti put together when the truth is he has won nothing compared to these legendary figures.

The way he refuses to accept his mistakes and correct is appalling. Instead, he goes on whining and bitching about everything else but his mistakes.

I pray to God we some somehow fail to this season's Scudetto. This will serves as wake up call for Conte. It will be a slap in his face and hopefully he will come into his senses. I hope Roma somehow sneak in and clinch the league instead of us.

This 3-5-2 Craze in Italy has to stop.

Are you dumb, I think he already got a wake up call, losing the Scudetto won't help, let's just hope he plays the 4-3-3 next season.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri May 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Yep, losing the scudetto will make matters worse, cuz their main objective was to win it... and marotta said it himself, so I wonder why we struggled in every EL match. Hmmm....
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri May 02, 2014 11:20 pm

*as I posted in General Football section to tom
1. he had and has always had Giovinco (yes ppl can say whatever they want about him) all season, whose best performances come from a free role striker, AM, or right winger position and has great pace and vision all season long and still craved 3-5-2

2. yes I blame Agnelli and Marotta for their stupid cheapa** attitude in the market saying "Juve cannot compete blah blah" now all know revenue is increasing and pressure will be on them to get us legit talent next season which is good news, but Conte is tryna use them to save his own faults really, last transfer market it was clear he was/has NOT planned to change the sh*tty formation.

3. Conte's stubbornness is what costs us, Copenhagen, Gala, that Danish team from last year, he clearly doesn't learn, Trabzonspor, Lyon, even first leg at Benfica, you'd think he'd realize his formation is faulty but no, proud stubborn Stubbornte listens to none....

4. his love for Bonucci is why I believe he will keep 3-5-2 next season, to play that a** hat who cannot play in a 2 man backline is = 3-5-2 again next season, watch us sign the likes of Pereyra and co and and put in an audacious signing for Sanchez to deceive fans and make them excited he will change formation..... but ask yourself.....

_ Sanchez can play striker, Conte getting him would mean he would bench llorente and play Sanchez-Tevez (after all he likes mobile men and we started this season with Vuci-Tevez until Vuci injury to flopping)

- until we sell Bunucci I won't believe in a change of formation...

- Conte won't bench Asamoah, and he cannot play LB in a 4 man backline....... hence 3-5-2 all over again :facepalm:

- if we buy a pure winger like di Maria/Nani type of player then I will believe Conte will change formation, but until that happens am sorry Tom, you can keep dreaming but Antonio Stubbornte ain't changing his mindset as much as he'll hold hostages to cover his a** for.....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 pm

Our squad has improved tenfold

Asamoah >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PDC

Tevez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vucinic

Llorente >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matri

Yet our style of play has actually regressed. We rarely press like we used to, our style of football has become all about grinding out narrow victories as opposed to going in for the kill.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Sat May 03, 2014 12:02 am

Maybe he wants Sanchez so he can play both formations and have tactical flexibility, so if one doesn't work, the other will. Also, he was trying to change the formation, but I don't know if you guys realized, I'm pretty sure we went after Nani at the end of the summer transfer window but he decided to sign a new contract with Man U. I'm not sure if we were chasing any other winger though, maybe we were but I forgot. I really want Conte stepping in and asking for funds, because then I think they'll actually want to splash a lot of cash.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat May 03, 2014 3:13 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Our squad has improved tenfold

Asamoah >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PDC

Tevez >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vucinic

Llorente >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matri

Yet our style of play has actually regressed. We rarely press like we used to, our style of football has become all about grinding out narrow victories as opposed to going in for the kill.

+1
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next