larisano_is_back
futbol
The Franchise
26 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Role play - Page 3 Empty Re: Role play

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:25 pm

I think Cavani fits that bill but I don't think he would be willing to settle for a secondary role at another club after being shifted to the wing at PSG to accomodate Ibra

Edit: mt you pos Laughing

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:31 pm

Cavani is a good shout tbf. I wouldnt be against it, I like the guy.

But I mean, at least he starts at PSG (albiet out of position)...would he be alright with starting less, but playing his real position more often with us?

Intresting thought.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:36 pm

Well tbh we won't really find any striker doing that unless its just one or two matches.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Depends on the context of "playing less". Does that mean playing only when you are chasing a result or rotating with someone else????

Starting between 25-30 games wouldn't be too bad in my opinion and if he is willing to accept that for the first season he could potentially fights his way into the "back bone player list" of the team I.e. become an irreplaceable player
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:38 pm

----Neymar-----Cavani
----------------Messi
----------------------------Alves/New RB

With that lineup he could start every game.

How about Muller? He could be tempted to leave since he doesn't start as much at Bayern. He can move to the centre too and also provide something different to Sanchez/Pedro at RW. Although if Muller was signed I think one of them would have to go.

Ideally I think Barca should sign a RW/CF hybrid and a backup target man esque striker.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:52 pm

Bless all those people in this thread who believe this board is going to sign expensive elite players.

ter Stegen
D. Luiz
Zuniga / Cuadrado
Rafinha back from loan

That's all.

Heard it here first.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:54 pm

Cuadrado would be a fantastic replacement for Dani Alves
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:55 pm

Except that he's a winger and not a defender.

Oh, wait. That makes him indeed a worthy Alves replacement.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:
CBarca wrote:I have a question to propose

Do you guys think that the formation used against Milan in the 4-0 can be used on a more permanent basis?

-Pedro---Villa----------
------------Messi-----Alves-
----Iniesta---Xavi---------
---------Busquets---------
--Alba----Masch---Pique---

Obviously switching Villa with some other CF. Also Alves position is less where he is but more him running up and down the pitch on the right side.

If Alba wasnt Alba then maybe. Still need other things, like a new CB and a different kind of midfielder (I know you know that, but I am just saying) but yes, I believe so. I mean, how else can we solve Messi no longer provided the types of runs he did previously?

Though, its true, the striker would have to run his ass off..especially in the big games. They would need Alexis workrate with Falcao-ish quality Laughing

Does such a player even exist?

Right, I was simply posting the formation from last season. Ideally we get rid of Alba and have a LB in the mould of Abidal who can play LB and CB to a high level (higher than this defense Laughing ). Then we would have a new CB, personally I favor Koscielny--though his blunders in crucial games worries me-- and a new, more dynamic midfielder. Again, personally I would like to see Vidal, but I can't see that happening.

I've slowly been converted to the idea that more and more we're going to need to switch to a CF up front. If you told me before the 4-0 last season or before this season that it would be a good idea, I would have laughed, but at this point I think it's worth a try. Not only do I think it makes sense, but we badly need some new ideas up front. Neymar has helped, but we've failed at the crucial stage of the season.

I still wonder why we haven't tried Alexis in the role, but at the same time, I don't think he really has the quality to pull it off. Still worth a try imo

Are you of the opinion that Alves can still do the job? (question open to anyone)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:49 pm

Fußball wrote:Bless all those people in this thread who believe this board is going to sign expensive elite players.

ter Stegen
D. Luiz
Zuniga / Cuadrado
Rafinha back from loan

That's all.

Heard it here first.

The thread is not about the board, its about a theoretic situation. We already know about the board, this thread was creating so that ideas regardless of the incompetence of the board can be said.

Its good to see everyone's opinions on what should happen, maybe we can even compare them to what actually will happen.

Couple times now you gone on about the shit board...yes, we get it, they are fail. Let the fantasy exist in this thread.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:11 pm

Sorry, can't help it. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:41 pm

Historically, Barca have always been an attacking team who took the game to the opposition. So, I see no reason why that should not continue. As far as Pep's brand of football goes, I think you can still use it. The problem is that a lot of the things he did, are no longer being used anymore.

For example, there aren't as many triangles, passing is a second slower, inconsistent pressing, no more low driven crosses with pace, not many off the ball runners, playing 2 offensive wingbacks which sees the DM exposed. Im sure there's more, but these are the ones that came from the top of my head.

A lot of the things listed above, are no longer in use anymore. And it was these tactics that were so important for you guys. Some say, it was Pep's idea but I don't see why your future coaches cant use them.

As far as squad building goes, the squad needs a massive overhaul. And since the topic is asking for the poster to be the coach, these are the changes I would make:

Out:
Valdes
Pinto
Puyol
Alexis (25M)
Mascherano (15M)
Song(10M)
Afellay
Adriano(10M)
Cesc(35M)
Alves(20M)
Cuenca
Keirrison
Bojan
Deulofeu (on loan)
S.Roberto (on loan)

As for the rest of the dead weight I'd think you would be able to get 10-15M from them. You'd gain around 130M from there sales.

In:
Mats (10M)
Cuadrado (25M)
Cavani(40M?)
Gundogan(25M)
Benatia(30M)
K.Navas(5M)
Bruno(5M)
Fred(5M?)
Vermaelen(10M)

In total those players would cost around 150M. For the record, I don't think you'll buy any of the players I listed, but the general point stands. You need a defensive fullback, a Xavi replacement, 2 goalkeepers, a CB, a DM who isn't Song and a forward who can play as a striker as well as a winger, that's also physical and hardworking. I think you could also make do with a classic poacher.

Mats
Cuadrado Pique Benatia Vermaelen
Busquets
Gundogan Iniesta
Cavani Messi Neymar

Bench: K.Navas, Montoya, Bartra, Alba, Bruno, Xavi, Rafinha, Pedro and Fred.

Not very realistic, but these are the changes I would make.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:45 pm

@CBarca

I do think Dani Alves can do it still, but he would actually require a sturdy back up nowadays..not freckin Montoya.

But at the same time, I have a different idea in my mind about Dani Alves. I think we should explore the possibly of converting him to a midfielder.  The non blind know he easily has the passing ability, he can take on players and more importantly he has the pressing ability and workrate we sorely miss in that position.

Plus, seeing as Alba sadly really isnt going anywhere for the time being, we could balance this out by signing a more cautious rightback.

I havent said my idea but I would do as such

GK: MATS backed up by Masip promoted

RB :Sagna backed up by Adriano
LB: Alba backed up by Mathieu (reversed in big games)
CB's : Pique, Mangala/Benatia, Bartra, Mathieu

Midfield : Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Dani Alves, Rafinha and Sergi Roberto/JDS

Notes required for this section.

Its a risk if Dani Alves doesnt work out (I think he will) then Rafinha has to hit it off.

Joao Moutinho may or may not be struggling at Monaco (I aint watching, but I heard), then I think he could be a good addition. Work's very hard defensively, has some grit, can put his foot in but also is very capable with the ball.  I am really sick of buying Arsenal players, but maybe Ramsey also falls under this bracket.

Shame the transfer ban exists because in an ideal world, I would try Alves out in midfield for a year and then launch a move for one of these two.

Forward : Messi, Neymar, Pedro, Alexis and Cavani/Aguero

Gotta throw the house at Man City for Aguero I am sure.

Anyone not on this list is sold or loaned again (Deulofeu).
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Wow Dani that forward set up is something else. Can we handle so many top strikers in one club (assuming they are all on form)?
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:46 pm

Do you mean, will players get upset about not playing enough?

Maybe..but I mean, that sort of sets the wheels in motion for what will happen anyway.

One of Pedro or Alexis has to go for Deulofeu to come in and I think it would be one of these guys who would leave.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Aren't you worried about Agüero's injury record, lack of work rate and that he's too similar to Messi and Neymar? I remember Pep saying he opted for Alexis and not Agüero because he sees Agüero too similar to Messi (getting drawn to towards the ball, no movement without it etc.). Neymar-Messi-Agüero appears incredibly unbalanced, especially without the ball.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:12 am

With Aguero are you talking about putting him RW or as CF ahead of Messi?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:23 am

Fußball wrote:Aren't you worried about Agüero's injury record, lack of work rate and that he's too similar to Messi and Neymar? I remember Pep saying he opted for Alexis and not Agüero because he sees Agüero too similar to Messi (getting drawn to towards the ball, no movement without it etc.). Neymar-Messi-Agüero appears incredibly unbalanced, especially without the ball.

CBarca wrote:With Aguero are you talking about putting him RW or as CF ahead of Messi?

Defiantly as a striker, ahead of Messi. And that kind of plays into my Futbol's question.

Aguero's injury record does worry me, which is why I think playing for us in a more rotation-ish role would help him and not cost us.

I disagree about Aguero's lack of work rate and I have to disagree with Pep if that is indeed what he said (because I never actually read that). Aguero of Atletico perhaps yes, but he isnt the same player today...he goes away from the ball, he does show movement.

None the less, my first choice would still be Cavani which was why he was named first. Sort of like how I had Mangala first before Benatia.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Hey guys. Had been meaning to get on and talk a bit about this season, and as ever it looks like Dani's made a good thread. Great idea... kinda depressing that our ideas are probably better than the actual technical staff in charge.

Also nice to see Lari back.

Firstly I wouldn't agree we should change our style completely (probably comes as no surprise), but I also don't really agree that we just have to go back to what Pep did. In fact, I don't think that is really possible. I think we need to find some sort of balance and personally I've always liked the tinkering approach to managing, so I would very much look to diversify our squad options. Right now, we really lack any depth or tactical options.

I would do the very obvious and strengthen our defence, but also look to bring in players who are a bit different. Very similar with midfield, where I think we really lack muscle and energy. I really do trust La Masia, but the thing is, outside Adama, the players we are producing are all very similar. We need to buy different players to compliment them. Not guys like Halilovic.

Ok then..

GK: MAtS seems to be done. I would then promote Masip immediately. He's excellent. I don't buying Reina would be wise if we can't give him the top job.

As for Pinto. I would talk to him about staying on as 3rd keeper and taking up a pseudo-coaching role. Basically making him full-time Messi/Barca cheerleader.

RB: I'm undecided on Alves. The reason I'd sell him is partly financial, because I think he'll otherwise go the next season and I do think this is the season to plan for the future. I really like this idea of putting him in the midfield. Very interesting Dani... I would consider trying that. One thing that bothers me is the Brazilian clique. I dunno, maybe it is my personality and struggling to sympathise with the Brazilian showman style of Neymar and co. It just doesn't feel Barca.

I actually do like Montoya though. I would go for a more defensive minded player (not Cuadrado). I also considered Sagna. If he leaves Arsenal I'd very much consider him + Montoya as our players. Outside them, I really have no idea. I don't see any right backs I like on the market. How is this Aurier?

CB: With Mascherano I'd put him on the market and monitor offers. If its good. I'd sell him. Though I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him on a season as depth. He has a great attitude.

I'd bring in 2 players. I hate Italian football so I've seen Benahtia few times. I like him, but can't rave about him. I trust your opinions though. Koscielny, I'm still convinced would be a superb option. With Hummels, I don't think he'd work with Pique, so I'd only buy him if the first option is going to be him and Bartra. Mangala I would also shortlist. Subotic would be an option.

The second player... I really really like the look of Balanta. He looks like he has Varane level potential. And he can play as a left back. Otherwise a cheaper option like Mathieu would be nice. Monitor Vertonghen's situation and price. I like Laporte, but he's too expensive for my liking.

LB: Make an unhopeful inquiry about Filipe Luis, then stick with Alba since its unlikely they'll sell for under 25M. Balanta/Mathieu + Montoya, Adriano are sufficient backup.

Look at offers for Adri, but likely they won't be that high and he's a good versatile option.

DM/CM: Use Samper every now and again for the B team. In the same way Pep trusted Busquets out of nowhere despite his initial weaknesses. Samper is legit. Very intelligent.

However, clearly we also need a different kind of player. Is William Carvalho capable of playing as a CM in our system? I've only watched him briefly. Reviews are rave. If he's worth the money, maybe yes. Otherwise, I'd be asking about Vidal and I'd be using Cesc to raise money for the transfer, not Alexis or Pedro. We could sell Cesc for 50M, I'm sure. The issue is whether he wants to leave. I see him moping and wanting to prove himself or go back to Arsenal for 5 euro.

Gundogan is my next option, despite injury issues. The player I'm thinking of will start the majority of matches in midfield and then sometimes play in Busquets' role. Xavi becomes a Scholes/Giggs type player. Still plays often, but needs to accept a lot less time.

Koke is another I'd shortlist and the Dani Alves experiment interests me.

Loan Sergi Roberto. He's bereft of all confidence and not growing. Bring back Rafinha, who can play the Ronnie role or in mid.

Messi won't ever be a mid at this rate. His workrate is pathetic. I think its because his fitness is actually naturally very poor and he demands to play every game. We have to accept this because the upside of having Messi far outweighs the downside. Only in certain games would I ever consider playing him as a true #10. Its not his permanent future IMO.

Up front:

I'd sell Tello for sure. Otherwise I think they all deserve to stay. I'd bring in another option, and then just see who ends up on the bottom and sell them the following season and bring back Deulofeu. This is a year where we need to work with a bigger squad.

Aduriz has really impressed me. I'd ask about him. I dunno about Cardozo, this is the first I've heard of him being a fit. Klose? No, doesn't bring enough. Maybe Jackson Martinez. Not Cavani, he's not worth how much he'll be. I'd track Muller as well, because he could be a very versatile option for us and has a great attitude. I wouldn't bother with Reus I don't think. As much as I like him.

So..

In: Ter Stegen-10M, (Sagna-5-10M), Benahtia/Koscielny-30M, Balanta-14M, Vidal/Gundogan-50M/30M, Aduriz/Muller-17M.

Out: Valdes, Puyol, (Mascherano-min 15M), (Adriano-min 10M), (Alves-min 25-30M), Cesc-40-60M, Jonathan DS, Tello-7M, Cuenca, Afellay

Back from loan/ promoted: Rafinha, Masip

Use from B: Samper, Adama

Loan: Sergi Roberto, Deulofeu, Denis Suarez

Barca 2014-15: (not going to give a first team, but rather show the number of options)

GK: Ter Stegen, Masip

RB: Sagna, Montoya, Alves, (Adriano)
CB: Pique, Benahtia/Koscielny, Bartra, Balanta/Mathieu, (Mascherano)
LB: Alba, (Adriano), Mathieu/Balanta

DM: Busquets, Vidal/Gundogan, Samper, (Mascherano)
CM: Vidal/Gundogan, Xavi, Alves, Samper, Rafinha
CAM: Iniesta, Rafinha, (Messi only when we anticipate the need for this tactical option)

Wings: Neymar, Alexis, Pedro, Muller/Aduriz, Rafinha
CF: Messi, Aduriz/Muller, Neymar, Rafinha
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:35 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:

One thing that bothers me is the Brazilian clique. I dunno, maybe it is my personality and struggling to sympathise with the Brazilian showman style of Neymar and co. It just doesn't feel Barca.

I feel like this often happens. I think people misunderstand Brazilians, I seen in first hand a few times. To them its fun, not trying to show people up. But your right, it doesnt feel Barca-ish...though I dont know how this came about.

But overall, I dont really see a problem. Adriano comes across as a incredible quite non controversial figure. Neymar I sense is nothing like his apperance, he sure sounds like it. Dani Alves is controversial, no doubt, but on the field I worry about his commitment to winning the least of any player we have.

How is this Aurier?

Never seen him. Fairly sure Wenger is lining him up in case Sagna goes though.

Koscielny, I'm still convinced would be a superb option.

Me too, but I have the feeling he is one of the few Arsenal key players who actually wont leave.

DM/CM: Use Samper every now and again for the B team. In the same way Pep trusted Busquets out of nowhere despite his initial weaknesses. Samper is legit. Very intelligent.

100% agree, but I wouldnt offically promote him. But unlike this season, we have to get these B team guys starting the early cup games and on the CL list so they can play should we qualify early.

However, clearly we also need a different kind of player. Is William Carvalho capable of playing as a CM in our system? I've only watched him briefly. Reviews are rave. If he's worth the money, maybe yes.

I am really not sure about him, but I agree with the sentiment completely. I think the WC may be a good showcase, not just for him..but for a new midfielder, period.

Aduriz has really impressed me. I'd ask about him. I dunno about Cardozo, this is the first I've heard of him being a fit. Klose? No, doesn't bring enough. Maybe Jackson Martinez. Not Cavani, he's not worth how much he'll be. I'd track Muller as well, because he could be a very versatile option for us and has a great attitude. I wouldn't bother with Reus I don't think. As much as I like him.

For me, Cardozo isnt a fit at all. He is only mentioned because of his height. He is so incredibly slow, any team that plays a high line will probably press us to death. He isnt even THAT good in the air. His best attribute is shooting from distance with his left foot.

Martinez probably cost the same price as Cavani, or not far off it. Though he is incredibly good at poaching.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:59 pm

On Brazilians:

I understand completely. It'd be easier to judge from the inside. I agree on Neymar too. He's clearly a very down to earth kinda guy. Its just something I've thought about.

RB again:

Appears Sagna looks set to leave. I'm not sure why he isn't even being looked at in this case. He is good on the ball, going forward and can play the more defensive role we seek. He can even play CB. Yes he is short, but Cuadrado is no force in the air. He's getting on, but if we do sell Alves or someone, we will make a huge profit anyway

Koscielny:

Its what I suspect too. But its the position we really need to throw money at. Its worth trying and sounding him out.

Carvalho:

What I suspected. Its kind of like Pogba. I have a feeling he could in a way revolutionise our team, but at the same time I have great concerns. I would like to see more.

Cardozo:

What I thought. Was quite confused when I saw his name. This idea that we just need a tall player is kinda pointless. I'd rather put Pique up front in those situations...

Cavani would cost like 50-70M. So really? OK. How do you feel about Muller.

While I like Aguero, I saw him as an alternative to Neymar, so I'm not really on board with having both.

Also I disagree with moving Messi out of the middle, so that kinda answers paying so much for Cavani.

Is there anyone else?
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:10 pm

I am not sure Cavani would cost that. If its true he wants to leave, thats already PSG at a disadvantage, but also he is 27 and had a decent but not great season.

No Martinez would not be that expensive, but around the 30 mark im sure.

Muller...I dont think Bayern would even consider selling. He is really important to them and even if Pep didnt want him (I think he does) the German board above him in their forever interfering ways would never have it.

Overall, I am not even sold on the prospect of signing a striker (despite saying I would do it myself) but I do see the benefit of playing Messi behind a real striker in certain games.

However, finding the right kind of player, ability wise, age wise, price wise with the acceptance of dimished role wise aswell is seemingly impossible right now.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Kizz there is absolutely no way to sell Alves for 25m considering he's already 30 and on the last year of his contract. I would expect something like 10m.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano_is_back Thu May 01, 2014 6:29 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Hey guys. Had been meaning to get on and talk a bit about this season, and as ever it looks like Dani's made a good thread. Great idea... kinda depressing that our ideas are probably better than the actual technical staff in charge.

Also nice to see Lari back.

Firstly I wouldn't agree we should change our style completely (probably comes as no surprise), but I also don't really agree that we just have to go back to what Pep did. In fact, I don't think that is really possible. I think we need to find some sort of balance and personally I've always liked the tinkering approach to managing, so I would very much look to diversify our squad options. Right now, we really lack any depth or tactical options.

I would do the very obvious and strengthen our defence, but also look to bring in players who are a bit different. Very similar with midfield, where I think we really lack muscle and energy. I really do trust La Masia, but the thing is, outside Adama, the players we are producing are all very similar. We need to buy different players to compliment them. Not guys like Halilovic.

Ok then..

GK: MAtS seems to be done. I would then promote Masip immediately. He's excellent. I don't buying Reina would be wise if we can't give him the top job.

As for Pinto. I would talk to him about staying on as 3rd keeper and taking up a pseudo-coaching role. Basically making him full-time Messi/Barca cheerleader.

RB: I'm undecided on Alves. The reason I'd sell him is partly financial, because I think he'll otherwise go the next season and I do think this is the season to plan for the future. I really like this idea of putting him in the midfield. Very interesting Dani... I would consider trying that. One thing that bothers me is the Brazilian clique. I dunno, maybe it is my personality and struggling to sympathise with the Brazilian showman style of Neymar and co. It just doesn't feel Barca.

I actually do like Montoya though. I would go for a more defensive minded player (not Cuadrado). I also considered Sagna. If he leaves Arsenal I'd very much consider him + Montoya as our players. Outside them, I really have no idea. I don't see any right backs I like on the market. How is this Aurier?

CB: With Mascherano I'd put him on the market and monitor offers. If its good. I'd sell him. Though I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him on a season as depth. He has a great attitude.

I'd bring in 2 players. I hate Italian football so I've seen Benahtia few times. I like him, but can't rave about him. I trust your opinions though. Koscielny, I'm still convinced would be a superb option. With Hummels, I don't think he'd work with Pique, so I'd only buy him if the first option is going to be him and Bartra. Mangala I would also shortlist. Subotic would be an option.

The second player... I really really like the look of Balanta. He looks like he has Varane level potential. And he can play as a left back. Otherwise a cheaper option like Mathieu would be nice. Monitor Vertonghen's situation and price. I like Laporte, but he's too expensive for my liking.

LB: Make an unhopeful inquiry about Filipe Luis, then stick with Alba since its unlikely they'll sell for under 25M. Balanta/Mathieu + Montoya, Adriano are sufficient backup.

Look at offers for Adri, but likely they won't be that high and he's a good versatile option.

However, clearly we also need a different kind of player. Is William Carvalho capable of playing as a CM in our system? I've only watched him briefly. Reviews are rave. If he's worth the money, maybe yes. Otherwise, I'd be asking about Vidal and I'd be using Cesc to raise money for the transfer, not Alexis or Pedro. We could sell Cesc for 50M, I'm sure. The issue is whether he wants to leave. I see him moping and wanting to prove himself or go back to Arsenal for 5 euro.

Gundogan is my next option, despite injury issues. The player I'm thinking of will start the majority of matches in midfield and then sometimes play in Busquets' role. Xavi becomes a Scholes/Giggs type player. Still plays often, but needs to accept a lot less time.

Koke is another I'd shortlist and the Dani Alves experiment interests me.

Loan Sergi Roberto. He's bereft of all confidence and not growing. Bring back Rafinha, who can play the Ronnie role or in mid.

Messi won't ever be a mid at this rate. His workrate is pathetic. I think its because his fitness is actually naturally very poor and he demands to play every game. We have to accept this because the upside of having Messi far outweighs the downside. Only in certain games would I ever consider playing him as a true #10. Its not his permanent future IMO.

Up front:

I'd sell Tello for sure. Otherwise I think they all deserve to stay. I'd bring in another option, and then just see who ends up on the bottom and sell them the following season and bring back Deulofeu. This is a year where we need to work with a bigger squad.

So..

In: Ter Stegen-10M, (Sagna-5-10M), Benahtia/Koscielny-30M, Balanta-14M, Vidal/Gundogan-50M/30M, Aduriz/Muller-17M.

Out: Valdes, Puyol, (Mascherano-min 15M), (Adriano-min 10M), (Alves-min 25-30M), Cesc-40-60M, Jonathan DS, Tello-7M, Cuenca, Afellay

Back from loan/ promoted: Rafinha, Masip

Use from B: Samper, Adama

Loan: Sergi Roberto, Deulofeu, Denis Suarez

Barca 2014-15: (not going to give a first team, but rather show the number of options)

GK: Ter Stegen, Masip

RB: Sagna, Montoya, Alves, (Adriano)
CB: Pique, Benahtia/Koscielny, Bartra, Balanta/Mathieu, (Mascherano)
LB: Alba, (Adriano), Mathieu/Balanta

DM: Busquets, Vidal/Gundogan, Samper, (Mascherano)
CM: Vidal/Gundogan, Xavi, Alves, Samper, Rafinha
CAM: Iniesta, Rafinha, (Messi only when we anticipate the need for this tactical option)

Wings: Neymar, Alexis, Pedro, Muller/Aduriz, Rafinha
CF: Messi, Aduriz/Muller, Neymar, Rafinha

WB Kizz...wondered how come you haven't been on.

Koscielny is a good call. I haven't been following him much, but I agree with your sentiments, if we can get him, give it a go.

Laporte is seemingly on his way according to rumours floating around. I just hope he isn't the only guy, if those rumours are confirmed, though I won't be at all surprised if it was only him as the CB purchase.
Balanta, I have heard good things about, but I am skeptical, and it is unlikely if Laporte is coming,tbh.
Bartra and Pique will stay. Mascherano should be sold, or kept as backup to CBs and DM.

Sagna and Alves are around the same age. Montoya, I don't see getting sold either. If Alba is staying, then Sagna at RB because of his better defensive qualities with Alves either moving into MF as Dani suggested or being sold is an option.

Dani's Mathieu suggestion is also growing on me as well, his ability to play LB & CB would be a boost and could well be a replacement for Abidal.

In MF; It seems to be the majority that want Cesc gone. Hopefully the Board and the coach next season will agree, and we will try to sell him to the highest bidder.
Sergi Roberto could probably use a loan move. Alex Song could also be shifted off as well. JDS is also a departure possibility.
Guys like Moutinho or as Dani suggested to me, Verrati would be a nice MF option. Of course, there is also Koke of Atletico as well.

Up front in FW positions; I would love for us to go for Aguero or Cavani.
Muller, I don't see leaving Bayern,tbh, might not start all the games, but he is definitely highly rated there. Guys like Aduriz/Cardozo don't really interest me at all,tbh.
I think that if a new forward comes in next season, it will be at the expense of either Alexis or Pedro. Tello can be sold if someone is willing to pay his value, or he could be kept as an option for attack if Rafinha doesn't get brought back.
larisano_is_back
larisano_is_back
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 01, 2014 12:50 pm

Not my suggestion on Matheui tbh, Futbol was the first to bring that up.

Though I think neither of us are the only 2 who thought he as a good player and quite a ideal fit.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Dani Alves has told his compatriots Alex, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Lucas Moura that he will join them at PSG next season. [md]

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next