RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Rooney the #10  - Page 2 Empty Re: Rooney the #10

Post by B-Mac Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:56 pm

apparently gave a inspirational speech before the spurs game, that Van Gaal confirmed.

Captain Wazza Molenation
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:47 pm

He's relishing the chance to play top as a cf. Top confidence and motivation. Good for him and more importantly very good for club.
now only hoping van persie wont walk into the team when fit pushing roo down and disrupting everything we have achieved in the recent matches.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:57 pm

B-Mac wrote:apparently gave a inspirational speech before the spurs game, that Van Gaal confirmed.

Captain Wazza Molenation

Fellaini said it involved the CL.

I bet it revolved around PSG's heroic 10 man display v Chelsea. He was impressed by it and tweeted about it.

Those type of games is what the players will be missing next season if they don't start performing. I assume he made them wake up and realise the challenge we have coming up.

They all responded well. Signs that they respect him. Rooney taking innitiative and showing leadership qualities.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm happy about it tbh. Hpe we keep this up. The football we played in the first half was astoudning. Fellaini who I criticised for not dropping deep to create passing options improved. He is technically average and his first touch let him down too many times though. Smalling was great bringing the ball forward and we cu off Spurs passing lanes very well rather than senseless untactical pressing that everyone seems to be obsessed with.

Pool will be different, we won't be that good because they are very good at cutting off passing lanes.

Is Shaw injured btw?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:15 pm

Can't believe how this guy's form is slipping under the radar, and how urgently we need to replace him as our main striker.

Ever since Liverpool(a) last season, he's been awful, and he looks like he is declining.

When he is off form, he is so bad. Can't control the ball or pass. His performance in today's friendly v Ireland typifies it.

edit: I have a dislike/like thing when it comes to Rooney. More often than not it's dislike.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Rooney is not the kind of striker we should have in the setup we are planning to use.
He should be always in and around the box unless depay or somebody like that regularly goes forward and threatens to score themselves. But In a somewhat 'rigid' philosophy lvg professes I dont think there will be that much freedom for the wingers to take matters into their own hands.
So unless rooney becomes a poacher and stayed true to his trade, even if that means lesser involvement in the overall game, I dont want him to be our 1st choice.

Genuinely want to see Kane here. But it wont happen sadly and rooney will continue starting games next season for us.
At least it looks like van persie is going to leave. So might go for a new striker after all. :fishing: So, ...Let's see what the bait brings.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:02 pm

Benzema is coming don't worry (:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:13 pm

Probably his worst season in a United shirt, moving around different positions has something to do with it of course. Despite that his performances as a CF have been sub-par too. Blows far too hot and cold. Especially during the second half of the season.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:36 am

B-Mac wrote:Benzema is coming don't worry (:

Whatever you're drinking son, I want in.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:19 am

Maybe it's time for Rooney to become the #9 for our team.

Him taking RvP's role from the last 3 seasons is something that we need right now because Chicha and Wilson can't provide you top-class performances constantly. But Rooney is proven and he can be a great goalscoarer, he has to find the good form he needs.

Also, it will be very important if we don't buy another striker this summer. Another positive aspect could be the free role assigned to Mata or Depay. Right now our wingers have to follow strict instructions regarding positioning, attacking and defending roles...Rooney had this role of a 10, but he did too much backup runs and too much effort for the defense.

What I'm trying to say is that I can see some reasons why we should use Rooney as a striker and nothing else. In the past few years he did hard work and played CM, CAM, ST, CF, RW, LW... Shocked but now he needs to play what he likes.

And playing Rooney in the box, could give the rest of the team a few positives.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:22 am

im pretty sure that is the plan from what we saw all pre season, Depay was just behind him he was the most forward player
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:30 am

B-Mac wrote:im pretty sure that is the plan from what we saw all pre season, Depay was just behind him he was the most forward player

Yep, but still I had that feeling that Rooney didn't feel well and somehow he always thought the team could use some help if he comes like a playmaker from behind, it happened a few times every game and it didn't go well.

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Okay. Anyone still think he can score 20 goals and lead our attack in multiple competitions this season ?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Glory wrote:Okay. Anyone still think he can score 20 goals and lead our attack in multiple competitions this season ?

Yes, I do. Until now, the midfield provided nothing for Rooney. He needs support, he can't score the goals only by himself. The midfield is static, everything is happening slowly, without a chance to surprise the opponent or to see decisive through passes to the attacking player/s.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:38 pm

agreed with Vlad....we have no tempo in our game our midfield isn't exactly pulling the strings right now to create chances for him.

Game #2 ppl let's all step away from the ledge.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:57 pm

I think no amount of increase in tempo from us or chances created for him will improve his touch of a drunkard.

The guy is literally struggling to control a simple pass to him. Offers us nothing whatsoever up front atm. We should at least give Chicha a shot, can't be much worse than Rooney in this type of form.

Imperative we go all out and sign a striker. Throw money at Spurs for Kane if we have to.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:39 pm

RED wrote:I think no amount of increase in tempo from us or chances created for him will improve his touch of a drunkard.

The guy is literally struggling to control a simple pass to him. Offers us nothing whatsoever up front atm. We should at least give Chicha a shot, can't be much worse than Rooney in this type of form.

Imperative we go all out and sign a striker. Throw money at Spurs for Kane if we have to.

TBH RED, I don't think there is a lot the club can do at this point. Rooney is the captain and a senior player. We should have shifted him years ago. The guys technical ability is awful. I have never seen a top player change so much. A shadow of the player he was a few seasons ago.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:22 pm

SAF sensed he was on the decline and paved the way for Moyes to get rid and that bellend handed him a 5 year contract with massive wages, so we can't get rid.

On his day, he's a top player and is useful for us, but that's becoming far and few between. He could have a fantastic match one game, then resemble a pub player the next. It's unreal.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:25 pm

jibers wrote:
RED wrote:I think no amount of increase in tempo from us or chances created for him will improve his touch of a drunkard.

TBH RED, I don't think there is a lot the club can do at this point. Rooney is the captain and a senior player. We should have shifted him years ago. The guys technical ability is awful. I have never seen a top player change so much. A shadow of the player he was a few seasons ago.

Looks like you guys have a similar problem like we had with Casillas. Even worse here since striker is a position so important unlike the GK position.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:39 pm

If LVG has any of that famed "cojones" of his, he'll drop him.

Confidence boost after the Brugge game my arse. What a let down he's been for a long period of time now.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:18 am

No shots on target. No chances created. A passing accuracy of 55% (the lowest on the pitch). Lost possession 28 times (highest on the pitch). One touch in the opposition penalty area.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:53 pm

Those stats....my word he's horrific. An absolute passenger.

Sick of the sight of him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:03 am

Worst part is that you're moving you best CF and dynamic forward, Martial, in a wide position where he really doesn't get many opportunities at goal BECAUSE of Rooney. Makes little sense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:23 pm

This Rooney problem may well be LVG's downfall. He is holding the club like a vice grip, needs to be dropped as he blatantly doesn't merit 1st team football.

LVG needs to prioritize in solving this issue, and grow some frigging balls to bench him.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next