[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

La Liga: Race for Fourth Empty La Liga: Race for Fourth

Post by Gil Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:41 am

Athletic Bilbao 56 points
Sevilla 50 points
Real Sociedad 50 points
Villarreal 49 points

It's Bilbao's to lose for me. 6 point advantage with only 7 games to go is a huge edge over Sevilla who have a terrible defense and have to balance Europa fixtures as well. They were the most in form team before the bottlejob against Celta but I think it's all but over now.

Villarreal are *bleep* now that Gio is supposedly out for the season while Sociedad have been shit since Griezmann's and Vela's goals dried up.

EDIT: As the frequent chat users know by now I've given up on the PL once I finally realised just how poor the quality of the so called "Best League in the World" is. No longer watching PL games outside of Chelsea now. Only CL, La Liga and Wolfsburg games till the end of the season.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

La Liga: Race for Fourth Empty Re: La Liga: Race for Fourth

Post by Abramovich Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:49 am

Bilbao and you are one hell of a plastic clown.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:50 am

Gil, La Real have 5 wins in their last 8 and have had quite a tough schedule. They aren't as consistent yet always look the better team even when losing. Their defence has saved the lack of goals up front.

Athletic have had the worst month in their season by play and by results. Sevilla have been fantastic yet Athletic's continuous draws and Valverde's arrogance have been inexcusable. He needs to revert back to what worked best (can go on about that) and cease the idea that 4th spot is secure.

Villarreal simply are not good enough despite some impressive football.

4th spot truly will be tested by when Sevilla visit Athletic in the San Mames and the Basque Derby in the final days of La Liga.

That is where it will truly be decided.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:10 am

Gil wrote:

EDIT: As the frequent chat users know by now I've given up on the PL once I finally realised just how poor the quality of the so called "Best League in the World" is. No longer watching PL games outside of Chelsea now. Only CL, La Liga and Wolfsburg games till the end of the season.

Gil coming to his senses. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:21 am

Arquitescu wrote:Gil, La Real have 5 wins in their last 8 and have had quite a tough schedule. They aren't as consistent yet always look the better team even when losing. Their defence has saved the lack of goals up front.

They still have a chance but they've only won 2 out of their last 6. I expected them to push on after their convincing win against Barca at San Sebastian but they've capitulated since then and their two stars are woefully out of form (1 goal in open play combined from Griez and Vela in their last 6).

Athletic have had the worst month in their season by play and by results. Sevilla have been fantastic yet Athletic's continuous draws and Valverde's arrogance have been inexcusable. He needs to revert back to what worked best (can go on about that) and cease the idea that 4th spot is secure.
What do you have against Valverde exactly? He was utter shit at Valencia but he's done a great job since he got the job at Bilbao in difficult circumstances. Draws aren't great but they're still putting points on the table despite their recent goal drought to be fair.

Villarreal simply are not good enough despite some impressive football.
Weren't they fourth for months ffs? Calma

4th spot truly will be tested by when Sevilla visit Athletic in the San Mames and the Basque Derby in the final days of La Liga.

That is where it will truly be decided.

Agree with this. They also have a relatively easy fixture list for the remainder of the season. Only the Sevilla derby, Villarreal at home & of course the '6 pointer' between them and Bilbao are ones you'd mark down as tough. The worry is how they balance those games and the inevitable fatigue due to their European fixtures.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:40 am

Gil wrote:They still have a chance but they've only won 2 out of their last 6. I expected them to push on after their convincing win against Barca at San Sebastian but they've capitulated since then and their two stars are woefully out of form (1 goal in open play combined from Griez and Vela in their last 6).

Sounds stupid (cause it is) but its been a dreadful month for anything Basque. La Real think just by winning vs the bigger sides, they can afford to lose vs the relegation sides, matches they clearly should be winning as for all of Jacoba's tactical nous, he is a poor motivator for a stretch of games. They should be improving once again end of season as Sociedad always do.

Gil wrote:What do you have against Valverde exactly? He was utter shit at Valencia but he's done a great job since he got the job at Bilbao in difficult circumstances. Draws aren't great but they're still putting points on the table despite their recent goal drought to be fair.

What? Gil, Valverde performed miracles in Valencia. Check who they were before Valverde last season and what they did when he did come in. Their position was near relegation as if not for a Negredo performance to save La Real into the 4th spot, Valencia would have been in the CL this season and not Real Sociedad. Even Che, the man who praises nothing in his team holds him very highly. It was nothing short of outstanding.

To which brings me to a point that I rate Valverde as La Liga's 2nd best manager this season after Simeone. What he has done with a down-trodden Athletic has been fantastic. Athletic now are a very tactically astute side who still maintain the original Basque priciples within them. My criticism of Valverde's arrogance does not reflect of how I rate him overall.

I criticized him in this point due to his comments and in game deployment benching Ander (La Liga's 2nd best midfielder this season) and playing players who have no need to start based on his own unnecessary tinkering. It is what caused a gap to shorten between Sevilla and Athletic.

Gil wrote:Weren't they fourth for months ffs? Calma

Well they aren't anymore as its due to their lack of individual talent, depth and variability to which has slowly been thwarted by the more tactical teams in La Liga.

Gil wrote:Agree with this. They also have a relatively easy fixture list for the remainder of the season. Only the Sevilla derby, Villarreal at home & of course the '6 pointer' between them and Bilbao are ones you'd mark down as tough. The worry is how they balance those games and the inevitable fatigue due to their European fixtures.

Agreed. If you know Emery he is not one to throw all eggs in one basket. Either he will succeed in his dual campaign or completely fail as that is trademark him. Frankly he must focus more on the 4th spot than Europa League to which is strenous on his thin, already in fatigue squad.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:41 pm

Do you think either of these teams will fare good in CL!!! Sociedad were rock-bottom in the group that had Leverkusen & United.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:46 pm

There is no race Laughing

Bilbao got this on lockdown as much as Napoli has in Serie A.

Desperate Gil is desperate rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:48 pm

doesnt matter who finishes fourth

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:37 am

Serie A EL race= most exciting race in Europe.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down