M99
Nishankly
iftikhar
RealGunner
Onyx
82 posters

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V10 - Page 30 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V10

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:44 pm

not undeserved, but very lucky win.

Suarez should've been off, a few pens could well have been given etc.

Surely the game of the season though? Fantastic game.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V10 - Page 30 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V10

Post by free_cat Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:49 pm

El Gunner wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:LOOK AT THAT PASSION FROM GERRARD!
How can you not root for Liverpool to do it???

I know.. I mean, damn. Seeing Gerrard cry like that as everyone went crazy at FT gave me goosebumps
I've never seen him like that.

Just for Steven Gerrard. DO IT LIVERPOOL!

He deserves it. It would be a shame that such a player retired with a league title. GO Liverpool!

And go Swansea!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:51 pm

Skrtel got away with two fouls in that second half: one where he was practically wrestling Kompany and the second where he punched the ball in stoppage time. I'm not surprised the first wasn't given since those sorts of things are always ignored, but not sure how that second one wasn't given (other than typical shoddy PL officiating, of course).

Kompany had an absolute stinker today.

I look forward to playing Liverpool in the Community Shield next season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:53 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Skrtel got away with two fouls in that second half: one where he was practically wrestling Kompany and the second where he punched the ball in stoppage time. I'm not surprised the first wasn't given since those sorts of things are always ignored, but not sure how that second one wasn't given (other than typical shoddy PL officiating, of course).

Kompany had an absolute stinker today.

I look forward to playing Liverpool in the Community Shield next season.

haha forgot about that trohpy
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:not undeserved, but very lucky win.

Suarez should've been off, a few pens could well have been given etc.

Surely the game of the season though? Fantastic game.
Yeah. Game of the season for sure.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:02 pm

Shaking still. What sport can do to you...

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Not going to lie feel sorry for city because i dont like it when a team wins like that. i think city deserved to win that with the chances they created and the decisions they didnt get, extremely hard done by.

Moreover, the fact that liverpool are going to win the PL without having to face the hardships of the being in the CL doesnt sit right with me, even though it is not their fault, they have had a clear advantage over everyone else.

For me i want city to win the league, simply because their fans deserve some glory. i dont want liverpool or man utd to win a single title for at least another 50 years, let the other clubs catch up ffs.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:07 pm

REWB wrote:Not going to lie feel sorry for city because i dont like it when a team wins like that. i think city deserved to win that with the chances they created and the decisions they didnt get, extremely hard done by.

Moreover, the fact that liverpool are going to win the PL without having to face the hardships of the being in the CL doesnt sit right with me, even though it is not their fault, they have had a clear advantage over everyone else.

For me i want city to win the league, simply because their fans deserve some glory. i dont want liverpool or man utd to win a single title for at least another 50 years, let the other clubs catch up ffs.

that's complete and utter nonsense, and I hope you know that.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:07 pm

How anyone can have pity for City :facepalm:

How anyone can hope City win the league :facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:08 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Shaking still. What sport can do to you...

The power of sports.  Laughing 

Can you imagine what it must of been like for those Pool fans at the ground?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
REWB wrote:Not going to lie feel sorry for city because i dont like it when a team wins like that. i think city deserved to win that with the chances they created and the decisions they didnt get, extremely hard done by.

Tbf, he has a point. Liverpool have been able to focus solely on the league for a while now, while everyone else have been focusing on 3/4 other tournaments too.

Not taking anything away from Liverpool, just stating facts
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Lex wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Tbf, he has a point. Liverpool have been able to focus solely on the league for a while now, while everyone else have been focusing on 3/4 other tournaments too.

It's a bit a skewed selection of facts though Laughing

Because if it was such a big advantage, surely every other season a team from 6th or 7th place would go on to win the title?
Fact is without years of CL, big game experience, self confidence, and above all MONEY gets lost, money which can be used to buy better players.

But if it makes you feel better, you know, as an Arsenal fan, .. then sure, the hardsip of playing CL up to the 1/16 every year is what's keeping you from winning stuff Very Happy
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Abramovich wrote:Clattenburg is a dire ref.

One of worst in the world.

After Gerrard told him to send off Hibbert a few years back he should have never officiated a game involving Liverpool again.

What a surprise to see him ref an important game like today's.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:17 pm

They've still gone on about their business.
I mean, what do you want us to say?
They've been dealing with what they've got and that's that.

Saying that they don't deserve to win the title because of it being unfair that they're not in European competition while others are this season is quite shit logic if you ask me.
No offence.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:18 pm

Lex wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

That's not Liverpool's problem though. Maybe if the other teams focused on one competition they'd be fairing better than they actually are. Liverpool have set their sights on the league, despite what Brenton says, and it's paying off.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:20 pm

izzy wrote:

The real fans? Must have been great. Their rendition of YNWA was wonderful to hear today.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:21 pm

The_Badger wrote:
izzy wrote:

The real fans? Must have been great. Their rendition of YNWA was wonderful to hear today.

Real fans?
This rubbish again?  Laughing 
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:22 pm

You agree YNWA today was particularly great, yes?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:25 pm

So, the fans at the ground are the real fans?

Rolling Eyes 
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:26 pm

Lex wrote:How anyone can have pity for City :facepalm:

I used to hate city aswell, but i met with a city fan a few weeks ago, he was telling me about how it was before the oil money, i felt sorry for him. :lol:i realized that there was no way a club like city would ever win the league without oil money. From then on my opinion on the oil clubs changed lol.

if it wasnt for the investments to chelsea and city, the only three clubs that would ever consistently win things would have been man utd, liverpool and arsenal. with the odd club winning something every 10 years, thats unfair imo. its the reason why i really hate the way laliga is atm.

but this is just my opinion.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:30 pm

REWB wrote:
Lex wrote:How anyone can have pity for City :facepalm:

I used to hate city aswell, but i met with a city fan a few weeks ago, he was telling me about how it was before the oil money, i felt sorry for him. :lol:i realized that there was no way a club like city would ever win the league without oil money. From then on my opinion on the oil clubs changed lol.

if it wasnt for the investments to chelsea and city, the only two clubs that would ever consistently win things would have been man utd, liverpool and arsenal. with the odd club winning something every 10 years, thats unfair imo. its the reason why i really hate the way laliga is atm.

but this is just my opinion.

It's how the game is now unfortunately. There may be a few exceptions that do well without spending huge sums, but in order to succeed, in respects to winning silverware, you need to be able to spend big and offer huge salaries. Teams like Man City and Chelsea were basically no where before the bent billions from overseas arrived. However it's added a level of competition to English football that wouldn't exist without it.

Last edited by The_Badger on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:31 pm

Chico Flores with two stupid yellows in the space of two minutes, I suppose he's the player Abramovich paid off in this game #sherlock
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:32 pm

GEEEEEEEET in Liverpool won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Were going to win the league!! LA LA LA LA LA LA

Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka Chaka 

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:32 pm

Yaya out for the season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:Yaya out for the season.
blow
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:Yaya out for the season.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Chaka 

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next