Who got the better deal? Napoli or Arsenal?

+5
Lex
Abramovich
Hapless_Hans
Highburied
Kaladin
9 posters

Go down

Who got the better deal? Napoli or Arsenal? Empty Who got the better deal? Napoli or Arsenal?

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:32 pm

Higuain moved to Napoli for 32.560.000 £ (According to transfermarkt)

Ozil moved to Arsenal for 44.000.000 £ (According to transfermarkt)

Higuain's stats: 28 (3) games (3 sub appearances), 18 goals and 10 assists (Serie A+CL/EL)

Ozil's stats: 28(1) games (1 sub app), 5 goals and 10 assists (BL+CL)

Now, i know the transfer fee may be a little off. I'm sure someone can get the accurate fees, i just pulled mine out of transfermarkt. Additionally, i drew stats from from Whoscored.com, again if anyone disagrees with the stats, or if there is something wrong, feel free to mention it.

I didn't put the stats to draw conclusions from, I just included some stats so people can juggle it around in their arguments. I realize that some players cannot be measured in terms of statistics, and that's fine. The stats is for whoever wants to include it in their discussion.

Discuss

Transfer fees:
Ozil:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/mesut-oezil/transfers/spieler_35664.html

Higuain:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/gonzalo-higuain/transfers/spieler_39153.html

Stats sources:
Higuain: http://www.whoscored.com/Players/19729

Ozil:
http://www.whoscored.com/Players/13756
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Who got the better deal? Napoli or Arsenal? Empty Re: Who got the better deal? Napoli or Arsenal?

Post by Highburied Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Its a shame we didnt sign both.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Who got the better deal? Napoli or Arsenal? Empty Re: Who got the better deal? Napoli or Arsenal?

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:52 pm

If Arsenal had signed Higuain too, Özil's stats would be better as well  hmm 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:If Arsenal had signed Higuain too, Özil's stats would be better as well  hmm 

Very true, I have no idea why Arsenal didn't sign him...
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Ozil's arrival had more of an impact on the entire team and, safe to say, helped us keep up with the title chase thus far. Meanwhile, Napoli are almost 20 points off leaders Juventus and not in the CL

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Both are overpriced deals and both of them have had a sizeable impact on their team..I dont know,maybe Oezil edges this one.

If only Higuain had been more clinical in key moments,i would've picked him over Oezil.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Don't think it's all about stats, especially not for a midfielder. Ozil is there to create chances, pass, link up play etc, different to what Higuain's role is.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:12 pm

Lex wrote:Ozil's arrival had more of an impact on the entire team and, safe to say, helped us keep up with the title chase thus far. Meanwhile, Napoli are almost 20 points off leaders Juventus and not in the CL
While this is true, Napoli were exceptionally unlucky in their CL draw. A number of very good teams might not have gotten out of that group as well, and they have a healthy gap on that CL place. If they have a good EL campaign and get more uefa coefficients so they can avoid future groups of death, then I'd say they have a good chance to be the Italian team that makes it furthest in next years' CL.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Özil didn't have any meaningful impact so far except transmitting a bit of euphoria at the beginning. By meaningful impact I obviously don't mean that he's been a total scrub. What I mean is that there hasn't been a justification for the € 50M pricetag. Any sort of "taking the game by the scruff of the neck" ability. He's essentially playing like another Cazorla (in current form that's actually unfair on Santi) and that's about it. Silky play, nice touches here, a couple of assists there. Nothing to write home about though.

It's also a myth that Arsenal are doing relatively well this season because of Özil. If you take a look at the second half of the previous season, Arsenal's form was already on the rise way before his arrival. If we only look at the last 19 games (50 %) from 12/13, this is how the table would have looked like:

Yanited: 43 pts.
Arsenal: 40 pts.
Chelsea: 39 pts.
City: 39 pts.

Arsenal just continued that form into 13/14 with Rambo being the standout player while Yanited got Moyesified and fell off the radar. Overall buying a world class striker would have been more benefitial for sure. I'd rather have Cazorla behind Higuain than Özil behind Giroud.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down