Curtinho
BusterLfc
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer of 2014 - Page 4 Empty Re: Summer of 2014

Post by iftikhar Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:44 pm

They bought Rakitic for 2.5 million. How much gonna they charge!!! Suso + 10 million!!! Then they will sell Suso for 10 million in 2-3 years.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:56 pm

Liverpool are hopeful of striking a deal for Marseille teenage prospect Maxime Lopez in the summer despite ongoing interest from Arsenal.

The 16-year-old playmaker is rated the brightest prospect in the French club's youth system and that has prompted scouts from Europe's elite clubs to visit the south of France to take a closer look.

Lopez has figured against Arsenal in their UEFA Youth League ties but played 24 minutes as a substitute in the first game which Marseille lost 4-1 before pulling the strings in the return in November in a 1-1 draw.

Gilles Grimandi has been to watch him again in recent weeks but Liverpool invited Lopez and his family as guests for the Merseyside derby at Anfield.

Lopez is understood to have met with Brendan Rodgers and club staff underlined how youngsters are getting a chance to progress into the first team at Liverpool.

Rodgers, who has taken Liverpool staff for a sunshine break in Tenerife this week, will be able to attract more top players in the summer if Liverpool continue their impressive Premier League challenge.

He remains interested in Swansea duo Ben Davies and Michel Vorm while a deal for Dnipro's Yevhen Konoplyanka could be revived although they are weighing up alternatives.

Valencia's 24-year-old midfielder Dani Parejo, who had an ill-fated loan spell at QPR in 2008, has also been watched by Liverpool chief scout Barry Hunter at their recent game with Granada.

Sevilla keep an eye on out-of-favour Liverpool midfielder Suso

Sevilla have revived interest in Liverpool midfielder Suso. The 20-year-old has had a moderately successful loan spell in La Liga with Almeria who are struggling to avoid relegation and Sevilla are willing to give him a better platform.

Sevilla, who sold Luis Alberto to Liverpool for £7m last summer, are keen to open negotiations on a permanent deal for Suso who was highly coveted as a youngster at Cadiz before he joined Liverpool in 2010.

Sevilla sporting director Ramon Rodriguez Verdejo or 'Monchi' is renowned for his ability to revive player's careers and spot new talent and he believes he can help Suso to fulfil his early potential.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:16 pm

Too many reports in ONE report  scratch 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:39 pm

That seems to be perfect deal for Seville. For us, on a short term, it seems a good deal since we are still not sure how Suso will eventually come out to be. So it might depend on how much they ask for Rakitic, 40m seems to be absurd. Also, hopefully at least this time we will insert some buy back clause in Suso's deal, in case if we decide to sell him

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:53 pm

Suso looks like a poor man's David Silva and I don't think that particular playing style can cut it at a top club in the Premier League unless you really are as brilliant at it as Silva is. It works better in La Liga, imo, and if Sevilla are interested, I say sell him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:58 pm

Red Alert wrote:
Glen Johnson wrote:'I've loved every minute of the five years I've been here and I'd love to stay but really the only truth in it is that I've not been offered a new contract on any level.
'I know some people have been saying Liverpool don't want to pay me my current wages, but I've not heard that. No-one has come to me from Liverpool at all. I don't know the situation the club are in or if they want to renew it. So I've not got a decision to make other than to see my contract out because no-one is telling me any different.
'It is an unnecessary distraction. I'm more than happy to sign a new contract and I'd love to stay here for many more years. But at the moment that is not for me to decide because I've not been offered anything and I've not been told I'm going to be sold.
'I just have to honour my contract and try not to let it distract me.'

"Not been given a new contract because his wages are too demanding", eh?

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: 

Look, it's not that we necessarily WANT Johnson to be moved on, but we can only operate from the basis of information provided by reasonably reliable sources. And as far as "reliable sources" go, James Pearce and the Liverpool Echo are about as good as they come:
James Pearce: Don't be surprised if Glen Johnson is on his way
6 Mar 2014 08:18
ECHO's Liverpool reporter on Johnson's future

Glen Johnson has only confirmed what we already knew – that Liverpool have yet to open discussions with him over a new contract .

Brendan Rodgers recently told the ECHO that he wanted to keep Johnson at Anfield but insisted there was no rush to deal with the issue.

The manager pointed to the fact that Steven Gerrard reached the final year of his contract last summer before penning an extension.

Johnson’s future represents a dilemma for Liverpool. Rodgers doesn’t want to lose that wealth of experience but there is no way the Reds’ owners would be willing to match his current terms of around £110,000 per week.

Johnson is one of the club’s highest earners but he turns 30 later this year and has struggled for both form and fitness this season.

Unless Johnson would be willing to accept a hefty pay cut, it’s hard to see him penning a new deal.

Liverpool won’t want to risk losing Johnson for free in 2015 so if the current situation remains it would be no surprise if he’s sold this summer.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-pearce-dont-surprised-glen-6778494

Again, it does NOT state that Johnson is demanding massive wages, just that it is not felt his performances and fitness justify his current wages (and honestly I'm inclined to agree at the figure quoted). From that point on it's all rational and logical progress... wage cut or no new deal -> no new deal means sold in the summer so we don't lose him on a free. It's all down to whether he's willing to take a pay cut.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:23 pm

Liverpool won’t want to risk losing Johnson for free in 2015

So what club would be willing to make an offer for him, then? Can't think of any. No, I believe the most likely scenario is where Johnson indeed leaves on a free in 2015.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:30 pm

You really can't imagine any club making an offer for him? We managed to sell Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing and an injured Andy Carroll for decent fees. I could see several of the midtable sides registering interest though he'd probably also have to take a wage cut to join them. Shaktar (assuming that the Ukrainian league still exists come summer), Galatasaray, Russian clubs, and others are known to take players of his ilk and pay their wages. Heck, perhaps Inter will try for him if they miss out on Sagna, so that they can complete their ex-PL backline... Johnson - Vidic - Lescott - Evra/CAshley.

There are far too many possibilities for a potential move for one to reasonably say that "most likely scenario" to be him leaving on a free the following season.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:44 pm

I don't think BR would've loaned out Suso if he had faith in his potential (Sterling). I guess its best for both the parties if we go through with that supposed Suso-Rakitic deal. Some money + a raw player (how he'll shape up no one knows) for an experienced, established player sounds pretty reasonable to me.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:52 pm

Sterling was likely to go on loan in January until his form picked up and we missed out on Salah.

Rodgers seems quite keen to use loans to help build first team experience and sending him to La Liga I think backs that. Now if he'd gone on loan to a League 1 or League 2 side then I think you'd have a point (like Coady) but not in this case.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:32 pm

RedOranje wrote:snip.

There's a few people from this section that want to get rid of Glen Johnson.

The reason many people from this section (where I think they're getting their info from RAWK) suggest they want to get rid of him because he was DEMANDING high wages and the fact that he was playing below average preferred to let him go because he wasn't "good enough".

1) How do they know he won't take a pay cut if the club hasn't even spoken to him as of yet?

'I've loved every minute of the five years I've been here and I'd love to stay but really the only truth in it is that I've not been offered a new contract on any level.
'I know some people have been saying Liverpool don't want to pay me my current wages, but I've not heard that. No-one has come to me from Liverpool at all. I don't know the situation the club are in or if they want to renew it.

2) He was playing poorly because he was playing with 3 seperates injuries (which Johnson, Rodgers, everyfrom the club has publicly stated but no one wants to take that into consideration. To suggest he was having a poor season before the initial 3 injuries would be absurd because he was playing consistently well before that.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:35 pm

El Cujo wrote:

Suso to Sevilla with cash for Rakitic? I'd do it.

Why does everyone feel like getting ripped off in the market when we're getting rid of a player?

No, just no.

I'm all for signing Rakitic, but not at the expense of Suso.

Art Morte wrote:Suso looks like a poor man's David Silva and I don't think that particular playing style can cut it at a top club in the Premier League unless you really are as brilliant at it as Silva is. It works better in La Liga, imo, and if Sevilla are interested, I say sell him.

What are your thoughts on Juan Mata, and I guess Coutinho then?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:36 pm

Liverpool have decided not to activate their purchase option on left-back Aly Cissokho, placing Valencia in a quandary over the Frenchman.

Cissokho is on a season-long loan at Anfield from Los Che and has been handed minutes on the pitch to impress by Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.

But according to Spanish outlet Plaza Deportiva, Cissokho has not convinced and Liverpool will not pay €4m to make the move a permanent one.

Valencia are now looking to offload the former Lyon man elsewhere due to his high salary.

But according to Spanish outlet Plaza Deportiva, Cissokho has not convinced and Liverpool will not pay €4m to make the move a permanent one.

Valencia are now looking to offload the former Lyon man elsewhere due to his high salary.

Read more at http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/03/06/liverpool-to-opt-against-making-aly-cissokho-move-permanent/130719/#4o7ErIgX0r9Gewji.99
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:37 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:I don't think BR would've loaned out Suso if he had faith in his potential (Sterling). I guess its best for both the parties if we go through with that supposed Suso-Rakitic deal. Some money + a raw player (how he'll shape up no one knows) for an experienced, established player sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Flanagan Borini Wisdom
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Liverpool won’t want to risk losing Johnson for free in 2015

So what club would be willing to make an offer for him, then? Can't think of any. No, I believe the most likely scenario is where Johnson indeed leaves on a free in 2015.

Already reading rumors that Big Sam want him.He really i sour saviour Laughing 

Also think QPR will definitely be in for him if they manage to qualify.Harry and old boys clubs
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:06 pm

No way should we lose Suso. That would be an idiotic piece of business. The guy will surely be worth at the minimum double in the future. Plus his ceiling is through the roof. I don't think Almeria was the best of teams to loan him to as they are just a super shit club with super shit players who chase the ball for 90% of the match than they are in possession of it.

This season was a learning experience for him. He was around first team football even if it didn't really improve his game much.

I wouldn't swap him for Rakitic. I would love Rakitic here but not in the expense of losing Suso.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Suso has enjoyed his time at Almeria though and has openly stated he'd like to spend another season on loan there, so I don't think he's too upset over their quality or style.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:22 pm

Seems a bit homerish to think that keeping Suso is better than swapping him for Rakitic. Rakitic is already a legitimate top midfielder in Europe. If, and it's a big if given his progression so far, Suso ever reaches the level Rakitic is already at that would be amazing.

Give me the sure thing every time. Suso + a bit of cash for Rakitic is not getting fleeced in any sense of the term.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:12 am

El Cujo wrote:Seems a bit homerish to think that keeping Suso is better than swapping him for Rakitic. Rakitic is already a legitimate top midfielder in Europe. If, and it's a big if given his progression so far, Suso ever reaches the level Rakitic is already at that would be amazing.

Give me the sure thing every time. Suso + a bit of cash for Rakitic is not getting fleeced in any sense of the term.

There's no such thing as a pitching prospect.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:55 am

I could be wrong, but weren't we only interested in Rakitic in the winter break because his contract was set to expire in 18 months? (So 12 months at the end of this season.)

Why would we just get rid of arguably our best talent after Sterling (youth-wise) if that was the case? Rakitic would be cheap, he's not going to go for some crazy fee; we don't need to offer Suso ffs.

Giving Suso away would be as stupid as getting rid of Shelvey (for such a low fee) and buying an inferior player for a higher price in Alberto...

Sick of our transfer policy in the past.

We buy "youth" and "for the future" at inflated fees... (Henderson, Borini, Allen, Coates, Alberto etc) and then let go our youth for peanuts. Shelvey went for almost 1/3rd for what we gave Swansea Allen and Jonjo has the higher potential. Gulacsi went for nothing, and has shown he will be quality in the future if the Europa is to go anything by. We're now, if reports are to be right, give away ANOTHER highly talented youngster when we don't have too. Tom Ince is another we just let go for nothing. Kacaniklic another. (Last 2 examples are before Rodgers but still...)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:01 am

Red Alert wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Suso looks like a poor man's David Silva and I don't think that particular playing style can cut it at a top club in the Premier League unless you really are as brilliant at it as Silva is. It works better in La Liga, imo, and if Sevilla are interested, I say sell him.

Their style isn't that of David Silva's. Hardly any player's is (in the Prem anyway).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:16 am

If possible, buy Rakitic and give Suso on loan to them. You just have to see Suso against Atletico last time and you can defintiely see that he has a got very high potential to become a very good player. Here we are not talking about some performances in championship or in youth teams, the lad is actually performing admirably in his first debut season at highest level with 7 assists already

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:45 am

Liverpool line up summer swoop for £20million-rated Valencia midfielder Dani Parejo

Liverpool are lining up a £20m summer swoop for Valencia midfielder Dani Parejo.

The former Real Madrid youngster has established himself as a key member of the Los Che squad since Juan Antonio Pizzi took over from Miroslav Djukic over the festive period last year.

Manager Brendan Rodgers recently admitted that he was looking for signings that would take his team to the "next level" and it is understood the Northern Irishman is already planning his summer dealings.

With the second-placed Reds likely to be competing in the Champions League next term, the squad will be in line for considerable investment, and Parejo has been earmarked as a big-money signing.

The 24-year-old will command a fee of around £20m, but the price-tag won't deter Rodgers, who feels Parejo can add some dynamism to his midfield ranks.

Liverpool have been linked with the likes of Hoffenheim's Roberto Firmino and Benfica's Nicolas Gaitan.

The five-time European Cup winners have also been linked with a deal for Spurs' Jan Vertonghen while another report claimed Steven Caulker was on the club's shortlist.

Rodgers is expected to delve into the transfer market for a left-back this summer, with loanee Aly Cissokho likely to be sent back to Valencia having failed to make the grade at Anfield.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-dani-parejo-3216045#ixzz2vHRwqav3
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:14 am

I have been meaning to ask about Parejo ever since the rumors started to surface. I haven't watched him regularly but I have read indicate he is not better than Henderson, either in present performance or in future ceiling.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:57 am

Art Morte wrote:
Red Alert wrote:

Their style isn't that of David Silva's. Hardly any player's is (in the Prem anyway).

Similar style at an individually level.

Different style as City/Livepool/Chelsea(United) play differently.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:40 pm

Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool sent scouts to observe Fenerbahce full back Caner Erkin represent Turkey against Sweden on Wednesday.

Erkin is free to speak to clubs this month, with his contract set to expire at the end of the season.

Liverpool have been closely linked with the 25-year-old since the winter transfer window however, an no offers have been made according to his agent agent Batur Altıparmak.

Altıparmak has however, previously confirmed that a number of clubs from England are keeping tabs on the Turkish international.

Erkin setup the second goal in Turkey's 2-1 victory and has 11 assists in the league this season.

The Turkish international is a versatile left-back who can also play on the left-wing in attacking roles.

Erkin has been one of the most in-form players in the Turkish Super League this season racking up 11 assists and two goals in 19 appearances.

Erkin joined CSKA Moscow for €3 million aged 19 and later went onto play for Galatasaray on loan after which he joined Fenerbahçe on a permanent move for €3 million in 2010.

The 25-year-old lifted the Turkish Cup for the second year running and played an important role in Fenerbahce reaching the Europa League semi-finals last season.

Fenerbahce are currently first in the Super League and managed by Ersun Yanal.

Source: Turkishfootball
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next