Curtinho
BusterLfc
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Summer of 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer of 2014

Post by Curtinho Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:37 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Reus. . . . a little too unrealistic don't you think?

Unfortunately...yes. I would love to bring in a world class player like Reus, Kroos or Isco this summer but it is very unrealistic. A man can still dream.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:27 pm

We will definitely go for world class players we dont lack ambition thats for certain.

Last season we nearly signed Mktriyan bid the buy out clause for Costa and agreed a deal for Willian. All in the range of 30 mil.Only the lack of CL footy stopped us from signing them.

We also spent 15+  on a CB (Sakho)which is at the top end for CBs.

BR also mentioned we had 2 different sets of targets based in finish in CL or not.Wages or history wont be problem for us either (unlike when Spurs finished 4th) to attract players.

As i said earlier in the thread we should have atleast 70-80 mil to spend with the new TV revenues.Would be really surprised if we dont sign 1 or 2 top end(or world class) players.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:49 pm

Oh I think that we'll sign top end talent, but just not the likes of those three which are world class. I think the interest in players like Vertonghen, Firmino, Konoplyanka and even Rakitic is very real but guys like Isco, Kroos and Reus are a bit beyond our reach right now...maybe.

As I said before, dream signings for Liverpool, IMO, would be guys like Ricardo Rodriguez, Isco, Reus, Shaarawy, etc.

I'm not sure the marquee names are worth the extra money over some other more underrated talents as the ones we might pick up. I mean look at how Suarez has turned out and at the time of his signing he was not close to as valuable as other names we could have bought.

So yeah I'm not worried about Liverpool not spending...I just think that the biggest names out there won't come to Anfield just yet. I have faith in Rodgers to bring in the right people to make Liverpool a European powerhouse once more.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:28 pm

If I had my way in the summer I'd definitely sell Reina, Assaidi, Aspas, Skrtel, Coady, Ngoo, Morgan, Ward and Adorjan.

Not extend Moses and Cissokho.

And loan Alberto and Coates for sure. I think Coates will be a very good player in the future with the right club and selling him now would probably be a terrible peace of business.

Keep Ibe, Ilori, Robinson, and Teixeira on the possibly loan list until after preseason and see how they do.

Keep Johnson on possibly sell list depending on who in the fullback positions we could get in the summer.

Goalkeepers: Mignolet, Jones

Fullbacks: Enrique, Johnson, Flanagan, Wisdom, Kelly, Robinson

Centerbacks: Sakho, Agger, Kolo, Ilori

Midfielders (CM/DM): Gerrard, Henderson, Allen, Lucas

Midfielders (AM): Coutinho, Suso, Teixeria

Wing forwards: Sterling, Ibe

Forwards: Suarez, Sturrdige, Borini

*players in italics not completely guaranteed their spots in the squad.

As you can see it's still a very thin squad. Some necessities are.

1 Fullback (RB/LB think it wouldn't matter much, obviously keep Johnson if it's LB)
1 Center Back (More specifically a RCB. Someone to complement Sakho would be even better).
1 Midfielder (Don't think we need an absolute out and out AM, attacking minded CM with a good eye for goal is more of what we need. Someone versatile enough to play both AM/CM positions equally well.)

1 Wing Forward (Sterling is the only player that fits this role on the current squad. We have other versatile players that cover these positions but it's only Sterling's actual position)

1 Forward (This kind of ties with above. We can get 2 wing forwards and still be in good shape. Get someone versatile enough in the Suarez/Sturridge mold that can play multiple positions. But two attacking threats is a necessity because we're short on top outside our exceptional starters.)

These 5 player signings should be the absolute minimum in the summer. If we want to compete then MUST MUST MUST strengthen those positions.

Best in the world signings: Lahm, Thiago Silva, Vidal, Ronaldo, Messi

Dream signings: Shaw, Benatia, Kroos, Konoplyanka, Reus

Realistic signings: Rodriguez/Chambers, Papa/Castan, Pjanic/Rakitic/Strootman/Mkh, Konoplyanka/Griezmann, Muriel/Pato/Yarmolenko/Jovetic.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Don't think we can afford the luxury of signing 2 forwards in the next window.

One wide forward who can play center would do.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:56 pm

Gerrard
Barkley Henderson

How about this?
Regardless of the chances.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:00 pm

It depends on Barkley's work rate. If he can be doggy and aggressive like Coutinho was against Everton (4-0) and Arsenal (5-1) then it'll work. I think every other quality of a player comes secondary after work rate in those two roles in front of Stevie. Which is Mickey would've been an absolutely blinder of a signing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:04 pm

And with regards to not having the funds for 2 forwards. I disagree. Think not having spent any of the winter cash will just add to the summer pile. We've got CL money (hopefully), the new TV deal, the new sponsorship deals, player sales, they could all accumulate to a very nice number.

Obviously FSG's primary goal was to get CL, and I'm sure they aren't planning on losing on the top 4 and the opportunities it brings anytime soon.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:20 pm

McAgger wrote:And with regards to not having the funds for 2 forwards. I disagree. Think not having spent any of the winter cash will just add to the summer pile. We've got CL money (hopefully), the new TV deal, the new sponsorship deals, player sales, they could all accumulate to a very nice number.

Obviously FSG's primary goal was to get CL, and I'm sure they aren't planning on losing on the top 4 and the opportunities it brings anytime soon.

All of that income isn't going to be there in the summer, though. And we have expenses, too, if I remember right we have made two consecutive £40m annual losses, which is quite a hefty sum. Our financial report for previous season is due any time now, by the way, maybe that could give a little indication, too.

If I had to guess, I'd say I'm expecting a £20m-£30m net spend in the summer. One big money signing and one or two smaller ones, depending on how we manage to move on some fringe players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:34 pm

Art Morte wrote:
McAgger wrote:And with regards to not having the funds for 2 forwards. I disagree. Think not having spent any of the winter cash will just add to the summer pile. We've got CL money (hopefully), the new TV deal, the new sponsorship deals, player sales, they could all accumulate to a very nice number.

All of that income isn't going to be there in the summer, though. And we have expenses, too, if I remember right we have made two consecutive £40m annual losses, which is quite a hefty sum. Our financial report for previous season is due any time now, by the way, maybe that could give a little indication, too.

If I had to guess, I'd say I'm expecting a £20m-£30m net spend in the summer. One big money signing and one or two smaller ones, depending on how we manage to move on some fringe players.

I know all of our income won't be there to spend, but we'll have the money to strengthen that I'm sure of. As far as how we use that money, well we do have Ian Ayre as MD so you never know.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:18 pm

McAgger wrote:If I had my way in the summer I'd definitely sell Reina, Assaidi, Aspas, Coady, Ngoo, Morgan, Ward and Adorjan.

Not extend Moses and Cissokho.

And loan Alberto and Coates for sure. I think Coates will be a very good player in the future with the right club and selling him now would probably be a terrible peace of business.

I'm with you here for sure on all of it except for selling Skrtel, he's still an effective player here (unless it facilitates the signing of an elite CB to replace him). I like Coates a lot still, and I don't think any of the above will be impact players for Liverpool. There just won't be a fit, especially as we continue to bring in other players and Academy players come up.

Goalkeepers: Mignolet, Jones
Fullbacks: Enrique, Johnson, Flanagan, Wisdom, Kelly
Centerbacks: Sakho, Skrtel, Agger, Touré
Midfielders: Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Lucas, Allen
Attackers: Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge, Borini

Optionals: McLaughlin, Coates, Ilori, Suso, Texeira, Alberto, Yesil

I've arranged how I see our squad a little differently. The 'optionals' are guys that we could either keep around or loan out depending on the summer signings in order to provide depth or experience for them. I think that Ilori, Texeira and Alberto will stick around for sure, but Suso has mentioned another loan spell already, McLaughlin is still young and Yesil hasn't had consistent play time.

As you can see it's still a very thin squad. Some necessities are:

Fullback, centreback, midfielder and 2 attackers.

These 5 player signings  should be the absolute minimum in the summer. If we want to compete then MUST MUST MUST strengthen those positions.

Again I agree for the most part but I would rather see 2 midfielders added as we have some players that can slot up into the attacking role available already while I think that the midfield is probably the most demanding area of the pitch (I think anyway) and should have the most depth.

Dream signings: Thiago Silva, Ricardo Rodriguez, Axel Witsel, Toni Kroos/Isco and Marco Reus. (We could dream to sign one of these this summer.)
Top end signings: Jan Vertonghen, Luke Shaw/Calum Chambers, Kevin Strootman, Roberto Firmino and Antoine Griezmann. (Maybe one or two of these?)
'Realistic' signings: Steven Caulker, Ryan Bertrand/Ashley Cole, Daley Blind/Ignacio Camacho, Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu and Yevhen Konoplyanka. (More likely than others.)

Other signings for youth/depth: Martin Hinteregger, Kevin Kampl, Luciano Vietto, Will Hughes etc. (Players we've been linked to.)

If our summer involved us acquiring Ricard Rodriguez, Steven Caulker, Ignacio Camacho, Roberto Firmino and Yehven Konoplyanka I think it would be one of the best summers in recent memory. I think it's a realistic mix of the categories above, but anyway...there's a long way to go until then.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:25 pm

Barkley is shit. Keep him away from Anfield away.

a CB, FB, Mid, Wide player for sure. If Borini is coming back, then no striker, if he is being sold, we need a new striker as well.

Choices ?

Godin, Piszcek (Coentrao), Rakitic, Konoplyanka, Pizzaro (Yes, the Bayern guy, would be great for depth. 4 good strikers).

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:35 pm

Pizarro is like 37, isn't he? Plus he's a chavski fan and a former player of theirs. Not a fan.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Shaw is a Chelsea fan, so forget him. Get Chambers, Griezzman/Konoplyanka,a CB (Schar from Basel, Godin, Nkolou, Howedes, Papadopolous even Kaya from Galata would be a good choice) and a midfielder (Xhaka/Rakitic/Pjanic if achievable)
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:42 am

Clyne is better than Chambers. lol

Howedes is a good shout, actually. How's he doing this season? Kaya is also very very good from what I've seen in the CL. The kids like 21, too.

@Sepi: Barkley is not shit. I don't want to see him at Liverpool, but he's definitely not shit. Keep in mind Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho now, and every other young player goes in a "dip in form".

@Nish: I'd rather Lallana over Barkley, but I don't want him starting. Kroos or Hamsik > all from me. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:18 am

Admit it. You just like Hamsik's hair.  Evil or Very Mad 
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:43 am

El Cujo wrote:Admit it. You just like Hamsik's hair.  Evil or Very Mad 

He needs his hair man. Sad

Look at him bald:

Summer of 2014 - Page 3 Attachment
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:53 am

Bald is beautiful :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:38 am

yeah I can definitely see that in your avatar :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Red Alert wrote:
El Cujo wrote:Admit it. You just like Hamsik's hair.  Evil or Very Mad 

He needs his hair man. Sad

Look at him bald:

Summer of 2014 - Page 3 Attachment

This is actually terrifying.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:18 pm

God I want Kroos so badly in LFC shirt.
 :coffee: 
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:47 pm

Let's keep the unrealistic wishes and dreams to the "Ideal Team" thread... or don't, as I won't be around enough for it to bug me.

Reus doesn't seem like a realistic option, as Liverpool simply won't appear to be a step up from Dortmund, even with CL football. Add to that the price (in wages and fee) for an area we're relatively well off in and the interest from some of the "super clubs" (financially speaking) and I simply can't see that move ever happening. I'm not sure if Kroos is any more likely, to be honest, but at least his contract situation makes it appear that way for now.

I also think it's time for people to move on from Papadopoulos. He's nearly doubled his entire season's minutes in his appearance against Bayern (had 97 leading up to that, 90 of which were with Schalke's B team) and that was not a confident display from him, though the red card was unfortunate. He's been on Schalke's bench since his return from injury in mid-December and it has NOT been down to fitness, he's simply been unable to convince the manager that he deserves to be starting. If we move for any CB from Schalke, it should be a cheeky bid for Howedes, unlikely as it may be.

While I do expect that the club will return for Konoplyanka, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we walked away at the first sign of a bidding war (transfer fee or wages) as Sterling has shown himself to be a real option as a starter and there will be other possibilities to reinforce the attack for better prices (than what we'd get bidding against Spuds/Zenit/etc).

As for Caulker, DTOR and I have discussed this a bit and I tend to share his opinion. Caulker wouldn't be a direct upgrade on any of our current trio of first team CBs (Skrtel, Agger, Sakho) but he is very young and looks to have a good potential. As a signing that rotates with Skrtel he could be a decent investment, especially if Cardiff get relegated. All of that said, I have a feeling this link ties directly into Rodgers quotes on the club drawing up two separate plans for the summer... one for moves if/when we return to the Champions League and another in case we miss out. Caulker, I'd hazard a guess, falls into the second category.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:12 am

"I'm at Almería on loan from Liverpool so it doesn't depend just on my decision," Suso said.
"Almeria have given me the chance to play in the first division and I would not mind at all continuing here one more season, but as I said, it does not depend just on me."

__

I'd bring him back to Liverpool.  Sad

Sterling and Suso
Suarez and Sturridge

SASASAS  silent 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:17 am

Glen Johnson wrote:'I've loved every minute of the five years I've been here and I'd love to stay but really the only truth in it is that I've not been offered a new contract on any level.
'I know some people have been saying Liverpool don't want to pay me my current wages, but I've not heard that. No-one has come to me from Liverpool at all. I don't know the situation the club are in or if they want to renew it. So I've not got a decision to make other than to see my contract out because no-one is telling me any different.
'It is an unnecessary distraction. I'm more than happy to sign a new contract and I'd love to stay here for many more years. But at the moment that is not for me to decide because I've not been offered anything and I've not been told I'm going to be sold.
'I just have to honour my contract and try not to let it distract me.'

"Not been given a new contract because his wages are too demanding", eh?

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:59 pm

Liverpool have reportedly watched Croatian midfielder Ivan Rakitic for some time, yet a possible deal to bring him to Anfield was always going to be a difficult prospect.

Loved in Seville as one of their own, Rakitic has proven why he’s such a special player this season with a number of phenomenal displays. From a midfield position, the 25-year-old has contributed to 18 goals by means of goals and assists in 24 La Liga starts – a record well worthy of his reported €40m release clause.

The Croatian international’s contract is set to expire in 2015, yet he has provisionally extended that deal. The only stumbling block between the two parties is the decreasing of his current release clause, one which could be dropped significantly.

Liverpool stand little chance of signing the star for €40m, however, a new incentive has come to light and it might significantly boost the Reds’ chances.

According to the Spanish paper ElDesmarque, Sevilla are interested in Liverpool’s Spanish U21 international Suso.

Suso to Sevilla with cash for Rakitic? I'd do it.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:44 pm

They bought Rakitic for 2.5 million. How much gonna they charge!!! Suso + 10 million!!! Then they will sell Suso for 10 million in 2-3 years.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23 ... 43  Next