ExtremistEnigma
urbaNRoots
Lex
Highburied
Gil
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Better player, Sturridge or Aguero? - Page 2 Empty Re: Better player, Sturridge or Aguero?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:23 am

rofl

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Better player, Sturridge or Aguero? - Page 2 Empty Re: Better player, Sturridge or Aguero?

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:15 am

He's not wrong you know

He wasn't the only reason, but he was one of the main reasons.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:30 am

Gil wrote:Aguero 17 games, 15 goals, 5 assists
Sturridge 18 games, 16 goals, 4 assists
The stats are nowhere as close as you propose. As of 2 weeks ago Aguero scored or assisted a goal every 46 minutes and Sturridge every 91.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:44 am

Kick wrote:Aguero. I'll wait till Sturridge can reproduce this form over a long period of time.
Oh yeah.. I forgot how consistent Aguero has been since last season.

lszanto wrote:Yet they seemed just fine when he was out injured. City can't even score against Norwich.
And when Suarez was out for 10 games, we seemed fine as well.

We lose effectiveness in front of the goal in Sturridge's absence. Simple as that.

Seriously though, Sturridge probably the better striker, Aguero the better overall player. Sturridge more consistent too.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:48 am

The Franchise wrote:
Gil wrote:
lszanto wrote:

Look at City with and without Aguero and not at skewed stats and then ask yourself who the better player is.
Look at how since Sturridge was bought, Liverpool went from a midtable team to legitimate title contenders in just over a year.

Yeah, Sturridge was the main reason for that.

Gil, shut up lol

He's actually right but I don't think we're title challengers. The defence is too fragile atm (but we should be getting Agger/Sakho back soon), and we play so average on the road...

Sturridge coming in has given Suarez more freedom and less pressure so he can play his natural game. He also gives Liverpool another CONSISTENT goalthreat; something we've lacked for years now. Bar "SAS" we don't have too many goalscorers in within the team.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:11 am

Gil, Hazard vs Sturridge. And goooo. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:37 am

Having Studridge on the team is cheating to be fair. We basically start the game on +1 handicap. Gets injured for 2 months, then scores in 8 consecutive games since his return :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:39 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Having Studridge on the team is cheating to be fair. We basically start the game on +1 handicap. Gets injured for 2 months, then scores in 8 consecutive games since his return :bow:

It's funny how everyone's saying Aguero is injury prone / has missed games to try and make Sergio look better but Sturridge has missed the same amount of game time.  Very Happy 

(Although I still think Aguero is the better talent/player, Sturridge is better for Liverpool as he compliments Suarez so I don't know who to vote for.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:42 am

I know you're joking but still:

Sturridge PL minutes: 1415 = 15.7 x 90
Aguero PL minutes: 1189 = 13.2 x 90

If pool fans can say they'd honestly take Danny over Kun then good on them  Smile 
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:52 am

Should of wrote similiar instead of same, apologies.

Sturridge has only started one game more. The remainding minutes (which is what, a game a half?) have all came from the bench. Sergio has missed more time, but Daniel has missed quite a bit too was all I meant.

Aguero has a goal return every 79.9 minutes.
Daniel has a goal return every 88.6 minutes.
Suarez has a goal return every 81.9 minutes.
(Sturridge is doing quite well in comparison to WC talents and is still fairly young. Keep in mind Luis/Sergio are in their prime/approaching it.)

Aguero is the better player/talent but Sturridge compliments Suarez/Liverpool a lot more right now so I think majority of Liverpool fans would take Daniel over Aguero right now. That doesn't necessary mean he's the player, though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:05 am

Mario Gomez in 11/12: 41 goals in 52 games.

Agüero in 11/12: 30 goals in 48 games.

Gomez > Agüero.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:59 am

Aguero easily tbh
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:44 am

Only goals and assists matter  Proud Gomez the king  Proud
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:25 am

So...not Suarez increased level and goal scoring, not the tactics, not the coaching....but Sturridge? K people.

All these twisting of truths just to try and make an argument that Strurridge is the level of Aguero?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:31 am

Typical Gil thread, overreaction and overrating at its finest.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:58 am

The Franchise wrote:So...not Suarez increased level and goal scoring, not the tactics, not the coaching....but Sturridge? K people.

All these twisting of truths just to try and make an argument that Strurridge is the level of Aguero?

Sturridge HAS been one of the biggest factors for our improvements though. Daniel and Luis ("SAS") have made up 77% of Liverpool's goals this season in the PL. Yes, 77%.  Laughing 

The tactics have been to get the best out of Daniel right now.

Suarez increased his level and goal scoring came for two reasons, one he's finally adapted to Liverpool (he had a slow start at Ajax too) but more importantly, he's finally playing next to a CF. Luis has always been best "playing off" the main forward, he's always been more of a creative player than a finisher. He's only had to adapt to the CF role in the last couple of years since he's been at Liverpool because we've had the likes of Carroll up top...

And no one's stated Sturridge is better than Aguero. We're just appreciating the fact that he's going with Aguero right now, and he doesn't look like he's going to drop his form any time soon. He's been consistent since the very start of 2013 and only look's like he's going to get better.

Sturridge now averages a goal contribution per game for Liverpool – thirty goals and seven assists in thirty-seven appearances.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:12 pm

This current Sturridge is soo gonna beat Torres with LFC.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Kick wrote:So Atletico while Aguero was there was better than the current Liverpool team?

Nowhere near as good. Arte either forgot, isnt thinking straight or thinks on the PL exists.

Yeah, I was only writing on PL basis, it gets complicated, imo, when you start comparing leagues.

I think it's been very close between Sturridge and Aguero this season, but if you had to put money on who will perform better in the next few seasons, yeah, I'd bet on Aguero.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:55 pm

Red Alert wrote:
The Franchise wrote:So...not Suarez increased level and goal scoring, not the tactics, not the coaching....but Sturridge? K people.

Sturridge HAS been one of the biggest factors for our improvements though. Daniel and Luis ("SAS") have made up 77% of Liverpool's goals this season in the PL. Yes, 77%.  Laughing 

The tactics have been to get the best out of Daniel right now.

Suarez increased his level and goal scoring came for two reasons, one he's finally adapted to Liverpool (he had a slow start at Ajax too) but more importantly, he's finally playing next to a CF. Luis has always been best "playing off" the main forward, he's always been more of a creative player than a finisher. He's only had to adapt to the CF role in the last couple of years since he's been at Liverpool because we've had the likes of Carroll up top...

And no one's stated Sturridge is better than Aguero. We're just appreciating the fact that he's going with Aguero right now, and he doesn't look like he's going to drop his form any time soon. He's been consistent since the very start of 2013 and only look's like he's going to get better.

Sturridge now averages a goal contribution per game for Liverpool – thirty goals and seven assists in thirty-seven appearances.

Serious question, are you intentionally not following the discussion here?

I dont know why your telling all this stuff I basically already know. Its a simple thing I said, Sturridge is not THE main reason for Pools play...I didnt say he isnt part of it, I didnt say he doesnt deserve credit...key words here are THE (meaning just one) and main (most important).

Unless someone says he is the main reason, I really dont have an arguement to put out there.

And I didnt say anyone said he is better than Aguero...I am questioning anyone who says he is even on Augero's level.

So, I am not sure why you are quoting me actually.

Your telling me noone is saying he is better than Augero...like I am here complaining that people are saying he is better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:15 pm

I quoted you because I thought you were responding to my post above it where I was defending Gil's quote:

"Look at how since Sturridge was bought, Liverpool went from a midtable team to legitimate title contenders in just over a year."

What he said here wasn't false. Again, there's other factors out there, but Sturridge is one of "the" main ones for Liverpool's "top" season thus far. His signing may even be the most important to us getting a top four spot and getting us out of this mid-table slump we've had for the last 5 seasons. So he might have been exaggerating his prescence, but it's not like he went over the top with his statement.

Also, the comparison between Aguero and Sturridge here isn't about quality, the title here is misleading. If you read the OP, it's who would you rather have in your team. Sturridge compliments Suarez, and helps Liverpool. Hence why I've picked Daniel over Sergio. I only quoted you because I thought you were responding to me, so apologies.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:35 pm

My problem with Gil was not that quote, the quote is a fact (kind of, because I dont think Pool are legit title contenders just yet really)...my problem is that he is attributing Sturridge being "the" main reason for change.

No question he is part of it, noone can deny that...but there is a big leap from a big part of it to the main reason for it.

As for the better player or who you would rather have, I am not saying anyone in particular (other than Gil) but there seems to be a feeling here that because Sturridge has been part of (or the if your Gil) the reason for improvement that it puts him on the same level of Aguero and that to me makes no sense.

I dont think it is right when players are judged people based solely on stats and/or achievements (especially non title ones).
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Aguero is the better player. 1 season with good form doesn't mean you're on par with someone who's been doing it for years.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:38 pm

I could never ever tell if Gil's threads are trolling or serious. Awesome poster but gosh...

Anyway, Aguero...by a lot. Gil never put it the comparison in any context in his OP so I assume he is asking who is the better player and without a doubt, it's Aguero.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:38 pm

Doc wrote:I could never ever tell if Gil's threads are trolling or serious. Awesome poster but gosh...

Anyway, Aguero...by a lot. Gil never put it the comparison in any context in his OP so I assume he is asking who is the better player and without a doubt, it's Aguero.

No striker in the world is "BY A LOT" better than Sturridge. Not even Suarez.

Sturridge is the anti-stat pad. He scores exactly one goal, EVERY GAME. Like, EVERY GAME. The consistency is amazing.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:36 pm

Dearest Natalie, t'was my own opinion and not necessary a fact to which you are factually correct, no striker is a lot better. But in the world of Doc, Aguero >>>>>>>>>> Sturridge.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:37 pm

The kind of hyperbole used in this thread would make one wonder whether Heskey and Del Piero are being compared. Anyways, a nice bump-worthy thread in a couple of years' time.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next