Onyx
Adit
Valkyrja
Le Samourai
13 posters

Go down

Lopez Empty Lopez

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:13 pm

I flat out think Iker is better and the part of the season that actually matters is approaching.

Discuss.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Lopez Empty Re: Lopez

Post by Valkyrja Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:15 pm

He is a good keeper who was in the form of his life. Now he's showing his true value. He is by no means bad, but at the same time by no means great.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:26 pm

I think he needs competition in League games. The second goal conceded was bad, he didnt get enough power in his legs.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Casillas is the best in the World at his peak and better than Lopez. Hopefully he gets his starting spot back soon.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:42 pm

Or how about that was a really well executed free kick?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:58 pm

it wasnt the case thoug, Lopez was too late to jump which is why his jump resulted in a weak jump.Nope, that wasnt a pacey freekick.

Lopez New

Lopez Untitled
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:06 pm

OP is overreacting. 3 goals conceded in Bilbao and Villarreal were unsaveable, well timed and hit goals. But please go on with how Casillas deserves a shot.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:08 pm

I thought it was somebody in the middle of the wall who failed to jump in time. Think it was Alonso not sure though. Dos Santos' fk was not hit with any power neither was it too high for our guys to block it. We just reacted very late in the wall

Lopez should not be blamed for that. I have realised he has a habit of failing to save long shots though. Considering his size I would've thought that to be his speciality but no.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:24 am

nope, still lopez.

not liking casilas victim mentality shaped eyebrown at the moment.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:41 am

Benching Casillas for Lopez is a crime.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Whilst i prefer saint iker, its best carlo leaves things as they are till the end of the season and then an assessment can be made. First of all, it will be a little harsh on lopez, during crunch time of the season to bench him in the league; it'll dent his confidence. it will also put a lot of pressure on casillas and any mistake he makes will be placed on a microscope by the media and those who do not like him. The same way any little error lopez makes is placed on a microscope. Let's not forget, iker has had major problems with free kicks in his career, free kicks appear to be his kryptonite, so let's take it easy with this villareal free kick goal....
The only way i see carlo altering the goalie situation is if we exit champions league early (hopefully we won't). But its best for both parties that things stay as is for now, until the season ends.....Just for argument sake, imo lopez is good but iker is better... form is temporary, class is permanent
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:20 pm

Real Madrid goalkeeper Diego Lopez has thanked Iker Casillas for his recent praise and insisted their relationship is a positive one.

The players are vying for a starting spot with Los Blancos but Lopez is usually the goalkeeper chosen in the League by Carlo Ancelotti, with Casillas playing in the Cup and the Champions League.

Lopez was in goal for Madrid’s 1-0 win over Malaga on Saturday and said despite the team’s performance being a little sub-par, they still deserved the win.

“We had many chances to score more goals,” Lopez told reporters after the final whistle.

“We controlled the game, although the score led to some uncertainty near the end.

“It was clearly not our best game but we didn’t have many problems. We were in control.

“With a 1-0 score line you should have finished the game before the final whistle and while it was tight, it hasn’t cost us.

“We should continue with the same mood and playing the same way, picking up points.”

Lopez added that the upcoming Clasico with Barcelona on March 23 is an important game but no more important than any of the 10 remaining League fixtures.

“It’s game-by-game and there are 10 more, not just the Clasico, although it matters a lot,” he continued.

“We’ll be four points ahead for that game and it’s important to arrive with strength and desire.

“It’s a great opportunity and while it’ll be difficult, it’s at our stadium and in front of our fans. The team is very good.”

On the subject of Casillas - who recently said that Lopez was a major reason Madrid are leading the League - Lopez was equally complimentary.

“I respect everyone’s opinion and I want to help my club, and fight for the team as Iker does,” Lopez said.

“He is the captain and an icon and I appreciate his words.

“I’m a lot happier when I play but I like Iker a lot.

“We’re competing for a place in the biggest team in the world. I demand a lot of myself and keep demanding more.

“I will always respect the Coach. He has three goalkeepers to choose from but I think Iker and I are doing well,” Lopez concluded.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Real Madrid goalkeeper, Diego Lopez gave an in-depth interview ahead of Sunday’s ‘El Clasico’ and discussed his relationship with fellow goalkeeper, Iker Casillas, his failed stint in Sevilla and the challenges of the season.

Speaking with Cadena SER’s ‘El Larguero’, Lopez went through a gauntlet of topics relating to his past year at the Santiago Bernabeu.

Respect: “I don’t think I’ve changed since I arrived at Real Madrid, I’m the same, I try to be the same. I’m not hurt nor do I feel attacked, I respect the work of the press, I don’t think I’ve been treated unfairly.”

Press: “I don’t feel as if I’ve been challenged, since I’ve arrived back at Real Madrid I’ve felt very loved, I’m very happy. I don’t feel that the press has been treated unfairly by the press. I have live with the criticism and the praise.”

The Fans: “I assume that they’re judging my performance, this is Madrid and it’s a very difficult position.”

Barcelona: “El Clasico is here, these are games meant to be enjoyed, to live them and win them. I haven’t been through a situation with Messi lining up for a penalty in the Bernabeu and I hope it doesn’t happen this Sunday.”

Happy: “My family is very happy. I have a fantastic family; it’s one of my greatest strengths. My wife supports me in everything. I came to Madrid when the opportunity arose, I knew it would be difficult to be the starter but it was an opportunity.”

Sevilla: “I wasn’t well in Sevilla, I feel sorry for the fans, I went there to give my all, I killed myself in training and tried to succeed there. I came to Sevilla psychologically down after Villarreal was relegation and I don’t think it was the right fit.”

Ancelotti: “I don’t think he’s done anything to offend anyone in the press. Ancelotti tells me I’m going to play in La Liga the day of the game. I don’t expect to play or not play. I knew it would be difficult to be the starter but I’m confident in my abilities, I knew I had to give my all and work hard.”

Casillas: “I have a good relationship with Iker, the things between us change with age but not because anything in particular has happened. I respect and admire Iker, I’ve always admired him. Iker has never shown me a lack of respect nor I to him. We have a cordial, natural relationship. What I see in both Iker and myself is the love from the fans, the Madridismo. This is what I lacked in Sevilla. I can’t say a single thing against Iker, because it wouldn’t be true.”

Atletico: “I have my share of the responsibility with Gabi’s goal at the Calderon and I accept it.”

Champions League: “If we reach the final of the Champions League and the manager decides to play Iker in La Liga matches, I’ll accept it.”

El Clasico: “We won’t show Barca a lack of respect, we know the talent and quality they have. Sunday will be difficult.”

Challege: “My idea is to continue at Real Madrid, it’s a great challenge for me. There’s no better club in the world than Real Madrid.”

Media: “I’m neither distant nor different, I’m the same. Maybe it’s because I lost the daily contact. I’ve never turned down a chance to speak with the media and I’ve always spoken like I am now today, how I feel.”

Dressing Room: “The situation in the dressing room is different from before. Ancelotti knows how to handle the dressing room, he’s a great person, natural and very intelligent.”

Ambitious: “I didn’t sign on to be a substitute, I signed on to compete and fight for my spot. I am confident in myself and my abilities, I’m very excited to continue being a Real Madrid player.”

Normality: “Iker was one of the best in the world. I don’t mind if you ask me about Iker. I know what he represents for Real Madrid and the country, it’s normal. Iker and I live through this situation with normalcy; we have a lot of respect for each other.”

Calderon: “I don’t think the failure at the Calderon has lowered my confidence. Apart from that play I was happy with the performance.”

National team: “Right now it’s very difficult to get on the national team; the three that are there deserve to be.”

Mourinho: “I am grateful to Mourinho because he made me believe in my abilities.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:22 pm

Looking back at the comments in this thread, its sad to see the shit lopez got and still gets

I don't give 2 f's if casillas is better. Because so far, he hasn't shown it.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:48 am

We're top of the league thanks in part to Lopez so it's not like he's costing us a chance to win the league.

Iker is better in cup competitions anyway because let's face it Iker should have way more Zamora trophies than he currently does if he were such a irreplaceable part of our defence (lol)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:44 am

Lopez. :bow:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bu_j-q4IUAE5gbA.png

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:07 pm

He would make a good captain. Real madrid needs a Real captain.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down