S
Valkyrja
Adit
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pogba vs Thiago - Page 2 Empty Re: Pogba vs Thiago

Post by LeBéninois Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:42 pm

Thiago will be 25 this season and is playing for Bayern after playing for Barca. Pogba will be 23 and he has not played with the creme de la creme yet. when that happens he'll get better. Right now Thiago might be ( although injury prone ) but Pogba is not far behind and is a very mature player.

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Since when does playing in a team, being surrounded by players who can carry your ass to trophies make you a better player?

If Messi was playing for Villarreal, Messi would still be Messi.

If Pogba is some overrated youtube sensation, then Thiago is what exactly? Has he even played 2 important games in a row at Bayern without being injured before, during and after?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:59 pm

You know LeBéninois's point would make sense if he wasn't talking about Thiago Alcantara Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:11 pm

LeBéninois wrote:Thiago will be 25 this season and is playing for Bayern after playing for Barca. Pogba will be 23 and he has not played with the creme de la creme yet. when that happens he'll get better. Right now Thiago might be ( although injury prone ) but Pogba is not far behind and is a very mature player.

^ Bullshit.
Pogba is a key starter for Juve and was amongst the best CMs in Europe and just reached a CL final,  whereas Thiago was 5fth choice for Barca and injured most of the time for Bayern, reaching semifinals at best and losing them for an overall 30-0.
I fail to see how Thiago belongs to the elite of midfielders and Pogba doesn't.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:25 pm

Thiago is more talented but he's injury prone and a fraud. For now Pogba but if Thiago ever overcomes that proneness and becomes a solid player then I will say Thiago.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Verratti piss in the head of both and also in the head of  goat brain Kovacic.
Just see their performance against Barca, these two were invisible.
Verratti  had Messi in his back pocket

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:49 pm

It's not a thread about Verratti though.

Why bring him up? Neutral
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Katy Perry wrote:
LeBéninois wrote:Thiago will be 25 this season and is playing for Bayern after playing for Barca. Pogba will be 23 and he has not played with the creme de la creme yet. when that happens he'll get better. Right now Thiago might be ( although injury prone ) but Pogba is not far behind and is a very mature player.

^ Bullshit.
Pogba is a key starter for Juve and was amongst the best CMs in Europe and just reached a CL final,  whereas Thiago was 5fth choice for Barca and injured most of the time for Bayern, reaching semifinals at best and losing them for an overall 30-0.
I fail to see how Thiago belongs to the elite of midfielders and Pogba doesn't.

Let me rephrase my idea then. If given the choice I'd take Pogba, no doubt. Why ? because i agree with you ( red part ) . What i meant is that Pogba is already a top CM and is going to play with even better players in the yeras to come so he'll going to improve a lot imo whereas Thiago is has been playing with top5-10 players all his career which should help any young talent so even if he might be better than Pogba right now, Paul is going to be the better player at the end of the day because he has already proved as much as (if not more ) Thiago despite playing in '' weaker '' teams ( France and Juve )
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:20 pm

Has Thiago even had a full season under his belt ? Playing second fiddle to Barça's first choice midfield while getting injured for substantial periods at Bayern.If Pogba is all hype what does this make Thiago then ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:22 pm

all hyper
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:15 pm

Why are we even comparing a rotation player at one of the best clubs to one of the best players at one of the best clubs? What did Thiago do to suggest that as of right now he is better than Pogba?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:35 pm

This "what has he done" thing never makes sense unless we speak about one guy who never played in even the first division and another guy who played in the CL or something so drastic like that.

Who cares what who has done. Just look with your eyes what talent each show and then that's it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:19 pm

yeah thats it. Just looking at how they play Pogba isnt really on another level as some are suggesting. His CL performances in later stages were nothing to right home about.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:36 pm

The Franchise wrote:This "what has he done" thing never makes sense unless we speak about one guy who never played in even the first division and another guy who played in the CL or something so drastic like that.

Who cares what who has done. Just look with your eyes what talent each show and then that's it.

but thats not enough. Did you see Ben Arfa last week? He was rearing up some pub french team. He looked incredible showing the level of talent that we know he has. But this is a guy that never converted that talent into performances and consistency.

Now, he is far removed from guys like thiagonor pogba but his example shows talent is not enough and never will.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:10 pm

CMs aren't rated with goals and assists... just a FYI.  And also keep in mind that Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal are gone while Marchisio and Morata are injured.  Pogba has been playing with Padoin and Pereyra in the starting midfield...  Coman/Mandzu as the attacking duo. Evra and Lichsteiner are geriatric as wingbacks too.

Not only is it an entirely new team other the defense...  i'd venture to say that the talent has been severely downgraded until Marchisio and Morata return + Draxler gets bought.

I really am at a loss how you guys rate CMs.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:12 pm

I also agree with Nick... talent means very little unless it's shown in games at a high level on a consistent basis. It's just a favorable starting point for a player to compete with other players.

Pogba is just as talented as Thiago if not more anyhow.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:49 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:This "what has he done" thing never makes sense unless we speak about one guy who never played in even the first division and another guy who played in the CL or something so drastic like that.

but thats not enough. Did you see Ben Arfa last week? He was rearing up some pub french team. He looked incredible showing the level of talent that we know he has. But this is a guy that never converted that talent into performances and consistency.

Now, he is far removed from guys like thiagonor pogba but his example shows talent is not enough and never will.

Ah my friend, we arent talking about Ben Arfa here. We all know this is a complicated guy with alot of talent but problems.

This isnt about talent which isnt turned into a worthy career. Nothing to do with talent.

Its simply what they do on the pitch not "what they have done".

Its just impossible to convince me someone is better just because they won Serie A and got to a CL final as a starter or even key player.

I watch and see what the do on the pitch, not what they are capable of, but what they do.

In this comparison, Pogba loses too many balls for my liking and is too care free, he doesnt value the ball enough. Thiago is also a bit like this, but Pogba is even more so.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:09 am

for now, pogba. i don't think this is a fair comparison even. now don't get me wrong, i'm not saying pogba is the greatest or the best in the world. as many have rightly pointed out, he wasn't special in the latter stages of the champions league last season. but here's why its not fair. thiago is talented, but he's not had a full season as a starter ever. i think this will be his first season starting full time (if he stays fit), and we're only a couple games in...so for now, i'd give the nod to pogba. that may change if this becomes thiago's breakout year
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:28 pm

Who set up Morata for the tie winning goal against Madrid? Who was voted by both fans and Italian media as one of the two beat juve players in CL final?

I doubt... And I mean seriously highly doubt... That most here understand juve's tactics and his position within it or watch them regularly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:09 am

i'm not sure i'd count pogba's header as "setting up" morata, he jumped for the ball and headed it whichever way he could, it was more props to morata for controlling the ball in a tightly contested area and finishing albeit with his weaker foot...that's almost like saying roberto carlos set up zidane's volley. yeah his clearance got to zizou, but "setting up" is really a stretch. as for the champions league final, i've never understood the idea behind voting for best players on a losing team, especially when there are at least 4 or more players on the winning team who played better (different if only 1 or no player on the winning side performed better ) but barca's front three, iniesta, rakitic and busquets all played better, (granted, the better team). that said, i agree with you that he's a fantastic player, better than thiago imo, and still has enormous potential to be an even better footballer because of his age
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:30 am

pogba wasn't that good sports and you know voting nowadays is clearly a popularity contest.

I have never been convinced by pogba, just doesn't strike me as 80-100 mil mid more like 35-40 mil, veratti and thiago both look way ahead of him, would pick both before him, being tall, skillful and having a good shot is nice and all, but not enough to build around.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:09 am

@chad; sadly, these days, what a player is worth is thrown out the window, hardly matters anymore. it basically comes down to how the selling team values the player. if palermo could get near milion dollars for pastore, and udinese 30 for sanchez, you can bet juventus are going to hike the pogba fee to whoever is desperate enough to buy, especially based on the reputation of his agent, as well as his age. just look at the martial transfer that's taking place, i hear he's going to utd for like 36 million
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:35 pm

Pogba was fantastic last season and i watched almost all his games...   because Vidal was injured/poor form, Pirlo injured and Marchisio injured at various points throughout the season, Pogba was overplayed and he got injured as a result in March.  People keep forgetting that he was out for 6 weeks and only came back in May just before the Madrid second leg.... yeah, he only played 45 mins the game before the Madrid second leg and that was his only football in over 6 weeks.

Let the Juve fans tell you about Pogba.  They may know a little more ESPECIALLY since most people saying that Pogba is not that good don't even follow Serie A here.  At least if i heard such things from Milan, Inter or Roma fans... i'd feel like they have enough exposure.

And that's my other thing... how can you say that Pogba was poor in elimination round games when he barely played in any of them due to injury Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:01 pm

Or listening to "fans" trying to prop up their players is the last thing we should be doing. I trust that most here know what they are talking about when they enter a subject, and chose to comment.

pogba is a very good player, he has his qualities, although, we got a little lost with the "complete" part, and "can play every position" stuff that were thrown around.

If anything, it seems to me that when Pogba was starting to play well for Juve, he showed so many aspects to the game in such a short period of time that people started thinking he could do it all. Multiply that by how little people were watching him then, plus the stunning goals, plus the youtube clips.

Now the more we watch him, the more we see the limitations and the strengths.

And as far as his performances in CL, he hasnt been jaw dropping good yet. Far from it, he has been good, but he has certainly not looked like a 100 mil player. It will take time.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:29 pm

Taking me out of the equation... Is there one Juve fan or even Serie A fan that didn't consider Pogba fantastic until Feb last season? Or is being overplayed and injured only valid circumstances for players in other leagues? Still makes me laugh when everyone says hr was meh in elimination round games when he barely played amy due to injury and came back just in time for CL semis 2nd leg. He was very good in pool play when fresh and healthy.

He hasn't started out well this season because he's acclimating to new teammates and a new position. He's not comfortable yet.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:50 pm

Sure, he was injured in the knockouts, so we can realistically rate his perf, but he was very good in groups? How was Pogba playing vs Atletico, if i recall it was the only good team in his group. Was he very good vs Atletico?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next